• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

sn00zer

Just Quick Run/Dodge Roll. They're easy to dodge the first time you fight him.

I actualy dont have a problem with that part of the battle. I always die when he starts doing the double key blade toss because its so fast...like I said, Ill figure it out.

Kinsei

Banned
Not to the same degree, at least not until later. OT course I did it and still beat him so it's not a big deal actually.

Speaking of Roxas, for that scene after the duel, did they record those lines for this release? Cuz both Roxas and Axel sound noticeably different

They did. I prefer them sounding different over no voice acting at all like the KH1FM scenes.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Oh im stuck on his story battle so I dont have glide yet

Do you have dash? Like hitting square does the long dash forward? Just do that against the edge of the ring in one direction when he starts doing it, and the orbs will never hit you.

Kain

Just did three more in a row:

Demyx: trolled him with Firaga in Wisdom form. This boss is stupid.

Vexen: tried to troll him with the same strategy but it didn't work, for some reason every time I did a Firaga he moved too far away. Well, he was sitting at five bars, full shield and full Anti-Sora. What do? Pop Limit and spam Sonic Rave like a madman. It works!

Xaldin: FUCK YOU XALDIN. Finally got the timing down of the last phase and just destroyed him with Learn+Jump. Feels good man.

Now Zexion, Luxord, Roxas and Xemnas. I feel like Zexion first, and I really don't want to do Luxord and his stupid minigames...

I'm gonna complete the synthesis part of the journal then level to 99 then take on Terra then complete the rest of the Journal then do the gummi missions and then critical mode

Psxphile

The McDuck family line has the secret to eternal youth. Scrooge just chooses to age because it's finally his time.

It's the Cornerstone of Light. It keeps everyone in that world young, even if they leave for a bit. All they have to do is return home and receive a healthy dose of its youth-affirming radiation and they're good for another 10 years.

Psxphile

so... is guarding pointless in birth by sleep? I'm playing on critical for the first time and it seems pointless.

edit: oh it's not pointless it's just shit compared to KH2.

Guarding in BBS is actually more forgiving than KH2, I've found. It lasts just slightly longer, so if you're pressing square too early (like me) you might still be able to block an attack. And Aqua's Guard is basically a mini-Reflect. Later Ventus will learn an evasive move that will allow him to dodge an incoming attack quickly and give you a chance to strike the rear.

And, of course, Dodge Roll/Cartwheel are packed full of iframes and can get you out of just about anything.

Bladenic

Just did three more in a row:

Demyx: trolled him with Firaga in Wisdom form. This boss is stupid.

Vexen: tried to troll him with the same strategy but it didn't work, for some reason every time I did a Firaga he moved too far away. Well, he was sitting at five bars, full shield and full Anti-Sora. What do? Pop Limit and spam Sonic Rave like a madman. It works!

Xaldin: FUCK YOU XALDIN. Finally got the timing down of the last phase and just destroyed him with Learn+Jump. Feels good man.

Now Zexion, Luxord, Roxas and Xemnas. I feel like Zexion first, and I really don't want to do Luxord and his stupid minigames...

Luxord is really easy. Cheese his DM by pausing and it'll bring his gauge all the way down. Cast a Thundaga and it's over

So I think this is as I far as go, it was a good run but KH2 ends for me with Roxas winning. At least with Demyx and Xaldin there was a light at the end of the tunnel, here there is no light, just darkness :(

Kinsei

Banned
So I think this is as far as go, it was a good run but KH2 ends for me with Roxas winning. At least with Demyx and Xaldin there was a light at the end of the tunnel, here there is no light, just darkness :(

Block his first attack and do a combo
Dodge his next 4 attacks and win the duel
Quickly combo him before he has a chance to recover
Dodge his attacks until the reaction command shows up
Quickly combo him before he can recover
If he's still not dead go into limit form and spam sonic blade

It's the Cornerstone of Light. It keeps everyone in that world young, even if they leave for a bit. All they have to do is return home and receive a healthy dose of its youth-affirming radiation and they're good for another 10 years.

No wonder Maleficent and Pete wanted it so badly. Although, Pete can just go back in time by believing hard enough.

Lightning

Banned
No, story. It honestly feels like every time I fight him he has a different move set.

sigh this is why I prefer my turn based goodness :(
Roxas is actually quite predictable in the story fight.

Reflect as soon as the fight starts his opening move is always the same, then do a full combo on him and reflect the counter at the end of it (usually his jump spinning attack), then I get my distance from Roxas and wait for him to attack me, I reflect it and upon reflecting him I do another full combo on him. He usually DM's straight after this, I dodge it with quick run and wait at the edge of the area to reflect him again when he attacks after his DM and then combo him again. I keep doing this until I win.

Wait for him to attack, reflect, do my combo, reflect his counter and quick run away and wait for him to attack again and then rinse and repeat until finished.

Block his first attack and do a combo
Dodge his next 4 attacks and win the duel
Quickly combo him before he has a chance to recover
Dodge his attacks until the reaction command shows up
Quickly combo him before he can recover
If he's still not dead go into limit form and spam sonic blade

Thanks, I get the flow of the battle. I guess my main problem is that he has too many different attack patterns for me to properly time the block. Also is blocking directional neutral? If I'm for example blocking and he attacks me from behind, will it still block?

Kain

Zexion down. It was a really fun fight actually. Once you realize his DM can be counted to get in the zone it gets pretty fun!

Luxord is really easy. Cheese his DM by pausing and it'll bring his gauge all the way down. Cast a Thundaga and it's over

Yep, seen the video, think he is my next target.

Fuck Xaldin again btw. Xemnas doesn't scare me but Roxas is a mean son of a bitch, once I kill Luxord I think I'll do a few tries against him to get his flow and block every thing he does.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks, I get the flow of the battle. I guess my main problem is that he has too many different attack patterns for me to properly time the block. Also is blocking directional neutral? If I'm for example blocking and he attacks me from behind, will it still block?

In my strategy the one attack you need to block is always the same. Roxas always starts the fight with the spin attack. The rest of his attacks can be dodged by running away and using quick run when he gets close.

If he doesn;t die after his third combo and you'll actually want to take at least one hit in between each sonic blade to regain your MP.

In my strategy the one attack you need to block is always the same. Roxas always starts the fight with the spin attack. The rest of his attacks can be dodged by running away and using quick run when he gets close.

If he doesn;t die after his third combo and you'll actually want to take at least one hit in between each sonic blade to regain your MP.

Is there a special timing for the reaction command when he takes his swords back? I'm hitting triangle when the prompt comes up but he still hits me.

I can't get the timing for Data Xigbar down. When I think he is going to shoot, he doesn't and I cast reflega, then he shoots. I can only get about half his health down then I screw up.

Soriku

I can't get the timing for Data Xigbar down. When I think he is going to shoot, he doesn't and I cast reflega, then he shoots. I can only get about half his health down then I screw up.

Final Form, use Hero's Crest as second Keyblade. Be a bit careful but just try to rush him quick and mash X.

botty

Banned
for some...reason i am getting wrecked by braig. A character that can have all of his attacks reflected. sigh

edit: oh yeah... you can use shot locks in this game.... how i have forgotten.

Soriku

For Roxas all you have to do is Reflect constantly and Limit Form + Sonic Rave his ass lol. I wrecked his Data battle once I got to 99.

I guess be quick about potions and ethers too. I had potion on a shortcut, ether I just scrolled down to manually.

But for MP refilling when using Limit, just let him hit you, and MP Rage or whatever the skill is called will refill your MP. Then use Sonic Rave and your HP goes back up! Rinse, repeat, lolz.

Fj0823

Can someone please tell me how to level up the Mirage Arena Lv??

I want the ultima weapon, And I read you get it at level 30 there

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is officially the first RPG (after vanilla KH2) to make me look up drop rates for items.

Synthesis is the realest shit.

Caladrius

Can someone please tell me how to level up the Mirage Arena Lv??

I want the ultima weapon, And I read you get it at level 30 there

Clear arena battles, win command board games and get the target times in Rumble Racing. You have to unlock the Rumble Racing courses in Disney Town before you can play them in the mirage Arena, by the way.

Fj0823

Clear arena battles, win command board games and get the target times in Rumble Racing. You have to unlock the Rumble Racing courses in Disney Town before you can play them in the mirage Arena, by the way.

You mean the minigame I fired up once, hated it, nope'd and never went back??

....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Kain

And that's exactly why I'll never do the endgame in BbS. I'm more than happy with unlocking the final chapter and beating it.

Lightning

Banned
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is officially the first RPG (after vanilla KH2) to make me look up drop rates for items.

Synthesis is the realest shit.
The Synthing in KH2 is perfect. On Critical mode you gather most of the items you need just by naturally playing. Stat boosting and Lucky Rings are the only time I had to farm synth items in KH2FM and they even made Bright materials have a use aside from maxing your moogle. It was damn near perfect,

The Tranquil materiaks you get naturally from the mushrooms, don't need to farm them, Remembrance materials are also in abundance in the Cavern of Remembrance. Aside from the Crystals but obtaining more than enough take little more than 10 minutes what are you grinding?

If you want to be lazy and not make Lucky Rings then yeah, pain in the ass, but Lucky Rings so easy to make can't see why anyone wouldn't make 8-9 of them.

Psxphile

Heh.

Speaking of which, I'm still not sure how the mechanics for stealing buying an opponent's panel works. Even if you have more than enough GP to pay the toll for landing on the space and pay for the value of the panel, sometimes the game refuses to give you an option to purchase. Do you need a specific amount (x2 of value? x3?) to guarantee the chance? I've got Space board locked for the win but I'm hovering over the Lightning Ray bonus panel that 626 just so happily snapped back within three turns at the start, slowly losing GP while the others gleefully expand their wallets and everytime I land on the space despite having sufficient cash I get nothing.

What a shit. Usually a GP protector would help in this case but Crown cards in stock are far outnumbered by my Magic cards. Anyway I've already exceeded the board's goal so there's no chance to get a fresh cards. Looks like even if I win, I lose. Fucking Stitch.

EDIT: started a new 'game', and Stitch grabs the bonus panel in two turns.

The Synthing in KH2 is perfect. On Critical mode you gather most of the items you need just by naturally playing. Stat boosting and Lucky Rings are the only time I had to farm synth items in KH2FM and they even made Bright materials have a use aside from maxing your moogle. It was damn near perfect,

The Tranquil materiaks you get naturally from the mushrooms, don't need to farm them, Remembrance materials are also in abundance in the Cavern of Remembrance. Aside from the Crystals but obtaining more than enough take little more than 10 minutes what are you grinding?

If you want to be lazy and not make Lucky Rings then yeah, pain in the ass, but Lucky Rings so easy to make can't see why anyone wouldn't make 8-9 of them.

Because Mushrooms are stupid and I dislike them. Plus, even the "easy" stuff takes a bit to get. It's repetitive. My luck is fine with out the rings. I have one ring from being required to Synth, but other than that I just jump into Limit Form. That, plus having a Lucky Ring equipped into the party, plus Donald and Goofy each having Lucky Lucky, is working fine.

I'm not actually having trouble with it at all. It's just repetitive, so I wouldn't call it "perfect." By comparisons to KH1, though, it's a an absolute delight.

Soriku

So should I play the CB mainly from the arena, and not the regular menu?

Psxphile

So should I play the CB mainly from the arena, and not the regular menu?

Normally I'd say yes if you're just going for Arena levels, but I believe Secret Board can only be unlocked by playing and winning the other boards on regular.

EDIT: any board counts? Okay then.

Lightning

Banned
Because Mushrooms are stupid and I dislike them. Plus, even the "easy" stuff takes a bit to get. It's repetitive. My luck is fine with out the rings. I have one ring from being required to Synth, but other than that I just jump into Limit Form. That, plus having a Lucky Ring equipped into the party, plus Donald and Goofy each having Lucky Lucky, is working fine.

I'm not actually having trouble with it at all. It's just repetitive, so I wouldn't call it "perfect." By comparisons to KH1, though, it's a an absolute delight.
All I'm saying is that with Lucky Rings its not even repetitive as you can make one of everything so fast. With the Lucky Rings enemies drop their items like 80-90% of the time. I was able to get my stats to 90-100 by level 65 in around 2-3 hours with lucky rings and synth about 40 Elixers as well as a bonus.

Slowest item being the Serenity Crystal since I needed a lot.

I had stats over 100 and over 80 Elixers heading into the Data and Terra fights and it didn't take long at all. Synthing in this game is awesome, WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than the pain in the ass which was KH1FM synthing.

And the reason I mention the mushrooms is because only reason to synth one of every item is for the trophy. You need to complete Mushrooms for trophy too and you will get your tranquil materials while doing that.

All I'm saying is that with Lucky Rings its not even repetitive as you can make one of everything so fast. With the Lucky Rings enemies drop their items like 80-90% of the time. I was able to get my stats to 90-100 by level 65 in around 2-3 hours with lucky rings and synth about 40 Elixers as well as a bonus.

Slowest item being the Serenity Crystal since I needed a lot.

I had stats over 100 and over 80 Elixers heading into the Data and Terra fights and it didn't take long at all. Synthing in this game is awesome, WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than the pain in the ass which was KH1FM synthing.

And the reason I mention the mushrooms is because only reason to synth one of every item is for the trophy. You need to complete Mushrooms for trophy too and you will get your tranquil materials while doing that.
lol str/mag/def stat boosts, via items or equipment, stop having any effect above 82

So how do you finish off Xigbar? He's super easy for most of the fight, but then I can't touch him. He either teleports too quickly for me to hit him or he uses his limit which turns him invincible. I've been using the reaction command to shoot his blue bullets back at him but they do too little damage so there has to be a quicker way right?

Soriku

So how do you finish off Xigbar? He's super easy for most of the fight, but then I can't touch him. He either teleports too quickly for me to hit him or he uses his limit which turns him invincible. I've been using the reaction command to shoot his blue bullets back at him but they do too little damage so there has to be a quicker way right?

Dash towards him and hope you get lucky :p

I used thunder to finish him off

Top Bottom