• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

NateDog

I actually found normal (human) Maleficent more difficult than her dragon form in 1, I remember I was stuck on that for a while.

Tinkerbell and Aero helped me take her down in no time on Proud mode.

I forgot how tedious Drive Form levelling is. One more level for all of them but it feels like it's going to take forever.

Summon tinker bell and spam aerora. oh, and glide a lotttt. Or if you're magic based you can summon bambi and spam gravira a hilarious amount

I used aero and proceeded to beat the shit out of her. Died like 6 times and I think my level was 50ish on proud mode.

Looking at above it seems I should use summons more.

Thanks everyone. My party is low 40's on normal mode, is that good enough or do I need to grind? I just figured out the quick command for magic 20 hours in so that tells you how much of a rookie I am at this game!

I actually found normal (human) Maleficent more difficult than her dragon form in 1, I remember I was stuck on that for a while.
Bless Graviga.

Thanks everyone. My party is low 40's on normal mode, is that good enough or do I need to grind? I just figured out the quick command for magic 20 hours in so that tells you how much of a rookie I am at this game!

I reckon you should be fine if you get them to mid-late 40's.

Bless Graviga.

I reckon you should be fine if you get them to mid-late 40's.

If you picked shield at the start of the game you will be fine.Just use the strategy the other guys told you about.I would also add as as strategy to be under and behind Malificent's head, just if front of her belly.There most of her attacks will not hurt you and you jup and hit her without worrying so much about her moves

Philippo

Finally bought the game, will start in a cople of days once i clear out Persona 5.

One question though: is it multi5? Or only english?

LAA

Beat Terra's story on critical yesterday and believe I've unlocked all the trophies I can without needing to complete the game first. (Except level grinding to 99, I hope that step gets easier after beating the game, seems way too long at this point).

Started Ven's story, but kinda going more to Persona 5 and maybe Yakuza 0 now, problem with BBS is the thought of doing what I just done 3x isn't very exciting, the one big flaw with the game really, 3D improved on it by giving the two characters mostly different experiences in the same world, but BBS feels mostly the same.
In BBS's favour though, the fact you have new characters to play as and the story is like a fresh entry point for everyone are the pluses for it though.

silva1991

Roxas is just insane at level 1 critical. After over 20 fights, I think I'll watch a video on how to avoid getting hit by his pillars of light :/

the sniper guy is gonna be even harder.

13ruce

Banned
Might as well just watch cutscenes since you already own DDD unless you want to replay it with a better camera and controsl and also play what is essentially a 3-5 hour tech demo.

Buy it but only for like £20/$30 or less. 0.2 is fun but short. If you're not planning on replaying the whole series, then you can watch it on youtube.

DDD feels better on the PS4. I played through it on the 3DS, but found it always felt cramped and impaired my enjoyment.

That being said, is 2.8 worth the full price? No, not really. Get it if it's on a good sale, but otherwise stick to the 3DS version

Thanks guys i will wait for a sale or a cheap second hand version then. 40-50 indeed sounds expensive for just it's content but i will bite at 20-30. 60fps 4k/1080p DDD sounds awesome and it's why i bought the 1.5+2.5 bundle (60 fps gameplay) but KH3D + a extended demo + cutscenes for the same price as that is a hard pill to swallow, so ill wait a bit thanks all!

Edit: welp found a new copy for 34,99 € that's good enough i caved in:p ohwell thanks anyway for all your input!

LAM09

Just reached the final world in 1 and was just wondering how much end game content there is aside from the Coliseum?

I knew about the voices, but are the subs multi5? I bought it from an english store and was wondering if it'll have italian subs too.

The PSN listing / back of the box says the game comes with German, English, Italian, French, and Spanish subtitles so you're all good to go.

Just reached the final world in 1 and was just wondering how much end game content there is aside from the Coliseum?

Synthesising every item, collecting every weapon, completing gummi missions, finding all Dalmations, completing Jiminy's Journal, and fighting the secret bosses.

The trophies contain basically everything you need to do for post game (minus completing every gummi mission)

BTails

There's 5 major "end-game" bosses, 2 of which are accessed through the Coliseum after beating Hades Cup. There's also rare Heartless to seek out and defeat, especially if you want to synthesize all the items (Including gear like the Ultima Keyblade)

LAM09

There's 5 major "end-game" bosses, 2 of which are accessed through the Coliseum after beating Hades Cup. There's also rare Heartless to seek out and defeat, especially if you want to synthesize all the items (Including gear like the Ultima Keyblade)

Thanks. Guess I'm going to have to level up quite a bit to give the Platinum Cup a go for starters.

Man, KH2's lack of rewards for Paradox cups/most minigames outside of a Mickey mark in your journal reminds me how much KH2FM fixed it. The original vanilla version had basically no postgame whatsoever.

At least KH1 gives you useful Coliseum rewards, rewards you materially for doing well in Pooh minigames, gives you rewards for the vine slider minigame, et cetera.

I'd feel way better about KH2's minigames if getting a skateboarding high score (or whatever) gave you a piddling mythril shard instead of nothing whatsoever. Thank god for Final Mix's infusion of actual postgame content.

I forgot KH2 had so many FF cameos, but some of them feel very pointless. Auron and the gang in Twilight Town are cool, but the X-2 girls and Tifa are given nothing to do and Setzer was wasted. Same goes for Stitch on the Disney side, he feels very shoehorned.

The core group (Leon, Cid, Yuffie, Aerith) are still great though.

I forgot KH2 had so many FF cameos, but some of them feel very pointless. Auron and the gang in Twilight Town are cool, but the X-2 girls and Tifa are given nothing to do and Setzer was wasted. Same goes for Stitch on the Disney side, he feels very shoehorned.

The core group (Leon, Cid, Yuffie, Aerith) are still great though.

I'd rather take too many cameos than the severe lack of cameos the series now suffers from :(

Zomba13

True, last we had was Zack, right?

Saw some more of the added cutscenes in KH2 and holy shit, I've been pronouncing Demyx's name wrong all these years! Deh-myx not Dee-myx.

Well there was the TWEWY gang in DDD (not FF but...).

I'm sure 3 will be full of them. I bet at least we'll see Zack coming back (because of Olympus being the first world and the connection with the BBS trio) in addition to the Radiant Garden crew.

13ruce

Banned
Pretty sure KH3 will feature Radiant Garden again with old and new FF cameos it's a series staple world. Can't see them leaving that out either Twilight or Traverse town will maybe be replaced by Daybreak town but it's possible all town worlds will be in.

Leon and co are a lock Sephiroth and Cloud also probably with a new Sephiroth secret battle. I can see Zack + the twewy crew also returning.

Lightning and Noctis probably are the new comers and a few other FF/Square Enix characters.
If 2B from Nier Automata is in i will be like :eek: but that will never happen xd.

Anyway don't worry about cameos i am sure they are in, especially in a console KH game.

I just platinumed KHFM in 35 hours.

My last 2 trophies were the unbeatable and unchanged armour.
I did them on beginner and finished the game in just 5-6 hours.At the end I did very little damage but at least i had second chance so it was difficult to die too.
Only 2 game left now xD.

I'm thinking of starting Chain of Memories but I'm really not that good with card games and I've never played this game before, so I'll probably start on beginner.
Does anyone know a good guide about the game mechanics and how to build a good deck?I prefer videos, but text is ok too

silva1991

I'm close to Xigbar and I'm not sure I want to fight him. I don't think I can survive without once more.

Pretty sure KH3 will feature Radiant Garden again with old and new FF cameos it's a series staple world. Can't see them leaving that out either Twilight or Traverse town will maybe be replaced by Daybreak town but it's possible all town worlds will be in.

Leon and co are a lock Sephiroth and Cloud also probably with a new Sephiroth secret battle. I can see Zack + the twewy crew also returning.

Lightning and Noctis probably are the new comers and a few other FF/Square Enix characters.
If 2B from Nier Automata is in i will be like :eek: but that will never happen xd.

Anyway don't worry about cameos i am sure they are in, especially in a console KH game.

I hope not. I love Sephiroth, but i want them to be more creative with bosses in KH3. maybe Kefka this time around

957798-kefka.jpg

His design feels like it belongs to Kingdom Hearts world

NateDog

I'm thinking of starting Chain of Memories but I'm really not that good with card games and I've never played this game before, so I'll probably start on beginner.
Does anyone know a good guide about the game mechanics and how to build a good deck?I prefer videos, but text is ok too
I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think I ever played a card-based game before and played CoM on whatever the highest difficulty available was on first try and was fine. Had some difficulties on two certain bosses but still enjoyed it, in fact I actually loved how challenging some of those battles were.

I just platinumed KHFM in 35 hours.

My last 2 trophies were the unbeatable and unchanged armour.
I did them on beginner and finished the game in just 5-6 hours.At the end I did very little damage but at least i had second chance so it was difficult to die too.
Only 2 game left now xD.

Ummm wow at only 35 hours D:

How did you hit level 99 and synthesize everything that quickly?

Ummm wow at only 35 hours D:

How did you hit level 99 and synthesize everything that quickly?

Well to be honest I was really surprised by how quickly i gathered all the materials, because I've done it before and it took me waaay longer a few years back.

The more I think about it, the differences between now and then are that really helped me are the following:

1)I used the lucky strike ability from the start even if it meant sacrificing more useful abilities for combat.

2)I practiced the strategies for the rare mushrooms before so the process of getting the stones way more fluid than the first time, where a lot of trial and error inevitably occurred.

3)I was really lucky with the Goofy defender shield whereas in the first time it took me more than 2 hours of useless grinding even though I already had finished with the materials.
This time around I just got naturally :p

4)There are a lot of hidden dark matter and mithril in the game, so make sure to find everything because otherwise you're gonna have to unnecessarily grind extra materials

Now for the lvl 100 trophy, when i finished with everything else I was lvl 70 -75 i think so by just defeating the Rock Titan again and again i reached lvl 100 in about 1 hour and a half
This is pretty straightforward.

Finally it's also important to mention that the ps4 version of KHFM only wants to collect 30 of the gummi ship blueprints, not all of them, whereas in the ps3 version you had to clear all the gummi mission, which added a lot of extra time to the platinum :p

Fj0823

I'm close to Xigbar and I'm not sure I want to fight him. I don't think I can survive without once more.

I hope not. I love Sephiroth, but i want them to be more creative with bosses in KH3. maybe Kefka this time around

957798-kefka.jpg

His design feels like it belongs to Kingdom Hearts world

I feel it's probably going to be Ardyn

I think it'll probably be Sephiroth again (at least, in the launch version) and that's okay.

If KH3 has some kind of arena/coliseum, though, that's a prime spot for more DLC. I'd love to get a full year of support like FFXV is getting, but with a much more solid base game.

Think of how KH2 launched with basically just the core story and not a ton of side content, but then Final Mix added an immensely fleshed out postgame. I could see KH3 following the same sort of strategy.

And I'd love to eventually get superbosses based on multiple FF villains. We're overdue for Gilgamesh in Kingdom Hearts, for example.

Zomba13

That comment on DLC just reminded me, we can have DLC now! That means that everyone should get any kind of Final Mix content for KH3. If there is any.

That comment on DLC just reminded me, we can have DLC now! That means that everyone should get any kind of Final Mix content for KH3. If there is any.

Yep. Selling Final Mix-type content at $20-30 a pop to a huge portion of the install base (via digital distribution) is way more profitable than reselling it at full $60 price to a small fraction of it.

I just beat Xaldin for the first time without having to be saved by Mickey! I never knew you could stack Jump attacks.

Sounds good, extra bosses to fight in the Coliseum is what comes to mind.

Footos22

Almost finished up My 100% final mix run.
I think I spent longer trying to get the wizards relic to drop then how long it took me to get to hollow bastion...... defender dropped quickly.

Just that and a proud run to go for plat.

I'm at 25 hours. So should have the plat over 2 playthroughs in 30-33ish. depending on that fucking Wizard relic.

Holy fuck, I've completed the Lingering Will, Data Battles, and Mushrooms today. Never completed these before since my PS3 went to shit. Most Data Battles were easy since I'm level 99 but man some of them were tough and frustrating (curse you Demyx, Luxord, and Axel!)

Just have a few more shit to complete (Hades Paradox, Mission list, Synthesis, Gummi Missions) and then it's on to completing my Critical playthrough :)

Almost finished up My 100% final mix run.
I think I spent longer trying to get the wizards relic to drop then how long it took me to get to hollow bastion...... defender dropped quickly.

Just that and a proud run to go for plat.

I'm at 25 hours. So should have the plat over 2 playthroughs in 30-33ish. depending on that fucking Wizard relic.
You're going to hate me but the first Wizard I fought in Hollow Bastion dropped a Wizard Relic lol. Also got the Defender Shield without trying.

Zomba13

So replaying KH2 Port Royal now and after BBS and how keyblades are like, passed on/given to whoever you want and how
Kairi even gets hers by accident because she
touched Aquas Keyblade. Does that mean Jack could get one? He wanted it, Sora said ok and gave it to him and Jack grabbed it.

Can Jack Sparrow and his bad Johnny Depp impersonator VA be one of the 7 lights?

Footos22

Holy fuck, I've completed the Lingering Will, Data Battles, and Mushrooms today. Never completed these before since my PS3 went to shit. Most Data Battles were easy since I'm level 99 but man some of them were tough and frustrating (curse you Demyx, Luxord, and Axel!)

Just have a few more shit to complete (Hades Paradox, Mission list, Synthesis, Gummi Missions) and then it's on to completing my Critical playthrough :)

You're going to hate me but the first Wizard I fought in Hollow Bastion dropped a Wizard Relic lol. Also got the Defender Shield without trying.

breakfast-club-i-hate-you.gif

Honestly, some data battles are probably significantly easier than the absent silhouettes at the relative level you're likely to encounter them at. Marluxia especially is almost exactly the same fight and totally reliant on your level counter. I'd argue that this is also true of Lexaeus and Xaldin.

Honestly, some data battles are probably significantly easier than the absent silhouettes at the relative level you're likely to encounter them at. Marluxia especially is almost exactly the same fight and totally reliant on your level counter. I'd argue that this is also true of Lexaeus and Xaldin.

I did my major playthrough on beginner (it's just less frustrating for me to do everything on there and then do a main story playthrough on critical) so each boss was extremely easy and I was probably over-levelled too.

Those three data battes you listed were easy as shit, especially at level 99 lol. It was just reflect then final form and smash them to death. Insert a gimmick and I was stressed out and dying lol

So replaying KH2 Port Royal now and after BBS and how keyblades are like, passed on/given to whoever you want and how
Kairi even gets hers by accident because she
touched Aquas Keyblade. Does that mean Jack could get one? He wanted it, Sora said ok and gave it to him and Jack grabbed it.

Can Jack Sparrow and his bad Johnny Depp impersonator VA be one of the 7 lights?

It's not made 100% clear but I think part of the idea is that only Keyblade Masters can actually pass it on to someone else.

Then again, explain Lea's keyblade, lol

Vertti

I just cannot beat Sephiroth. It's not really fun battle at all. I don't have any problem with the first four lifebars but it takes so long to get there. And then because I'm only at level 63 I can take two hits max and it's really easy to get hit twice in a row.

I could grind but that's really boring. Maybe I just give up.

Zomba13

I just cannot beat Sephiroth. It's not really fun battle at all. I don't have any problem with the first four lifebars but it takes so long to get there. And then because I'm only at level 63 I can take two hits max and it's really easy to get hit twice in a row.

I could grind but that's really boring. Maybe I just give up.

I had such trouble with Sephiroth in KH1 years ago but this time around I just did it at 99 with the Ultima Weapon and completely wrecked him. I probably should've fought him at a lower level like I did the other bosses.

Something that seems new to me in the PS4 port is that KH1's Sephiroth appears as a lockon target while he's still invisibly teleporting to perform Heartless Angel, and that *completely* trivializes the effort involved in interrupting him (because you can see where he's going).

Vertti

I had such trouble with Sephiroth in KH1 years ago but this time around I just did it at 99 with the Ultima Weapon and completely wrecked him. I probably should've fought him at a lower level like I did the other bosses.

Well I finally beat him! I raised my hp and def which turned 2hkos to 3hkos making the whole thing much more manageable. Feels really good!

Something that seems new to me in the PS4 port is that KH1's Sephiroth appears as a lockon target while he's still invisibly teleporting to perform Heartless Angel, and that *completely* trivializes the effort involved in interrupting him (because you can see where he's going).

Yeah that helped a lot. Otherwise the final "phase" would have been much harder because all the shit flying around and I don't have 2nd change.

Does it bother anyone else that they use the Hollow Bastion song when it's Radiant Garden?
I know it's the same place and all, but it just sounds like "last dungeon" music and that just doesn't fit with Radiant Garden to me.
I dunno it's just a weird thing that has bugged me for about a decade now I guess.

Top Bottom