• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh dear, this is the new "Sin Harvest"
Thankfully, KHII cleared that one up with "Descend, Heartless Angel"

Doesn't Braig have a "reload" quote in Birth by Sleep? What does he say there?

Fucking hell, got him down to 2 bars, but I can't avoid that dragon move. Funny when I had no chance of beating him MM shows up 8 times but when I am so close to beating him he doesn't show up at all.

Kain

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck data Xaldin fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck him!!!

Just beat Axel by reflecting+finisher+RC as people suggested and then full of confidence I go to Xaldin. He is hard as balls, damn this guy.

I think I'm going to cheese Roxas, Demyx or something to gain some confidence back, because this fucker is annoying.

I hate this boss.

raven777

I am keep dying at the last boss. How the hell do I beat him?

Once I get to control Riku, wtf am I suppose to do? I try to go to sora and keep dying.

Once I get to control Riku, wtf am I suppose to do? I try to go to sora and keep dying.

Shoot->take a few steps->shoot->take a few steps

Repeat until you reach the boss and can use the reaction command.

Use Dark Aura every few steps to fend off the Xemnas clone. Basically:

Walk a few steps -> Dark Aura -> Walk a few steps -> Dark Aura, rinse and repeat until you're close enough to make a beeline for Xemnas. When you're close enough, mash Triangle to initiate the reaction command so the clone doesn't pull any last minute nonsense.

Edit: Beaten. Like, same formatting and everything. Eerie.

Edit 2 because fuck it: Got the Mushroom XIII Trophy. Since I've made it this far, I might as well go for the Platinum.

raven777

ok thanks guys. What am I suppose to do when he throws me up? I keep pressing triangle but I keep getting hit and the damage is so strong.

ok thanks guys. What am I suppose to do when he throws me up? I keep pressing triangle but I keep getting hit and the damage is so strong.

Easiest thing to do is (assuming you have it equipped on Riku) to use the Session Limit during that portion. Keeps you invincible for the duration of the attack and does some damage.

That portion of the fight is actually bugged in 2.5, and as a result makes it kind of easy to die at that part.

Eblo

Finally got Mushroom VIII out of the way, and pretty much have it in the bag now. Just have to get to Hollow Bastion for XIII.
Please share your wisdom with us. That Mushroom is the bane of 100% completion for me.

From what I can tell, the Xemnas clone only relies on that barrier attack, so I approach Sora in a bit of a parabolic path. Xemnas never manages to reach me.

It's bugged in the HD version. Normally mashing triangle he couldn't hit you but in 2.5 it doesn't register for whatever reason. Use the Session limit to dodge the hits.

If I complete
Aqua's reports
in the final episode, does that contribute to the Trinity Report or should I be using a previous save file?

Please share your wisdom with us. That Mushroom is the bane of 100% completion for me.

The most reliable method is to have Fatal Crest (or the Berserk Charge ability) equipped, have Donald equipped with the Comet Ability (as well as turning on Auto-Limit for him) and unequip any MP Hastes. Drive into Wisdom Form, and don't start the challenge until the MP bar is just under the "M" in Form on the Drive Bar. Start the challenge and continuously use Horizontal Slash. Anytime that he pops away a little further than usual, switch to a regular melee attack with X for a bit to close the distance before going back to Horizontal Slash. When the MP bar refills, the prompt for the Comet limit should come up. Use it (It doesn't add any extra hits, but it keeps the mushroom in the air) and jump up to it to continue the Horizontal Slash Assault. If it gets too far away, and you still have the MP for it (You should) keep it airborne with one more shot of Comet and continue. You should have it by that point.

If I complete
Aqua's reports
in the final episode, does that contribute to the Trinity Report or should I be using a previous save file?

You should be using Aqua's main save file for reports completion. One of the optional boss fights (The Unknown) is only fightable on Aqua's main save.

raven777

I didn't have Riku's ability equipped so I tried so many times. I actually smashed my controlled and it's kinda broken in the process...

but yea I finally beat it.

Finalow

It's bugged in the HD version. Normally mashing triangle he couldn't hit you but in 2.5 it doesn't register for whatever reason. Use the Session limit to dodge the hits.
that's how I died there 2 times, had no idea about that until I finished the game. "what the fuck is going on I don't even-" *dead*

Caladrius

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck data Xaldin fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck him!!!

Just beat Axel by reflecting+finisher+RC as people suggested and then full of confidence I go to Xaldin. He is hard as balls, damn this guy.

I think I'm going to cheese Roxas, Demyx or something to gain some confidence back, because this fucker is annoying.

I hate this boss.

Let me guess, he's teleporting on top of you?

That's a legitimate pain in the ass. Using well timed aerial dodges can actually let you avoid it altogether (and it might be the only way since Reflect doesn't last long enough to get through the attack). Jump before he teleports and just before he's on top of you, dodge. Stay in place and jump, waiting for him to teleport before dodging again. It's still very difficult since he does it like 6 times in a row and sometimes uses a followup attack (keep a close eye on him), but you won't be a complete sitting duck.

raven777

Yea beat KH2. It was one of my favorite games in PS2 and I still love it. Critical mode was fun, sometimes challenging, especially the early parts of the game. Once I progressed mid way it wasn't hard and I had no trouble except the last boss.

Time to do some grinding and try to fight secret boss. I suck at the game so I don't know how well I will do. I remember giving up on Sepiroth in PS2 version. I want to at least try to fight Lingering Will and see how I do.

How is difficulty for BBS? Is BBS critical harder than KH2?

Aru

I was under the impression that people said that KH2 Sephiroth was easier than KH1 Sephiroth. After fighting him quite a few times, I'm not sure. KH1 Sephiroth was hard for me the first time, because I was at level 80 or something but I managed to beat him after a lot of tries. In KH1FM, I beat him on Proud difficulty at level 100 on the first or second try IIRC.

I'm still level 72 in KH2FM but I can't beat him. Not really a matter of leveling, but it would certainly help make that fight easier I think.

Kinsei

Banned
I was under the impression that people said that KH2 Sephiroth was easier than KH1 Sephiroth. After fighting him quite a few times, I'm not sure. KH1 Sephiroth was hard for me the first time, because I was at level 80 or something but I managed to beat him after a lot of tries. In KH1FM, I beat him on Proud difficulty at level 100 on the first or second try IIRC.

I'm still level 72 in KH2FM but I can't beat him. Not really a matter of leveling, but it would certainly help make that fight easier I think.

Guard break his regular combo and reflect everything else that he does. KH2 Sephiroth is really easy when compared to "Mr. counters after every seventh hit" KH1FM Sephiroth.

Sephiroth is easier. You just have to play it smart and watch for his attacks. Once and awhile the camera will be placed in an awkward position and you get hit but it's manageable. I beat him at level 75 so you can do it.

Man, these Mushroom challenge are annoying. Mushroom I is the last shroom and I can't seem to get the rhythm right. Any tips?

Fj0823

Finished Ven in birth by sleep for the first time, Never played the game before.

Wow, this game is a masterpiece. So much content, grinding is actually fun...It made of feel just as good as vanilla KHII made 14 year old me feel.

Its like falling in love for the first time again.

Im amazed people actually pass on this game, Days and 3D because they "are side games and not KH3"

Now Question time. I need "The complete idiots guide to obtain the Ultimate Weapon in BbS" I dont know how to level up the arena.

Kinsei

Banned
Finished Ven in birth by sleep for the first time, Never played the game before.

Wow, this game is a masterpiece. So much content, grinding is actually fun...It made of feel just as good as vanilla KHII made 14 year old me feel.

Im amazed people actually pass on this game, Days and 3D because they "are side games and not KH3"

Those people will be in for a big shock once they play Kingdom Hearts 3.

Kinsei

Banned
That's an understatement.

I love the ridiculously complicated plot. Its the same charm MGS has.

Yep. I can only imagine their reaction if KH3 opens up with (Spoilers for both BbS and 3D)
Sora & Riku in the realm of darkness rescuing Aqua.

Eblo

Man, these Mushroom challenge are annoying. Mushroom I is the last shroom and I can't seem to get the rhythm right. Any tips?

When I figured it out, I felt like an idiot. Pay attention to the reaction command text. Don't hit triangle when it says "Reversal." Do hit triangle the instant it changes to "Quick Slide." This makes Mushroom No. 1 one of the easiest.

FSLink

Banned

Now Question time. I need "The complete idiots guide to obtain the Ultimate Weapon in BbS" I dont know how to level up the arena.
They really should have named BBS Kingdom Hearts 0. Know quite a few people who skipped it at first due to thinking it was some spinoff.

Afrocious

Yeah, Critical Mode Terra so far is fun. Way easier than KH2 on Critical. Once you get past that Wheel Master fucker, the game is a breeze.

I'm about to hit Radiant Garden. I hope the game stays this easy.

Grinding is fun except when you do it in Neverland because the stupid ship shooting bombs at you drives the framerate down to ridiculous levels.

Like I normally dont care about framerate but STUPID. Had that problem on the PSP version too lol

When I figured it out, I felt like an idiot. Pay attention to the reaction command text. Don't hit triangle when it says "Reversal." Do hit triangle the instant it changes to "Quick Slide." This makes Mushroom No. 1 one of the easiest.
For some reason, sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. Quick slide shows up but I get it wrong.

Meowster

Made it to the final boss. Going to level up some of my forms and maybe try some of the Absent Silloheutte's. Xigbar was the only challenging Organization boss of them (read: that managed to kill me) sans
Roxas
. I remember proud mode being extremely hard on BBS.. is that a little bit more manageable now that we have a Playstation controller to use?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They really should have named BBS Kingdom Hearts 0. Know quite a few people who skipped it at first due to thinking it was some spinoff.

The whole "spin-off" mindset is rather annoying. Every game is important to the overall story.
Chain of Memories introduces the Organization, Namine, DiZ, and leads directly into KHII.
358/2 Days is a companion piece to CoM. Giving character development to the Organization, setting up future events (Xigbar seeing Xion as Ventus) and explaining how Roxas could wield two Keyblades. Plus it showcased the Secret Ending scenes from the first game.
Birth by Sleep is probably the most important game in the series, more so than KHII. I do agree that it should be called "Kingdom Hearts Zero", then people would have actually played it.
Coded is probably the closest I'd call a spin-off as very little of the game matters. Even then there's still Sora's new mission of saving the Birth by Sleep trio, and the revelation that Xehanort is coming back. Plus, Dream Drop Distance has Maleficent reference what happened in this game and it seems to be a set-up for KHIII.
And of course, Dream Drop Distance is the first legit continuation from KHII. Setting up what will happen in KHIII.

Zaverious

Well that happens, especially with games that have numbered titles. When your direct sequel's title name is a phrase, on a handheld, a card game, and is essentially a summary of the first game with bits and pieces of original content, but your third game is numbered "2" on a home console with mostly original content, it creates that kind of thinking for the whole series.

Chain of Memories is still my favorite Kingdom Hearts game though.

Kain

Let me guess, he's teleporting on top of you?

That's a legitimate pain in the ass. Using well timed aerial dodges can actually let you avoid it altogether (and it might be the only way since Reflect doesn't last long enough to get through the attack). Jump before he teleports and just before he's on top of you, dodge. Stay in place and jump, waiting for him to teleport before dodging again. It's still very difficult since he does it like 6 times in a row and sometimes uses a followup attack (keep a close eye on him), but you won't be a complete sitting duck.

Yeah, the last phase, when you can't touch him and he just teleports again, and again, and again is the most bullshit thing ever.

For example, Saix has something like that too (if you just evade he won't stop attacking ever), but a well-timed block stops him on his tracks and you can pummel him, it's a matter of timing.

Xaldin is different: he just teleports, you can't get close to him, you can't get hit by anything or you'll enter the loop of pain, you can't hit him with nothing but the RC, but the RC only comes out when you block the regular attack or when you evade just at the right time and get a Learn by luck mostly. And he likes to just get close to you a lot, which hurts you of course.

From what I've seen he rarely does his normal attack, so it's a matter of gliding around until I get a Learn, Jump, combo and glide around again. When he does the DM or the dragon thing I can breath because those are easy to evade, it's the regular stuff that kills me.

I don't know, it feels like he just takes a lot of luck to kill. Any tips for that last three health bars?

Either way, I've done a couple of trys with Demyx and he feels way more easier, I got him to half health on my first attempt by just spamming Firaga and ethers in Wisdom form, I don't know if he has anything else.

Lightning

Banned
Yea beat KH2. It was one of my favorite games in PS2 and I still love it. Critical mode was fun, sometimes challenging, especially the early parts of the game. Once I progressed mid way it wasn't hard and I had no trouble except the last boss.

Time to do some grinding and try to fight secret boss. I suck at the game so I don't know how well I will do. I remember giving up on Sepiroth in PS2 version. I want to at least try to fight Lingering Will and see how I do.

How is difficulty for BBS? Is BBS critical harder than KH2?
The Data's are the true test of KH2. They are hard on critical.

And I had a much harder time on Critical with BBS than I did with KH2FM. BBS critical with Aqua was fucking bullshit, never again.

Yeah, the last phase, when you can't touch him and he just teleports again, and again, and again is the most bullshit thing ever.

For example, Saix has something like that too (if you just evade he won't stop attacking ever), but a well-timed block stops him on his tracks and you can pummel him, it's a matter of timing.

Xaldin is different: he just teleports, you can't get close to him, you can't get hit by anything or you'll enter the loop of pain, you can't hit him with nothing but the RC, but the RC only comes out when you block the regular attack or when you evade just at the right time and get a Learn by luck mostly. And he likes to just get close to you a lot, which hurts you of course.

From what I've seen he rarely does his normal attack, so it's a matter of gliding around until I get a Learn, Jump, combo and glide around again. When he does the DM or the dragon thing I can breath because those are easy to evade, it's the regular stuff that kills me.

I don't know, it feels like he just takes a lot of luck to kill. Any tips for that last three health bars?

Either way, I've done a couple of trys with Demyx and he feels way more easier, I got him to half health on my first attempt by just spamming Firaga and ethers in Wisdom form, I don't know if he has anything else.
Try watching this video, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 - Data Org Guide: http://youtu.be/3M_lcWqm8HE
It has guides from a speed runner for the data battles. He has an interesting method for Xaldin.

The whole "spin-off" mindset is rather annoying. Every game is important to the overall story.
Chain of Memories introduces the Organization, Namine, DiZ, and leads directly into KHII.
358/2 Days is a companion piece to CoM. Giving character development to the Organization, setting up future events (Xigbar seeing Xion as Ventus) and explaining how Roxas could wield two Keyblades. Plus it showcased the Secret Ending scenes from the first game.
Birth by Sleep is probably the most important game in the series, more so than KHII. I do agree that it should be called "Kingdom Hearts Zero", then people would have actually played it.
Coded is probably the closest I'd call a spin-off as very little of the game matters. Even then there's still Sora's new mission of saving the Birth by Sleep trio, and the revelation that Xehanort is coming back. Plus, Dream Drop Distance has Maleficent reference what happened in this game and it seems to be a set-up for KHIII.
And of course, Dream Drop Distance is the first legit continuation from KHII. Setting up what will happen in KHIII.

I've always kinda classified KH games in three ways.

Mainline games: KH1, KH2, Birth by Sleep

All three move the main plot forward significantly, introduce pivotal characters and have content, polish and production values roughly comparable to each other. Usually contain teasers for the next big game in the series, either by way of an unlockable movie or an optional post-game boss.

Bridge games: Chain of Memories, Dream Drop Distance

Your "in-between" games, so to speak. They're created and scripted specifically to bridge the story between two mainline entries (KH1 -> KH2 in the case of CoM, and KH2/BBS -> KH3 in 3D's case) These games usually recycle a fair amount of content while introducing a decent amount of new worlds as well as introducing characters, concepts and themes sure to be explored in the following mainline entry.

Side games: 358/2 Days, Coded

These games aren't spin-offs in a general sense (Though Coded actually does come pretty close to being a straight up spin-off), but companion pieces meant to fill in some gaps and give context to several things from the mainline games (Roxas' time in Org XIII for 358/2, and Mickey's mysterious letter from KH2 in Coded) Usually rife with foreshadowing for other games (
Xigbar seeing Ven and exploring the idea of whether or not Nobodies have hearts
for 358/2 Days, and
Yen Sid preparing for an assault from multiple Xehanorts and Data Sora growing a heart, again, foreshadowing a KH3D plot twist)
in Coded.

Afrocious

Well that happens, especially with games that have numbered titles. When your direct sequel's title name is a phrase, on a handheld, a card game, and is essentially a summary of the first game with bits and pieces of original content, but your third game is numbered "2" on a home console with mostly original content, it creates that kind of thinking for the whole series.

Chain of Memories is still my favorite Kingdom Hearts game though.

CoM is mine too. I'm talking the GBA one.

The sprite work in that game was so charming. The music too, though I'm definitely glad the OST was redone for Re:CoM.

Zaverious

CoM is mine too. I'm talking the GBA one.

The sprite work in that game was so charming. The music too, though I'm definitely glad the OST was redone for Re:CoM.

I played the GBA one for hours but I hit a wall at
Axel 2.
My brother got me Re:CoM for Christmas and I played that non stop and could actually beat the game now. I loved the card gameplay and the organization. I wish there were more games like Chain of Memories and Megaman Battle Network.

Lightning

Banned

For the last phase I just avoided him over and over again until he jumps, then quick run while mashing triangle to get reaction jumps. Reflect the last one and then use whatever jumps you got from mashing and you will do a great deal of damage to him.

I basically just kept my distance from him until he done what I wanted. He does that jump move eventually and you can use that to fill your RC. You can loop him but that's hard and requires very good timing.

MAtgS

How to beat Sephiroth: Trinity Limit -> Elixir -> Trinity Limit -> Elixir -> Trinity Limit -> you're done

Top Bottom