• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Vashetti

Banned
Man .. this game looks SO GOOD. A testament to how much effort was put into the game, the art is fantastic and really stands well when uprezzed to 1080p. Square's HD remasters are easily some of the best of all remasters.

Err, I played the game back on the PS2, and went through this area.

In 2.5, I'm now playing as Sora and I absolutely never went through this area as Roxas. Is this is a known glitch? Or is the area absent on Critical difficulty?

Falk

that puzzling face
... what?
it's where you select #teamstaff

(the other two options don't exist, don't listen to these other lying posters)

In 2.5, I'm now playing as Sora and I absolutely never went through this area as Roxas. Is this is a known glitch? Or is the area absent on Critical difficulty?

Whaat? That's the room after you choose sword/shield/staff. You sure you skipped it?

Falk

that puzzling face
I saw that Falk!

I'm changing the hashtag as much as I can before it says I edited the post so that someone quotes me and gets the quote wrong and I can accuse them of lying.

Except now that I've explained it the humor is ruined. Thanks, man.

Falk

that puzzling face
holy shit you need to figure out how to replicate this and then expand on it so people can fully skip roxas and maybe the complaining will stop

Hmm, interesting. What happened after day 2 for you? Axel attacks you and you fall into the Station. Did you somehow skip that?

RPGCrazied

Or, you know, just use Limits whenever you can. You... are using Limits, right bro? You get one point for every complete Limit. I leveled Limit Form during the 1000 Heartless battle because it's just too convenient not to. But on Critical it can be dicey.

EDIT: ... Limit.

Forgive me if I'm being dumb, but do you mean triangle commands(thought those were called reactions), or under the limit section in the battle UI? If so, just get in Limit form and spam triangle?

How strange... I don't recognise anything after the initial cutscene with Naminé.

Is there anyway to check in-game which weapon choice you went with?

I hope I don't have to start over.

Do you have the Guard ability at least? You get that from defeating the boss.

It's easy to know what weapon you got. Just check what ability you get on some level up and compare it to the chart/tell us here.

Luigi87

I'm not even level 7 yet so I can't tell which one.

I'm level 6 in Hollow Bastion (recommended level is 8), which gives me further reason to believe that area was entirely skipped for me.

Get one more level and you'll easily see, since it's different for all three paths.

Vashetti

Banned
Level 7
Defense Increased!
Item Boost!

Must have picked the Shield!

The only explanation is that I was addmitedly drunk yesterday and played the game for a fair few hours.

I just have no recollection of that area with Roxas. So strange.

kirby2096

Can't wait for the game tomorrow, I missed the delivery on Friday since nobody was home and the neighbours were out too. Didn't mind too much since I was working all weekend, but I hope the CE box doesn't come too badly damaged.

My Theatrhythm CE and FFXIV artbook also had their boxes crushed by DPD delivery, so it seems their sorting office need to be more careful when handling these packages.

I wish we could choose TNT or FedEX instead as I haven't had as bad an experience with them.

Afrocious

Level 7
Defense Increased!
Item Boost!

Must have picked the Shield!

The only explanation is that I was addmitedly drunk yesterday and played the game for a fair few hours.

I just have no recollection of that area with Roxas. So strange.

Check your journal and look at the entries for enemies, specifically nobodies.

That'll tell you how many you defeated.

RPGCrazied

Ok, I'm an idiot. I'm reading I'm suppose to use L1, it replaces magic, the limit commands.

Also, how in the hell do you beat
Marluxia
in 30 seconds?!?

Luigi87

Ok, I'm an idiot. I'm reading I'm suppose to use L1, it replaces magic, the limit commands.

Also, how in the hell do you beat
Marluxia
in 30 seconds?!?

Eh? There's no timer in that fight. That's your level above your head for his variation of Doom.

Holmes

lol, all this time playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and I haven't even been using Reflect. You guys have showed me the way. I spammed Reflectga against Xemnas during the first battle alone with Sora, Xemnas depleted half of his own HP bar and I was able to combo him easily right after casting the spell.

Luigi87

Oh, heh. Guess I'm not suppose to fight him at my level. I'm 40 right now. So it would be 40 seconds?

No, it's based on his weapon hitting you. Every hit takes it down a number. His other abilities don't affect the countdown, but will hit your HP.
This makes lv.1 runs harder for example, because his weapon is instant death... Of course fighting him at lv.60 makes him incredibly easy.

lol, all this time playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and I haven't even been using Reflect. You guys have showed me the way. I spammed Reflectga against Xemnas during the first battle alone with Sora, Xemnas depleted half of his own HP bar and I was able to combo him easily right after casting the spell.

Reflect is incredibly OP. I wouldn't have ever done the data rematches or Lingering Will back on PS2 without it.

Falk

that puzzling face
So this means while people have been complaining about the difficulty of Twilight Thorn on Critical, you essentially beat it while drunk

:lol

Jeels

I wish you could get gif avatars because Ventus Break Time is hilarious.
kh_bbs___break_time__by_aeroxventusxyuni-d5jiz1k.jpg

Aww that's awesome! I just got break time for Terra lol.

So, the trophies for BBS, do I have to do everything with every character or just one?

Vashetti

Banned
So this means while people have been complaining about the difficulty of Twilight Thorn on Critical, you essentially beat it while drunk

Everything's been pretty managable so far. I slaughtered Axel on Roxas' last day.

Yes. Everything you killed as Roxas gets added at the end. For example you fight Assassin nobodies but those don't show either.

Holding you responsible if I get to the end of the game and Twilight Thorn isn't in my journal!

j/k, sorta

Afrocious

This lol.

However Twilight Thorn is easy if you literally run around the perimeter spamming triangle.

He's only annoying difficult IMO if you're aggressive.

Top Bottom