• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Afrocious

I have a question about journal completion. For the plat, do I need to have the mickey ears symbol beside every mission/minigame? Like the Mushroom XIII ones, or "beat x mini-game under x time"?

Seconding this question.

Where's a good place to train up Master form?

Back in the day, I'd go to Land of Dragons. Before the empreror's throne room, there's his hallway where those minotaur heartless spawn. They drop a ton of Drive balls. I just kept running through there until I was maxed out.

Caladrius

The Transport to remembrance is fucking awful. Let's stick a pack of stunlocking and projecttile users in close quarters.

Assholes.

At the end of the game go to Yen Sid's tower with Sweet Memories and Oathkeeper equipped. The second chamber (the brown one) has a bunch of gamblers. Keep winning the minigames and they'll spit out Drive Orbs.

Afrocious

The Transport to remembrance is fucking awful. Let's stick a pack of stunlocking and projecttile users in close quarters.

Assholes.

Are you talking about that hallway to the Data fights? I swear the fight before the door is the hardest part of the entire game.

Bladenic

In Mystery Tower, theres a room with four gamblers. Go into Master Form, make sure to have Sweet Memories and maybe Drive Converter equipped (if you have it, if not Sweet Memories is good) and win at their minigames (dice or card doesn't matter). If all 4 are on the ground you'll get a ton of drive orbs. Best part is that if you screw up and get turned into a dice or card, when you revert you'll be at max drive gauge for the form (aka it resets).

Caladrius

Are you talking about that hallway to the Data fights? I swear the fight before the door is the hardest part of the entire game.

Yes. It really fucking is. I'm glad they at least let you go back between the individual sections, because God knows it'd be damned near impossible otherwise.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wow, Critical endgame (not post-game, I mean the final few fights through TWTNW to
Xemnas
) is a lot easier than I remember.

Everything dies so fast that there's no endurance testing at all.
Roxas
? One good reaction command and you destroy him before he gets his weapon back.

Sure, you mess up and you're dead. But then one quick continue and you simply get to retry. You essentially have to pass pretty much one litmus test per fight and you win.

(Of course I'm gonna go get my backside handed to me with postgame now)

Assholes.

I've always found that liberal use of Magnega, Reflectga and (most importantly) Magnet Splash makes that bit way easier, even on Critical Mode.

Fuck Dancers, though. Worst enemy in the game by far.

Bladenic

I didn't die, but was there some way to dodge Xigbar's flurry of bullets where he teleports to a single square area? Once More and Second Chance kept me alive but it was still annoying.

I didn't die, but was there some way to dodge Xigbar's flurry of bullets where he teleports to a single square area? Once More and Second Chance kept me alive but it was still annoying.

Use dodge roll and stick to the corner to dodge the initial shots. When he fires the continuous stream of bollets, lock on to him and run a perfect circle around him until the attack ends. This video helps demonstrate what I mean.

Bladenic

Use dodge roll and stick to the corner to dodge the initial shots. When he fires the continuous stream of bollets, lock on to him and run a perfect circle around him until the attack ends. This video helps demonstrate what I mean.

Thanks. I remember doing that way back in the PS2 version (or rather I kept dying till I figured that out to survive) but I didn't die here so I didn't figure it out again.

Luigi87

I realized something about Kingdom Hearts II that differs from the first game (which I only realized when I beat KHFM HD).

At the end of the first game when you see Mickey, his ears aren't technically directly connected to his head. They programmed it so while they're on his head (of course), their facing is always toward the camera no matter how Mickey turned his head. This way his trademark silhouette always is on display.

In KH2 that isn't the case at all.

Kinsei

Banned
I have a question about journal completion. For the plat, do I need to have the mickey ears symbol beside every mission/minigame? Like the Mushroom XIII ones, or "beat x mini-game under x time"?

Yes you do. Be thankful you only have to get a B rank on the mushroom 13 and not an S rank.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh come on, even then S rank on the mushrooms still isn't as bad as 1.5 Pink Agaricus with messed up triangle

Getting the items required for synthesis was easy even with the messed up triangle. Getting the prime cap was he hard part, and that was completely optional. Getting all S ranks was harder than getting the cap IMO. I'm really not looking forward to S ranking the Timeless River mushroom again.

Falk

that puzzling face
Z0fHQax.jpg

can't get over how ridiculous this looks

RPGCrazied

Wow, some of those new cutscenes are really cool, and fleshes out the story better. How many in total? I know for a fact the one I saw was new.

Seda

Dumb story question.

In KH2 , we see a flashback where Mickey is talking to Ansem the Wise, and then Terranort comes in, which is the first time Mickey sees him. Ansem scolds Xehanort and he leaves.

After the events of Birth by Sleep. Why doesnt Mickey suspect...anything here?

Weiss

Banned
Dumb story question.

In KH2 , we see a flashback where Mickey is talking to Ansem the Wise, and then Terranort comes in, which is the first time Mickey sees him. Ansem scolds Xehanort and he leaves.

If I remember correctly, Mickey just didn't put the pieces together that this Xehanort was connected to the other.

What likely happened was that Master Xehanort bodyjacking Terra and using his own name wasn't decided on until BBS came out. At the time, that was supposed to be "Xehanort" and the villain from the first game was his Heartless.

Kinsei

Banned
Dumb story question.

Cause Yen Sid redecorated.

It's a plot hole

Last fight was tough because he kept countering, but I won after 10 tries.
The trick was timing the magic attacks.
Edit: Oh yeah to get the secret end you have to beat Proud with all three characters. Terra will be interesting.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Dumb story question.

Isn't it because
Terranort resembles Terra visually but looks more like Xehanort when he was young so Mickey didn't suspect anything?
. Two different people.

sappyday

I would like to be active in this thread but my copy is still stuck with UPS and isn't slated to come until Monday, when I ordered the game on Wednesday with one day shipping. :(

I must say the delay of me getting this game has made me more cynical towards the two events that happened.

Luigi87

omg, finally to the game midpoint, but the
Demyx fight and the Heartless section after
in Hollow Bastion are a nightmare at lv.1... I've watched videos of expert players do these sections (even with restrictions), and I am struggling like mad @_@

Isn't it because
Terranort resembles Terra visually but looks more like Xehanort when he was young so Mickey didn't suspect anything?
. Two different people.

It's more than likely because the details regarding Xehanort probably weren't set in stone at that point, though Mickey not putting two and two together because of what you mention does serve as a convenient excuse.

Seems pretty clear that some aspects of future games were decided on beforehand, though. Xigbar is practically a walking Birth by Sleep advertisement.

Weiss

Banned
It's more than likely because the details regarding Xehanort probably weren't set in stone at that point, though Mickey not putting two and two together because of what you mention does serve as a convenient excuse.

Seems pretty clear that some aspects of future games were decided on beforehand, though. Xigbar is practically a walking Birth by Sleep advertisement.

Yeah they definitely had plans for the future, but they drastically changed later on. Recall KH2's secret ending where
Terra, Aqua, and Ventus meet up in the Graveyard and each take what are pretty clearly Sora, Riku, and Mickey's Keyblades. Then when the second part of the video came in Final Mix, it's more like Birth By Sleep, with no dual wielding Keyblades.

I still think, originally, Terra *was* going to be "Xehanort." That he would kill Master Xehanort, take his name, and become one of Ansem's apprentices.

Afrocious

Falk, that square red ship is exactly what I just made after finishing the route to Atlantica. Managed to get my first S ranking. Yeah, the donut trick is glorious. Just shove as many guns as you can on that thing and you're golden.

Oh yeah, don't know how important this is, but if you're going for the KH2 platinum, use Mickey at least once and try and turn to Anti-Form as much as possible.

Falk

that puzzling face
I still can't get over the hilarity of what a convenient deus ex machina the
explosion of Ansem's gadget turning Riku back into his old appearance
is.

It's like "Oh why the hell not" with no explanation whatsoever.

Afrocious

I still can't get over the hilarity of what a convenient deus ex machina the
explosion of Ansem's gadget turning Riku back into his old appearance
is.

It's like "Oh why the hell not" with no explanation whatsoever.

Hey, since you platted the game, mind telling me what kind of gummi blocks you used to get the gummi trophies? namely getting an S on all EX missions.

Falk

that puzzling face
Essentially that red ring stayed, but I eventually swapped to one of each projectile (since they have different firing patterns) for a maximum coverage when stationary. Then I pumped 3x Cannon Up for abilities, made two Teeny Ships with even more projectiles, and went from there.

Each EX route was essentially deciding if Mission 1 or 2 EX was less cancerous then modifying that base design to fit (e.g. "use 6 shields" or "use 4 lasers" or whatever)

Afrocious

Essentially that red ring stayed, but I eventually swapped to one of each projectile (since they have different firing patterns) for a maximum coverage when stationary. Then I pumped 3x Cannon Up for abilities, made two Teeny Ships with even more projectiles, and went from there.

Each EX route was essentially deciding if Mission 1 or 2 EX was less cancerous then modifying that base design to fit (e.g. "use 6 shields" or "use 4 lasers" or whatever)

I see what you mean. I thought EX missions would be harder with more enemies. If it's just adding abilities/blocks then I think I'm good.

Did you end up having to S-rank every single mission in the game? I see you need to get every blueprint.

Also, did you have to get the best target score for every minigame in the game?

Falk

that puzzling face
You only need to do Mission 2 for each route for special blueprints, except for Assault on the Dreadnought which gives one blueprint for 1/2/3, and there's one more blueprint (the original KH1 gummi) that drops somewhere which I can't remember.

That aside, you only need to S-Rank 1 of each normal route and one of each EX route which are their own discrete trophies.

Also the minigame question has no one answer. I guess the easiest way to put it is "see what Jiminy's Journal says on each bullet point"

Seda

Finished off the second half of some of the worlds. Not really worrying about gummi ship or minigames or extra bosses until I finish up the most of the main story stuff.

Even with critical, I feel like most of the game is too easy. It was better early on, but once I got to, say, Port Royal, the challenge disappeared. Bosses are especially simple.

Top Bottom