• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Kinsei

Banned
Finished off the second half of some of the worlds. Not really worrying about gummi ship or minigames or extra bosses until I finish up the most of the main story stuff.

Even with critical, I feel like most of the game is too easy. It was better early on, but once I got to, say, Port Royal, the challenge disappeared. Bosses are especially simple.

Yeah, once you get reflect challenge pretty much goes out the window. I guess that's why they decided to create the No Experience ability.

Bladenic

Do you need higher than Glide level 1 to access the deeper parts of Cavern of Remembrance? I can't get past the part with the sticker at the end of a small space with pipes, the part with two drive orb spewing balls.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Do you need higher than Glide level 1 to access the deeper parts of Cavern of Remembrance? I can't get past the part with the sticker at the end of a small space with pipes, the part with two drive orb spewing balls.

Level up glide fully before attempting

Seda

Yeah, once you get reflect challenge pretty much goes out the window. I guess that's why they decided to create the No Experience ability.

I think big thing is Leaf Bracer as well as tons of hi-potions to use because of the extra lucky lucky skills. If I take hits, healing is easy to come by.

Expect some of the post game stuff to be interesting, however.

Falk

that puzzling face
Potentially controversial and/or dickwagglin' post incoming: Lingering Will is actually easier on Critical than Normal.

Sure you have less health, but the fight's over in pretty much one desperation move, maybe two, as compared to how long it can drag out on Normal. If you get hit you're pretty much up against Once More+Leaf Bracer regardless of if you're playing Normal or Critical, and the shorter fight duration means you get more mileage out of the same number of item slots.

edit: Just to repeat what I said a month back on KH community thread, was having trouble on Normal mode on JP 2.5 Lingering Will since my usual block-block-wait-block-block-reflect combo wasn't working for the desperation move. (Beaten LW countless times prior to 2.5 - suspect that my current setup of whatever has some amount of input->display latency that's throwing me off) I finally fixed that by saving mana for reflect spam, then chugging a mana pot right after. So that goes right back to 'more mileage out of item slots'.

Finished off the second half of some of the worlds. Not really worrying about gummi ship or minigames or extra bosses until I finish up the most of the main story stuff.

Even with critical, I feel like most of the game is too easy. It was better early on, but once I got to, say, Port Royal, the challenge disappeared. Bosses are especially simple.

Told you to go for lvl 1 :3

Holmes

Why is it that bosses only die from a combo finisher? Is it an ability I have equipped? It's really annoying. It dragged on a few boss battles.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why is it that bosses only die from a combo finisher? Is it an ability I have equipped? It's really annoying. It dragged on a few boss battles.

You probably have berserk on. If your out of MP the combos continue indefinitely. Turn that off and you can win

Holmes

It's just a game mechanic of KH2. You can finish with limit/magic too.
Horrible.

I don't have Berserker equipped but I have a lot of combo plus abilities. Lately I've just been zapping bosses with Thunder magic to defeat them instead of waiting to do a long combo, only to get interrupted and have to retry it.

Horrible.

I don't have Berserker equipped but I have a lot of combo plus abilities. Lately I've just been zapping bosses with Thunder magic to defeat them instead of waiting to do a long combo, only to get interrupted and have to retry it.

You could just do Trinity Limit or whatever limit your party has. I don't think you can be interrupted.

Holmes

Alright, got the trophy for going AntiForm 13 times and unlocked Final Form around the same time, so it's time to grind some levels!

Kain

Oh man dat new Pirates' battle theme. I almost cried when I heard for it the first time.

Now it's a blast fighting these ugly motherfuckers.

aravuus

I fucking died at the first Ventus BBS boss. What a great start to a chronological playthrough of the whole series.

I'm probably still slightly hungover.

Ultimadrago

I will be the one to breathe a sigh of relief from this. I didn't want to struggle all the way to the end. Post-game danger, I'm fine with, however.

Oni3298

God, what is it about KH2 (as well as KH, but more so KH2 for me) that makes me enjoy it so much? It's my first time playing it again since it came out, having beat it once in full Japanese due to not being able to wait for the U.S. release, followed by beating it again 100% when it came out in English.

And I still absolutely am enjoying the shit out of it, its just so fun in every respect. Can't wait to finally be able to play BBS as well.

Hiko

Banned
God, what is it about KH2 (as well as KH, but more so KH2 for me) that makes me enjoy it so much? It's my first time playing it again since it came out, having beat it once in full Japanese due to not being able to wait for the U.S. release, followed by beating it again 100% when it came out in English.

And I still absolutely am enjoying the shit out of it, its just so fun in every respect. Can't wait to finally be able to play BBS as well.

KH2FM has the best feeling combat of any RPG

BBS is a blast so far. Thought Proud would be harder than it is.
Critical I guess is where the game tests you.

Oni3298

Since I'm more of an action oriented guy over turn based, I would have to agree. I absolutely love the combat. Which is also why I'm over the moon excited for FFXV.

BBS is a blast so far. Thought Proud would be harder than it is.
Critical I guess is where the game tests you.

Yea. I started my KH2FM run on critical and don't find it so bad. Will probably do the same with BBS.

Lightning

Banned
Man,
Roxas is fucking hard. Counter attacks almost everything, extremely fast and hits like a truck, 2-3 hits kills me.
Fuck that fight, only won by using Elixers. Am playing critical mode but there has been an annoying jump in difficulty.

Bosses seem much more agile in this version compared to the standard KH2. Xigbar was a pain in the ass as well when he gets below 30% health remaining. Teleports all over the place being cheap as fuck. Finished the main game though finally, just way too many continues in there. Not going to stand for that so doing it again.

Luigi87

Nothing like about to finish off a boss, press a button, and nothing happens because your controller died.

...Fortunately it was Grim Reaper 1, which even at lv.1 is ungodly easy. I don't think I even saw it make a single attack.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man .. this game looks SO GOOD. A testament to how much effort was put into the game, the art is fantastic and really stands well when uprezzed to 1080p. Square's HD remasters are easily some of the best of all remasters.

kingdomheartshd2.5remvscv8.png

My experience has been the opposite. Port Royal was the first place that actually gave me issues on critical.

Afrocious

Screwing around with Gummi ships for the trophies is addicting.

You'll want all the drive forms maxed out before going into the cavern.

Bladenic

Man,
Roxas is fucking hard. Counter attacks almost everything, extremely fast and hits like a truck, 2-3 hits kills me.
Fuck that fight, only won by using Elixers. Am playing critical mode but there has been an annoying jump in difficulty.

Bosses seem much more agile in this version compared to the standard KH2. Xigbar was a pain in the ass as well when he gets below 30% health remaining. Teleports all over the place being cheap as fuck. Finished the main game though finally, just way too many continues in there. Not going to stand for that so doing it again.

Reflect, use it.

Carbonox

Finished Dragon Age and finally started this today. Kingdom Hearts 2 to be exact. Currently going through the slog that is Roxas's opening. Doesn't bother me too much though knowing what awesome awaits me after doing this. Kingdom Hearts 2 how I've missed you.

Excited to check out Birth by Sleep finally too.

I still have no clue why they put heavy platforming in Disney Town, almost as baffling as making Atlantis a musical in KH2.
OK, not really but still...

Seda

I dunno. Critical definitely makes 'getting hit' more dangerous, so you have to pay a little bit more attention to enemy attack patterns and such (rather than just shrugging attacks off in KH2 vanilla) - but I feel there's still a little too much focus on "mashing X when there's an opening".

Bladenic

Isn't reflect terrible though? Lasts like 2 seconds

Reflect is the most broken spell in the series. I remember when I first played KH2, I was so mad Aero was gone and Reflect seemed like it sucked, then I discovered how insanely useful it is.

Holmes

Reflect is the most broken spell in the series. I remember when I first played KH2, I was so mad Aero was gone and Reflect seemed like it sucked, then I discovered how insanely useful it is.
Care to elaborate? I'm going to start my Critical run soon.

Isn't reflect terrible though? Lasts like 2 seconds

Reflect can be comboed. So the more you have combo plus abilities the longer you can keep the reflect up (if you have the mana) so you don't have to be a master at timing like with guard. You are totally invulnerable to any damage and you do some decend damage with it if you manage to block something. Best spell in the game.

Reflect can be comboed. So the more you have combo plus abilities the longer you can keep the reflect up (if you have the mana) so you don't have to be a master at timing like with guard. You are totally invulnerable to any damage and you do some decend damage with it if you manage to block something. Best spell in the game.

Induces hitstun pretty reliably, too. If Reflect weren't a spell, I'd probably never be able to beat Larxene.

RPGCrazied

Okay, having a hard time leveling limit form. I've tried dozens of times, it just wont get experience points. I must be missing something? Just defeated
Xaldin
story wise.

Afrocious

I'm destroying the Gummi routes. Can't seem to get an S rank in the EX on the Ghost Ship one though. I'm aiming for the EX route where you use a ship that has less than 50 HP.

I can't seem to nail the Mission 3 regular here either. Or any of them for that matter. I only can get an A rank :(

Luigi87

Okay, having a hard time leveling limit form. I've tried dozens of times, it just wont get experience points. I must be missing something? Just defeated
Xaldin
story wise.

Go to the treasure room in the Cave of Wonders, activate the Mushroom there, run toward the exit and face it, spam Sonic Rave, exit room, replenish MP at the save, repeat.
Courtesy of Bizkit http://youtu.be/j_ZZfpA1a4U

Anywho, just defeated
The Experiement
in Halloween Town, finishing off that world entirely. Not fun at lv.1... hell it's not fun during a normal run! (I never cared for the boss, at least its first phase). I left
Xaldin
waiting... I should get back to fight him... Or I could go to Agrabah!

Or, you know, just use Limits whenever you can. You... are using Limits, right bro? You get one point for every complete Limit.

This too.

Psxphile

Go to the treasure room in the Cave of Wonders, activate the Mushroom there, run toward the exit and face it, spam Sonic Rave, exit room, replenish MP at the save, repeat.

Courtesy of Bizkit http://youtu.be/j_ZZfpA1a4U

Or, you know, just use Limits whenever you can. You... are using Limits, right bro? You get one point for every complete Limit. I leveled Limit Form during the 1000 Heartless battle because it's just too convenient not to. But on Critical it can be dicey.

EDIT: ... Limit.

Top Bottom