• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Bladenic

One thing I wish they added in terms of cutscenes is a scene showing
Kairi getting away from Axel and being caught by Saïx.
Though really the second half of the game kinda drops the ball with Axel and what he's doing.

RPGCrazied

Oh neat, I beat an absent silhouette. Zexion. Not really hard at level 28. Only had problems with being in the book and turning the pages, ugh. How come no trophy for killing these? All I got was a recipe for a ring, which I can't make yet. Some of those mats look like they drop on the last world?

MechaX

Oh man, I forgot how bad Aeris's VA was in KH2. I wouldn't even be exaggerating if I said that if this performance was in Chaos Wars, I wouldn't even have batted an eye.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Oh man, I forgot how bad Aeris's VA was in KH2. I wouldn't even be exaggerating if I said that if this performance was in Chaos Wars, I wouldn't even have batted an eye.

As i said, dried seaweed mixed with sandpaper. Seriously, worst voice in the game by far

Bladenic

So after experiencing it for myself, the (late boss FM+ spoiler)
Roxas battle
is one of my favorite boss battles in the series. Just epic. Truly a dumbfounded decision that it wasn't included in the vanilla version.

Edit: lmao saw the infamous reunion scene aka
"oh hi Kairi... OMFG RIKU I MISSED YOU OMG THE TEARS"

Caladrius

Oh neat, I beat an absent silhouette. Zexion. Not really hard at level 28. Only had problems with being in the book and turning the pages, ugh. How come no trophy for killing these? All I got was a recipe for a ring, which I can't make yet. Some of those mats look like they drop on the last world?

Remembrance materials drop in the Cavern/Depths of Remembrance, and Dense/Twilight Materials drop in the World That Never Was.

Roxas battle
is one of my favorite boss battles in the series. Just epic. Truly a dumbfounded decision that it wasn't included in the vanilla version.

2 Vanilla was pretty rushed in general.

Lightning

Banned
I need a
Manifest Illusion? Trying to make the Draw Ring
What the fuck... I don't recall these from the first KH2 game.

Caladrius

Form Grinding is always my least favorite part of the game.

I need a
Manifest Illusion? Trying to make the Draw Ring
What the fuck... I don't recall these from the first KH2 game.

They're new to the Final Mix version. They're an upgrade to the Serenity Crystal recipe (earned at Moogle level 8). You can also find several in the Depths of Remembrance.

Bladenic

Form Grinding is always my least favorite part of the game.

Maybe it's because I kept up with my form leveling throughout the game instead of saving it all for the end, but I didn't think it was that bad. Valor and Limit are super easy with the mushroom in Agrabah, Wisdom is easy with Land of Dragons cave or World That Never Was first area, and Master is super easy with the gambler trick in Mystery Tour. Final Form might still be a pain, haven't started leveling it but I'm only before the last 2 Org. 13 fights.

I haven't even summoned once in this game yet, and I forgot how to even level the summons or the tricks to it.

Kinsei

Banned
Maybe it's because I kept up with my form leveling throughout the game instead of saving it all for the end, but I didn't think it was that bad. Valor and Limit are super easy with the mushroom in Agrabah, Wisdom is easy with Land of Dragons cave or World That Never Was first area, and Master is super easy with the gambler trick in Mystery Tour. Final Form might still be a pain, haven't started leveling it but I'm only before the last 2 Org. 13 fights.

I haven't even summoned once in this game yet, and I forgot how to even level the summons or the tricks to it.

The mushroom in Agrabah is the best place for summons as well.

Caladrius

Fighting Sephiroth at level 56. I've pretty much mastered the first phase. And using reflect seems to have resolved my Shadow Flare problem, barring some badly timed curagas. Now if only I stopped making dumb mistakes.

The four normal forms were piss-easy, it's just Final that was irritating.

Is there Dodge Roll in this game?

Yes. You get it from leveling up Limit form.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Final form is easy. Just start in Namine's white room, and then just kill nobodies in the lobby of the mansion, go back to the whiteroom before gauge is empty, exit world, come back and repeat

I must have done that over 150 times on PS2, and i actually leveled up not only final form, but master, and wisdom form too and went from level 64 to 99

Soriku

Package came in 3 days early.

Today is a good day

I had MGS4 and 2.5 shipped to me around the same time. MGS4 through standard USPS first class, 2.5 through priority 2-day. MGS4 came today, 2.5's status hasn't been updated in 2 days.

/USPS

iosefe

I had MGS4 and 2.5 shipped to me around the same time. MGS4 through standard USPS first class, 2.5 through priority 2-day. MGS4 came today, 2.5's status hasn't been updated in 2 days.

/USPS

thats unfortunate

so surprise surprise. my box is dented at the top

Kinsei

Banned
Final form is easy. Just start in Namine's white room, and then just kill nobodies in the lobby of the mansion, go back to the whiteroom before gauge is empty, exit world, come back and repeat

I must have done that over 150 times on PS2, and i actually leveled up not only final form, but master, and wisdom form too and went from level 64 to 99

I prefer the mansion basement > Yen Sid's Tower > TWTNW method.

Afrocious

Currently in Timeless River on Critical. I did that burning building first since that's always the hardest part with those damn cars.

I think playing games like Bayonetta got me better at this game. When I first beat KH2 FM on Critical, I died repeatedly in parts like dealing with cars in Timeless River and running from Hades down that path.

Now I'm destroying. Sure I die a few times, but knowing I don't have to stay at level 1 and using limits and drives liberally, this isn't bad at all.

QUESTION: Anyone going for the gummi-related trophies? I know it's best to make a donut ship, but at what point should I dedicate time to getting an S rank on the EX missions? So far, any ship I make is shitty.

Nocturn

Neo Member
This game is at my desk waiting to be played. Once I finish Dragon Age I'll hop on it. Looking forward to kicking Sephiroths ass all over again at level 44 ( with me dying a gazillion times) Once I get that Keyblade from the tournaments all hell going to break lose! Lol. But if replaying games have taught Me anything, its that my younger self was more pro than my current self at video games. So I expect to have a harder time now :(

Afrocious

I remember that part frustrated me so much. I avoided KH2 because Roxas tutorial. BBS I am 70% done I think.

Haha yeah I used to die so much on them.

Critical isn't bad if you're leveling up. Apply some of that Dark Souls patience and you're golden.

In my level 1 run, I got as far as Timeless River as well, but that was far more annoying since I had to rely on stats given to me by equipment than stats from leveling up.

Afrocious

This game is at my desk waiting to be played. Once I finish Dragon Age I'll hop on it. Looking forward to kicking Sephiroths ass all over again at level 44 ( with me dying a gazillion times) Once I get that Keyblade from the tournaments all hell going to break lose! Lol. But if replaying games have taught Me anything, its that my younger self was more pro than my current self at video games. So I expect to have a harder time now :(

I thought I'd have a harder time, but so far this is a breeze compared to when I was a kid.

Caladrius

Whacked Sephiroth after about 25 tries, of course I had limit form and elixirs to save my rumpus.

Also Bright materials are really annoying to farm for. Bright Gems in particular. The enemies that spawn them are hard to come by for some reason. (Yes, I'm in Space paranoids and have all available lucky Luckys possible without lucky rings)

Afrocious

So, when u finally get to play, should I attempt the level 1 run? My experience is vanilla proud

For level 1 runs, you will have to rely on your stats coming solely from equipment and Strength/Magic Up items. Enemies are damage sponges until endgame when you can farm for Synthesis items to make the Up items you need.

Vanilla proud is a cakewalk compared to a level 1 run, though my experience with it is on level 1 critical.

Best place to level up forms? Keep in mind, I just finished space paranoids first time through.

I'd just use Drives liberally until you beat the game, and then worry about maxing them out.

You only need to worry about having them maxed out when you go into the Cavern of Remembrance.

Roxas battle

Roxas, Lingering Will and Riku II in KH1 make up the KH Boss holy trinity, IMO. Data Roxas is even more fun.

Kinsei

Banned
Currently in Timeless River on Critical. I did that burning building first since that's always the hardest part with those damn cars.

I think playing games like Bayonetta got me better at this game. When I first beat KH2 FM on Critical, I died repeatedly in parts like dealing with cars in Timeless River and running from Hades down that path.

Now I'm destroying. Sure I die a few times, but knowing I don't have to stay at level 1 and using limits and drives liberally, this isn't bad at all.

QUESTION: Anyone going for the gummi-related trophies? I know it's best to make a donut ship, but at what point should I dedicate time to getting an S rank on the EX missions? So far, any ship I make is shitty.

I'd wait until you get the first point upgrade before attempting any EX missions. You get it by getting a D rank or higher on Splash Island's first mission.

Best place to level up forms? Keep in mind, I just finished space paranoids first time through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ZZfpA1a4U&list=UUB-tYJQ4-6bLlhDHDU1zbDA

Caladrius

So, when i finally get to play, should I attempt the level 1 run? My experience is vanilla proud

Don't bother until you have a run or two through Critical mode.

At your point in the game there aren't a lot of options besides Timeless River. (Go through the silver door to Disney castle just before your drive gauge runs out to restore it instantly.)

For late game options...

Psxphile

Going for it myself. I ignored the ship building and just used the blueprints (Falcon, usually) for each one. I wanted to wait until I cleared each lane and amassed a sizable amount of gummi blocks before building a ship and taking on the missions. As I understand it I only need one S-Rank on a mission for each route, right? There's still the final route to unlock too but I'll worry about that when I come to it (currently on the second trip to Twilight Town).

Kinsei

Banned
Going for it myself. I ignored the ship building and just used the blueprints (Falcon, usually) for each one. I wanted to wait until I cleared each lane and amassed a sizable amount of gummi blocks before building a ship and taking on the missions. As I understand it I only need one S-Rank on a mission for each route, right? There's still the final route to unlock too but I'll worry about that when I come to it (currently on the second trip to Twilight Town).

Two actually. You need to S rank both a regular mission and an EX mission on every route.

Sorry Mr Jack sparrow but my boys need the xp not you.

Does anyone else do this?

Your party members still gain EXP if they're not in your party. I always take the world specific party member with me.

Psxphile

Two actually. You need to S rank both a regular mission and an EX mission on every route.
Ugh. Okay. Gonna need to buckle down then, huh.

Your party members still gain EXP if they're not in your party. I always take the world specific party member with me.

Especially early on when they can add to your Lucky Lucky count. After Donald and Goofy get theirs I kick 'em to the curb.

Afrocious

\
Especially early on when they can add to your Lucky Lucky count. After Donald and Goofy get theirs I kick 'em to the curb.

Considering you get two Lucky Lucky abilities at the start of Critical, I think I've been pretty lucky with mats so far. Every time I find a moogle, I just dump all my mats and make whatever it is I can. So far he's at level 2 and I'm in Timeless River. This way I won't start from square one when I go for the synthesis-related trophies and getting the ultima weapon, which is a great all-around and safe keyblade. The one you get from Halloween Town is OP as fuck though.

Also, I use the world teammates since they have limits. So far, Goofy and Donald don't have theirs. Gotta love being invincible.

Holmes

I have a question about journal completion. For the plat, do I need to have the mickey ears symbol beside every mission/minigame? Like the Mushroom XIII ones, or "beat x mini-game under x time"?

Top Bottom