• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Lnds500

seriously, getting 15k on hades paradox is the real secret boss. Fuck the datas and lingering will. This is ridiculously difficult. Just got to the very end where u fight all 4 characters at once, got them all dead except squall and then he got me locked in a corner and instakilled me. Every attempt takes like an hour, jesus christ.

Use stitch.

Strings

Yeah, I don't actually know how to do the Underworld Cup scores without abusing Stitch.

Also screw not offering exp in the KH2 cups :( It's why they suck (outside of offering no new bosses)!

Philippo

Tips for going through Riku's story in CoM as fast as possible? I'm already burned out so i want to power through it and move to KHII.

Use stitch.

I am, i dont have a problem at all getting the score anymore. I can get it in a few rounds. Its just going through the whole thing without dying thats the problem. You have to start somewhere between 11-20 to be able to use stitch. Some of the rounds between 40-50 are super annoying

Tips for going through Riku's story in CoM as fast as possible? I'm already burned out so i want to power through it and move to KHII.

Riku's story proceeds ridiculously fast as-is. Don't forget to take advantage of enemy cards (and each floor's specific deck comes with one or two enemy cards specific to that floor - DEFINITELY don't ignore them as they often shore up the weaknesses of that deck and will determine a lot about your battle strategy).

If you're having lots of trouble against a boss, Duel it repeatedly.

Psxphile

Start every battle by activating the Maleficent enemy card first when you get it, it's an attack buff but doesn't penalize Riku like it would Sora. Several floors later, you'll get Lexaeus' card that inflicts Warp (OHKO) during a combo finisher. Couple that with Riku's standard 3-hit combos and you can clear most random battles in under a minute.

Start every battle by activating the Maleficent enemy card first when you get it, it's an attack buff but doesn't penalize Riku like it would Sora. Several floors later, you'll get Lexaeus' card that inflicts Warp (OHKO) during a combo finisher. Couple that with Riku's standard 3-hit combos and you can clear most random battles in under a minute.
This is basically how grinding Riku levels is done, though I'd argue it's largely unnecessary to do so if you're just speeding through the story.

Psxphile

Looks like another patch just dropped.

DC_Uc37VYAEWo14.jpg:large

raven777

quick google translation of the patch

- Fixed the behavior of instantaneous movement used by enemies and colleagues of Kingdom Hearts II.
· Adjusted the suction power when using a technique such as magnification in Kingdom Hearts II.
· Other defects have been corrected

dickroach

I picked this up the other day. played through KH1 way back on the ps2, but never played through any of the other ones.

been breezing through; this game goes fast. about to go to Hollow Bastion.

one thing: the platforming SUCKS. like so, so bad. the controls, the camera, Sora sometimes gripping a ledge and sometimes not gripping a ledge. does it get better in the later games?/

I picked this up the other day. played through KH1 way back on the ps2, but never played through any of the other ones.

one thing: the platforming SUCKS. like so, so bad. the controls, the camera, Sora sometimes gripping a ledge and sometimes not gripping a ledge. does it get better in the later games?/

They have basically no platforming (which sucks!)

Is there a good method to early grind in Birth by Sleep?

I reached the final boss with Ventus last night on Critical, in only 4 hours but I was pretty low level, like 24 or something.I always reach the last phase of the final battle with the mini game, but damn I'm not exaclty sure what to do here.I can more or less easily reach this phase but it takes a lot of time, because I don't do enough damage and I play with attack commands and magic (mines etc)

silva1991

So they fixed Marluxia? I still didn't download the last update before this one, because I didn't want to fuck up his fight.

Yes!! they removed them entirely lol.

wow i didn't think they would the next one out this fast, i figured we would be waiting a month or 2 before the next one

getting closer the that perfect 2FM port

So they fixed Marluxia? I still didn't download the last update before this one, because I didn't want to fuck up his fight.

Marly is fixed, just did his data org fight and it's perfectly fine

silva1991

wow i didn't think they would the next one out this fast, i figured we would be waiting a month or 2 before the next one

getting closer the that perfect 2FM port

Marly is fixed, just did his data org fight and it's perfectly fine

Time to download the updates then ;)

thanks.

When is this damn collection gonna get a discount? I'm literally waiting for any sort of decent deal to pick it up (hell, give me a 25%) but each time an EU PSN sale gets announced I always bow my head down seeing this collection is never on the list.

Feels bad man.

When is this damn collection gonna get a discount? I'm literally waiting for any sort of decent deal to pick it up (hell, give me a 25%) but each time an EU PSN sale gets announced I always bow my head down seeing this collection is never on the list.

Feels bad man.

Just buy it used if you are in a hurry :p

Fauve

Is there a good method to early grind in Birth by Sleep?

I reached the final boss with Ventus last night on Critical, in only 4 hours but I was pretty low level, like 24 or something.I always reach the last phase of the final battle with the mini game, but damn I'm not exaclty sure what to do here.I can more or less easily reach this phase but it takes a lot of time, because I don't do enough damage and I play with attack commands and magic (mines etc)

Mickey's D-link gets the double experience passive after it reaches level 2. When grinding I would just fight off the unversed in the Keyblade Graveyard with the D-link active. It shouldn't take too long to get a few levels.

Cikay

Feels bad man.

It's 35€ on amazon.fr
(And a few days ago during the Days of Play sales, it was 30€ on amazon.fr)

Mickey's D-link gets the double experience passive after it reaches level 2. When grinding I would just fight off the unversed in the Keyblade Graveyard with the D-link active. It shouldn't take too long to get a few levels.

Thanks, I will try it when I get home.

JayEH

Only thing that's a bit wonky is that during his wheel DM you can't really follow him anymore since he turns really quickly but not as bad as the teleport bug.

I think I made a donut ship correct for kingdom hearts 2. I got through all missions easy without barley getting hit. I am now on mission 3 of assault on the dreadnaught. When I get to the very end where you fight the boss he misses for the most part, but there are a couple move he does that hit me every time and kill me in seconds. Does anyone have tips for this boss? I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. I've watched videos about the donut ship and everything. Mine looks exactly right.

Edit: added canon powerups to it and was able to beat it

Just buy it used if you are in a hurry :p

So, uh... Funny story.

I took your advice and decided to look for a copy from our local "craigslist" equivalent and saw a copy I was interested in. I told my friend I was on the fence, not sure if I should jump in or not.

He looked me dead in the eye and said "Dude, don't." I was like "Why? You know I've been eyeing it for ages."

"I know" - he said. "That's why we (as in my friends) got it for your birthday in 3 weeks."

dickroach

just beat KH1.
I was level 50, didn't feel like grinding, and am pretty bad at combat so I skipped doing the Hades cup and the optional bosses :\ and then there were two trinities I missed that I couldn't figure out. but yea
I don't know if I ever beat this when I was younger. didn't remember that final boss at all. but he was reallly easy. like as easy as any of the enemy hordes the game gives you after Hollow Bastion.

they're using PS2 captures in the credits -__-
it was a pretty half-assed port. so many SD textures. the 60fps gameplay into the <30 fps cutscenes was jarring.

but anyway, on to the games I haven't played yet.
should I just go in the order they're listed on the menu? that's story order?
was that little cool Another Story FMV a teaser for KH2?

LycanXIII

just beat KH1.
I was level 50, didn't feel like grinding, and am pretty bad at combat so I skipped doing the Hades cup and the optional bosses :\ and then there were two trinities I missed that I couldn't figure out. but yea
I don't know if I ever beat this when I was younger. didn't remember that final boss at all. but he was reallly easy. like as easy as any of the enemy hordes the game gives you after Hollow Bastion.

they're using PS2 captures in the credits -__-
it was a pretty half-assed port. so many SD textures. the 60fps gameplay into the <30 fps cutscenes was jarring.

but anyway, on to the games I haven't played yet.
should I just go in the order they're listed on the menu? that's story order?
was that little cool Another Story FMV a teaser for KH2?

Chain of Memories, then 2, then you can watch Days or play BBS, then the other, then watch Re:Coded last.

NullKaze

I can almost never hit Roxas after stealing his keyblades, yet this guy does it the entire fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJdgrRH7BLM

Roxas's pillars of light attacks are so mesmerizing.
The feeling of using three Keyblades in that fight is so amazing.

And doing any finisher and causing all those blades of light to just shoot through Roxas is so much fun.

KH2 is seriously just so good at flashy yet satisfyingly challenging combat.

Is it recommended to play bbs before watching recoded? I played bbs when it came out but don't remember much at all. I thought coded came out first though

Tsunamo

Is it recommended to play bbs before watching recoded? I played bbs when it came out but don't remember much at all. I thought coded came out first though
It's a movie that basically summarises up what the end of BBS told us and a post-credits sequence hinting at what's gonna happen in DDD so yeah, play BBS first otherwise you'll get spoiled big time.

Funnily enough I think the original coded finished about a month or a couple of weeks after BBS released. Coded was episodic (monthly I believe) so we it was released over the course of quite a few months stretching a bit further than BBS's release, and then eventually we got Re:coded.

Since I got the game earlier than expected I decided to go the chronological route - BBS first. Critical, of course.

After almost 6 years I am reminded how good this game is. Good, mind you, in relative terms to the rest of the series. While the biggest complaint of empty worlds is present here more than ever largely due to the fact that it was originally a PSP release, I can't shake the feeling of how many things this game does right.

Even with some awkward dialogue being painfully present, this is still narratively the strongest entry by a long mile. I am once again being reaffirmed in my opinion that this game is an excellent entry point to the series. Had you not played a KH game prior, I would most certainly point you to this one first. Its gameplay is a delightful balance of KH1s more subdued combat and variety of exploration while offering a lot of flash KH2 is known for. The ability system in this game is also so super simple yet so damn addictive and well done.

Also, can I just say that Command Board is just a genius mini-game? You could play through the entire game without touching it once and you wouldn't miss it but if you play it a decent amount of times you can be in a very strong position ability-wise even early on in the playthrough without actually breaking the game too much.

I am so, so glad I started with this one.

Philippo

KH2 first for the authentic experience, but you can really do either.

They result in different emotional kicks. Days as a movie isn't the greatest - you really have to get into the characters.

KHII it is, i'm trying to play them in the original order.
Still, i'll have to take a 1 week break now, luckily i'd add, since i'm hearing Donald and Goofy voices all the time lol

Andrefpvs

The games are in a pretty good state as of patch 1.04. Looking at the relevant bugs that remain, there are:

• (KH2) Some bugs that were present in the original PS2 version, therefore unlikely to be fixed.
  • (KH2) A certain boss reacts differently when hit with an element he dislikes at a certain point of the fight (it looks evasive, so it even fits the moment. People aren't sure if this is an intentional change).
  • (KH2) A certain boss's attack gets stuck instead of completing (this was introduced in 1.03).
  • (KH2) One of Sora's Limit Breaks lasts longer in the English version than in the Japanese version. This was already in the PS3 version and may even benefit the player.
  • (KH1) A certain boss's desperation move is too fast.
    [*] (KH1) The game can (rarely) randomly crash.
    [*] (KH1 + KH2) Some sounds and battle quotes never play.

In italics are the bugs that probably can be fixed. In bold, are the bugs that should definitely be fixed, because they hurt the experience. We've come a long way from the gigantic list of bugs that plagued the original release, which is very good!

If the bolded bugs are fixed, then there really can be no doubt that these are the definitive versions of the games. I really hope Square-Enix deliver one last time, they've been great with their support so far.

(also pls add soft-reset to KH2, kthx &#128077;)

silva1991

The feeling of using three Keyblades in that fight is so amazing.

And doing any finisher and causing all those blades of light to just shoot through Roxas is so much fun.

KH2 is seriously just so good at flashy yet satisfyingly challenging combat.

Yup, the finisher is the best part. so satisfying

you should see the data org speed run strat then

steal his stuff and never let him do anything again

Wow, that's almost unfair for Roxas lol.

graywolf323

So apparently I don’t remember how the white mushrooms work, started up KH1 and first encountering them in Wonderland’s Lotus Forest

I know you’re supposed to cast magic on them three times but even if I get one that only fans itself (wants Blizzard) or only shivers (wants Fire) since I don’t have Thunder yet, and cast the requested spell three times they still disappear >_< what am I doing wrong?

So apparently I don’t remember how the white mushrooms work, started up KH1 and first encountering them in Wonderland’s Lotus Forest

I know you’re supposed to cast magic on them three times but even if I get one that only fans itself (wants Blizzard) or only shivers (wants Fire) since I don’t have Thunder yet, and cast the requested spell three times they still disappear >_< what am I doing wrong?
They disappear after a set amount of time. Are you sure you're not just taking too long with them? Or do you manage to get all three spells in? Because then they're supposed to do a little dance, throw out bubbles, sometimes Mystery Goo and the Fire/Blizzard/etc Arts only if you use the same spell all three times.

Vibed

When I was playing through KH1, the game crashed on me a handful of times. Each time was only when I was opening a chest with Dalmatians in it.

witness

Going to pick this up soon, we are adopting a 9 year old next month and he loves video games (like any kid) so I think this could be great for us to play together. Haven't played these games since their initial release so I'm hyped.

Top Bottom