• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Groof

#teamKH1

2.5 just arrived. Gonna pop this sucker in right away <3

I must be the only one in the world who thinks BBS doesn't come near KH1 and KH2. I mean, it's the third best IMO and great game. Definately one of PSPs best but it is one of those games where you can see the hardware holding it back just a bit too much. There's a lot to like about it certainly but the more I play it the more I prefer the first 2 major games as the best ones.

Argh, mine just shipped. Will be here next Friday they say.

Yep. 2.5 is 1080p with 0 AA. 1.5 was weird, it was like 800 or 900p or something like that. Don't think it had AA either.

Oh, that's cool. Does the remaster have any slowdown like KH1.5 did at times?

#teamKH1

2.5 just arrived. Gonna pop this sucker in right away <3

I must be the only one in the world who thinks BBS doesn't come near KH1 and KH2. I mean, it's the third best IMO and great game. Definately one of PSPs best but it is one of those games where you can see the hardware holding it back just a bit too much. There's a lot to like about it certainly but the more I play it the more I prefer the first 2 major games as the best ones.

Don't get me wrong, I adore KH1 - it's what got me into the series back when it released. But I dunno, I just feel like KH2FM and BBS are more interesting and have *far* *far* *far* better gameplay/battle systems. And I find the story more interesting in them as well (more convoluted as well but whatever!).

BBS might actually be my favorite entry in the series, but a lot of that is due to me loving the story/characters and command deck system / command styles. I do think the game was held back somewhat by the hardware it was on (especially the world design), but it's strengths are in other areas.

RPGCrazied

Haven't seen any slowdowns so far, but the loading times are longer than they were on the PS2. Just using drive form can make your game pause for a few seconds before you can use it. Its very jarring, considering this problem wasn't in the PS2 game.

jimmypython

Don't get me wrong, I adore KH1 - it's what got me into the series back when it released. But I dunno, I just feel like KH2FM and BBS are more interesting and have *far* *far* *far* better gameplay/battle systems. And I find the story more interesting in them as well (more convoluted as well but whatever!).

BBS might actually be my favorite entry in the series, but a lot of that is due to me loving the story/characters and command deck system / command styles. I do think the game was held back somewhat by the hardware it was on (especially the world design), but it's strengths are in other areas.

yep. KH3D's deck system was not as good.

Haven't seen any slowdowns so far, but the loading times are longer than they were on the PS2. Just using drive form can make your game pause for a few seconds before you can use it. Its very jarring, considering this problem wasn't in the PS2 game.

Yeah, I heard about the drive form stuff.. that really sucks. Reminds me a little bit of the PSP having to load new command styles in BBS - is that present in the remaster as well? They really should have given you the option to install the game to your hard drive. I watched a stream or two (while I'm waiting to get the game myself), and I've seen people pausing the game when the drive form is loading - why are they doing this? Do you lose time with the form due to the loading or something?

yep. KH3D's deck system was not as good.

That's true, but I still had fun with 3D's battles since it was similar to BBS.

Necrovex

Argh, mine just shipped. Will be here next Friday they say.

You poor person. I thought I had it bad having to wait until Tuesday for my copy.

I enjoy the Kingdom Hearts story. I fully understand the story is utter rubbish, but I can't help but love the convoluted tale of this franchise.

I enjoy the Kingdom Hearts story. I fully understand the story is utter rubbish, but I can't help but love the convoluted tale of this franchise.

I am the exact same way. I know the story from an "objective" point of view is pretty terrible and convoluted, but I still love it. I'm not even sure why, but I'm always excited to see what other craziness is thrown our way, lol.

I've noticed a couple bouts of slowdown in some cutscenes, but honestly I think most of those existed in the PS2 version too and it's at a brief second or two tops.

the Drive Form lag is annoying, though it seems to be worst the first time you do it in a world, and better afterward (and I didn't see any of it in
Timeless River
but I imagine I know why)

Groof

You poor person. I thought I had it bad having to wait until Tuesday for my copy.

It's what I get for trying to save a bit of money and ordering from abroad, heh.

As for the story... at this point I'm merely going along for the ride, seeing where it's going to end up. It took a turn I'm not very fond of, but if I'm in this deep I might as well keep on going!

Zexen

skeleton-at-desk_1-300x295.jpg

Still waiting my Collector Edition.

I've noticed a couple bouts of slowdown in some cutscenes, but honestly I think most of those existed in the PS2 version too and it's at a brief second or two tops.

the Drive Form lag is annoying, though it seems to be worst the first time you do it in a world, and better afterward (and I didn't see any of it in
Timeless River
but I imagine I know why)

Ah gotcha, not too bad then. It's weird about the Drive Form stuff. It's good to know the
Timeless River
place doesn't have the issue because that was where I always leveled up my drive forms, lol. Seemed really quick there.

good question

She was in the US for the launch event and popped by

Do you know how much I hate you right now? :(

That's awesome though, so jealous.

Holmes

The fat enemies in Agrabah that breathe fire are just the worst. And they always seem to target Sora and never turn their back to me. At least the regular fat enemies are stupid and just stand around most of the time.

Collector's Edition arrived, but it was battered by DPD... outer box is scuffed and dented on the bottom. :(

OH NO =(. Hopefully Square enix offer replacement boxes... I asked Amazon to wrap my CE & LE carefully....And they're still not here... Normally I get stuff around 11-1...The wait is killing me...

OH NO =(. Hopefully Square enix offer replacement boxes... I asked Amazon to wrap my CE & LE carefully....And they're still not here... Normally I get stuff around 11-1...The wait is killing me...

I hope so. THere was a little Kingdom Heart's postcard sized piece of wartwork dropped in the box too, wasn't expecting that.

B4GvJpvIMAAfg77.jpg:large

Collector's Edition arrived, but it was battered by DPD... outer box is scuffed and dented on the bottom. :(

That sucks. Worth contact SE for a replacement, if they have any.

I never understand why noone goes the extra mile for ample packaging. After all, it's an £80 product so not exactly cheap by any means.

Mine has been delivered, so hopefully it's all good when I get to it.

Chilikar

Yoko Shimomura

Critical's difficulty has tapered out for now. Just finished the first round of world-hopping.

Wow I am incredibly jealous! It's great that you got a signature from her tho :)

There are some slow downs, when things get a little hectic but it hardly happens. There was a cutscene in the land of dragons where it does slow down, but it hardly matters cause it's not during gameplay.

That sucks. Worth contact SE for a replacement, if they have any.

I never understand why noone goes the extra mile for ample packaging. After all, it's an £80 product so not exactly cheap by any means.

Mine has been delivered, so hopefully it's all good when I get to it.

It came from SE direct, all it had was 4 bubble pockets protecting it.

Caladrius

Only notable case of slowdown I noticed was during Drive Form switching which can (and has to, if you like not-dying) be counteracted by pausing the game for 10 seconds while it loads.

The fat enemies in Agrabah that breathe fire are just the worst. And they always seem to target Sora and never turn their back to me. At least the regular fat enemies are stupid and just stand around most of the time.

Yeah, the fat bandits screwed me over several times during the Cave of Wonders fight.

Holmes

It's weird how the pirates' firearms were censored in Port Royal but the jack in the box Heartless in Christmas Town still have their musket weapons.

My limited edition box was destroyed :lol. I don't care really since the box is pretty lame compared to 1.5.

Why is the font in BBS so weiiiird

My limited edition box was destroyed :lol. I don't care really since the box is pretty lame compared to 1.5.

Damn :( So much box carnage >.<

I contacted SE and they seemed genuinely concerned about the matter, which I found odd based on my experiences with other 'chat' based Customer Service teams. Escalated up, and they've requested to see pictures.

Dereck

Is there a list of things that I can create in BBS, so I'm not aimlessly combining stuff hoping that I don't get duds in result

I know it's not that damaged, and it's not something anyone was interested in (and I hope all your boxes arrive safely), but here is how mine arrived:

This is how it was packed, so it wasn't really protected with the Game Box touching the packaging for the most part.

And that's the 'damage'. I appreciate it's not a total destruction of the box, but it's disappointing to have never had it in 'mint' condition for something that's a pretty nice Collector's Edition.
Hopefully Square Enix can arrange something out, I'd happily sing their praises here and on twitter if they did.

Dereck

I know it's not that damaged, and it's not something anyone was interested in (and I hope all your boxes arrive safely), but here is how mine arrived:

This is how it was packed, so it wasn't really protected with the Game Box touching the packaging for the most part.

And that's the 'damage'. I appreciate it's not a total destruction of the box, but it's disappointing to have never had it in 'mint' condition for something that's a pretty nice Collector's Edition.
Hopefully Square Enix can arrange something out, I'd happily sing their praises here and on twitter if they did.
That's still bullshit imo

Man, BBS command melding was so addictive... Can't wait to do that stuff again, lol. It was fun creating such powerful magic early in the game. Shame 3D didn't have something like that.

I think it's more fun not knowing what you get from melding. It's not like you need some of the better command since you can just wreck the game with almost any shotlock+mine commands that you can just buy from moogle shops. I might try getting some of the end game character exclusive commands early for some character tho for change.

Command Melding>>>any of that Pokemon stuff from DDD.

tookhster

Trying to decide on whether to get this now or wait for the CE to magically appear back in stock (I put my e-mail on the list). I originally pre-ordered it, but had to cancel for some Black Friday shopping $$$. I greatly regret that now, I want that steelbook and art book soooo bad.

KH2 was like the pivotal point in my childhood. I was never so hyped for a game and remember bringing in magazines and shit to school because I couldn't wait. Can't wait to re-experience that with Final Mix, and better music. I also never played BBS (no PSP), which kinda made me lose interest with the series since it was huge plot-wise.

Andrefpvs

I just remembered that when I first played one of the stories in BbS, I kept soft resetting in the first world for that small chance that one of your command melds (I don't remember the details) would turn into EXP Walker
IJECJ.gif

I eventually got it and the first world was basically me leveling up all the time just from going from place to place :p

Dereck

I just remembered that when I first played one of the stories in BbS, I kept soft resetting in the first world for that small chance that one of your command melds (I don't remember the details) would turn into EXP Walker
IJECJ.gif

I eventually got it and the first world was basically me leveling up all the time just from going from place to place :p
Wow

Kain

This game is bliss, mang.

If it weren't for the longer load times (seriously, what's up with this?) it would be perfect.

I forget, if you take one of your party members out (like Donald) and replace them with a World specific character (like Mulan), does he still gain exp? I want to say they didn't in Kingdom Hearts 1, but I can't remember and could be wrong about that.

Holmes

I forget, if you take one of your party members out (like Donald) and replace them with a World specific character (like Mulan), does he still gain exp? I want to say they didn't in Kingdom Hearts 1, but I can't remember and could be wrong about that.
Yes. They did in KH1 too.

This game is bliss, mang.

If it weren't for the longer load times (seriously, what's up with this?) it would be perfect.
It's cause of BR disc read speed of PS3. They really could have added optional install.

Regular load times are okayish but from the quick test run of BBS the D-link load is terrible.

I hope so. THere was a little Kingdom Heart's postcard sized piece of wartwork dropped in the box too, wasn't expecting that.

B4GvJpvIMAAfg77.jpg:large

That was a bonus for ordering direct from SE. My outer plastic had similar marks but the box itself is fine, except for an impression from something on the back... Yours looks much worse. My LE was perfect though . The amazon box didnt even have any padding despite me asking them to put some in -_-. They put the standard useless paper thing they like to use.

EDIT- I have the same kind of dent you have on the top on my bottom as well -_-. It's less noticeable though =/.

Holmes

Oh okay. I don't know why I thought they didn't. That's one of the reasons why I rarely used world-characters because I was afraid they (donald/goofy) didn't gain full exp, lol.
I never used world-exclusive enemies in the first game because otherwise I couldn't activate the trinity marks.

Top Bottom