• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

I dunno if this was discussed in this thread but [MAJOR KH3D SPOILERS]
why is it we saw Master Xehanort as an old man at the end? His body was Terra's when he split into Xemnas and Ansem:SoD.

Did his body transform into looking like an old man, or what?

Same reason possessed Riku appears as Ansem SoD, I'd wager? It may imply that Xehanort has completed his takeover of Terra's heart. Also, Kingdom Hearts has a bad story that is badly written, don't forget that.

Kinsei

Banned
I dunno if this was discussed in this thread but [MAJOR KH3D SPOILERS]
why is it we saw Master Xehanort as an old man at the end? His body was Terra's when he split into Xemnas and Ansem:SoD.

Did his body transform into looking like an old man, or what?

I'm pretty sure it was never explained. We'll most likely get an answer in KH3.

Fj0823

Same reason possessed Riku appears as Ansem SoD, I'd wager? It may imply that Xehanort has completed his takeover of Terra's heart. Also, Kingdom Hearts has a bad story that is badly written, don't forget that.

He was the Master from the time he was at his peak?
Remember time travel Shit.

Aru

I tried but I guess I won't be getting the platinum. I don't have the patience to deal with the mushrooms. I'll just beat the bosses and quit. So frustrating!

Kinsei

Banned
Mushroom 10, 12 for now. I won against 1, 6 and one or two others. Haven't met the others except 8.

Use final form to take out mushroom 10 quickly. If you're having trouble keeping track of him keep mashing the pause button to keep track of him.

For number 12 just use wisdom form and berserk charge so you can constantly attack without any down time.

raven777

Is there a guide online somewhere on how I should approach post-game contents for KHIIFM?

Guides I see in gamefaqs are based on original KHII, not FM.

Lightning

Banned
Mushroom 10, 12 for now. I won against 1, 6 and one or two others. Haven't met the others except 8.
For 10 I raised my strength as high as possible and just watched the fucker. I needed to attack him 3 times but you should be okay with 4. Higher your strength the faster you'll kill him.

For 12. Wisdom Form and Berserk Charge was how I done this. Go into Wisdom Form, use your MP and turn off your MP charging abilities, and then go ham on the Mushrooms. Use Cure when your MP charges and continue going ham.

Afrocious

The others are piss easy if you follow a guide. 8 is the tricky one, but one of Donald's Limits makes it manageable.

Is there a guide online somewhere on how I should approach post-game contents for KHIIFM?

If you just beat the game, it can get kind of overbearing thinking about all the extra content. This is what I did. It may not be the most effective way to get the platinum, but it worked for me. And if you're not interested in the plat, just skip over the things that you don't want to do.

1. Beat all Absent Silhouettes/Beat Sephiroth
2. Max out your forms and summons.
3. Collect every puzzle piece and chest that you can.
4. Clear the Cave of Remembrance
5. Synthesize 8 Lucky Rings.
6. Synthesize Everything.
7. Do the Data Fights/Lingering Will/Get to level 99/Mushroom XIII
8. Minigames, Missions, and Coliseum stuff.

I did all the gummi ship stuff as I got to them in the main quest. You should have some decent to good gummis since you beat the game, so you can do the gummi ship stuff whenever. I'd just knock it out on its own, and if not, take a break from it to do something else. The cool thing about the extra content is that you can stop when you want.

raven777

The others are piss easy if you follow a guide. 8 is the tricky one, but one of Donald's Limits makes it manageable.

If you just beat the game, it can get kind of overbearing thinking about all the extra content. This is what I did. It may not be the most effective way to get the platinum, but it worked for me. And if you're not interested in the plat, just skip over the things that you don't want to do.

1. Beat all Absent Silhouettes/Beat Sephiroth
2. Max out your forms and summons.
3. Collect every puzzle piece and chest that you can.
4. Clear the Cave of Remembrance
5. Synthesize 8 Lucky Rings.
6. Synthesize Everything.
7. Do the Data Fights/Lingering Will/Get to level 99/Mushroom XIII
8. Minigames, Missions, and Coliseum stuff.

I did all the gummi ship stuff as I got to them in the main quest. You should have some decent to good gummis since you beat the game, so you can do the gummi ship stuff whenever. I'd just knock it out on its own, and if not, take a break from it to do something else. The cool thing about the extra content is that you can stop when you want.

Wow lots of stuff...I don't think I can get Platinum though.....so I might have to skip some..

Maybe I will just do the fights..

Data Fights > Lingering Will. The mushrooms can be done at your leisure.

I assumed post-game meant stuff you can't do before beating the game, not all of the optional content.
Yea it's my fault for wording it badly. I just beat the game and skipped most of optional contents..

Should I fight Sepiroth before Data fights? Is he easier?

Afrocious

Most useul? Limit
Favourite? Wisdom

Valor is my least favourite. I think they should have allowed standard magic for that form or at least a special block/reflect.

It's nuts how much utility you can get out of Wisdom form. Limit is clutch as hell, while Final is just a boss killer.

Wisdom = Synthesis farming/mob killer, magnet + thunder spam for days
Limit = Desperation Move.
Final = Coliseum/Vexen/Mushroom destroyer

Should I fight Sepiroth before Data fights? Is he easier?

Data fights? No. He's easier. If you beat the game, you can most likely beat him now without grinding at all.

He was a bit harder than the Silhouettes to me, but not by much.

Lightning

Banned
I assumed post-game meant stuff you can't do before beating the game, not all of the optional content.
Fair enough. I never touched any of those minigames until post game though. They were basically my break from the fighting when bosses were pissing me off. lol.

Betty

Banned
I can only assume this is Aerith's voice actor...omg she sticks out like a sore thumb compared to literally everyone else

That's Mena Suvari and I mostly blame the direction, Mandy Moore did such a better job.

And I like Aqua's voice.

Afrocious

At first, I didn't like Aqua's voice in BBS on PSP, but revisiting the game, I like it more. She's subdued and I like how she bubbly her voice isn't.

sappyday

At first, I didn't like Aqua's voice in BBS on PSP, but revisiting the game, I like it more. She's subdued and I like how she bubbly her voice isn't.

I think there's a difference between subdued and just being bad which she is. Terra's VA is also bad but I haven't played through his story yet and from what I remember I ended up liking his back when I played it on the PSP.

Kain

Aqua's VA is baaaaaaaaad, she sounds so bored.

She gets some awesome lines thou.

Well, as for data fights, only Roxas, Xemnas and Luxord left. I don't want to fight any of them xD

Lightning

Banned
Aqua's VA is baaaaaaaaad, she sounds so bored.

She gets some awesome lines thou.

Well, as for data fights, only Roxas, Xemnas and Luxord left. I don't want to fight any of them xD
What difficulty level you on? Luxord should be easy enough. Pause during his DM.

I like Aqua's voice tonally, and her acting isn't terrible. But all the time there are moments where she has the strangest inflections. It might not be her fault. Bad direction and recording away from the other VAs haunt the reputation of otherwise good actors all the time. Though if none of these things are the case she absolutely needs to go.

Yeah, it's a common thing in KH. The only bad VA I think is Richard Epcar and I think that's only due to his role.

The thing that bothers me is that it gets worse. KH1 gets a pass since it's much more toned down than BBS for example and the cheese lines go hand in hand with the feel of the game and they use them much more sparingly. In BBS it is just non stop terrible anime line after another.

People seem to take issue with the plot becoming ''too convoluted'' after KH1. I take issue with the dialogue becoming way worse and I don't have high expectations for KH3.

KH2 is way better than BBS in this regard too.

Kain

What difficulty level you on? Luxord should be easy enough. Pause during his DM.

Proud, wanted to breeze through the game but ended up doing the side content stuff...

The problem I have with Luxord is that I don't feel in control of the fight, it feels random. I know he has patterns and stuff, but I am not good with minigames.

Xemnas I think he will be easy, I recently learned you can skip the bugged RC phase with Riku's Limit. That RC is what killed me when I tried.

Roxas... if I can loop him I think I will be fine.

Afrocious

The thing that bothers me is that it gets worse. KH1 gets a pass since it's much more toned down than BBS for example and the cheese lines go hand in hand with the feel of the game and they use them much more sparingly. In BBS it is just non stop terrible anime line after another.

People seem to take issue with the plot becoming ''too convoluted'' after KH1. I take issue with the dialogue becoming way worse and I don't have high expectations for KH3.

KH2 is way better than BBS in this regard too.

I have a similar complaint also. I mean yeah KH1 had some cheesy lines, but like you say it fit with the game and also KH1 was new.

I mean, we always got heart talk but damn. I'll always find it lame when Sora's pointing at his own heart in the end when Riku points to it.

KH1's ending? No bad lines there.

raven777

X58i2gk.jpg
I will come back next time.

I know I have to glide to the other side but I just can't do it. Maybe it's because my Glide level is not high enough? or my control just sucks..

Lightning

Banned
I will come back next time.

I know I have to glide to the other side but I just can't do it. Maybe it's because my Glide level is not high enough? or my control just sucks..
I was only able to do that with max glide while in final form. I think you can do it with level 3 glide but I haven't been able to.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ok, so re:Coded is really dumb.

jrush64

Banned
My God I hate 100 Acre Wood!!! I hate Winnie the Pooh!!! Everything about it is just soooo booooring!!!!!

Just one last stupid minigame left.

I've defeated

-Sephiroth (Spammed the keyblade throwing move because Sin Harvest is so cheap!)
-Phantom (Easy)
-Kurt Zisa
-Unknown
-Ice Titan

All these were bosses I couldn't defeat back when I first played Kingdom Hearts 1. I'm playing on Proud Mode.

I can't wait to get to Kingdom Hearts 2.

Kain

My God I hate 100 Acre Wood!!! I hate Winnie the Pooh!!! Everything about it is just soooo booooring!!!!!

Just one last stupid minigame left.

I've defeated

-Sephiroth (Spammed the keyblade throwing move because Sin Harvest is so cheap!)
-Phantom (Easy)
-Kurt Zisa
-Unknown
-Ice Titan

All these were bosses I couldn't defeat back when I first played Kingdom Hearts 1. I'm playing on Proud Mode.

I can't wait to get to Kingdom Hearts 2.

100 Acre wood is much better in 2. WAY much better.

That last part of the COR is tricky as you don't have to jump all the way up to get past the little space, it's hard to explain. Luckily you only have to do it once.

Lightning

Banned
synthesis item one..

I need cave of remembrance and mushrooms as well, right?
from the Cave you only need one of everything. You get the crystal from a chest and every thing else can be gotten in the first room of the Cave. You don't need to complete it.

You can get all your Tranquility items from any mushroom. Halloween town plaza, summon stitch and spam reflect over 80 which is very easy gets you everything you need and you're done.

Lightning

Banned
I found the Mushroom from Timeless river to be the easiest. Pop Wisdom and spam shot, that's it.
Many options with mushrooms. Decent magic Stat and you can do the Agrabah one as well. Berserk Charge and you can easily do the Radiant Garden one and get Donald's best weapon while you're at it.

Land of Dragons with wisdom form is easy too.

raven777

from the Cave you only need one of everything. You get the crystal from a chest and every thing else can be gotten in the first room of the Cave. You don't need to complete it.

You can get all your Tranquility items from any mushroom. Halloween town plaza, summon stitch and spam reflect over 80 which is very easy gets you everything you need and you're done.

will try out the mushroom one...

I don't know why I am missing so many synth items...

I did go through all the chest in Cave up to that point, tried mushroom and didn't kill it but got quite few synth drops...

yet I only have 59 only...from 70 i believe for FM?

sappyday

Wow I can't believe I accidentally overwrote my Aqua complete save file with Terra's. They really should of made it where you can just switch between characters in 1 save file. Now I've lost every urge to keep playing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow I can't believe I accidentally overwrote my Aqua complete save file with Terra's. They really should of made it where you can just switch between characters in 1 save file. Now I've lost every urge to keep playing.
Ouch. I would just download a save file in this case. It's not the same, but it's not worth going through it again.

Top Bottom