• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Ishida

Banned
I might be going crazy, but are the load times on the PS2 version of KH2 faster? Granted, I was 16 I think way back when and then 17 or 18 when I played KH2 final mix.

I bought the game today and played a while. Yes, definitely, the loading times here are longer than in the original.

Is the extra content extremely annoying to do like it was in the FM of the first game? I gave right up as soon as I saw the new synthesis recipes and the stupidly annoying new Heartless that you needed to get the new materials from.

FUCK SNIPER WILDS

Its significantly less irritating than that, but still...different. The Mushroom XIII guys kind of make sense

Caladrius

I managed to beat Marluxia without Second chance or Once more in a... not astronomical amount of tries (it was about 65 or so tries if I'm not mistaken). Kinda regret not beating Larxene, but I suppose there's only so much I can do (considering I barely had any ethers for that fight.)

Squishy3

Its significantly less irritating than that, but still...different. The Mushroom XIII guys kind of make sense
Well, I was pissed about the new synthesis recipes and how you had to fight the new Heartless, in addition to increasing the level of every optional boss significantly. In the original game, I think I had the Ultima Keychain and beat Sephiroth at level 55. In FM I couldn't even beat the first Titan at around the same level. I did next to no damage and he killed me in 2 hits.

Meowster

Lol, damn, I'm on Proud and already stuck on Hercules's world when you have to run away from Hades. Wtf. I remember KHII being so much easier. Lost lol.

Caladrius

Well, I was pissed about the new synthesis recipes and how you had to fight the new Heartless, in addition to increasing the level of every optional boss significantly. In the original game, I think I had the Ultima Keychain and beat Sephiroth at level 55. In FM I couldn't even beat the first Titan at around the same level. I did next to no damage and he killed me in 2 hits.

Sephiroth (the only extra boss in KH2 vanilla worth a rat's ass) can still be beaten at a very reasonable level (though not without a lot of difficulty). I managed to beat him at level 57 or so.

There's no ridiculous shit like the Truffle and Sniperwilds, but there are synthesis items that you have to acquire from the Mushroom XIII and Cavern of Remembrance. That said the former is very easy to farm from and the CoR synthesis items can be sweeped up nicely with gravity abuse and drop-rate modifiers.

Lol, damn, I'm on Proud and already stuck on Hercules's world when you have to run away from Hades. Wtf. I remember KHII being so much easier. Lost lol.
That's probably one of the hardest segments in the game. Destroy the lance soldiers with extreme prejudice and take their reaction command whenever possible. Make sure to have Auron out so you can use his limit to put a massive dent in the final wave of enemies.

Seda

I struggled a little bit there on Critical. I went back and gained one level with a defense plus and that made it significantly easier.

The Lamp

I quit my replay of KH2 years ago on proud because of that hades segment.

I dread revisiting it this time in critical.

Seda

finished dance water dance round 1 and get up on the hydra's back.

"Sora. Donald. Goofy." count = 12

Falk

that puzzling face
9H1GJSy.jpg

omg

getting 1shot by lancers is a good time

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So i was listening to the GT review talking about how the series takes itself a little too seriously at times, and than i thought really hard about it. The Roxas and Unknown 13 are some of the coolest stuff! But they also feel kind of out of place. Does anyone else kind of wish they were part of a separate game? Like before kingdom Hearts II, where they weren't in the game, but rather they got their own game and story instead?

The only thing stopping me from buying this game tomorrow is the possibility of a PS4 game that is 60fps, this game is already 30fps/1080p so it's already awesome but I'm still dreaming, I can't decide!

Psxphile

To think, if we got the original.

AquasBackcomparison.jpg

(censored on left, original on right)
The original *is* the "censored" one, ya nut. Look at the dates on that pic.

So i was listening to the GT review talking about how the series takes itself a little too seriously at times, and than i thought really hard about it. The Roxas and Unknown 13 are some of the coolest stuff! But they also feel kind of out of place. Does anyone else kind of wish they were part of a separate game? Like before kingdom Hearts II, where they weren't in the game, but rather they got their own game and story instead?

But they did.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Ewww. The Atlantica rhythm game is so bad. You have to hit the notes slightly early because you'll get a bad if you hit perfectly with the beat. Super irritating now that I'm an experienced rhythm player unlike I was last time I played.

Port Royale's music is sooo much better now. No super soakers either.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

That's the point. It would not be a JRPG without melodrama, and it would not be disney without comedy and happy fun time. GT seems to miss the point

The only thing stopping me from buying this game tomorrow is the possibility of a PS4 game that is 60fps, this game is already 30fps/1080p so it's already awesome but I'm still dreaming, I can't decide!

Don't hold your breath, buy the PS3 version. You won't regret it

Seda

That's the point. It would not be a JRPG without melodrama, and it would not be disney without comedy and happy fun time. GT seems to miss the point

It was probably reviewed by Damiani, who is actually a pretty big Kingdom Hearts fan.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It was probably reviewed by Damiani, who is actually a pretty big Kingdom Hearts fan.

I don't know the name, but i know the voice of the guy also voices a shit ton of KH stuff on GT including that hour long KH timeline video they did.

I don't know how big a fan the guy is of the series, but its just an odd complaint to make to me. I'd understand a knock for convolution, but 'taking itself too seriously' isn't a common complaint that automatically comes to mind when your thinking about this genre

It was, and he broke my heart by calling 2FM and BBSFM ''the best in the series''. How could you?

Waiting for my game to arrive. If it doesn't today I will melt.

Lightning

Banned
Is the extra content extremely annoying to do like it was in the FM of the first game? I gave right up as soon as I saw the new synthesis recipes and the stupidly annoying new Heartless that you needed to get the new materials from.

FUCK SNIPER WILDS
I hate obtaining Power Stones in KH1FM with a passion. Sniper Wilds are the worst enemy in the series.

Closely followed by that stupid one where 5 of them line up and then do like a magic hats and you have to constantly pause the game to see where the fucker went. That shit is tedious as hell, I think that's for Lightning Stones.

Fuck those special heartless in KH1FM.

Groof

Argh Amazon couldn't charge my card for whatever reason and unless it works the next time they try I might miss out on this stupid pre-order thing. They also pushed back the estimated arrival time :(((((((

LAA

Great, today may suck.
DPD status for my CE is...they have not received the parcel.... As of 9:15am. I don't know whether if they can get it later, theres a chance I can still get it today, or perhaps its just a placeholder message or something, but hopes arent high...

Gonna be so annoyed and depressed if it doesnt arrive today. It may very well be the most hyped game for me this year. Hope DPD qualifies for £5 compensation from ShopTo too if it doesnt arrive.

Luigi87

Ugh, the boss fight in Port Royal took me way too many tries on my lv.1 run... The people who can do these things with Restrictions just blow my mind. Also I really hate fighting pirates on the ship.

Well, onward to Agrabah!

SykoTech

Is there any way to turn off subtitles?

Going through KHII first (Critical, Lvl 1, no looking back...hopefully) and I can't seem to figure it out.

LAA

AWESOME!! THE CE CAME. Looks like it was a mistake on the DPD website!
Day made!

EDIT: ...Oh...Wtf...It was actually the KH 1.5/2.5 OST... Wasnt expecting that till later december...
Well, doubt the CE is coming today...

AWESOME!! THE CE CAME. Looks like it was a mistake on the DPD website!
Day made!

EDIT: ...Oh...Wtf...It was actually the KH 1.5/2.5 OST... Wasnt expecting that till later december...
Well, doubt the CE is coming today...

huh.... I didn't even receive a shipping e-mail about my CE from SE. Supposed to be delivered this afternoon, however.

Hope that doesn't arrive trashed like my shopto one. At least the LE is still available in other places... not the CE.

LAA

huh.... I didn't even receive a shipping e-mail about my CE from SE. Supposed to be delivered this afternoon, however.

Hope that doesn't arrive trashed like my shopto one. At least the LE is still available in other places... not the CE.

You got the CE from ShopTo? And it came in trashed? Not looking forward to that....
It was the OST I got now from the SE Store, didn't get an email for dispatch either, it seemed they shipped it next day with DPD, (Hence why I presumed it was the CE). Bit disappointed it seems the OST contains Japanese versions of the vocal songs, hoped they would change. I know it doesnt matter for like...80-90% of the songs, but the openings and the disney songs espicially, I'm too used to the english versions of them.

Hoping theres still a chance the CE will come today, but they still apparently havent even received it yet... I know they can be a little slow to update at times though, or they update 2 or more statuses in 1 go sometimes. Not looking hopeful though.

You got the CE from ShopTo? And it came in trashed? Not looking forward to that....
It was the OST I got now from the SE Store, didn't get an email for dispatch either, it seemed they shipped it next day with DPD, (Hence why I presumed it was the CE). Bit disappointed it seems the OST contains Japanese versions of the vocal songs, hoped they would change. I know it doesnt matter for like...80-90% of the songs, but the openings and the disney songs espicially, I'm too used to the english versions of them.

Hoping theres still a chance the CE will come today, but they still apparently havent even received it yet... I know they can be a little slow to update at times though, or they update 2 or more statuses in 1 go sometimes. Not looking hopeful though.

Nah, I got the normal LE from shopto in their trademark jiffy bag. The LE itself is pretty weak in terms of packaging as it is.

The CE is from SE Store. I ordered the OST from CDJapan before they revealed SE Store availability - I think it works out cheaper from CDJapan, possibly.

Kinsei

Banned
I took out Larxene last night! Now I'm off to Halloween Town.

What are you guys doing with your gummi ships? I'm stacking up on power and lock on laser, changed the setting to full auto and blast way by tapping x every few seconds.

I'm using a doughnut ship that has 2 gravity cannons, a single engine (so I don't go too fast) and a laser (just in case the enemies are too far apart to get hit by the gravity bombs). Using this ship I can S rank almost all of the normal mission effortlessly.

LAA

Nah, I got the normal LE from shopto in their trademark jiffy bag. The LE itself is pretty weak in terms of packaging as it is.

The CE is from SE Store. I ordered the OST from CDJapan before they revealed SE Store availability - I think it works out cheaper from CDJapan, possibly.

Ah I see. Not that it justifys it, but yeah, the LE seemed weak for its packaging. Pretty thick for what was included.

Would have got the OST from elsewhere if it would end up cheaper, but was under the impression the OST from the EU store would have english tracks, oh well.

Andrefpvs

Thanks.

I never minded subtitles back in the day, but I rather turn them off these days unless the game's in Japanese. Oh well, maybe in KHIII.

Ever since they introduced the
χ-blade
, you don't want to play these games without subtitles :p

Ever since they introduced the
χ-blade
, you don't want to play these games without subtitles :p

This has to be one of the stupidest things in the series. I hate it but I do find it amusing how the whole concept just screams Nomura. Like, how the fuck did he even come up with that and how long did he build up to it. Did he plan for it since CoM/KH2 with the
obsession of letter X
or did he just happen to make it up as he went along.

Definitly cheaper, even if you get hit by custom fees (atleast in the UK). I ordered the CE and LE as well, hoping neither are crushed from Amazon UK-_-.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Has anyone confirmed whether this is 720p or 1080p w/o anti aliasing (a case like FFX) in 1080p mode ?

edit: I should read the OP more carefully.

Holy shit they got this running at 1080p on PS3 .. correct me if i'm wrong but 1.5 was 720p ? .. This is .. awesome.

It was, and he broke my heart by calling 2FM and BBSFM ''the best in the series''. How could you?

Waiting for my game to arrive. If it doesn't today I will melt.

But.. he's absolutely correct. KH2FM and BBS are easily the best games in the series. :p The only one that comes close is KH1, but I still feel like the other two are far better.

Has anyone confirmed whether this is 720p or 1080p w/o anti aliasing (a case like FFX) in 1080p mode ?

edit: I should read the OP more carefully.

Holy shit they got this running at 1080p on PS3 .. correct me if i'm wrong but 1.5 was 720p ? .. This is .. awesome.

Wait, this is 1080p? I just assumed it was 720p.

RPGCrazied

Yep. 2.5 is 1080p with 0 AA. 1.5 was weird, it was like 800 or 900p or something like that. Don't think it had AA either.

But.. he's absolutely correct. KH2FM and BBS are easily the best games in the series. :p The only one that comes close is KH1, but I still feel like the other two are far better.
#teamKH1

2.5 just arrived. Gonna pop this sucker in right away <3

I must be the only one in the world who thinks BBS doesn't come near KH1 and KH2. I mean, it's the third best IMO and great game. Definately one of PSPs best but it is one of those games where you can see the hardware holding it back just a bit too much. There's a lot to like about it certainly but the more I play it the more I prefer the first 2 major games as the best ones.

Necrovex

I couldn't resist and bought KH 2.5. I should watch the Chains of Memories playthrough and the DS title prior to its arrival on Tuesday. Gotta decide if I want to play on Proud or not. I have always been a baby about my difficulty selection.

Top Bottom