• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Burbeting

Banned
Finally facing first roadblock in my KH2 critical run, Roxas. I don't have time to learn his attacks, when they kill me in 1-3 hits :D. I've only beaten him once on my proud run back in 2014.

Finally facing first roadblock in my KH2 critical run, Roxas. I don't have time to learn his attacks, when they kill me in 1-3 hits :D. I've only beaten him once on my proud run back in 2014.

Limit Form and using the RC to steal his keyblades is what you need to beat this fight.

On my Critical playthrough, thanks to Finishing Plus and using the Combo Boost keyblade, a cycle of of full combo including at least one Zantetsuken -> Sonic Rave -> full combo including at least one Zantetsuken -> Sonic Rave finished him off astonishingly fast even without stealing his Keyblades.

But yeah, going mano-a-mano with vanilla Sora vs. two-keyblade Roxas is asking for trouble.

silva1991

Some thoughts on the BBS post game. I would like to have words with whoever decided that putting bosses behind a shitty kart racer and shitty board game wall was a good fucking idea.

Also, you finish this game at a pretty low level which means it's a pretty long grind to get to a good enough level to fight some of the bosses, and that shit gets old quick.

The boss design of this game seems so much worse then KH2. KH2 had difficult bosses, but the designs were smart and the mechanics never felt like bullshit, and overcoming them was rewarding. BBS on the other hand feels difficult just for the sake of it. Bosses just break out of your combos whenever they feel like it, and you can't really stagger them at all.

Yeah, BBS bosses are pretty bad. It's why I will never replay it.

Some thoughts on the BBS post game. I would like to have words with whoever decided that putting bosses behind a shitty kart racer and shitty board game wall was a good fucking idea.

Also, you finish this game at a pretty low level which means it's a pretty long grind to get to a good enough level to fight some of the bosses, and that shit gets old quick.

The boss design of this game seems so much worse then KH2. KH2 had difficult bosses, but the designs were smart and the mechanics never felt like bullshit, and overcoming them was rewarding. BBS on the other hand feels difficult just for the sake of it. Bosses just break out of your combos whenever they feel like it, and you can't really stagger them at all.

Yeah, the Mirage Arena really sucks. It's *still* somehow better than the Underdrome, though.

Only truly good arena mode ever was the KH1 Coliseum.

Zaverious

I'd say No Heart is pretty much the best designed boss in BBSFM that doesn't feel cheap nor did I have to rely a lot on surges, mines, and even excessive dodge rolls. Just the road to get to him is bleh.

NateDog

I'd say No Heart is pretty much the best designed boss in BBSFM that doesn't feel cheap nor did I have to rely a lot on surges, mines, and even excessive dodge rolls. Just the road to get to him is bleh.

It's the only boss in the series I still can't beat on Critical. Every time I get him down to his last 2 bars he goes berserk and obliterates me and any method I had.

The final bosses were great though. It was great to simply fight people not huge freaking monsters or whatever Xenmas and Ansem turned it.

They're not amazing in terms of mechanical complexity and polish, but yeah, BBS's final bosses are all amazing in terms of basic atmosphere and drama. Everything happening at the Keyblade Graveyard feels genuinely cataclysmic.

So... What is the deal with Vexen's fight? I beat his absent silhouette yesterday first try, but didn't grasp the concept of the data capturing, or whatever it was...

Psxphile

So... What is the deal with Vexen's fight? I beat his absent silhouette yesterday first try, but didn't grasp the concept of the data capturing, or whatever it was...

It just powers up the Shadow Sora he summons on you. It's a tough bastard when it's at full strength.

It just powers up the Shadow Sora he summons on you. It's a tough bastard when it's at full strength.

Oh huh, didn't experience that at all.

Luckily, Vexen doesn't constantly become impervious to attacks, so I just swarmed him.

Marluxia, though, is an outright bastard :/

nickgia

Level 1 Critical Run Xaldin Battle:
Take one step - Dead.
Mickey saves me - Mickey spawns into a hit forcing Sora up
Take two steps and casts a poorly timed reflect - Dead
Mickey saves me - Mickey spawns into a hit forcing Sora up.

This will be fun.

tensuke

Well all my save files got smoked.

Back to KH1 it is...
With the latest patch? :/

Edit: oh wait I saw your thread, that sucks dude. I remember the Viewtiful Joe demo disc erasing my 40+hr kh2 save (didn't know about the glitch...), that was hell. I didn't even replay it until years later and didn't even beat it until recently.

So I think I did the optional bosses in the wrong order in BBS. Ended up beating Mysterious Figure and the Lingering Spirit before doing Villains Vendetta and Masters Armor. These just seem like a breeze now that every attack doesn't take me to 1 HP. I heard No Heart was pretty hard though.

So I think I did the optional bosses in the wrong order in BBS. Ended up beating Mysterious Figure and the Lingering Spirit before doing Villains Vendetta and Masters Armor. These just seem like a breeze now that every attack doesn't take me to 1 HP. I heard No Heart was pretty hard though.

I found No Heart a thousand times easier than Mysterious Figure with Terra.

Hate to admit it but I cheaped out on the Lingering Will.

I'm kind of ready to move on to BBS and didn't feel like learning a strategy. Maybe one day I'll come back and fight him for real. Also beat my first data battle, Marluxia.

I'll probably come back and finish those as well.

To be honest I'm not even sure if I want to play BBS on critical.

I'm kind of ready to move on to BBS and didn't feel like learning a strategy. Maybe one I'll come back and fight him for real. Also beat my first data battle, Marluxia.

it has my favourite combat in the series but only because aqua has ridiculous i-frames on her roll and her block is amazing

silva1991

I'm kind of ready to move on to BBS and didn't feel like learning a strategy. Maybe one I'll come back and fight him for real. Also beat my first data battle, Marluxia.

You should feel bad about this :p

Game has some of the most obnoxious bosses in thes eries and I imagine they are tedious on critical.

Would r recommend proud or normal.

Narroo

The final bosses were great though. It was great to simply fight people not huge freaking monsters or whatever Xenmas and Ansem turned it.

Spaceship Dragon.

Honestly, I'd like to ride in that thing. Maybe run a cheap shuttle service between Mars and Earth.

DNAbro

Picked up the collection for my birthday a week ago. I never owned/played the Final Mix version of KH2 and god I forgot how much I love this game. Just beat it and I'm so excited to take on the super bosses.

LycanXIII

Just got to the part in Aqua's story where she finds out that Eraqus has been struck down. I decided to go back (To get the chests) and it's so eerie to run around there without any music playing.

Yeah, the Mirage Arena really sucks. It's *still* somehow better than the Underdrome, though.

Only truly good arena mode ever was the KH1 Coliseum.

It's weird that they never made a tournament that even approached the quality of the first game's. Hoping they course correct with KH3.

That I platinumed every KH game with a Dualshock 3 (played the PS3 versions) is still insane to me. Good luck to you guys on the BBS bosses in particular .___.

tensuke

Definitely don't play on normal, cause unlocking the secret episode is a pain on that (and secret episode is worth it just to hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EqqWhJpz_8).

Honestly, critical is fairly easy in BBS though, so you might as well do that.
Fairly easy, how exactly? Because Critical kh2 was a pain with a lot of bosses, plus lingering will/data battles are wayyy harder than I prefer. Are the optional bosses in bbs about the same?

Strings

Fairly easy, how exactly? Because Critical kh2 was a pain with a lot of bosses, plus lingering will/data battles are wayyy harder than I prefer. Are the optional bosses in bbs about the same?

Hard to explain, but it's mostly just the skill-system allowing you to be ludicrously well equipped, along with Aqua and Ventus's dodges being broken strong.

The superbosses are going to be super frustrating critical or not, and for the most part are just poorly designed. Two of them are definitely harder than anything in KH2 imo.

Yeah. Critical BBS is quite easy on Ventus and Aqua (especially Aqua) and the secret bosses will 1hp you regardless of mode so you should just do it on Critical.

A tip - don't equip any elemental effects to Aqua's cartwheel/dodge, as that reduces its invincibility frames or makes it slower, I can't remember which.

DNAbro

Going through the Cave of Remembrance for the first time.

"Surely this is the last wave of Nobodies and I'm done with this gauntlet."

Game:
laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

What's a good level for this? I'm currently 60. I'm on Proud mode.

DNAbro

That should be enough IIRC. Are you using Stitch?

Nah, I was using drive forms as a free heal + magic regen. I just revert immediately and build it back up before I need it again. I just feel like I'm taking too much damage, I got grabbed by 2 Dancers and got killed. I probably need Second Chance.

Peff

I just feel like I'm taking too much damage, I got grabbed by 2 Dancers and got killed. I probably need Second Chance.

That would be why you want to summon someone who can stunlock enemies and heal HP and MP :p It's not going to be smooth sailing even with him, but as long as you keep your distance he makes it a lot easier.

Holy shit, KH2 is a long platinum. I just crossed 100 hours and feel like im only halfway there on trophies. Havent even started synthesis stuff yet, or mushroom guys, or gummi. And im only lvl 70 something. Now I get why 2 playthroughs are recommended. Fuck critical for doing everything

DNAbro

DNAbro is so lucky to fight the data bosses for the first time.

He is in for a treat.

I'm super excited.

Decided to grind up to until second chance (at level 85) so I could get past that last part easier, decided to try and fight Axel real quick and proceeded to get destroyed real quick. I'm always impressed by people who can do the Critical Level 1 no hit fight.

I'm super excited.

Decided to grind up to until second chance (at level 85) so I could get past that last part easier, decided to try and fight Axel real quick and proceeded to get destroyed real quick. I'm always impressed by people who can do the Critical Level 1 no hit fight.

axel is super weak to blizzard so equip the keyblade you got from atlantica and add some blizzards into the fight, a good idea with be doing a blizzard finisher instead of one with your keyblade

I'm super excited.

I just did the data battles for the first time a few weeks ago. They're extreamly fun and rewarding once you finally get through them. Data Vexen can go fuck himself though

axel is super weak to blizzard so equip the keyblade you got from atlantica and add some blizzards into the fight, a good idea with be doing a blizzard finisher instead of one with your keyblade

yeah, as much as the KH games *seem* like they're straight up action-first, the RPG half of the formula totally matters and going in with the right equipment/ability setup and properly exploiting elemental weaknesses can absolutely turn the tables

Top Bottom