• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
I -think- it may be game specific but generally it'd lead to a shit ton of save mongering for trophy unlocks (because trophies aren't pointless enough on their own already lol)

sappyday

It's okay. BBS was really irritating me anyways. Awful back story. Dumbass one note characters. Gameplay wasn't all that much fun compared to how amazing KH2 FM is on critical. Worlds are lacking. Everything just feels subpar and lacking. I was already dreading having to go to the same worlds again for the third time.

Falk

that puzzling face
Again, I'm wondering how a 're-mixed' Birth By Sleep would have worked out. You play all three characters, one at a time, up to certain points where you need to play the other two to 'catch up' in order to progress (e.g. Radiant Garden, then Deep Space, then Neverland, then Keyblade Graveyard/final bosses) cutting out some redundant fights like the Mark of Mastery exam and Radiant Garden voltron Unversed (you choose which character to play at these points)

That have might solve a lot of the 'retread' issues people have (since you play an entire world from all 3 perspectives before moving on) along with solving all these save game issues since it's all 3 characters on one save.

It probably would make for a more coherent narrative overall, while losing something significant in terms of character building (since you're essentially switching three characters over and over instead of sticking with one for a few hours)

raven777

WN7UFTK.jpg
finally got it!!

raven777

you need level 3 glide at least (if you have level 2 on sora use final form)

yea went back and got glide 3 to get past it.

Beat Silhouettes and Sepiroth. I was overpowered for the silhouettes so they were easy despite not really knowing how to fight them(mashed until they were dead) except Marluxia which took me few tries. Sepiroth was hard at first because I didn't know what to do, but once I got the hang of it it wasn't hard. Was kinda lucky when I beat him since he didn't use any of his special moves.

I'm watching 358/2 Days right now and I have a question
When Xion says she can't use the keyblade, why is she afraid that they'll turn her into a Dusk? None of the other members except Roxas can use the keyblade either yet they still get to stick around

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm watching 358/2 Days right now and I have a question
When Xion says she can't use the keyblade, why is she afraid that they'll turn her into a Dusk? None of the other members except Roxas can use the keyblade either yet they still get to stick around
It's all she can do. Without it she is useless to them. It would be like if Saix couldn't use his claymore, summon nobodies, or think strategically (which I'm assuming he does as second in command) anymore, or if Axel lost his fire powers. The Organization is a Mafia kind of place where if you can't contribute, you get kicked out or nixed. At least, that's what I took from it.

It's all she can do. Without it she is useless to them. It would be like if Saix couldn't use his claymore, summon nobodies, or think strategically (which I'm assuming he does as second in command) anymore, or if Axel lost his fire powers. The Organization is a Mafia kind of place where if you can't contribute, you get kicked out or nixed. At least, that's what I took from it.

I see, so she can't fight anymore without it? In the actual game after she looses the keyblade, what does she do gameplay wise?

Psxphile

I see, so she can't fight anymore without it? In the actual game after she looses the keyblade, what does she do gameplay wise?

In the actual game, she borrows Roxas' keyblade and you (Roxas) are left with having to do a mission or two w/ magic and a stick for a weapon.

DrStruts

Neo Member
Well I just had some bizarre luck on the fight with The Experiment in Halloween Town. I didn't even know it was possible to go anti form twice in succession and STILL survive any fight.

Did they up the difficulty between worlds in Birth By Sleep? because i had done my usual route of going past radiant Garden to Deep Space and i couldn't touch anything, and i was over leveled too.
Probably just me being an idiot and forgetting Birth by sleep in general

raven777

holy shit I tried to fight Lingering Will for fun before I turn off the console, and it was just brutal. I actually couldn't hit him at all for my first 3 tries, which lasted less than 10 seconds. Fourth try I hit him once and died, less than 15 seconds total. Yea I am absolutely not ready for this yet. Need to grind level and fight Data bosses first.

sn00zer

Finally enjoying KH2's story. its actually not bad at all (baring anything dealing with "data"), it just required far too much back story to appreciate.

Aru

holy shit I tried to fight Lingering Will for fun before I turn off the console, and it was just brutal. I actually couldn't hit him at all for my first 3 tries, which lasted less than 10 seconds. Fourth try I hit him once and died, less than 15 seconds total. Yea I am absolutely not ready for this yet. Need to grind level and fight Data bosses first.

I found out that he has basically like 4 general patterns and on 2 of them, I'm basically screwed.
- First pattern AKA the easiest:
He uses his "Keyblade Bike" or whatever it is called, to rush at you. Dodge him with Glide and when he lands go straight to him and attack all you can.
- Second pattern:
He does aerial attacks again and again. Block the attacks and hit him when he's done.
- Third pattern:
He randomly seals one of your skills. If magic is blocked, attack him to break the seal. If attack is sealed and you don't have a good magic spell in the shortcut menu, may as well let yourself being killed.
- Fourth pattern / Variant of the third one:
He replaces all your actions by other ones that hit you or break his spell.

He has a few more attacks that he uses whatever the pattern he chooses first, but from what I've seen, if he's using a pattern, he'll stick to it during most of the fight. I managed to take like 5 or 6 of his health bars, I don't know if it's worse after that but it probably is.

Screw the data Org XIII and Jiminy's journal. Once I'm done with Lingering Will, I'm done with this game. Data Org XIII are just the same bosses with better stats, so I don't mind letting them unbeaten. LW is the last unique boss remaining to be beaten.

Afrocious

The mechanics are slightly changed with the Org members thankfully, and some have outright different attack patterns like with Xemnas.

Well I just had some bizarre luck on the fight with The Experiment in Halloween Town. I didn't even know it was possible to go anti form twice in succession and STILL survive any fight.

Anti Form has actually pretty great ability to keep a single enemy stunned/juggled, so as long as your enemy is susceptible to that kind of thing it's not the end of the world to get it. It's obviously a bit of a gamble, though, to just press the offense instead of trying to flee until your counter runs out.

Kinsei

Banned
I found out that he has basically like 4 general patterns and on 2 of them, I'm basically screwed.
- First pattern AKA the easiest:
He uses his "Keyblade Bike" or whatever it is called, to rush at you. Dodge him with Glide and when he lands go straight to him and attack all you can.
- Second pattern:
He does aerial attacks again and again. Block the attacks and hit him when he's done.
- Third pattern:
He randomly seals one of your skills. If magic is blocked, attack him to break the seal. If attack is sealed and you don't have a good magic spell in the shortcut menu, may as well let yourself being killed.
- Fourth pattern / Variant of the third one:
He replaces all your actions by other ones that hit you or break his spell.

He has a few more attacks that he uses whatever the pattern he chooses first, but from what I've seen, if he's using a pattern, he'll stick to it during most of the fight. I managed to take like 5 or 6 of his health bars, I don't know if it's worse after that but it probably is.

Screw the data Org XIII and Jiminy's journal. Once I'm done with Lingering Will, I'm done with this game. Data Org XIII are just the same bosses with better stats, so I don't mind letting them unbeaten. LW is the last unique boss remaining to be beaten.

I guess the data fights are just the organization fights with higher stats if you decide to ignore the new attacks, new patterns, and mechanical changes to them.

FSLink

Banned
I -think- it may be game specific but generally it'd lead to a shit ton of save mongering for trophy unlocks (because trophies aren't pointless enough on their own already lol)
You can resign saves with some software.

Speaking of which anybody have a save with Lingering Will? Just want to fight him and don't have time to beat the whole game to get to him anytime soon.

sn00zer

I kinda like that Sora is a bit dumb...it makes sense when he is tricked or doesnt understand things...he's just a bit dumb
EDIT: Wow that final story fight is surprisingly brutal

Fj0823

I kinda like that Sora is a bit dumb...it makes sense when he is tricked or doesnt understand things...he's just a bit dumb

I would say he's more innocent than dumb, if knows the importance of his tasks, and takes his mission seriously.

However, he likes to take on life with an extremely friendly and positive attitude, in 3D its stated that this trait is what makes his heart easy to connect to.

xewind

FINALLY! Got the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix Platinum a couple of minutes ago. Didn't have issues with Xemnas at all in critical, but for some reason I did die a couple of times in the
Xemnas mechanical dragon
part. Still, glad I am done with KH2FM.

I will be watching the Re:Coded scenes today or tomorrow and I will probably take a couple of days before I begin with the BbS playthroughs. I need to play something else before I start BbS after playing KH2 nonstop for a month lol.

Nose Master

I know it's 1.5, but I wanted to vent since I'm running through KH1.5 (KH1) first before KH2, because the opposite would be infuriating combat wise: WHY DO YOU LEARN AIR COMBO PLUS FIFTY LEVELS LATER IN FINAL MIX THAN IN OG KINGDOM HEARTS?! KFJDKFJKJIRJGJG

Bladenic

I don't, especially since he really wasnt like that in 1 or CoM. Guess that one year nap really fucked up his brain, not his fault I suppose.

I really hope they take Sora in an interesting and possibly darker direction in KH3, but I doubt they will.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't, especially since he really wasnt like that in 1 or CoM. Guess that one year nap really fucked up his brain, not his fault I suppose.

I really hope they take Sora in an interesting and possibly darker direction in KH3, but I doubt they will.

Sora was awful in CoM for plot reasons.

"WHATS WRONG WITH YOU DONALD AND GOOFY!?!?"

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Finally put some time into this today.

My god these loading times. Is this actually slower loading than the original? Damn I wish they would release this digitally if these load times are due to BluRay seek times.

Has there been anything announced regarding a digital release? I know that the previous Kingdom Hearts remake wasn't released digitally either, due to licensing issues?

The game is AMAZING other than that though. I'm not a Disney fan at all, but this is an incredibly solid game. Well, amazing other than those rail shooter sections. What were they thinking?

JTripper

About 90% to platinum-ing KH2FM. The amount of time it's taking me to complete the synthesis journal entries is driving me nuts. I only need to complete about 9 more list entries then I could move on to gummi missions, which I haven't even started. It's my last thing to do too. I can't wait for this to be over.

Aru

Finally put some time into this today.

My god these loading times. Is this actually slower loading than the original? Damn I wish they would release this digitally if these load times are due to BluRay seek times.

Has there been anything announced regarding a digital release? I know that the previous Kingdom Hearts remake wasn't released digitally either, due to licensing issues?

The game is AMAZING other than that though. I'm not a Disney fan at all, but this is an incredibly solid game. Well, amazing other than those rail shooter sections. What were they thinking?

If only they added a retry option for bosses and some mini-games... BBS and DDD have a retry option IIRC.

sn00zer

Beat the game on Critical at around lvl 45....I hate that I have around another 2-3hr of leveling before I can even start the data battles...I think Im done

Lightning

Banned
Sora is too damn cocky that's my biggest frustration with him. So full of himself to the point it annoyed me with him.

Beat the game on Critical at around lvl 45....I hate that I have around another 2-3hr of leveling before I can even start the data battles...I think Im done
You can beat the Data's and Lingering Will at any level, you don't need to be level 99.

sappyday

Riku is definitely the one who we all should be playing as. Sora is great but he shouldn't be the hero. Although since this is a Disney game, Sora fits more as the hero than Riku, but as a Square game it's the other way around. Unfortunately, the plot has reached to the point where Sora is basically Disney Jesus.

My problem with Sora is that he's just a cosmic plaything.

-Manipulated by Ansem Seeker of Darkness to open Kingdom Hearts.
-Manipulated by the Organization to forget everything and become their mindless keyblade wielder.
-Roxas is being used as a keyblade wielder (although he gets his shit together) and then is manipulated by DiZ to fuse back with Sora
-Manipulated by Xemnas and the Organization to create Kingdom Hearts (and then Xemnas tries to convince him, Riku, and Mickey to do it again, which made me laugh my ass off).
-Data Sora is just there to be used by others. That's his strict purpose.
-He's then manipulated by the reformed Organization to become their 13th member, failing his exam.
Fuck, even Ven is no different.
He's just being used to create the Chi-blade.
Granted, you could include Terra and Riku, but at least they figure shit out.
Riku fights back because he finds out what's going on, and even though it's too late, Terra does get it together eventually.

Kain

Riku is definitely the one who we all should be playing as
. Sora is great but he shouldn't be the hero. Although since this is a Disney game, Sora fits more as the hero than Riku, but as a Square game it's the other way around. Unfortunately, the plot has reached to the point where Sora is basically Disney Jesus.

Yep, he was the original keyblade wielder and is the only master of the current generation after all.

Sora was... just there as a last resort for the keyblade lol

That's before they retconned everything, of course.

YOU WERE ALWAYS DESTINED TO BE JESUS BECAUSE THAT BOY VEN WAS SLEEPING INSIDE YOU AND THEN KAIRI AND THEN YOUR NOBODY TOOK THE FORM OF VEN AND THEN SOMETHING ANSEM AND DIZ AND XEHANORT

Sora is like a hotel for losers.

Afrocious

I don't really mind Sora being manipulated left and right since we've seen him pull through with his own agency in the end (KH1, CoM, KH2).

I just want less lame script. Terra has some of the lamest lines uttered in the series.

Also BBS spoiler question:

Ven's heart merges with Sora's brand new heart in the beginning of BBS. Is this why Ven and Sora look the same, because Sora takes after Ven? I'm guessing this would explain why Vanitas looks like Sora.

I don't really mind Sora being manipulated left and right since we've seen him pull through with his own agency in the end (KH1, CoM, KH2).

I just want less lame script. Terra has some of the lamest lines uttered in the series.

Sora does fight back, but by then he's served his purpose, so it doesn't change anything. Even the good guys basically had to steer him in the right direction. KH1 is the only one where he finds his own way, along with Donald and Goofy. With all the others, he basically has to be pushed and guided in the direction.

EDIT:
Also, there's no answer for why Vanitas looks like Sora at all. But it is why Roxas and Ven look similar. My guess is that Roxas got a small piece of Ven's heart.

Kain

Also BBS spoiler question:

Ven's heart merges with Sora's brand new heart in the beginning of BBS. Is this why Ven and Sora look the same, because Sora takes after Ven? I'm guessing this would explain why Vanitas looks like Sora.

Vanitas looks like Sora because Nomura wanted to. There's nothing more to it, really, he said the VA of Sora told him he wanted to play a bad character and Nomura invented Vanitas.

BTW, I like Vanitas, he is a troll. You beat the shit out of him and he still brags and taunts you, gotta love that.

Aru

Damn it. LW had 2 health bars remaining and I lost :(
Using Stitch is kinda cheating, but it works great against him. When he is vulnerable, Stitch stuns him so I have some time to get to him and start attacking.

Anti Form has actually pretty great ability to keep a single enemy stunned/juggled, so as long as your enemy is susceptible to that kind of thing it's not the end of the world to get it. It's obviously a bit of a gamble, though, to just press the offense instead of trying to flee until your counter runs out.

i know its awesome, getting an enemy in an anti form combo is really satisfying..did it against xaldin

raven777

started bbs. Played little over an hour and completed first boss

-Graphics are surprisingly good. The character models match KH2 level..
-Love Aqua's voice (JP version)
-Terra is soooo slow. Coming from KH2, he is way too slow to get used to.
-I keep pressing Triangle when I go to the chests and end up using a skill...lol
-Battle system seems interesting. A lot more fun in early part of the game compared to KH1&2 since you get lots of options from early on, instead of just mashing attack.
-Proud mode and the first boss kicked my ass. Needed about 4 tries to beat him.
-Retry doesn't rest your item usage? That's kinda annoying.

Finalow

I have to admit, I enjoyed KH2FM more than the first one. probably best game in the series for me. not BBS because, even if it has a solid and better combat system, doing the same 5 worlds 3 times gets tedious very quickly.

so, better bs than the first game by far, more post-game stuff and I even enjoyed the gummi ship stuff when I made a proper donut ship. as far as disney worlds go, it does have some good ones but most of them (especially second visits, which were in the game just for padding, most of the time) are very forgettable, a waste of good ideas (timeless river) or just boring/annoying. in that regard KH1 did better but it didn't have as much variety as you see in KH2, for the better or the worse. I do however like Atlantica more in KH2.
I'm not a fan of press triangle to do everything but it didn't bother me too much, honestly.

Top Bottom