• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

raven777

I have to admit, I enjoyed KH2FM more than the first one. probably best game in the series for me. not BBS because, even if it has a solid and better combat system, doing the same 5 worlds 3 times gets tedious very quickly.

so, better bs than the first game, more post-game stuff and I even enjoyed the gummi ship stuff when I made a proper donut ship. as far as disney worlds go, it does have some good ones but most of them (especially second visits) are very forgettable, a waste of good ideas (timeless river) or just boring/annoying. in that regard KH1 did better but it didn't have much variety as you see in KH2, for the better or the worse. I do however like Atlantica more in KH2.

Better Atlantica and 100 acre, and no Tarzan world makes KH2 worlds better for me.

jrush64

Banned
Fighting Last boss of Rechain of Memories. This guy is freaking redonculous!!!! The game starts of really crappy but has definitely picked up.

I would have enjoyed it more, it it just had normal combat though.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is definitely a better game than Kingdom Hearts 2.

Heartfyre

I've managed to get as far as Demyx in Critical Mode in KH2.

I'm definitely getting one of those "The Real Dark Souls Starts Here" moments. Ten deaths and counting, and the water forms are the least of my concerns.

Kain

I've managed to get as far as Demyx in Critical Mode in KH2.

I'm definitely getting one of those "The Real Dark Souls Starts Here" moments. Ten deaths and counting, and the water forms are the least of my concerns.

The data fight is supposed to be harder and it consists on popping Wisdom, spam Firaga and win. I didn't try that when playing the game normally, but I'll try on my next run xD

About to start BBS what difficulty should I play on? KH2 critical was a bit too much for me, so I beat it on proud but even that was pretty challenging at some points. How does this BBS difficulty compare?

Fighting Last boss of Rechain of Memories. This guy is freaking redonculous!!!! The game starts of really crappy but has definitely picked up.

I would have enjoyed it more, it it just had normal combat though.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is definitely a better game than Kingdom Hearts 2.

It's why it's my least favorite in the series so far. I actually like the story somewhat, but that gameplay is not for me.

Eblo

How do Re:CoM's bonus Organization XIII enemy cards work in 1.5? On PS2, you needed a KH2FM save file. Does 1.5's Re:CoM require a KH2FM save file from 2.5? Also, when/where are the cards in question unlocked once the requirements are met?

How do Re:CoM's bonus Organization XIII enemy cards work in 1.5? On PS2, you needed a KH2FM save file. Does 1.5's Re:CoM require a KH2FM save file from 2.5? Also, when/where are the cards in question unlocked once the requirements are met?
In 1.5 you unlock the organization cards by either having a game clear save or a save of the 358/2 Days movie clear. The latter also unlocks some keyblade cards unique to 1.5 version of Re:CoM.

After unlocking them you find em at the reward rooms. So if watch (or manually skip) the Days ''movie'' you can get the cards during a normal playtrough.

Aru

I've beaten 7 Data Organisation XIII members so far: Roxas, Axel, Zexion, Vexen, Xigbar, Luxord, Marluxia. Tried Xemnas but couldn't beat him. Also, I'm giving up on Lingering Will for now. He is just too hard for me in Critical Mode. It's frustrating because I almost beat him twice!
I need a break.

I'm starting BBS. Ah it feels so good. Command Deck System is still my favorite system of the series, and I will miss it in KH3.

Psxphile

Shame you can't sell Synthesis crystals in BBS. I've already have 99 Shimmerings which means I can't open the last chest in Neverland to complete Terra's journal entries. Guess melding is the only way to drop the count, too bad I already have all of his abilities maxed. No harm, I guess.

They really should have let you sell them, though.

You know I what I would've liked in KH2FM? If you could take existing items, and just upgrade them through synthesis. Rather than having to synthesis a whole new item. Why do I have to synthesize a Save the King and a Save the King+, when I could just take Save the King and upgrade it with additional materials?

She'll be playable in KH3
BELIEVE

That becomes an interesting question:
Are all the 7 Warriors of Light going to be playable?
And if so, I wonder how they'd do it. Would you be able to switch characters on the fly, or would it be akin to BbS where they are different stories?

Seda

So I'll probably be starting Birth By Sleep soon.

If I eventually wanted to get all trophies, should I try to complete everything on Critical? KH2FM Critical was quite manageable.

And start a new game file for each character, yes? (rather than splitting a save in the tutorial before the character selection)

So I'll probably be starting Birth By Sleep soon.

If I eventually wanted to get all trophies, should I try to complete everything on Critical? KH2FM Critical was quite manageable.

And start a new game file for each character, yes? (rather than splitting a save in the tutorial before the character selection)
I may divert from the 'git gud' crowd here and say that, unlike with KH2FM where you should ignore everything but Critical, for BBS you may be better off beating the game on Critical, then going back and redoing it on Proud to finish all of the sidequest material (and Secret Episode). BBSFM Critical isn't well-balanced the way KH2FM Critical is.

Seda

I may divert from the 'git gud' crowd here and say that, unlike with KH2FM where you should ignore everything but Critical, for BBS you may be better off beating the game on Critical, then going back and redoing it on Proud to finish all of the sidequest material (and Secret Episode). BBSFM Critical isn't well-balanced the way KH2FM Critical is.

That's what I've heard, yeah, and I do recall BBS Proud on PSP being a bit frustrating at places.

Well, I'll start on Critical to at least beat the game and see how it goes.

Psxphile

How exactly do you mean by 'isn't well-balanced'? I'm playing on Critical and so far I haven't had much of an issue. Do you mean post-endgame content?

So how do you use/access potions in BBS? I have 2 potions but have no idea how to use them in battle or how to find them in the menu.

You place them in your deck, like Commands and use them during regular play. There's no using items in-menu like the other games.

That's what I've heard, yeah, and I do recall BBS Proud on PSP being a bit frustrating at places.

Well, I'll start on Critical to at least beat the game and see how it goes.
I can't remember which command bonus you get from the "beat Critical" trophy but honestly starting a new Proud game with a good set of trophy prizes ought to do plenty to smooth out the early issues.

Pretty sure that even though BBSFM starts you out with more Command slots on Critical you still max out at the same number on all difficulties, making it irrelevant by the endgame.

Heartfyre

Summon stitch, reflect, win

Thanks. I did see try some tips from this thread. The difference Stitch and Comet made were amazing: he moved from astoundingly brutal to a laughable plaything. I'm currently facing Xaldin now. I'm hoping to find some similarly stellar advice somewhere in the thread because my first three attempts all ended after only taking two health bars from him.

Up to the Organisation members, I was having far more trouble with the mobs rather than the bosses. I felt Proud Mode in KHFM was tough, but Critical is something else.

EDIT: I managed to beat Xaldin, and I may have laughed manically as he was down to one health bar and I had nine Jumps to use against him. It's all about learning the right timings, which only come from practice.

Falk

that puzzling face
The only thing ballbustingly terrible about Critical BBS is probably Terra vs two of the optional bosses. They're complete bullshit, but Aqua and Ventus both out-bullshit the bosses with invincibility frames.

Psxphile

The only thing ballbustingly terrible about Critical BBS is probably Terra vs two of the optional bosses. They're complete bullshit, but Aqua and Ventus both out-bullshit the bosses with invincibility frames.

That was true playing on Proud as well. And against those bosses, whatever handicaps Critical forces on you (half HP like KH2FM Crit?) doesn't seem to matter in the long run when either boss could combo or even 1hit you to an inch of your life. Terra can still bullshit them back w/ his higher Attack power and a copious amounts of Fire/Thunder Surge. I managed to beat Mysterious Figure w/ Terra in BBSFM Proud (PSP) in a fraction of the time of the others because of his great damage output. You'll still need a whole lot of luck to survive the encounter, though.

Oh well, I'll find out soon enough. :T

EDIT: also, there's Zero EXP, which apparently grants buffs when equipped in the ReMix version? What was the deal with that again?

Ok GAF, how the hell did you guys beat the
groundshaker
on critical? He seems extremely easy its just trying to avoid those fire attacks and then is feet.

Soriku

The room in Maleficent's castle with the rising walls and the teleports is some Shin Megami Tensei shit. But more linear and not nearly as annoying.

Also, much content do the three BBS characters share? Is it worth doing stuff with all three, or just one (probably Aqua)?

The room in Maleficent's castle with the rising walls and the teleports is some Shin Megami Tensei shit. But more linear and not nearly as annoying.

Also, much content do the three BBS characters share? Is it worth doing stuff with all three, or just one (probably Aqua)?

If you don't care about trophies I think doing the post game content with one character is enough (Ven or Aqua if you want it easier). Post game content is pretty much exactly the same for all 3 characters. Also due to the combat level glitching it is most likely easier to grind levels for Ven than Aqua unless you get lucky.

Soriku

If you don't care about trophies I think doing the post game content with one character is enough (Ven or Aqua if you want it easier). Post game content is pretty much exactly the same for all 3 characters. Also due to the combat level glitching it is most likely easier to grind levels for Ven than Aqua unless you get lucky.

What about Mirage Arena or minigames?

botty

Banned

Got to say that I am deeply afraid to fight these bosses with Terra now that YOU are complaining about them :S

Zaverious

Finally get Data Axel down to 1 HP. I keep using Sonic Blade but then I forgot that you can't kill him with the fire floor active. I revert back to normal form and try to use a Hi-Potion and wait for him to activate the Reaction Commands, but Axel sneaks behind me and kills me.

Kingdom Hearts optional bosses fill me with rage.

Terra against Mysterious Figure is exactly the same on Proud Mode as he is on Critical. (That is to say, frustratingly difficult.) You die just as quick, and Terra still deals decent damage.

I think Terra Vs. Mysterious Figure is objectively the most difficult boss battle in the series (and that's including Lingering Will and the Data Battles on Critical) because it's the only challenge that's 100% reliant on luck. If he decides to do something Terra doesn't really have a reliable answer for, you're pretty much dead.

What about Mirage Arena or minigames?

Well you can do them if you feel like it. I usually do the minigames with all characters since they give rewards unlike KH2. Mirage Arena requires more commitment to unlock everything since you need to play 7 games of command board, more Rumble Racing ect.

BTW I hope Osaka team steps it up with some of the boss designs in KH3. There are quite a few bad bosses in BBS and DDD. Like, there is nothing fun fighting Iron Imprisoner for example. I don't even know if I'm doing something wrong but the only way the fight makes any sense to me is to abuse shotlocks all day. Huge drop in quality from KH2FM.

Not to say there are good bosses too. I like Wheel Master, Terras final boss, Magic Mirror...

Eblo

I've been trying to 100% KH2FM, and it's been going swimmingly until I got to synthing. All of the superbosses put together are a lot easier than synthing. I even beat Lingering Will with no items and no Cure to test my sanity. Definitely easier than gathering xx of every material. Fuck synthing, man.

Lightning

Banned
I've been trying to 100% KH2FM, and it's been going swimmingly until I got to synthing. All of the superbosses put together are a lot easier than synthing. I even beat Lingering Will with no items and no Cure to test my sanity. Definitely easier than gathering xx of every material. Fuck synthing, man.
Lol. By fighting everything you would have naturally gathered the materials. Must be playing normal or proud mode where the drop rates suck.

Bladenic

Well you can do them if you feel like it. I usually do the minigames with all characters since they give rewards unlike KH2. Mirage Arena requires more commitment to unlock everything since you need to play 7 games of command board, more Rumble Racing ect.

BTW I hope Osaka team steps it up with some of the boss designs in KH3. There are quite a few bad bosses in BBS and DDD. Like, there is nothing fun fighting Iron Imprisoner for example. I don't even know if I'm doing something wrong but the only way the fight makes any sense to me is to abuse shotlocks all day. Huge drop in quality from KH2FM.

Not to say there are good bosses too. I like Wheel Master, Terras final boss, Magic Mirror...

I have no issues really with most BBS bosses. But DDD was awful. Like I can't remember a single fun boss fight.

Eblo

Lol. By fighting everything you would have naturally gathered the materials. Must be playing normal or proud mode where the drop rates suck.
Part of getting 100% in KH2FM includes completing the game on Critical, which is what I'm playing on.

raven777

does bbs have some framerate dips? I felt frame was weird in certain battle situations...

the camera is also bit awkward coming from KH2FM. But so far really enjoying bbs.

Finalow

Terrasux etc.
I wasn't on critical but I still had to try a lot of times before killing them.

Caladrius

They're complete bullshit, but Aqua and Ventus both out-bullshit the bosses with invincibility frames.

I had a lot of fun using Tornado on Vanitas's Remnant. It almost felt like cheating.

An attack that can take off close to 50% of a Boss's HP without a lot of setup/finagling kind of is cheating though, isn't it?

Terra against Mysterious Figure is exactly the same on Proud Mode as he is on Critical. (That is to say, frustratingly difficult.) You die just as quick, and Terra still deals decent damage.

I think Terra Vs. Mysterious Figure is objectively the most difficult boss battle in the series (and that's including Lingering Will and the Data Battles on Critical) because it's the only challenge that's 100% reliant on luck. If he decides to do something Terra doesn't really have a reliable answer for, you're pretty much dead.

Those clone, laser and arrow-flight attacks are utter fuckery.

Top Bottom