• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

sn00zer

You have to use the reaction commands for them too.

You have to do the last attack in a limit to get experience. Doesn't matter if the last attack hits and enemy or not I think. Easiest and fastest one to use will be Sonic Blade because it uses less MP than the rest.

You have to use the specials, check the shortcut menu when you're in Limit form(the one that usually has your spells or whatever you assign) and then use whichever of the 4 attacks Limit form gives you, then press Triangle for a while because you need to do a full special, each one of these gives you one point of xp for Limit form. You don't even have to hit anyone, but you have to be in battle mode.

Thanks all..gah why is this not explained in game

So now Xaldin just took my lunch money. Lol is there any member of Organization 13 who isn't a fucking beast?

Xaldin is actually super easy when you know how to get a million Jump commands from him. I was scared as hell because everyone says his Data Battle was difficult but he ended up being one of the easiest for me.

But you're probably talking about the regular encounter, which is pretty easy just be careful, when he attacks you you're supposed to Reflect/Block and then spam Triangle to learn a bunch of Jumps.

Finalow

ok, donut ship done properly is both op and hilarious. GG

data XIII battles kick your ass until you learn their pattern and how to properly fight them, which I'm not going to do anytime soon. I'll watch what I can from Re:coded and then I'm done.

Xaldin is actually super easy when you know how to get a million Jump commands from him. I was scared as hell because everyone says his Data Battle was difficult but he ended up being one of the easiest for me.

But you're probably talking about the regular encounter, which is pretty easy just be careful, when he attacks you you're supposed to Reflect/Block and then spam Triangle to learn a bunch of Jumps.

Xaldin is only hard if you attempt to button mash against him. Reflect + Reaction is all you need.

Yeah I got pretty close to beating him but decided to take a break from him. Learn/Jump does wonders. His range and his damage are what keeps getting me though.

Afrocious

Aqua's D link is very useful for that fight because it contains a cure. Also keep in mind that using your d link will give you full hp and using your shot lock makes you invulnerable. After the fight you'll get your first commandstyle and with it the rest of the game with Terra is a breeze. Defeated the final boss on lvl 25 or something on critical. I had trouble with one of the last boss fights but that was my own fault for not having the right abilities unlocked so the command style that battle locks you into was kept screwing me over.

Yeah, Diamond Dust walks over everything I've encountered so far after that first boss. I'm playing Critical and this is a lot easier than I remember from way back when it released on the PSP.

Bladenic

Well, guess I may (tentatively) go for KH2 plat after all. Luxord, Xaldin (wish I hadn't wasted elixirs on him but oh well), Larxene, and Roxas down. Vexen, Demyx, Axel (he's my next conquest), and Xemnas left.

Any tips for the aforementioned?

botty

Banned
Well, guess I may (tentatively) go for KH2 plat after all. Luxord, Xaldin (wish I hadn't wasted elixirs on him but oh well), Larxene, and Roxas down. Vexen, Demyx, Axel (he's my next conquest), and Xemnas left.

Any tips for the aforementioned?

Demyx Lovato - Wisdom form + firaga spam

Vexen - Final Form + Limit Form... keep items like ether/high potion
edit: Also remember that when he does his ice attacks you can reflect the damage, and when he does his enraged Icicle attack... dodge it until the attack ends.

Axel - Reflect + Limit Form. Remember that combo finishers lead to a reaction command

Xemnas - Items, Riku's limit, and prayer

I'm beginning to think I suck at this game. =P Only on the first visit to Olympus on Critical and
Mickey
has had to save my ass three times already.

Anura

Anyone else notice how KH can't seem to balance strike raid?
Just auto limit and then mash it out. It heals you, has tons of I frames, and you gain so much MP after you take a hit. Data Luxord can't do much of anything against it and it was an easy way to cheese out data Xemnas. Great for a last ditch kinda thing in any occasion.

Tirod

I put in some work today right before the New Year.

Put Lingering Will out to pasture (multiple times), finished off my Synthesis List/Collection, put Mushroom Organization XIII in its place, and I capped it off by beating Data Larxene.

Hoping to take out the rest of the data fights tomorrow.

Lightning

Banned
I'm beginning to think I suck at this game. =P Only on the first visit to Olympus on Critical and
Mickey
has had to save my ass three times already.
You don't suck. Critical is brutal at the beginning but gets much easier.

Critical for me went like:

Beginning to Disney Castle - Hard.

Port Royal to Twilight Town final visit - Easy just watch your HP.

Roxas
- Fucking hard

Rest of the main game - Similar to KH2 Proud and easy.

Cave of Remembrance, Data Battles and Lingering Will
- Very Hard.

That was pretty much how the game felt for me.

raven777

If you activate Drive Forms before you enter combat, Anti-form has 0% chance to appear. So if you are grinding them out, keep that in mind.

ok thanks for the tip. I was keeping going into drive during battle...

Also, if I remember correctly I unlock final form by keeping using Master form and it randomly appears, is this correct? If so, can I do this when I am out of battle or there is 0 chance of final form appearing when I am not in combat like anti-form?

Also, if I remember correctly I unlock final form by keeping using Master form and it randomly appears, is this correct? If so, can I do this when I am out of battle or there is 0 chance of final form appearing when I am not in combat like anti-form?

Equip the keyblade you get from the Roxas boss battle(you can't go Final Form before fighting him), then go to The Colosseum and enter the Cerberus Cup, then try to go Master Form(you can only go Anti form or Final form thanks to the keyblade), if you didn't get Final form, press start and retry, repeat several times till you get Final Form.

raven777

Equip the keyblade you get from the Roxas boss battle(you can't go Final Form before fighting him), then go to The Colosseum and enter the Cerberus Cup, then try to go Master Form(you can only go Anti form or Final form thanks to the keyblade), if you didn't get Final form, press start and retry, repeat several times till you get Final Form.

When do I fight Roxas? Is this the new boss battle added for FM or is there a story battle?

I haven't reached TWTNW yet

Lightning

Banned

After beating Roxas, don't go straight into the castle. Where everyone is walking around just before entering the castle you can drive just outside endlessly until you get Final form. If you get anti Sora, just enter the room you were walking around and you will get all your drives back. It's the room straight after the Roxas battle. You will get Final form within a minute doing this.

Use the keyblade you get from Roxas to do this.

Caladrius

After beating Roxas, don't go straight into the castle. Where everyone is walking around just before entering the castle you can drive just outside endlessly until you get Final form. If you get anti Sora, just enter the room you were walking around and you will get all your drives back. It's the room straight after the Roxas battle. You will get Final form within a minute doing this.

Use the keyblade you get from Roxas to do this.

Two Become One's ability doesn't activate unless you're in battle, so you have to return to Memory's Skyscraper to try and activate it (and as Lightning said, go back to the hotspot if you end up going into Anti-form). Also Final Form can be acquired by trying to go into any form.

Lightning

Banned
beat Roxas in my second try. Limit form saved my ass.
I'm so jealous when others beat him so easily because for me he was the hardest main storyline boss of the game. Such a massive pain in the ass to beat for me.

On my first play through he must have beat me close to 25 times...

I'm so jealous when others beat him so easily because for me he was the hardest main storyline boss of the game. Such a massive pain in the ass to beat for me.

On my first play through he must have beat me close to 25 times...

When i was going to fight him for the first time, i was like "pssh i learned all the strats for him, it'll be REAL easy" then he just kept using his DM because i was button mashing like a nub.

Actually I have no idea what he says. Just always assumed it was that since he's pretty wacky.

just had a look on his quotes on the wiki and it says "R for reload" either way i always enjoy the organisation fights because of there dialogue "Dance water Dance!"

Here a little taxi cab confession for all of you. It's no secret I thoroughly enjoy KH and have played the crap out of both collections but back when KH2 came out i completed everything in Jimminy journal but never got around to finishing the game. See back then my son was born and I just never had much free time, so video games took a back seat for a long time. Well I finally finished it the other day and man that last boss was a long battle. The blocking section at the end was a bit tedious. Overall I really enjoyed it.

Yeah I just can't beat Xaldin. I tried doing the reflect+Reaction thing, but I can't do both at the same time, I either reflect his move but miss the chance to learn it, or I learn it but still end up getting hit by him. Any other tips for fighting him?

Yeah I just can't beat Xaldin. I tried doing the reflect+Reaction thing, but I can't do both at the same time, I either reflect his move but miss the chance to learn it, or I learn it but still end up getting hit by him. Any other tips for fighting him?

Guarding his attacks is a bit more beneficial than using reflect, since a successful guard gives you more time to learn a few Jumps as opposed to a Reflect spell, where the knockback from that will usually get him out of his stun a little quicker.

It's a bit tricky to learn how to time said guards, though. Best advice I can give is to stay close and pay attention to the spears, not him. When you see the spears rear back, he's most likely going to try to poke you with 'em. Time your guard accordingly.

Guarding his attacks is a bit more beneficial than using reflect, since a successful guard gives you more time to learn a few Jumps as opposed to a Reflect spell, where the knockback from that will usually get him out of his stun a little quicker.

It's a bit tricky to learn how to time said guards, though. Best advice I can give is to stay close and pay attention to the spears, not him. When you see the spears rear back, he's most likely going to try to poke you with 'em. Time your guard accordingly.

Wow thanks, guard does work much better than reflect. I need to work on my timing though, I got Mickey to show up 8 times and I still got my ass kicked.

You need a little brother who doesn't play games to finish it for you.

lol

Top Bottom