• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

DNAbro

Max level and Mushroom XIII down.
Probably going to clean up treasure chests and crown stickers next.

Then actually finally start the data battles.

lmao, i cant even get one hit in on lingering will to even start to cheese him on critical. This shits ridiculous. The one time I was able to actually hit him, I guess I wasnt fast enough cus he just disappeared and instakilled me.

Edit: aaaand I just did it. Seriously, anytime I have trouble I just come to complain on gaf and then am able to do it the very next second. Never fails

nickgia

I did it.
It took 3 days but I finally beat Xaldin. I took him to his last bar and tried to kill him with a limit. Ran out of MP and he did his dragon move. I went into drive form so I could regain MP to use reflect, but got anti form instead. I found a corner blind spot (which I didn't realize there was) and just ran around for what seemed like forever. I reverted back and killed him with trinity limit.

Mickey saved my ass 3 times in that fight. Fuck Xaldin.

fuck everything about these data fights. I think this would be faster for me to play through the game again on easy, get to lvl 99 and then beat them than to keep trying on critical. This is insane, one little mistake and its over. I am getting absolutely destroyed by every single one of them at lvl 99 with ultima weapon. ive only managed to fumble my way through like 3 of them, and that was after hours and hours of trying. Just tried xemnas a few times and barely hit him at all before he killed me

Strings

fuck everything about these data fights. I think this would be faster for me to play through the game again on easy, get to lvl 99 and then beat them than to keep trying on critical. This is insane, one little mistake and its over. I am getting absolutely destroyed by every single one of them at lvl 99 with ultima weapon. ive only managed to fumble my way through like 3 of them, and that was after hours and hours of trying. Just tried xemnas a few times and barely hit him at all before he killed me

Here's a guide from a ludicrous player who's explaining them at level 1 as he does them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE

But iunno, they were tough, but fair, and all had openings, etc, to capitalize on.

CrazyAznKT

Neo Member

You have to be really creative with these matches on Crtical. I had to cheat and look up a walkthrough for them and the Mushroom XIII but it still felt great when I finished it all, haha.
I remember a common trick
where you summon
Bambi and then just keep casting reflect

silva1991

Ignore Xemnas, he's trash.

Use pumpkin keyblade since it does more damage than ultima. Limit form's sonic rave and reflect should help alot.

Try beating lexaeus first since he is much easier than the rest.

Here's a guide from a ludicrous player who's explaining them at level 1 as he does them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE

But iunno, they were tough, but fair, and all had openings, etc, to capitalize on.

Just watched it quickly and I already learned something regarding Roxas.

*adds to watch later.

Vexen is such a fucking troll in KH:CoM!!! Dude literally use like 9's and 0's to counter and disrupt your cards!!! I bearly beat him the first time and now I have to face him again right after getting to Twilight Town with ~3 more life bars!?!?!?

FOHWTS!!! Really should've just skipped to KH2 but I'm now committed to this game!

JayEH

It'll probably take you a long time to figure most of them even with a guide. They're the super bosses for a reasons. You can't get frustrated it's just the nature of the beasts but that's what makes them satisfying to beat. You'll know them inside out and by the time you're done and then you can replay them forever kicking their ass.

Vexen is such a fucking troll in KH:CoM!!! Dude literally use like 9's and 0's to counter and disrupt your cards!!! I bearly beat him the first time and now I have to face him again right after getting to Twilight Town with ~3 more life bars!?!?!?

Vexen's first battle made me quit Re:CoM

Banzai

FOHWTS!!! Really should've just skipped to KH2 but I'm now committed to this game!

He was the first big roadblock on my recent Proud playthrough. The trick about him is that all his attacks are dodgeable, though. Once I got his attacks down in the first fight the second wasn't that difficult.

Now, (boss spoiler for you)
Axel 2
was a different beast. His sleights are undodgeable.

Oh God, Vexen and his fucking 0 cards. That's so far the only boss in this franchise that made me actually pissed with how bullshit it felt. His data and replica version in KH2 came pretty close though

Whew I forgot what a dang slog it is to powerlevel pre-Final Episode Aqua in BBS. Literally no good options exist.

Guess I'll do the rubber band/exp walker thing :-(

In each of the games of Kingdom hearts(besides 358 and recoded) what are the most overpowered/cheap skill or whatever makes the game easier? The only one I'm aware of is Reflect in Kingdom Hearts 2. I'm not sure about KH1, Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance and 2.8.

Skittles

In each of the games of Kingdom hearts(besides 358 and recoded) what are the most overpowered/cheap skill or whatever makes the game easier? The only one I'm aware of is Reflect in Kingdom Hearts 2. I'm not sure about KH1, Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance and 2.8.
Aeroga-KH1
DDD - Balloon
KHCOM - Lethal Frame/MegaFlare

Strings

Thunder surge has stupid invincibility frames in BBS.

CrazyAznKT

Neo Member

For BbS, mine attacks are really good, Mega Flare wrecks mobs, and surge attacks are really good on bosses since they have crazy invincibility. Note that Mega Flare doesn't work as well on bosses since they take a max damage per hit and Mega Flare is slow.

In DDD, surges continue to be good and then Balloon attacks are better mines.

KH1, I do mostly Aero and Cure since Cure doesn't get rid of your remaining MP like KH2. Not as familiar with the utility of KH1 summons as I am with KH2 but I'm sure they're great?

I'm assuming you mean 0.2 in the 2.8 collection but there aren't as many options so it really comes down to trying to get as many finisher spells as possible since they don't take MP and are really strong.

Reflect is good but it isn't OP, like i would say stitch is even more broken and once again he isn't perfect

KH2 probably has the best balancing of the whole series as most things in the game get good use out of them

as for the other game

KH1 has Aeroga and Tinker Bell which turns you into a unkillable being
BBS has magnet, thunder, mine spam for group fights and Thunder surge for solo fights
and invincible rolls if your not playing as Terra
and DDD has Balloon, just Balloon is all you need

DNAbro

oh god I finally beat Axel. I got so nervous when I got his health all the way down and he didn't die.

these fights are going to take awhile lol.

the movie barely covered anything that actually happens in UX. New content in the game may be important.

Whatever important story points gets covered in the game will also be revealed to players through something that isn't a goddamn gacha mobile game. [chi] in its assorted mobile-phone iterations will never be *required* content.

Not saying important lore revelations can't necessarily show up there *first,* just that they will also show up elsewhere.

DNAbro

Oh God, am I actually going to have to play UX? I don't want to play UX

Just watch cutscenes of major events as they are posted online. Boss fights in the game are incredibly unfair.

Also it's kind of unknown exactly how important it will be. UX had nothing of that box stuff Back Cover had and it has already been referenced in KH3 trailer. Some of the stuff they hinted at in the Union Cross trailer that I don't think has actually has occurred yet may be super important.

How long does it take to get to the story in UX?

I think legit like 250 mission in before something interesting happens. The Disney worlds fucking suck too up until that point. First decent one is Olympus Colosseum

3 more data battles to go. Xemnas, Xaldin, Zexion. All extremely difficult for me, especially xemnas. Never even gotten past his first form

Edit: Zexion down, didnt know u could just lock in place with fire

Edit2: Xaldin down, heart is pounding out of my chest after that one.

How long does it take to get to the story in UX?

I tried getting to it, but found the game incredibly dull, which was a letdown because I really really enjoyed Dokkan Battle.

It's just... Not fun. You have to put in crazy amounts of time to go through meaningless worlds and grind

I really want to get this as I only got halfway through 2 on the ps3 collection but the idea of playing that Neverending prologue yet again ;-;

This is actuallly my first playthrough on critical. Since I only played Final Mix for the first time in II.5 on the PS3 and never got around to starting a crit run.

Damn, Roxas is a pain in the ass to beat.

sIOEYCS.png

thank god for all the cheese. Basically just loaded full on mega elixers and spammed reflega against xemnas 99% of the time on both forms.

FINALLY playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 again. I swear I've played this game like 5 times now which is a lot for me. Just need to get through it again to tackle....*gulp....Chain of Memories....

for the hades paradox cup, can you start at the different intervals and still get the trophy. Like, I died on round 17, can I start from 11 and still get the trophy?

Edit: well the answer is yes, but theres a mission for getting 15,000 points. This is going to be a problem

I just beat Kingdom Hearts 2 for the first time and game is really good! A significant improvement over the first one. I'm about to play Birth by Sleep and then Dream Drop Distance from the 2.8 collection. How do they compared to 2? I'm really surprised how good 2 was.

I just beat Kingdom Hearts 2 for the first time and game is really good! A significant improvement over the first one. I'm about to play Birth by Sleep and then Dream Drop Distance from the 2.8 collection. How do they compared to 2? I'm really surprised how good 2 was.

BBS is good for what it is (PSP game) with some bad desing choises when it comes to game balance but a ton of customization options and gameplay mechanics. Go in with lowered expectations and you probably will enjoy it fine.

DDD is basically BBS but not as good.

Famassu

BBS is good for what it is (PSP game) with some bad desing choises when it comes to game balance but a ton of customization options and gameplay mechanics. Go in with lowered expectations and you probably will enjoy it fine.

DDD is basically BBS but not as good.
That's somewhat arguable. Most people don't like the Pokemons, but character responsiveness/control feels better, the combat itself is basically copy-pasted from BBS so that's not really much better or worse (with added flowmotion, which a lot of people find to be a fun addition) and personally I far prefer DDD's worlds to BBS's (even if flowmotion makes the more traditional traversal options a bit pointless, I try to take advantage of all the traversal-related things in the environments even if I don't have to).

So it's not "BBS but not as good" on all fronts, I don't think. BBS has the better story, better skill development system and worlds kind of better suited for the movement options available, but on other things I feel DDD is on par or even slightly better. Oh, and DDD OST >>>> BBS OST.

silva1991

They aren't as good imo. The melee combat in those games just aren't as satisfying and boss fights are let down in comparison.

flowmotion genuinely sucks, and actually ruins "flow" (ironically), so for me it's not even close. I think DDD is the second to worst mainline in terms of gameplay, beaten only by com/recom.

flowmotion genuinely sucks, and actually ruins "flow" (ironically), so for me it's not even close. I think DDD is the second to worst mainline in terms of gameplay, beaten only by com/recom.

if it were less overpowered in combat (maybe make the damage output of a given flowmotion attack proportional to how many different types of flowmotion moves you chained into it, such that base damage would be about the same as a combo finisher and you'd need to chain 3-4 different flowmotion moves to power up the attack to the level of damage it does in vanilla DDD), you could cancel/combo out of it like you can with most other combat moves (so it wouldn't be an accidentally-triggerable death sentence on critical difficulty), and you couldn't infinitely jump-chain your way up vertical surfaces (i.e. you'd actually need skill-based platforming), I wouldn't mind it

the nerfed version of it we got in BBS 0.2 and what they seem to be doing in KH3 seems fine, though

Philippo

Any tips for 2nd form Marluxia in CoM? 80% pf my Sleight attacks miss either him or the schytes.

Anyway, compared to when i asked tips on how to cheese through the game, i actually ended up liking CoM. Once i got accustomed to the controls and the card mechanics, i spent a lot of time making my deck with all sort of Sleights. And i must say, end gsme combos ends up being pretty amazing.

Any tips for 2nd form Marluxia in CoM? 80% pf my Sleight attacks miss either him or the schytes.

Anyway, compared to when i asked tips on how to cheese through the game, i actually ended up liking CoM. Once i got accustomed to the controls and the card mechanics, i spent a lot of time making my deck with all sort of Sleights. And i must say, end gsme combos ends up being pretty amazing.

If it's the battle I'm thinking of, remember that this version of him can't use Sleights so you can fairly harmlessly take his scythes out (at least) with normal attacks. But yeah, the usual Lethal Frame/Sonic Rave spam don't work super well - Omnislash works pretty nicely, though, IIRC.

Famassu

if it were less overpowered in combat (maybe make the damage output of a given flowmotion attack proportional to how many different types of flowmotion moves you chained into it, such that base damage would be about the same as a combo finisher and you'd need to chain 3-4 different flowmotion moves to power up the attack to the level of damage it does in vanilla DDD), you could cancel/combo out of it like you can with most other combat moves (so it wouldn't be an accidentally-triggerable death sentence on critical difficulty), and you couldn't infinitely jump-chain your way up vertical surfaces (i.e. you'd actually need skill-based platforming), I wouldn't mind it

the nerfed version of it we got in BBS 0.2 and what they seem to be doing in KH3 seems fine, though
Flowmotion becomes less and less useful the further you get (I mean, you can spam it but it's horribly ineffective vs. later level commands) + it leaves you wide open to attacks, so on harder difficulty levels you can easily put yourself in deadly situations with it.

I agree with crumble, Aqua had a good implementation of flowmotion, which should be a sign for things in KH3.

It's pretty funny that in 3D, treasure chests were placed as if they were the reward to a platforming challenge, even though you could just flowmotion everything

Flowmotion becomes less and less useful the further you get (I mean, you can spam it but it's horribly ineffective vs. later level commands) + it leaves you wide open to attacks, so on harder difficulty levels you can easily put yourself in deadly situations with it.
Ummm. That's exactly why that person is saying it's bad.

It's incredibly easy to accidentally trigger it and you can't cancel it and then you're fucked.

Bad system

yep, late game/critical flowmotion's only particularly useful with the line-grinding move that's basically a teleporting Zantetsuken and the comically spammable jump + ground pound area attack because those both have short windows of vulnerability/do good single target or area damage.

the presence of pros and cons isn't the same as flowmotion being balanced, though - it's always either overpowered or a goddamn death trap, and it's objectively poorly integrated into the game's platforming and into the game's combat

seriously, getting 15k on hades paradox is the real secret boss. Fuck the datas and lingering will. This is ridiculously difficult. Just got to the very end where u fight all 4 characters at once, got them all dead except squall and then he got me locked in a corner and instakilled me. Every attempt takes like an hour, jesus christ.

Top Bottom