• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Luigi87

Ugh, I can't wait to play BBS. Never have. Some say its the longest KH game, is that true? And who do you play first to see the story in order?

I'd say each character path is about 15 hours each.
You can do any path, but the recommended one (and the one the game shows) is Terra -> Ventus -> Aqua.

Also, it's my absolute favourite KH game, and god I can't wait to play it in HD, but first I must finish this lv.1 KH2FM run @_@

RPGCrazied

I'd say each character path is about 15 hours each.
You can do any path, but the recommended one (and the one the game shows) is Terra -> Ventus -> Aqua.

Also, it's my absolute favourite KH game, and god I can't wait to play it in HD, but first I must finish this lv.1 KH2FM run @_@

Damn, 15 hours each? Just for story? I'm guessing the Final Mix version has lots of extra stuff too?

Afrocious

Damn, 15 hours each? Just for story? I'm guessing the Final Mix version has lots of extra stuff too?

That's literally 45 hours about for gameplay. Besides, the moment you finish one story, you'll want to play another character to see what happens.

Playing as Terra and Ven before Aqua makes Aqua's story that much better IMO.

7AIrUR8.jpg

Figures I'd go right for this trophy first.

To get platinum, you'll have to do this 2 more times :)

RPGCrazied

There's the Mirage Arena that is kind of like a coliseum.

There is a type of coliseum, yes. (Edit: Beaten)

There's also Command Board! A lesser version of Squenix's Fortune Street that I personally find to be incredibly enjoyable.

All this hype is making it very hard to not just rush through the rest of KH2FM to get to BBS. I was going to try and do all the extra stuff, but haven't visited the other worlds a 2nd time yet.

Afrocious

All this hype is making it very hard to not just rush through the rest of KH2FM to get to BBS. I was going to try and do all the extra stuff, but haven't visited the other worlds a 2nd time yet.

Eh, finish what you want in KH2 and give the disc a break, then go to BBS. BBS is its own game that requires its own dedicated time.

I'm planning on platting both games but all my attention is on KH2 atm. I never knew Gummi Ships could be so fun.

RPGCrazied

Eh, finish what you want in KH2 and give the disc a break, then go to BBS. BBS is its own game that requires its own dedicated time.

I'm planning on platting both games but all my attention is on KH2 atm. I never knew Gummi Ships could be so fun.

A break? Kingdom Hearts? No way. I probably will keep trucking through KH2FM at the pace I'm at, really want to go through the cave of remembrance though and beat the absent silhouettes.

PSA for those going for BBS plat: Be careful how you do your saves. Start "new game" for each character. You can skip the tutorial.

If you make a save before selecting which character to play and then save a different save for each character (4 or more saves total) you won't be able to get the Collector Trophy. Even if you get it all perfect and get all OTHER report trophies, Collector won't pop until you play through one of the stories again...

No one knows why this happens, exactly, but anyway, only have ONE save per character.

This is for JP version at least, but might be present in NA/EU as well.

Mecha

No reason to rush through the best KH game unless you have played KH2FM before. But before you beat BBS with Aqua tell us or google search to find where the reports are, trust me on this.

Just finished my KH2 run on proud (just replaying them for now,) and heading on to BBS.

It's by far my favorite Kingdom Hearts game. So many crazy, fond memories playing on my half-broken PSP in high school, spending dozens of hours before classes and during my ridiculously long school bus ride tackling the game and struggling against secret bosses. I remember having to hold back my cheers of elation on the bus after beating
Aqua's Terranort fight
Vanitas Sentiment
, and
Mysterious Figure, that son of a bitch,
for the first time so I didn't look like an idiot.

RPGCrazied

No reason to rush through the best KH game unless you have played KH2FM before. But before you beat BBS with Aqua tell us or google search to find where the reports are, trust me on this.

Nope, never played the the FM's before. Really love the extra content, and the new cutscenes.

PSA for those going for BBS plat: Be careful how you do your saves. Start "new game" for each character. You can skip the tutorial.

If you make a save before selecting which character to play and then save a different save for each character (4 or more saves total) you won't be able to get the Collector Trophy. Even if you get it all perfect and get all OTHER report trophies, Collector won't pop until you play through one of the stories again...

No one knows why this happens, exactly, but anyway, only have ONE save per character.

This is for JP version at least, but might be present in NA/EU as well.

What about last/secret episode saves?

Afrocious

A break? Kingdom Hearts? No way. I probably will keep trucking through KH2FM at the pace I'm at, really want to go through the cave of remembrance though and beat the absent silhouettes.

lol you mean the Data fights. The silhouettes are scattered throughout the worlds. They have way less HP than the Data fights. Silhouettes are about the equivalent to the normal Org fights you have in KH2.

That said, Xigbar Data basically has Uzis. Distinct bump in difficulty from his normal mode.

RPGCrazied

lol you mean the Data fights. The silhouettes are scattered throughout the worlds. They have way less HP than the Data fights. Silhouettes are about the equivalent to the normal Org fights you have in KH2.

That said, Xigbar Data basically has Uzis. Distinct bump in difficulty from his normal mode.

Oh, I know you fight them all again in the cave. :p I expect them all to be harder. I tried going through the cave right after space paranoids, not a good idea. Absent's drops some cool stuff, so its worth to fight them.

Luigi87

Oh, I know you fight them all again in the cave. :p I expect them all to be harder. I tried going through the cave right after space paranoids, not a good idea. Absent's drops some cool stuff, so its worth to fight them.

Yeah, you'll want to beat the story before going through the cave, lol.
It is incredibly difficult, especially the final few rooms before the Garden of Assemblage.

What about last/secret episode saves?

The collector trophy is for stickers, which only appear in the main game. Once you've gotten it from completing all three character's stories, you can technically do whatever you want, I guess.

But, best would be to make Last and Secret separate saves. so you will have 5 saves total. These won't affect you, since they are not character specific saves.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
I was hesitant about picking this collection up, having done the series to death time and time again, and knowing full well what it'll do to my free time...

And god forbid it's done it again. It may just be the rose tinted glasses, but I've forgotten just how much a game can suck you in and have you fully enjoy it. Kingdom Hearts 2 still stands as one of my favourite JRPGs of all time, rivalled only by the other titles in the series. It may have something to do with the vibrant palate, it may have something to do with the Disney/Square crossover elements, or it may just be I love the game to absolute death. Started a critical run over the weekend, and really only stopped for the VGA and PSX keynotes. Looking forward to the Christmas break and really sinking my teeth into the game!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
>< Wish me luck guys, i'm doing the twilight mansion trick where you do a marathon level up run killing nobodies. I have gullwing equipped and experience boost, so i'm racking up 3 times the experience i otherwise would, but am always in a constant state of critical health(as necessary for gullwing and EB to take effect), i could die at any time

Is there cutscenes in the cave, or is it just gameplay and the data bosses?

Just the dungeon and the data bosses.

I'm confused about this BBS save situation.

A better idea to clear this up: What's the idea way to deal with saves in BBS?

Make a separate save file for each story. (Which is what you're supposed to do anyway) One for Terra, one for Ven, one for Aqua. Getting the stickers in each separate save file should get you the trophy without issue. Doing so also unlocks the secret episode.

I'm confused about this BBS save situation.

A better idea to clear this up: What's the idea way to deal with saves in BBS?

New Game -> Terra -> Clear

New Game -> Ven -> Clear

New Game -> Aqua -> Clear -> Last Episode -> Secret Episode

So, total will be 5 saves. Terra, Ven, Aqua, Last, Secret.

The issue came when people would do the tutorial, save right before the character select, then after choosing a character they would save all 3 seperate, so they had 4 "character" saves. The tutorial counts as Ventus, it seems.

Afrocious

Separate file for each character, and then two extra files for both the last and secret episodes. Easy enough.

Also explained that way, the bug does make sense considering you do play as Ven in the tutorial.

Holmes

>< Wish me luck guys, i'm doing the twilight mansion trick where you do a marathon level up run killing nobodies. I have gullwing equipped and experience boost, so i'm racking up 3 times the experience i otherwise would, but am always in a constant state of critical health(as necessary for gullwing and EB to take effect), i could die at any time
I just did this earlier today, but at The World That Never Was. You don't need to be at critical HP, just half HP.

Inuhanyou

I just did this earlier today, but at The World That Never Was. You don't need to be at critical HP, just half HP.

For EB maybe, but gullwing requires you to be in "a critical state"

Is experience boost even in the original game? i cant remember...

Inuhanyou

Are you sure? Because I was getting 2400 exp per Nobody whether I was at half HP or critical.

It says that in gullwing's description, and i keep getting 500xp per nobody unless i'm hearing the alarm, even if the HP bar is pretty low

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Not the most appropriate thread for this, but I decided to snag 1.5 HD out of curiosity. Only ever played the first game at its launch on PS2 and never spent time with sequel games so I am kind of new I suppose(though I think I did beat KH1 but barely recall much).

The HD upgrade looks spectacular, was expecting a really rough and cheap port job, but it looks kind of outstanding for an up-rezzed PS2 title. Usual control/camera issues apply, and the Disney stages thus far are mostly terrible, but I am kind of hooked.

Playing Proud difficulty and it has been pretty enjoyable despite a few brickwall moments(Cerberus) but very satisfying once the xp announcement pops. Also, the bosses look spectacular still. Gorgeous even by today's standards at how lively and interesting their patterns have been(huge too!)

I'm actually getting into the Gummi ship too. Terrible level layouts, but its been enjoyable upgrading the ship and attempting the challenges at least.

Looking forward to 2.5HD, could use some recommendations for game order once I complete KH1. Really want to get to BBS and KH2 ASAP.

You don't need Fantastic for journal completion, do you?

Not that it really matters. I did them all pretty much on the first try except the last Master which took two tries.

You need to have all songs recorded in the journal. To get all songs, you need to get Fantastic in all except the last one. (Getting Fantastic unlocks the next song.)

Same with Command Boards. You have to win each board with each character... yee haw...

Edit: Looking on some sites, some say you only need COOL to get the next song. I'll have to check it.

Not the most appropriate thread for this, but I decided to snag 1.5 HD out of curiosity. Only ever played the first game at its launch on PS2 and never spent time with sequel games so I am kind of new I suppose(though I think I did beat KH1 but barely recall much).

The HD upgrade looks spectacular, was expecting a really rough and cheap port job, but it looks kind of outstanding for an up-rezzed PS2 title. Usual control/camera issues apply, and the Disney stages thus far are mostly terrible, but I am kind of hooked.

Playing Proud difficulty and it has been pretty enjoyable despite a few brickwall moments(Cerberus) but very satisfying once the xp announcement pops. Also, the bosses look spectacular still. Gorgeous even by today's standards at how lively and interesting their patterns have been(huge too!)

I'm actually getting into the Gummi ship too. Terrible level layouts, but its been enjoyable upgrading the ship and attempting the challenges at least.

Looking forward to 2.5HD, could use some recommendations for game order once I complete KH1. Really want to get to BBS and KH2 ASAP.

KH1 -> Re:CoM -> Days -> KH2 -> BBS -> Re:Coded

In other words, play the games in the order they're laid out in their respective collection.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you wanna get the most out of the franchise, you'll probably want to finish CoM (both Sora and Riku) before playing KH2. Yes, it's a slog.

There are two trains of thought as to what's the ideal order to experience the games. The first is via release date (KH1 -> COM -> KH2 -> 358/2 -> Coded -> BBS -> DDD)

The second is a slight modification swapping 358/2 and KH2 around, as there are some interlocking spoilers between the two and technically 358/2 takes place 'before' KH2. Birth By Sleep is exempt from this best-practices chronological order since it's large enough to be its own thing.

edit: Durr, was thinking of the original episodic release of Coded for release dates. Yes, in that sense Coded and BBS are also kinda interchangeable, again since BBS is largely its own thing.

Mecha

Is the secret episode unlocked automatically after the final? Or is there a specific requirement to unlock it?

You need to collect all of the journal entries to get the final episode, for the secret episode it is:

Beginner Mode - Not accessible.
Standard Mode - Complete the Trinity Archives 100% with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

Fauve

You need to collect all of the journal entries to get the final episode, for the secret episode it is:

Standard Mode - Complete the Trinity Archives 100% with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind for when I play BBS.

In FM (and HD) Secret Episode IS available in Beginner mode :)

But, it is still unclear how to unlock it.

Inuhanyou

Order of left to right in both 1.5 and 2.5

How hard is BBS proud? I'm doing KH2FM proud easily enough.

Not too difficult. It can get a little tricky in some spots, but BBS is a pretty easy game to break balance-wise if you know what to do.

One final boss in particular is probably going to give you trouble at first, though.

Top Bottom