• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Lol so I just beat Luxord and I have no idea how. Seriously I don't know wtf was going on in that fight, but I managed to beat him without dying so I'm not complaining.

Lightning

Banned
You did it purely for cosmetic reasons?

o________________________o
I did it because I had the materials. Only farmed Serenity Crystals to complete them. I got plenty of Lightning Crystals from Devastors trying to get Elixers, Blazing Crystals from Crismon Jazz who are literally everywhere and same with Neoshadows for Lucid Crystals. Seriously those items are so easy to get, same with the Twilight/Dense crystal and gems. They can be farmed in bulk with 9 Lucky Rings.

I did it because I had the materials. Only farmed Serenity Crystals to complete them. I got plenty of Lightning Crystals from Devastors trying to get Elixers, Blazing Crystals from Crismon Jazz who are literally everywhere and same with Neoshadows for Lucid Crystals. Seriously those items are so easy to get, same with the Twilight/Dense crystal and gems. They can be farmed in bulk with 9 Lucky Rings.

I feel like the best bet would be to get Sora's base stats up to 82 (outside of Defense, since no matter what you're doing the most base defense you're going to need is 70, since the best armors for elemental resistance and/or Thunder Boost are all gonna have 3 Def each anyway), but then start in on boosting Donald, Goofy, and Riku instead.

Lightning

Banned
I feel like the best bet would be to get Sora's base stats up to 82 (outside of Defense, since no matter what you're doing the most base defense you're going to need is 70, since the best armors for elemental resistance and/or Thunder Boost are all gonna have 3 Def each anyway), but then start in on boosting Donald, Goofy, and Riku instead.
My stats included my Armor/Acc/Weapon boosts,

My Armor was Ribbon x3 and Highest Ribbon.

Acc - 4x Shade Archive+

Weapon varied depending on who I was fighting.

And yeah thinking back I should have spread the boosts around a bit more but yeah didn't bother with anyone aside from Sora. I did give Riku Megalixers though during the Xemnas final data battle. That way we both get healed and our MP back and Riku can use his MP to heal me when Xemnas enviably owned me while I saved my MP for quick use of Session. Not once do I dare cast curaga in the Xemnas final data battle.

Lightning

Banned
Ahh, gotcha. (I tend to prefer MP Haste over MP Rage myself.)
I always tried to avoid charging my MP as I always wanted use of reflect. With MP rage every time I was hit it would recharge my MP for more reflect use. Every time I used all my MP I would use an Elixer to get my MP back.

Extremely cheap but those data battles on critical are no joke. 2 or 3 hits equal dead in most cases.

Quick question, I'm on the 4th Xenmas fight where he's on the throne and he shoots you into space, so uh how do you get back? The game said to fly towards the buildings and use the reaction command but all that happens when I fly towards them is me getting hit.

Quick question, I'm on the 4th Xenmas fight where he's on the throne and he shoots you into space, so uh how do you get back? The game said to fly towards the buildings and use the reaction command but all that happens when I fly towards them is me getting hit.

Use Glide. You can jump indefinitely. Also, dodge the moving buildings. The stationary ones have a reaction command.

Lightning

Banned
Fly towards the buildings that aren't moving while using circle to avoid the buildings spiraling towards you. You will get a reaction command that will take you the rest of the way.

Remember to target the slow moving buildings, not the fast ones. They are almost stationery.

Lightning

Banned
Making 9 lucky rings sounds like the most useless and needlessly time wasting thing you can do in this game
It is unbelievably quick. You only need bright materials which you gather plenty anyway, Manifest Illusion and you get 5 free ones and easy to synth. Tranquil materials from mushrooms.

I made 9 Lucky Rings in around 30 minutes. Hardest material is Bright Gem. Pain in the ass that item.

With them you can stat grind extremely quickly. Basically everything drops at least 1 material 80-90% of the time.

So, I got all the forms, but my form levels just go as high as 7.

How do I unlock the rest?

That's the highest level.

Getting Valor form unlocks form level 3, getting Wisdom form unlocks form level 4, getting Limit form unlocks form level 5, getting Master form unlocks form level 6, and getting Final form unlocks form level 7.

Even on Final Mix? I read somewhere that it goes as high as 9 in this version

Your drive bar goes up to 9 in this version, because you get an extra +1 from beating Marluxia's Absent Silhouette and an extra +1 from beating the Lingering Will.

Form levels, though, still max out at 7.

desmax

Your drive bar goes up to 9 in this version, because you get an extra +1 from beating Marluxia's Absent Silhouette and an extra +1 from beating the Lingering Will.

Form levels, though, still max out at 7.

I see... Well, that does make my life easier.

Thanks!

Tirod

Man it feels bittersweet to be done with KHIIFM, especially since I've longed for an official localization for what feels like forever.
Jimytie.jpg

And just for fun, I ran through the ending again to get some stats. 69:39 was the final file time. Screw S-Ranking all Gummi Missions.

Already started a Critical run for Terra in Birth by Sleep, currently at Disney Town. Gonna pause it there though and get the Platinum for Kingdom Hearts first. All I have to do is finish the game on Standard difficulty, and I've got that run from a year ago stalled at Halloween Town.

Now that I've got the goodness of KHIIFM in my system, going back is going to be a bummer. :(

Tirod

What's everyone's favorite or most useful form in the game?

Final Form for me.

With Final Mix in the running, I have to say it's definitely Limit Form.

Love the callback to the original Kingdom Hearts with the coloring, Sora's top tier abilities, and introducing Dodge Roll as a Growth ability.

It's too good to not be the best.

Anura

Love the callback to the original Kingdom Hearts with the coloring, Sora's top tier abilities, and introducing Dodge Roll as a Growth ability.

Going to second this. Strike raid is stupidly good once again.

Lightning

Banned

Nah. My main issue with Limit Form is the lack of magic while using it. It would be top tier for me if I could use reflect and curaga while in the form but I can't. That's a major draw back for me and the magic and power boost Final Form provides is just amazing.

There's no question about it, Limit Form is broken.
Against certain bosses (Axel/Roxas/Xemnas first form) yes. Biggest advantage of being able to enter it at anytime.

Bladenic

Limit Form for me too. I always loved Wisdom form but it was the most useless in vanilla, here it got its chance to really shine (practically necessary for some stuff like Demyx and wow is it fun watching his health COLLAPSE to the Firaga spam).

Final Form is amazing of course but I always kinda disliked the floatiness of it. Never was a huge Master Form fan due to the slowness of that one finisher. Valor is cool because dual wielding and stuff.

But all the forms are cool in their own way, I love the magic effects of Final and Master forms.

Soriku

Final Form and Limit Form are the GOAT. Final for raw power and comboing, Limit for survival, spam capability, and pretty good power besides. Edit: Also no party members necessary. I wish Limit Form could've had air jump or gliding, but I guess they have to make the other forms unique.

Lightning

Banned
Limit Form for me too. I always loved Wisdom form but it was the most useless in vanilla, here it got its chance to really shine (practically necessary for some stuff like Demyx and wow is it fun watching his health COLLAPSE to the Firaga spam).

Final Form is amazing of course but I always kinda disliked the floatiness of it. Never was a huge Master Form fan due to the slowness of that one finisher. Valor is cool because dual wielding and stuff.

But all the forms are cool in their own way, I love the magic effects of Final and Master forms.
My main take on the forms.

Valor - Useful until you complete Beasts Castle then never used it anymore. Looks badass but lack of magic a HUGE drawback. You can die easily in this form.

Wisdom - Defensive form. Doesn't deal much damage but keeps you out of harms way. Useful? Not really I never used it.

Master - My main problem with Master form is that the best attacks are at the end of the combos and they take too long to get there. Losing 2 members is not worth the damage output.

Limit - This mode is awesome in certain conditions. Lack of magic again hurts it for me though but against certain bosses? This destroys.

Final - Amazing damage while being very agile. Only downside is you need 2 party members alive to enter this mode which means you can't always enter this mode but pure damage is unbelievable. You can destroy Vexen, Xigbar etc with this mode, It's so damaging and still grants access to reflect/magenga etc as well. Amazing form.

I feel like Master ends up getting outclassed by nearly everything else. Final Form does a much better job of "all of the advantages, none of the drawbacks" whereas Master only really did well in vanilla-KH2's easy difficulty level, when the Disaster finisher did a great job of instantly mobbing up entire crowds of enemies. It should've gotten significantly buffed up for FM+ but didn't.

Tirod

Nah. My main issue with Limit Form is the lack of magic while using it. It would be top tier for me if I could use reflect and curaga while in the form but I can't. That's a major draw back for me and the magic and power boost Final Form provides is just amazing.

See I feel as though we simply use our forms differently. While on the way to Platinum, I did use Final the most for reasons you've listed. Magnega and Thundaga are grossly powerful near endgame and level cap.

But in actual boss battles/tournaments/oh shit buttons, Limit Form is the way to go for me. You get the HP/MP refill when you pop into it (as you do with the other forms) but the multi-hit potential of each of your shortcuts in Limit Form is what makes it so great, as you are not only doing damage but healing as well. There's no need for Cure when I can do damage and heal at the same time. You don't even need to let your MP gauge run out this way either, just pop Ethers as needed.

Final is cool and powerful, but as a general fallback, Limit Form is simply the best all around and covers more situations.

Man it feels bittersweet to be done with KHIIFM, especially since I've longed for an official localization for what feels like forever.

And just for fun, I ran through the ending again to get some stats. 69:39 was the final file time. Screw S-Ranking all Gummi Missions.

Already started a Critical run for Terra in Birth by Sleep, currently at Disney Town. Gonna pause it there though and get the Platinum for Kingdom Hearts first. All I have to do is finish the game on Standard difficulty, and I've got that run from a year ago stalled at Halloween Town.

Now that I've got the goodness of KHIIFM in my system, going back is going to be a bummer. :(
Damn seeing that platinum is encouraging and discouraging at the same time. On one hand, I'm kinda close to it, but I keep getting my butt kicked in the data battles. So far I defeated Xaldin, Xigbar, Vexen (screw his battle), and Saiix. For some reason Axel and Zexion keep beating me :

Bladenic

Damn seeing that platinum is encouraging and discouraging at the same time. On one hand, I'm kinda close to it, but I keep getting my butt kicked in the data battles. So far I defeated Xaldin, Xigbar, Vexen (screw his battle), and Saiix. For some reason Axel and Zexion keep beating me :

I have no tips for Zexion cuz he was like the first one I beat and had no issues. As for Axel, I honestly had so much trouble with him until the battle in which I beat him where it was cake.

Basically, Reflect everything, do a combo finisher, do the RC, and have Limit mapped to triangle if health is low and you're getting wailed. Sonic Rave spam too GOD.

Afrocious

Wisdom form was my go to form most of the time in KH2FM. I never used it back in vanilla, but you can cheese the hell out of so many encounters with it.

Aqua is so fucking weak man. I can't even beat a round in Olympus Coliseum because she does 1 hp of damage.

lrn2magic

I have no tips for Zexion cuz he was like the first one I beat and had no issues. As for Axel, I honestly had so much trouble with him until the battle in which I beat him where it was cake.

Basically, Reflect everything, do a combo finisher, do the RC, and have Limit mapped to triangle if health is low and you're getting wailed. Sonic Rave spam too GOD.
Worse part of the Zexion battle is that I was close the second time but he changed my commands and I died. So stupid. I'm going to try again on Monday after a short break.

Tirod

I'm not sure how much you want to know about these fights (I tried to be as blind as I could but cracked for Roxas/Lingering Will).
For Axel, try your best to use Reflect/Guard. Use Decisive Pumpkin against him for extra combo damage and throw in some Blizzagas to really ruin him.

Zexion you can get in some good combos at the start, break Donald and Goofy out from their books as needed with Firaga and close the distance to Zexion to get Combos in (again Decisive Pumpkin is great for this). When he sucks you into the pages of his book, use Donald's Comet limit for invincibility frames, dish out damage against the book Zexion is hiding in, and reaction command when Donald finished his Limit. When you get caught in the Spotlights during later phases of the fight, count to 13 for the blue spotlight. The transition from 12 --> 13 is when you get locked out from safety from the meteors.

That may be information overload, but Zexion is the easier of the 2 in my opinion. Finding the right rhythm/loop for Axel took me quite a few tries.

Anura

Zexion is just knowing how to get past the book form. Reflecting as soon as you enter is usually a good idea. When he has high HP he will usually start it out with that rushing moving where he is glowing green a bit and changes your commands if it hits. It's pretty much a get out of book free attack if you simply reflect it and preceed to combo/triangle move. Also if you're having trouble getting that last hit you might want to try thunder. It counts as a finisher and isn't a bad idea to use once he uses his book tornado. If you get hit by all those meteors don't waste your MP by using cure. You have enough time to use a potion/high potion before the scene switches back.

Pretty sure I might have forgotten a thing or two... But that's kinda the gist of that fight.

Afrocious

Magnet magic though

This. Magnet destroys them so hard.

I think I've only been grabbed by these things once in the entire platinum run I had.

My most annoying enemy are the bookkeeper dudes in the CoR, but magnet helps out with them.

After those are those giant dog things in Pride Lands, and magnet owns them as well.

Magnet and Reflect never left my shortcut command list.

Afrocious

I dunno if this was discussed in this thread but [MAJOR KH3D SPOILERS]
why is it we saw Master Xehanort as an old man at the end? His body was Terra's when he split into Xemnas and Ansem:SoD.

Did his body transform into looking like an old man, or what?

Top Bottom