• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys idk what just happened so I'm in the Mulan world and I believe I pressed drive, Sora instead of transforming into valor went into some heartless punching and kicking. Is that a glitch or wtf just happened?!

First playing KH2 so idk

Aforementioned Anti-Form

It's a random thing that occurs and is more likely to happen when you use Drive Forms, encounter the hooded guys, and less likely to happen when it does. A bunch of other things also modify that chance.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
o lawd 3

You should play grandia 2 to counteract that. Not as mindblowing as the original in terms of plot but I'll be damned if it wasn't an amazing game.

YOU! -shakes fist-

Grandia 3 was a great game IMO. Sure the story was straight forward 'light hearted' and fairly twist free, but so was my favorite JRPG of all time, Dark Cloud 2. I liked the battle system and the characters were inoffensive enough..

I did like Grandia 1 better however. As for Grandia 2, i have no idea how to play that. It was on DC, but the PS2 release....

Aforementioned Anti-Form

It's a random thing that occurs and is more likely to happen when you use Drive Forms, encounter the hooded guys, and less likely to happen when it does. A bunch of other things also modify that chance.

I did again apparently it happens when i enter drive mode close to an enemy especially against those Minotaur. So sora does no dmg in that state ?

Falk

that puzzling face
He does a shit ton of damage in Anti Form.

The caveat is you have no way to heal and can't use reaction commands (which is a death sentence during some bosses lolo)

Inuhanyou

I did again apparently it happens when i enter drive mode close to an enemy especially against those Minotaur. So sora does no dmg in that state ?

He does some damage and is faster, but cant go out of the form, cant do magic and your party goes away.

Can somehow please jog my memory cause i'm trying to level up my DF's, what is the max level they can go to?

Cause i'm on six for valor, and wont let me go higher

Falk

that puzzling face
YOU! -shakes fist-

Grandia 3 was a great game IMO. Sure the story was straight forward 'light hearted' and fairly twist free, but so was my favorite JRPG of all time, Dark Cloud 2. I liked the battle system and the characters were inoffensive enough..

I did like Grandia 1 better however. As for Grandia 2, i have no idea how to play that. It was on DC, but the PS2 release....

Grandia 3 was a super fun time, great(est in series) combat, excellent music.

However if you were to judge JRPG plots by how much you recall years later, I pretty much remember the entire plot, plus every character, town and even enemy names from Grandia 1. All I recall of Grandia 3 is the main character had some kind of sister complex and there was a gypsy lady with big boobs. Oh yeah, and elf love interest because why not.

He does some damage and is faster, but cant go out of the form, cant do magic and your party goes away.

Can somehow please jog my memory cause i'm trying to level up my DF's, what is the max level they can go to?

Cause i'm on six for valor, and wont let me go higher

I maxed out at 3 maybe that's the limit for Mulan world, I've been grinding and doesn't seem to go further.

Inuhanyou

I maxed out at 3 maybe that's the limit for Mulan world, I've been grinding and doesn't seem to go further.

That's the gauge number your at, not the level of the form itself. Every drive form(except anti form) level's up independently to its own level.

Caladrius

I figured out the problem, Two Become One's ability doesn't activate unless you're in combat.

While we're on the subject the best way to earn Final Form is to go to the underworld and enter the Cerberus Cup with Two Become One equipped. Immediately enter a form and if you end up switching to Anti-form, pause and choose retry. Bam, you still have a full gauge and can form change again. Repeat until you get it.

If you do get Final Form, laugh maniacally as you tear the Cerberus Cup to pieces.

The caveat is you have no way to heal and can't use reaction commands (which is a death sentence during some bosses lolo)

On critical mode, "Some" is nearly fucking all of them.

Lightning

Banned

I hate this form in critical mode. Not being able to block and use reaction commands is a death sentence in most cases you are taking heavy damage anyway without the assistance of anti form making it worse.

In most cases 2 hits kills you.

Inuhanyou

Grandia 3 was a super fun time, great(est in series) combat, excellent music.

However if you were to judge JRPG plots by how much you recall years later, I pretty much remember the entire plot, plus every character, town and even enemy names from Grandia 1. All I recall of Grandia 3 is the main character had some kind of sister complex and there was a gypsy lady with big boobs. Oh yeah, and elf love interest because why not.

So it was fairly pedestrian, not everything can be complex and thought provoking!

Also....i think your giving underestimating the moe factor of elves in fantasy-ish settings. That factor is not insignificant.

Bladenic

A lot of the Final Mix-exclusive content is pretty much built around Wisdom form, which at least gives it some good uses.

Yeah, I find it both legitimately endearing and ridiculous at the same time, so with a couple of exceptions
coughhackdayswheeze
I find it enjoyable even at some of its low points.

Oh? Like what/how?

Also now I've beaten Vexen, Zexion, and Larxene AS. Will do Lexaeus once I go back to TT. However Marluxia will have to wait. His attacks that target your health are incredibly powerful and annoying, and I don't have the patience considering he has a TON of health compared to the other guys.

Larxene's fight may be my favorite though, just crazy fast and chaotic and she probably has the best display of her respective element from all the organization.

Guys idk what just happened so I'm in the Mulan world and I believe I pressed drive, Sora instead of transforming into valor went into some heartless punching and kicking. Is that a glitch or wtf just happened?!

First time playing KH2 so idk

Ahh your first time meeting Anti form I see. Its a punishment for using Drive Forms. You take double damage and lose party members. Also you have to wait for the drive gauge to run down or go to another area. Its brutal in Proud or Crit to get hit as anti Sora and pretty much lose off that so be careful.

Final Form reduces the chances of Anti Form and is the only form that doesn't add to the invisible Anti Form meter for each use of Valor, Wisdom, Master and Limit I believe.

Edit: God damn I got ninjaed so hard!

Caladrius

Oh? Like what/how?

There's three mushrooms that are impossible or much more difficult to complete unless you make use of Wisdom form, if my memory isn't too hazy.

The first is outside the Imperial Palace in the Land of Dragons. You have to KO 75 or so Mushrooms without getting hit. Wisdom form is notably the only form that can use basic attacks in any direction while running. You basically kite the mushrooms while killing them by circling around the arena in Wisdom Form and shooting them.

The second is outside the old mansion. You basically play laser tag as you shoot down mushrooms with Wisdom form (it takes too long to reach them on foot)

The third (which I'm not 100% sure on) is in the Hercules world where you fight Demyx. You have to take out all the waves of mushrooms within the time limit using magic. It was either wisdom or Master form that was best suited for the task.

And Data Demyx is extremely difficult without using Wisdom Form's variation of Firaga, which is specialized for damaging enemies over a wide area and can take out dozens of water clones within seconds.

Psxphile

For all your Anti-Form questions: http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Anti_Form

Pretty succinct. One thing it doesn't cover that trophy hunters should be aware of is that Anti-Form won't activate unless you're in a battle (Sora is in battle-stance).

EDIT: oh yeah, progress... just completed Agrabah and then treated to *that* cutscene.
If Axel is supposed to be on the run from the Org at this point (something one of the new FM cutscenes makes perfectly clear), how is it he's got Dusks on his side?

Guys giving all the AP to Sora is correct thing to do right? In KH1.5 I use to distribute it evenly, but I feel like Sora should have it all.

LAA

Sigh. I'm so let down. DPD still claim they haven't received the parcel from ShopTo, so probably won't get today either, so won't have it 2 days after launch either..., so now I'm worried it's been lost...which is very bad as it's the CE I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on another one if they have... absolutely devastating. ShopTo say they're looking into it, guess we'll see. They ruined the launch and my birthday :(

Curious to know if anyone who ordered the CE from ShopTo received there's yet. Wondering about UK in general too.

I was worried about Proud Mode but I am having no issue with BBS currently. Main thing is do no get hit and have Cure commands ready.

I was worried about Proud Mode but I am having no issue with BBS currently. Main thing is do no get hit and have Cure commands ready.

Playing KH2 in proud mode is a tad bit demanding but valor mode goes thru everything lol

The gummi missions I just shoot at random idk even know what I'm doing lol customizing seems more complicated now.

Kinsei

Banned
Playing KH2 in proud mode is a tad bit demanding but valor mode goes thru everything lol

The gummi missions I just shoot at random idk even know what I'm doing lol customizing seems more complicated now.

For gummi missions create a square ship with no center and attach as many cannons as possible. Boom, you are now pretty much invincible.

First time i went anti was during the (boss fight name)
xaldin
managed to do a ton of damage as anti sora

Ath

Annoying. I contacted Amazon UK after they sent me the standard edition instead of the limited edition. Unfortunately the limited edition is sold out now so they can't replace it. :(

I'll get a refund and then I'll have to settle for the standard edition. Oh well.

LAA

Annoying. I contacted Amazon UK after they sent me the standard edition instead of the limited edition. Unfortunately the limited edition is sold out now so they can't replace it. :(

I'll get a refund and then I'll have to settle for the standard edition. Oh well.

A lot of retailers seem to be messing up orders on this game... I havent even got the game yet. I'm just praying the Collectors Edition hasnt been lost and theres an error or something. It'll kill me to know I won't be able to get it.

Metalmarc

Wtf amazon pre-ordered limited edition for my girlfriend for xmas , received standard edition in the mail today

Amazon (uk) have sold out of the ltd edition and standard edition now, only marketplace sellers have it
:(

Just emailed them, don't really wanna give up this even though its only the standard edition , cos its all sold out now on amazon.

Edit: just posted this without reading comments above me, seems its happened all over the uk

LAA

Wtf amazon pre-ordered limited edition for my girlfriend for xmas , received standard edition in the mail today

Amazon (uk) have sold out of the ltd edition and standard edition now, only marketplace sellers have it
:(

Just emailed them, don't really wanna give up this even though its only the standard edition , cos its all sold out now on amazon.

Edit: just posted this without reading comments above me, seems its happened all over the uk

Collectors Edition for me, DPD seem sure they don't have the parcel, but I think its on ShopTo's end... Annoyingly closed on weekend, so probably wont get further answers or be able to play the damn game until after the weekend...

Not to be inconsiderate, but it seems the Limited Edition isnt as big of a deal as the 1.5 LE was. Simply a cardboard box with the standard game inside and the badge inside. Though in your situation, yeah I would still prefer the LE, if only for the special box alone. Wish you luck with it dude.

Inuhanyou

Quite a few of the songs are missing the "punch" of the originals....The other promise for example was destroyed too...the crazy piano is no longer present in the backround of that song unfortunately..the conversion from the ps2 synth is obvious.

Of course, they aren't all bad, he's a pirate for example is notably better than the weak imitation of the ps2 version..

Pretty succinct. One thing it doesn't cover that trophy hunters should be aware of is that Anti-Form won't activate unless you're in a battle (Sora is in battle-stance).

Silly question, but is there a trophy of finishing the game without ever activating Anti-Form?
I spent much of my time in the original game years back resetting when I get to this state, and I later saw the end result screen saying the number of times I had it activated was "0".

BTW, bought the game today. Probably won't even start on this until I finish 1.5, and I still have a couple of other games to go through.

Holmes

Silly question, but is there a trophy of finishing the game without ever activating Anti-Form?
I spent much of my time in the original game years back resetting when I get to this state, and I later saw the end result screen saying the number of times I had it activated was "0".
No, but there's a trophy for activating it 13 times. Which should be fun since I've yet to activate it once. I think I'll grind for it with the Light & Dark ability.

No, but there's a trophy for activating it 13 times. Which should be fun since I've yet to activate it once. I think I'll grind for it with the Light & Dark ability.

There's a keyblade you get that makes you turn into Anti-Form 100% of the time... no need to grind.

Oh you're right, I read it wrong. "Obtained randomly after the event at Memory’s Skyscraper at The World That Never Was".

Is that Keyblade 'Two become One?' It's ability description is 'Light & Dark'. It was from the final mix version, I remember seeing this key in 358/2 days.
Yup, that's the one.

Wow I never knew there was an optional cutscene with Seifer if you went to the sandlot instead of the station right at the befinninvwith Sora.

Shahed

Oh my god KH2 has the same problem as the first game in it's opening l, but somehow manages to make it worse. The forced inverted controls are annoying as anything. Just let me open the Start Menu and go Settings to fix it! You'll let me soon enough anyway.

Holmes

I'm gonna unequip Auto Limit, at least for now. It's becoming too much of a nuisance. Was fighting the boss battle during my second trip to Land of the Dragons, and instead of pressing triangle to hang on to the boss' back, I always activated Mulan's limit and fell off.

Meowster

FINALLY beat all those damn one-shotters during the escape from Hades! Good god was that hard!
ed2305b7.png

Top Bottom