• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It baffles me as to why they made 2.5 with KH2, BBS, and KH ReCoded. They totally fucked up! lol. They could've made 2.5 with Recoded and 0.5 with BbS and DDD. XD

Man, BBS command melding was so addictive... Can't wait to do that stuff again, lol. It was fun creating such powerful magic early in the game. Shame 3D didn't have something like that.
I created Thundara and Blizzaga with fast reload and I am not out of Cinderella yet.
I have an addiction to melding!

Meowster

That's probably one of the hardest segments in the game. Destroy the lance soldiers with extreme prejudice and take their reaction command whenever possible. Make sure to have Auron out so you can use his limit to put a massive dent in the final wave of enemies.

I struggled a little bit there on Critical. I went back and gained one level with a defense plus and that made it significantly easier.

I quit my replay of KH2 years ago on proud because of that hades segment.

I dread revisiting it this time in critical.
Thank god. I thought I was just losing my touch since it has been years since I last replayed II (unlike the original game). Gonna try it again tonight, got so frustrated the other day that I just let it be for a day.

I never used world-exclusive enemies in the first game because otherwise I couldn't activate the trinity marks.

Yeah, that's probably an even bigger reason to never use the world-exclusive characters, lol.

I created Thundara and Blizzaga with fast reload and I am not out of Cinderella yet.
I have an addiction to melding!

I remember on my first Aqua playthrough, I stayed in the Cinderella world and created some pretty rare OP ability. Can't remember what it was now, but I was so addicted to it.

Dr Dogg

Well this is my weekend sorted (well if I can get out of the Christmas shenanigans). Though it's been a while since I've played KHII I can't remember is some of the textures were this far apart in quality from character to environment. Still having the UI at higher resolution is a plus. Just got to endure the opening segment now.

Bladenic

Owned Xaldin. Now I wonder how I ever had trouble with him or Demyx (though Demyx is somewhat luck based at that one part).

Owned Xaldin. Now I wonder how I ever had trouble with him or Demyx (though Demyx is somewhat luck based at that one part).
Demyx water clone timers were nerfed in Final Mix. I'm not 100% sure but I think Xaldin got nerfed as well. I too had trouble with him on my vanilla playtrough but not so much on critical FM. Maybe cause I knew the attacks and how to counter em.

The only story boss that really was a roadblock was the one they added in FM. Whole new boss to learn didn't help of course.

I remember on my first Aqua playthrough, I stayed in the Cinderella world and created some pretty rare OP ability. Can't remember what it was now, but I was so addicted to it.
I am playing as Aqua. Pumpkin was no problem with my level 2 spells. Proud may not be so bad with grinding.

That was a bonus for ordering direct from SE. My outer plastic had similar marks but the box itself is fine, except for an impression from something on the back... Yours looks much worse. My LE was perfect though . The amazon box didnt even have any padding despite me asking them to put some in -_-. They put the standard useless paper thing they like to use.

EDIT- I have the same kind of dent you have on the top on my bottom as well -_-. It's less noticeable though =/.

Ack I feel your pain :(

HeelPower

I fully understand the story is utter rubbish,

I know the story from an "objective" point of view is pretty terrible and convoluted, but I still love it.

This is just something perpetuated by GAF that I strongly disagree with.KH story isn't terrible.

The story is incredibly charming and likable with pretty good pacing.

Not to mention the nice blend of classic Disney and FF stories.

Its pretty damn good.At least KH 1,2 and BBS are great.

Falk

that puzzling face
This is just something perpetuated by GAF that I strongly disagree with.KH story isn't terrible.

The story is incredibly charming and likable with pretty good pacing.

Not to mention the nice blend of classic Disney and FF stories.

Its pretty damn good.At least KH 1,2 and BBS are great.

I wouldn't say it's terrible but it's very convoluted and a textbook case of going off the rails.

(which is the whole reason it's memorable don't get me wrong)

theofficefan99

Not only is the story terribly-paced and needlessly convoluted, but the characters are badly written and the dialogue is just atrocious...

That said, visuals are always great and crisp, music is really good, and the gameplay is outstanding.

theecakee

What do you all think is the possibility that KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD come to the Vita? They did it with FF X/X-2 HD but why not KH HD?

Long sad story short, I don't own my Ps3 anymore only a Vita for now. This series is the only game I wanted to play on the Ps3 that I could only play on the Ps3...so it doesn't make much sense to rebuy a Ps3 for it.

What do you all think is the possibility that KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD come to the Vita? They did it with FF X/X-2 HD but why not KH HD?

Long sad story short, I don't own my Ps3 anymore only a Vita for now. This series is the only game I wanted to play on the Ps3 that I could only play on the Ps3...so it doesn't make much sense to rebuy a Ps3 for it.
Extremely slim. Vita ain't getting much bigger deal in any region, resources for doing the port are probably very limited considering at least part of the team that made the collections are working on KH3 too and if there will be further ports it would be next gen over Vita.

FFX was announced for Vita before the thing bombed and probably had some Sony backing too.

Seda

Remind me.

Should I try to synthesize one of each recipe / free development item? I know you had to do this in KH1 to unlock more items, but what about here?

Remind me.

Should I try to synthesize one of each recipe / free development item? I know you had to do this in KH1 to unlock more items, but what about here?
This is totally tales out of my ass but IIRC mainly the reason why you'd need to synthesise anything is to gain moogle levels since you gain all the big new stuff from recipes. But I think you get more exp if you synth new items instead of repeats.

Also once you synth something you gain access to the improved version of that item.

Was the first boss in dive into the heart just hard because i dont have magic+dodge or any other abilities or is it just because I'm playing on critical?

Soulflarz

Banned
Remind me.

I think so? Its the XP that matters.
It cant hurt :V

Edit: this is a nonanswer. Basically, I want to say it matters, but I really dont think it does?

Bladenic

Cerberus Cup is so annoying. It's not hard but Cerberus won't stop spinning or jumping so it's hard to deal damage and you only have 2 minutes. Bullshit like this is why KH1 Coliseum is FAR better than KH2.

If I choose the sword w/hand guard (or something) and shield when in the Station of Serenity.. am I doubled down on Defence? Don't I have to give up something eventually?

Soulflarz

Banned
This.

DDD made it even more off the walls crazy.

Going to be honest- I really hate what DDD did to the KH story. It made sense for me in one. Two had a complex story when CoM+358/2 accounted for, but it still made sense.
BBS opened a ton of questions, but it made sense in its context, just not for sure how it connected to the later games.
Coded doesnt exist.
DDD...man. That ending made very little sense. It opened so many questions that had no answers, and without spoiling it, I really didnt like the direction since I think its going to be a "use ultimate....thing" to solve the problem.

Luigi87

If I choose the sword w/hand guard (or something) and shield when in the Station of Serenity.. am I doubled down on Defence? Don't I have to give up something eventually?

KH2 doesn't make you give something up. All it has is the initial stat booster at the Struggle, and then you choose your levelling path.

Ath

Huh so I had the limited edition preordered from Amazon, but they've sent me the standard edition instead. Dammit.

Afrocious

Also I'm so happy the FM cutscenes are voiced. Easily the best ones in the game. They do a great job setting up the org as villains with a plan from the beginning unlike in vanilla where they showed up in the second half of the game.

Caladrius

Tried Vexen's absent silhouette right away for kicks. It takes soooo long to lure the data collector away from Vexen. Could barely get any hits in because of that.

Holmes

Yeah, he is awesome.

How can I get these puzzle pieces in hallow bastion? One is above the synthesis shop on a little roof, and the other is on top of a house by Merlin's place.
High Jump level 2 for the one above the synth shop, and Glide for the one on above the roof of that house.

Top Bottom