• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Aru

Question regarding Ansem and Xemnas:
Why can't/don't they use a Keyblade since their human form is a Keyblade master? If Sora's Nobody can use a (and even two) Keyblade, surely Xehanort's Nobody and Heartless could use one. Unless Xehanort forgot how to use one when he lost his memory?

Hollycat

Why can't/don't they use a Keyblade since their human form is a Keyblade master? If Sora's Nobody can use a (and even two) Keyblade, surely Xehanort's Nobody and Heartless could use one. Unless Xehanort forgot how to use one when he lost his memory?

I don't think the answer for this question has been stated yet, but for Ansem I would guess Heartless can't wield a keyblade since the keyblade is the only thing that can destroy them. The only excuse I can think of for xemnas is that his lightsabers were a keyblade.

Or it's possible they just don't want to. Old Xeanhort is more about magic than physical attacks, and so is Ansem.

Aru

I don't think the answer for this question has been stated yet, but for Ansem I would guess Heartless can't wield a keyblade since the keyblade is the only thing that can destroy them. The only excuse I can think of for xemnas is that his lightsabers were a keyblade.

Or it's possible they just don't want to. Old Xeanhort is more about magic than physical attacks, and so is Ansem.

Not exactly true. The Keyblade isn't the only weapon that can destroy Heartless, or else Donald, Goofy and the others couldn't destroy them. The Keyblade has the power to extract the hearts collected by the Heartless, but any other weapon can kill them.

Ansem forefit the ability to use a keyblade when he became a heartless.

On the other hand, while it hasn't been completely explained, it's been hinted in supplemental interviews and such that Xemnas may have actually been able to wield a keyblade, but chose not to for whatever reason.

Hollycat

Not exactly true. The Keyblade isn't the only weapon that can destroy Heartless, or else Donald, Goofy and the others couldn't destroy them. The Keyblade has the power to extract the hearts collected by the Heartless, but any other weapon can kill them.

In the first game Leon says that only the keyblade can return a heartless to its original form. They just reform if they are destroyed by another way. In 358, OXIII explains the same thing to Roxas.

lalin90

Neo Member
What's a good deck to make Aqua fun to play as? She's really boring since all I do is cartwheel and occasionally press triangle to shoot something.
My current deck is:
triple blizzaga
triple blizzaga
thundaga shot
thundaga shot
thunder surge
seeker mine
seeker mine
curaga

botty

Banned
so... is guarding pointless in birth by sleep? I'm playing on critical for the first time and it seems pointless.

edit: oh it's not pointless it's just shit compared to KH2.

Weiss

Banned
I fucking hate those nobody with giant sword/hammer thing. They keep killing me.

There's kind of a puzzle to them. Once they drop their sword, you have to use the reaction command to deal massive damage, and you can keep doing this until they're dead if you're quick enough.

botty

Banned
I'm really finding KH BbS hard to enjoy. I guess playing on critical has something to do with it, but the game just doesn't have the replayablility of Kingdom Hearts 2. Maybe I need to come back to the game later because going from KH2 (which has such a perfect combat system) to Birth By Sleep's new system is a bit jarring.

raven777

Use Magnet and/or Thunder on them.

yea magnet certainly helped.. Still it's annoying when they are invincible when the start hammering like berserk.

There's kind of a puzzle to them. Once they drop their sword, you have to use the reaction command to deal massive damage, and you can keep doing this until they're dead if you're quick enough.

Yea the problem was trying to make them drop the sword. When I hit them, they turn front and they become invincible before they drop the sword which was annoying.

Kinsei

Banned
yea magnet certainly helped.. Still it's annoying when they are invincible when the start hammering like berserk.

Yea the problem was trying to make them drop the sword. When I hit them, they turn front and they become invincible before they drop the sword which was annoying.

They're not invincible when they're hammering like that. They shrink making them hard to hit with anything but thunder, but they can still be hit.

They're not invincible when they're hammering like that. They shrink making them hard to hit with anything but thunder, but they can still be hit.

They shrink? holy shit I didn't know that.

Magnet/Thundaraga was always the way I easily dealt with them, even if grabbing the sword is fun.

I think it's too late for me to try myself but what happens if you try to land in "The World that Never Was" before going back to Twilight Town?

Xigbar is the easiest of the Data Battles, when he starts shooting red bullets just Reflect like a madman, after 2-3 rounds of reflecting his bullets he will be in a weak state which let's you attack him, go aerial and do Horizontal Slash(that skill that is done with square in the air) all you can and don't even use a Finisher, for some reason that makes him not change the stage much or at least he didn't with me, when he goes into FPS mode just move around and mash triangle.

If he changes the stage into the small one in which he's shooting like crazy just go into Limit form and do some of the long animations, or actually learn where to move(You have to glide around to avoid his crap and then dodge for the other one, kinda difficult to explain).

Xigbar is the easiest of the Data Battles, when he starts shooting red bullets just Reflect like a madman, after 2-3 rounds of reflecting his bullets he will be in a weak state which let's you attack him, go aerial and do Horizontal Slash(that skill that is done with square in the air) all you can and don't even use a Finisher, for some reason that makes him not change the stage much or at least he didn't with me, when he goes into FPS mode just move around and mash triangle.

If he changes the stage into the small one in which he's shooting like crazy just go into Limit form and do some of the long animations, or actually learn where to move(You have to glide around to avoid his crap and then dodge for the other one, kinda difficult to explain).

He is pretty easy but I brought Ether's to the fight and used Donald's Flare Force limit a lot. Just got Xenmas left now

Weiss

Banned
Ansem forefit the ability to use a keyblade when he became a heartless.

On the other hand, while it hasn't been completely explained, it's been hinted in supplemental interviews and such that Xemnas may have actually been able to wield a keyblade, but chose not to for whatever reason.

That can't be right, can it? Sora becomes a Human Type Heartless at Hollow Bastion after he turns back. It's only after he merges back with Roxas that he's complete.

Xemnas even says Sora is incomplete during the secret fight in KH1.

That can't be right, can it? Sora becomes a Human Type Heartless at Hollow Bastion after he turns back. It's only after he merges back with Roxas that he's complete.

Xemnas even says Sora is incomplete during the secret fight in KH1.

Sora isn't actually a "heartless" though when he's human. DiZ talks about it in the Secret Ansem Reports.

He is pretty easy but I brought Ether's to the fight and used Donald's Flare Force limit a lot. Just got Xenmas left now

Xenmas first phase is a complete joke, Guard all his crap or just spam Limit form, also remember that his RC has 3 phases and the last one leaves him with no HP.

2nd phase is easy too, just use Quick Run whenever he's spamming the huge energy balls attack, when you're near enough Reflect them and you get a full combo, then he'll probably try to grab you or do some crap that you just have to roll dodge, then combo again.

But you probably already know this anyways, haha.

So I'am doing the Titan cup right now, but I keep failing and I have no idea why. I'd get hit but i'd still have like 90% of my health but I still lose, I don't think I'm being one shotted since I have both One more and Damage Control on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I'am doing the Titan cup right now, but I keep failing and I have no idea why. I'd get hit but i'd still have like 90% of my health but I still lose, I don't think I'm being one shotted since I have both One more and Damage Control on.

There's a new "Key Points Gauge" that goes down whenever you're hit.
Titan Cup is a combination of using summons and avoiding everything

Balphon

Mushroom 8 was cake compared to 1. No clue what I'm doing. Using Final Form, most hits I've gotten is 21 lmao

This is my last one before I'm done too.

You have to actually time the reaction command to make it vulnerable; spamming it will not work.

You also only get 9 hits before it goes invulnerable again, so Negative Combo/Fenrir + Wisdom form is ideal.

Okay,I'm three levels away from 99 and all I have left are the data battles and Lingering Will. Right now I'm synthesizing to complete t all items. How do I get the Magic boost to show up?

Okay,I'm three levels away from 99 and all I have left are the data battles and Lingering Will. Right now I'm synthesizing to complete them all. How do I get the Magic boost to show up?

Magic Boost: 1 Mythril Gem
2 Power Crystals
2 Dark Crystals
2 Frost Crystals
1 Serenity Crystal

It's just the AP Boost with a Serenity Crystal.

Xenmas first phase is a complete joke, Guard all his crap or just spam Limit form, also remember that his RC has 3 phases and the last one leaves him with no HP.

2nd phase is easy too, just use Quick Run whenever he's spamming the huge energy balls attack, when you're near enough Reflect them and you get a full combo, then he'll probably try to grab you or do some crap that you just have to roll dodge, then combo again.

I beat him on the first try but I wish I would of read the reflect when close before fighting the second form though that would of made it a lot faster.

Soriku

Mushroom 8 was cake compared to 1. No clue what I'm doing. Using Final Form, most hits I've gotten is 21 lmao

This is my last one before I'm done too.

Use Wisdom Form. All you have to do is press triangle until it stops moving (and you're behind it) then spam the shot attack till you get in 9 hits (after that the Mushroom breaks away). Then start again.

It'll take you several times probably. Even if you're really good, you'll end up having to do the last couple hits within 2 seconds or something. I got up to 69 twice and you need 70. I managed it eventually though.

Against Shroom 1 you just need to get a right Rhythm and hit the second Reaction command, I used Final Form for that one and had an easy time(I think I had Negative Combo Equipped and Fenrir)

Jesus Christ
Roxas'
damage output is ridiculous.

Learn the guard or/and spam Limit Form, the fight.

Bladenic

Wait a second... In all my plays of this game, I've never seen anything happen during the Xemnas building RC except him dodging sora and falling back down. Wtf there's more?

Kinsei

Banned
Wait a second... In all my plays of this game, I've never seen anything happen during the Xemnas building RC except him dodging sora and falling back down. Wtf there's more?

Pay attention to the reaction command box above the menu. There are 3 different reaction commands that you can do depending on when you hit triangle during that part.

Balphon

If it's the one where they're falling past each other, you have to wait until they are closer. If you do it early nothing will happen.

It's a little cheap, since the rest of the game largely conditions you to use reaction commands as soon as they appear.

There are 3 RC during that sequence, just pay attention and you'll see, the 3rd one gets him to no HP, I mention it because I'm sure a lot don't even know about it. The battle is easy so no one cares, haha.

sn00zer

Jesus Christ
Roxas'
damage output is ridiculous.

I am stuck here as well...not looking for help atm, but HOLY SHIT....up to this point the game has been fairly easy. I thought i was actually over leveled going into the fight as I had already completed all the Disney worlds a second time.

Roxas is one of my favorite boss fights of all time already, I want to load my save file right now just to fight Data Roxas again. Everything about it is perfect.

sn00zer

Roxas is one of my favorite boss fights of all time already, I want to load my save file right now just to fight Data Roxas again. Everything about it is perfect.

One thing I dont like about the fight, is that its not a dual fight. He doesnt use moves he's used in the past, and a ridiculous stand in a circle throw balls at you attack. Wish it was an actual giht instead of a by the numbers organization battle

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
One thing I dont like about the fight, is that its not a dual fight. He doesnt use moves he's used in the past, and a ridiculous stand in a circle throw balls at you attack. Wish it was an actual giht instead of a by the numbers organization battle

Use reflect. Use glide when he does that projectile move. Done and done.

Bladenic

Why not? He uses his lasers even if you don;t take them in that fight.

Not to the same degree, at least not until later. OT course I did it and still beat him so it's not a big deal actually.

Speaking of Roxas, for that scene after the duel, did they record those lines for this release? Cuz both Roxas and Axel sound noticeably different

Top Bottom