• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

BBS is definitely a mainline story and those that skip it will be in trouble when KH3 comes out. BBS should never get looked over. Hopefully I will get time this weekend to start BBS.

Did you beat him at the Port with the medallions, not the Ship? You should get it after beating him at the port.

Yes I fought him at the port when you have the put the medallions back in the chest. I checked my magic and it's still says Magnet and I tried to do Atlantica Chapter 4 and it won't let me.

Kinsei

Banned
Yes I fought him when you have the put the medallions back in the chest. I check my magic and it's still says Magnet and I tried to do Atlantica Chapter 4 and it won't let me.

That's odd. Just to make sure, you did do the first visit to Halloween Town, right? All I can think of is that it's possible to skip by doing Pride Lands after Agrabah.

Just had the dumbest death during the Jafar fight, got him down to a sliver of health and kept bashing him but he didn't die for some reason. Probably have to kill him with the reaction command. Fight is super easy but still pretty annoyed that I have to do it again.

iosefe

Just had the dumbest death during the Jafar fight, got him down to a sliver of health and kept bashing him but he didn't die for some reason. Probably have to kill him with the reaction command. Fight is super easy but still pretty annoyed that I have to do it again.

with a combo finisher, or magic. weird feature, i know

desmax

So... How do I deal with (KH II)
Xemnas Last Form?

He throws me in the air, and I'm supposed to use reversal at certain moments, but sometimes it doesn't appear, which screw me up badly. I feel like I'm missing something

So... How do I deal with (KH II)
Xemnas Last Form?

He throws me in the air, and I'm supposed to use reversal at certain moments, but sometimes it doesn't appear, which screw me up badly. I feel like I'm missing something

Use the Session Limit with Riku. That fight is bugged in the HD release, and the Reversal command doesn't show up when it should sometimes. The invincibility from the limit should carry you through the attack.

Kain

Try watching this video, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 - Data Org Guide: http://youtu.be/3M_lcWqm8HE
It has guides from a speed runner for the data battles. He has an interesting method for Xaldin.

That was very helpful, thanks!

This guy gives a lot of useful tips, I was looking for something against Roxas too, he is brutal. I think the hardest are Xaldin and Roxas, the rest have a lot of very exploitable weaknesses.

That was very helpful, thanks!

This guy gives a lot of useful tips, I was looking for something against Roxas too, he is brutal. I think the hardest are Xaldin and Roxas, the rest have a lot of very exploitable weaknesses.
No problem. I just tried taking on some of them at level 82 and I got thrashed lol. I'm going to get to level 99 and use his methods.

Fj0823

BBS is definitely a mainline story and those that skip it will be in trouble when KH3 comes out. BBS should never get looked over. Hopefully I will get time this weekend to start BBS.

People that treat the game as just a spin off usually claim that anything not from the numbered titles is not that important and will be explained in KH3 via datalogs, like in Final Fantasy 13

Where's the fun in that? reading a summary about a chick named Aqua is not the same as actually experiencing how her life went to Hell.

desmax

Use the Session Limit with Riku. That fight is bugged in the HD release, and the Reversal command doesn't show up when it should sometimes. The invincibility from the limit should carry you through the attack.

Man, that's one thing they shoudn't mess with.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I managed to beat him. Now I'll enjoy the ending.

Zaverious

Does L2 or R2 do anything?

In Kingdom Hearts II, when you lock-on a target, hold R2 and use the right stick to change targets. It isn't very useful

Edit: Holding L2 let's you use the right stick for the command menu or the right stick for the camera if you set it up that way in Config.

Everything in KH2 was easy for me except LW, even if I ended up winning it took me a while, it's not impossible but I had to become a master of guarding and dodging for that fight.

Or you can do the Fenrir + negative combo thing and win easily.

Regarding the story of KH, you need to at least play KH2 and BBS to understand wtf is happening, missing any of them is silly.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I felt like watching the Jump Festa trailer for BbS and it's still one of the best cut trailers to this day for a JRPG. It's so good.

Armaly

Launched up Kingdom Hearts 2 and i'm at
hollow bastion.
Is it just me or is Donald's voice louder than anything else? The music pales in comparison to his "I'll get it!" and "HA!". It's weird.

Tirod

I know some people in this thread were waiting for DSP to come across AS Larxene, so here you go. Starts at 2:00 in the video.

His reaction is underwhelming. Only 7:47 is really great :lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"I can't tell if it's a chick or a dude" Then maybe you should have played Re:Chain of Memories instead of skimming through a synopsis you dumbass.

Kinsei

Banned
"I can't tell if it's a chick or a dude" Then maybe you should have played Re:Chain of Memories instead of skimming through a synopsis you dumbass.

I don't think he even did that. From the way he was talking it sounds like he just scrolled through stopping on random sentences so he could throw out some names to sound like he kinda knew what he was talking about.

Weiss

Banned
Is that the 7 minute trailer that spoils the entire game?

The guy's a sneering bald man dressed like Ansem from KH1. His name is Xehanort. Does this sound like a remotely heroic individual?

BBS doesn't pretend even for a second that Xehanort's on the up and up.

Tirod

I got the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes today. What order should these games be played in?

Release order.

KH --> Chain of Memories --> KHII --> 358/2 Days --> Re:Coded --> Birth by Sleep

Some people recommend you go through 358/2 Days to round out your 1.5 collection as it adds to the impact of the intro of II, but I'm a stickler for release order.

BatDan

I don't think he even did that. From the way he was talking it sounds like he just scrolled through stopping on random sentences so he could throw out some names to sound like he kinda knew what he was talking about.

Not like it would have mattered. He's unable to pay attention to the story. I'm still reminded of MGS3 when there was a cutscene with EVA telling him what to do, but he was too busy making disgusting perverted remarks to notice. Plus (MGS3 spoilers)
when The Boss died, he didn't care as he believed she shows up in MGS4. Even though that was an older EVA, not The Boss. Yeah...

Weiss

Banned
I got the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes today. What order should these games be played in?

For me: Kingdom Hearts => Chain of Memories => 358/2 Days => Kingdom Hearts 2 => Birth By Sleep => Re:Coded

If Chain of Memories bores you, just look up some spoilers, as it sets up plot points that are followed in Kingdom Hearts 2 and it's largely about retreading the ground from Kingdom Hearts 1 with an interesting but often frustrating battle system. Some people like to put the 358 cutscene compilation off until they've beaten Kingdom Hearts 2, but I found that a lot of scenes lack emotional impact if you haven't watched the cutscenes. After that, move on to Kingdom Hearts 2, and then Birth By Sleep, which is a prequel to the whole series and acts under the assumption you understand the call forwards that happen liberally through the story. Re:Coded is another cutscene compilation and can be skipped if you're uninterested. Its only real significance is setting up a few plot points for Dream Drop Distance on 3DS and Kingdom Hearts 3.

BatDan

Thank U, I've been waiting for one of those :p

Just a word of warning, this is a normal video, not a montage.
He's only up to Halloween Town 1 (skipped Agrabah) so he's still a long way from beating the game. Thus the montage will likely take a while.

Can't seem to beat Cerberus within the allotted time in the Tournament. Always get so close but then time runs out. Also I know that you can't gain normal EXP during tournaments but can you get exp for your drives though?

Kinsei

Banned
Can't seem to beat Cerberus within the allotted time in the Tournament. Always get so close but then time runs out. Also I know that you can't gain normal EXP during tournaments but can you get exp for your drives though?

Ragnorok and Ars Arcanum (Limit form limits) make short work of Cerberus.

raven777

The Data's are the true test of KH2. They are hard on critical.

And I had a much harder time on Critical with BBS than I did with KH2FM. BBS critical with Aqua was fucking bullshit, never again.

Ok I will try to play Proud for BBS.

Any good way to grind level for KH2? (not form level) I think my level is around 55~ish at the moment.

Guys is KH2 frustating on critical? I played through the game on proud on PS2 multiple times and didn't struggle too much.

For comparison, I would call KH1 frustrating on proud.

BatDan

Ok I will try to play Proud for BBS.

Any good way to grind level for KH2? (not form level) I think my level is around 55~ish at the moment.

Equip Gull Wing Keyblade and Experience Boost Ability
Go to The World That Never Was
Keep getting hit until you're at 50% or lower.
Kill Nobodies.
You'd be surprised at how fast it goes. It also helps to do Synthesis Hunting while you're grinding.

sappyday

Guys is KH2 frustating on critical? I played through the game on proud on PS2 multiple times and didn't struggle too much.

It's the only way to play it and most here will tell you the same. All the flashiness and combo moves are justified.

I'm playing it right now on critical and, honestly, it isn't frustrating, it just requires more patience. If you play how I used to on the PS2 version, (just mashing x) you'd get killed quick. But if you take your time and see enemy patterns and learn how to parry/block and use your magic; basically more of your arsenal, you'd be fine. At this point it just seems like the enemies hit harder and you just have to be aware. Although, I still haven't those fights were people have been saying it gets really difficult so I just may be spewing nonsense.

Woot! Kingdom Hearts II Platinum is mine!

I enjoyed platting this game. Its always sad once its over though. I've been dying to replay this game for years now (held off when 1.5 was announced in September 2012), and now its finally over and 100% completed. Now it'll probably be years before I do another full playthrough like this again ;_;

I think that all and all I enjoyed the KH1FM Platinum a little more, maybe just because I like that game more (lack of trophy stacking was still horrible in that game), but KH2FM is still excellent and among my favorites. Plus, Critical Mode KH2FM just isn't hard for me at all anymore after my level 1 run a few years ago.

Time to move onto Birth by Sleep! Then afterwards, if I'm not burned out of KH, I want to do another KH2FM Level 1 Critical playthrough. I did one when I imported the game in 2009 or so, and had an absolute blast. I'd like to do one again and see how far I've come.

Bladenic

First time in 2 FM getting fucked by Anti Form. Data Xigbar battle. Had Limit form set to Triangle and when trying to do the reaction command, activated Limit instead. Got fucked. Ugh. He was like 3 bars of health left too.

What's the best setup for Xigbar to avoid his DM aka how do I get the most Horizontal Slashes

BatDan

*starts Aqua's story (Proud)*
*notices she's a Squishy Wizard*
*encounters first boss*
*dies quickly*
... Well then. This is going to be an adventure.

Top Bottom