• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Caladrius

How many do you think of these is required? The first ingredient is a pain in the ass to get.

Ideally, you would have 9. That and the 5 Lucky Luckys acquired through level up give an 8x multiplier to drop rates (once you have that bonus, you've got at worst a 1/8 chance of getting a synthesis item from an enemy, usually closer to 1/4 for most materials)

How many do you think of these is required? The first ingredient is a pain in the ass to get.

If you are on Critical Mode, which gives you an extra Luck Up Ability, ideally you would have 3 Luck Up for Sora, 1 Luck up for Donald, 1 for Goofy.

Then, fill up all character's Accessory slots with Lucky Rings. This certainly takes a while, but each lucky ring you make makes the next lucky ring that much easier to make.

By the time you're making the last 3 or so, it's cake walk. I actually had Full Luck up, Full Lucky Rings on Sora and Donald and only 1 on Goofy and that was more than enough.

If you have full Luck Up/Luck Rings, materials drop at a rate of 50% to 75%, depending on the item.

Also, there seems to be some relation to Ultimate Weapon, also. Although not written anyway, a lot of people have noticed that having it equipped makes items drop more often.

Just beat Ventus story. I hate the final boss as much as the final boss of KH2.
It was annoying since you could not just restart the context sensitive part.
The trick is
hold R1 and then X, it will trigger the minigame and your focus should never go to zero.

Afrocious

Just beat Ventus story. I hate the final boss as much as the final boss of KH2.
It was annoying since you could not just restart the context sensitive part.
The trick is
hold R1 and then X, it will trigger the minigame and your focus should never go to zero.

I personally think Ven's final boss is one of the best of the series lol.

I personally think Ven's final boss is one of the best of the series lol.
I just wish it would let you restart at the part after the main fight since it tells you nothing on how to beat him.
I understood after googling it. It was no problem once I figured out how to shot (never really use it in main game).

Edit: My order is AVT now. My first play through was VTA I think.
Considering I finished the game way back when, I might try this out to see if it's more satisfying.

I think we can all agree with Aqua being last though.
I did Aqua first because cartwheels!

Afrocious

I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers this order. I did TVA my first run and definitely wished I'd started with Ven considering how they treated some of his plot points in Terra's story.

Considering I finished the game way back when, I might try this out to see if it's more satisfying.

Boogins

So I just finished underworld and I had a major hiccup while fighting
cerberus
that lasted maybe 2 seconds. Has this happened to anyone else or is my ps3 dying?

I did Ven -> Terra -> Aqua for my second playthrough and found myself liking Terra -> Ven -> Aqua more.

Both kinda make sense plot wise, but going from the slowest character to the quickest, to the most versatile seemed like a more natural playstyle progression.

cerberus
that lasted maybe 2 seconds. Has this happened to anyone else or is my ps3 dying?

No, I've been getting a few in boss fights, too. Weird thing is, this never happened to me in the JP release of the game, and I played that for the better half of two months beforehand.

cerberus

I've had it happen a few times lol pretty sure I had one at the beginning of the
Cerberus
fight too

Falk

that puzzling face
Ah, they did a masterful job disguising it though. I play with headphones and I could almost hear scratches in the audio.

That's a bunch of clipping and such along with a low pass filter that does emulate vinyl (or even wax cylinders which were in use back then), yes. Still -should- be mono though :V Mono meaning you won't hear any positional panning and everything in the music would be dead center.

I guess the same way it's -still- a 1080p game visually, some concessions do have to be made. :V

Both kinda make sense plot wise, but going from the slowest character to the quickest, to the most versatile seemed like a more natural playstyle progression.

Gameplay-wise, I can understand why one might pick Terra first- I sort of think that may have been the reasoning behind the TVA order in the first place. Going from Ven speed to Terra speed can be pretty weird. I prefer VTA for plot though.

Absolutely. It feels kind of weird even thinking about picking her first.

I got the game, I started to play KH2 in Critical difficulty and the changes are pretty nice.

I forgot to get the extra 2 AP from the tutorial but I'll assume it's not that big of a deal, I also went full defense in both choices.

I got the game, I started to play KH2 in Critical difficulty and the changes are pretty nice.

I forgot to get the extra 2 AP from the tutorial but I'll assume it's not that big of a deal, I also went full defense in both choices.

If you start in Critical Mode, you'll have more than enough AP to last the whole game.

Bladenic

So what's the best way to get a Tranquility Crystal? Aka which mushroom should I kill or which is easiest? I've only completed a few of their challenges and have yet to get a crystal so I'm clearly not doing that well. Also I hate the Assassin nobodies because they've yet to drop a damn Twilight Gem. Those are the only 2 things I'm missing preventing me from making Ultima Weapon and some other things too.

Also Cavern of Remembrance was extremely fun and cool and I hope KH3 has something like it. An actual dungeon that requires full use of your abilities. That final battle was crazy hectic, used up a few Elixirs.

Playing through 1.5 first as I never picked it up until I got the 2.5 CE. Does 2 still have the terrible eye textures that only change in close-ups?

So what's the best way to get a Tranquility Crystal? Aka which mushroom should I kill or which is easiest? I've only completed a few of their challenges and have yet to get a crystal so I'm clearly not doing that well. Also I hate the Assassin nobodies because they've yet to drop a damn Twilight Gem. Those are the only 2 things I'm missing preventing me from making Ultima Weapon and some other things too.

Also Cavern of Remembrance was extremely fun and cool and I hope KH3 has something like it. An actual dungeon that requires full use of your abilities. That final battle was crazy hectic, used up a few Elixirs.

In my experience, the one in Aladdin's world in the Cave of Wonder Treasure Room was the easiest.

Go into Limit Form and use Sonic Rave and whatever attack is on Triangle (Ars Arcanum?) that should be enough.

Or, level up more.

For help on the Mushrooms, here a good site I used.

Its in Japanese, but down the page there are youtube links to how to beat each one
http://wikiwiki.jp/khhd2/?XIII%A5%AD%A5%CE%A5%B3

In my experience, the one in Aladdin's world in the Cave of Wonder Treasure Room was the easiest.

Go into Limit Form and use Sonic Rave and whatever attack is on Triangle (Ars Arcanum?) that should be enough.

Or, level up more.

Using the Zantetsuken finisher in Limit Form is a little more efficient than Ars Arcanum, as far as speed & damage is concerned.

Bladenic

Ideally, you would have 9. That and the 5 Lucky Luckys acquired through level up give an 8x multiplier to drop rates (once you have that bonus, you've got at worst a 1/8 chance of getting a synthesis item from an enemy, usually closer to 1/4 for most materials)

What in the hell? Why would anyone go out of their way to make that many lucky rings? There's no way that's practical nor necessary.

What in the hell? Why would anyone go out of their way to make that many lucky rings? There's no way that's practical nor necessary.

Well, it helps to get all the materials, since to get the platinum you also have to get all the collection bonuses (collect 30 of these, collect 25 of those, etc...)

Also helps if you are trying to make Power Ups or Guard Ups

If you start in Critical Mode, you'll have more than enough AP to last the whole game.

Oh really? I'm using every single AP plus on Sora so far too, so I have about 80 AP by now and I love how I can equip basically everything.

I'm not sure if I should keep neglecting Donald and Goofy.

Top Bottom