• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Hagi

Sweet jeebus the op for KH2 is gorgeous :eek:

It's been so long since I've played 2 can't wait to get through it again and experience BBS for the first time.

Vashetti

Banned
Right, resorted to grinding a few levels.

The final boss of Beast's Castle is kicking my ass. Quite a leap in difficulty on Critical for this world.

The Lamp

Sweet jeebus the op for KH2 is gorgeous :eek:

It's been so long since I've played 2 can't wait to get through it again and experience BBS for the first time.

I have major childhood memories associated with that OP. When it leaked almost exactly 9 years ago in Japanese I was dumbfounded. Utada did an excellent job with Passion, and Nomura had summed up my experiences over the years in one beautiful 3-4 min CG movie and I was riding the hype train because I was sure that he was going to give me everything I dreamed for in KH2.

Nomura needs to go all out for the KH3 intro. Give me the feels, Tetsuya.

Kinsei

Banned
I have major childhood memories associated with that OP. When it leaked almost exactly 9 years ago in Japanese I was dumbfounded. Nomura had summed up my experiences over the years in one beautiful 3-4 min CG movie and I was riding the hype train because I was sure that he was going to give me everything I dreamed for in KH2.

Nomura needs to go all out for the KH3 intro. Give me the feels, Tetsuya.

Oh man, the KH3 opening is going to be amazing. I wonder what the new song will be.

The Lamp

Utada is off enjoying her newlywed status to some Italian guy in Italy, but I sincerely hope she records something new for KH3. There's just no substitute imo. She's become the voice of Kingdom Hearts at this point. Pay up, Disney.

Bladenic

Utada is off enjoying her newlywed status to some Italian guy in Italy, but I sincerely hope she records something new for KH3. There's just no substitute imo. She's become the voice of Kingdom Hearts at this point. Pay up, Disney.

If KH3 doesn't have Utada and all the VAs returning (including Hayden for Kairi and Willa for Aqua) I'll be severely disappointed.

Lightning

Banned
Getting really hacked off at getting one-shot by those Fat Fuckers™ in Beast's Castle. Feels so cheap everytime.
Playing on critical is all about waiting for your openings or being a master at blocking/reflecting and with some enemies you need to do both.

For the fat guys I generally use magic on them, stay very agile and hit them from behind when I could. But you will get a lot of cheap deaths in this game on critical, it's just the way it is.

botty

Banned
If KH3 doesn't have Utada and all the VAs returning (including Hayden for Kairi and Willa for Aqua) I'll be severely disappointed.

Hayden just did some VA/body work for that new Playstation 4 game coming, so I a sure the queen will return for the check.

Actually getting a lot of use out of using forms in Critical Mode tbh.

Vs Demyx I got to go ham with the Valor Form and Vs Barbossa I got a lot of use out of Wisdom Form.

Can't choose if I want Sora to be mostly strength or magic based. In KH1.5 I made him straight Magic and jesus was he OP

Vashetti

Banned

Vs Demyx I got to go ham with the Valor Form and Vs Barbossa I got a lot of use out of Wisdom Form.

Can't choose if I want Sora to be mostly strength or magic based. In KH1.5 I made him straight Magic and jesus was he OP

I'm using Magic way more this time than I ever have before. Usually I would only abuse Cure and leave everything else to Dolan.

Now I'm playing as Terra and dang he feels slow lol. BBS has been very enjoyable so far even though even it doesn't touch KH1 or 2.
I would rank it slightly below 2 myself, but yeah I like the game for what it is.
KH:DDD is the only non-spinoff game where I found myself being kind of disappointed.
The flashy trick system and dive timing system really did nothing for me.

Lightning

Banned

Magnega, Reflectga/Thundaga combos with high magic stat are VERY deadly to most enemies in this game. Extremely overpowered. For this reason I'm focusing on my magic first.

abrack08

About 2hrs to get to sora after skipping all of the cutscenes. Playing on Proud mode for this run. Been forever since I played, so wasn't feeling up for critical mode.

Looking forward to endgame stuff.

Played through the prologue last night, took 3 hours and 41 minutes before I got through it... But I actually like the intro, so no big deal. I beat the KH1FM final boss earlier in the day... the KH1 ending still gives me all the feels.

aravuus

I would rank it slightly below 2 myself, but yeah I like the game for what it is.
KH:DDD is the only non-spinoff game where I found myself being kind of disappointed.

I bought a brand new 3DS just for DDD lol, imagine my disappointment.

Magnega, Reflectga/Thundaga combos with high magic stat are VERY deadly to most enemies in this game. Extremely overpowered. For this reason I'm focusing on my magic first.

I only started getting the -aras now. I've been grinding the forms a lot.

Any benefit of leveling up the summons?

Caladrius

Hey, I managed to beat Data Xemnas on my third try!
Because I was at level 100 because I really want to get to BBS. I'll do the optional fights at level 67 on my other save some time later.

Just the Lingering Will left to beat and then I'll do the write-ups for the rest of the bosses. I also have to go back and edit the earlier post because I forgot about several attacks and patterns specific to the data bosses.

I don't remember how I avoided that.

Actually, it might be better to change the way you fight him altogether. Here's a video I used that helped me a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvPQUzEI8Lg

I know about the Lance Spamming trick. (Seeing those HP bars drain is immensely satisfying) didn't think to budget them out until I could take out Xaldin in one go though. Thanks!

Vashetti

Banned
Dolan? Lmao

nKERpgV.png

Hagi

Any tips for someone who hasn't played 2 since it first came out? I picked #teamshield if it matters and just got to Sora.

I really want to get the most out of 2 before playing BBS

Kinsei

Banned
Any tips for someone who hasn't played 2 since it first came out? I picked #teamshield if it matters and just got to Sora.

I really want to get the most out of 2 before playing BBS

Reflect is amazing. If you ever have trouble use it.

Fight the absent silhouettes as soon as they appear. They'll kick your ass almost instantly, but it will give you a great sense of progression when you're finally able to beat them later.

LAA

Anybody had any luck getting their collectors edition box replaced?

I haven't had luck even getting it the first time yet.
ShopTo are basically. ..investigating where it is atm. I pray I can get the CE. If they have lost it don't know how good the chances are they can get me replacement...

Finished watching Chains of Memories. Time to watch 358/2 Days (The Organization Buys Ice Cream: The Film). God help me.

I finally got around to watching the 358/2 Days "movie" last night... it was a lot longer than I thought it would be... like 3 hours worth of ice cream eating. Even still, I thought it was fairly well done. I have decided to skip playing Re COM and just watch the cutscenes on youtube to save me time. I'm not interested in the game at all.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal

Add to that, big empty level design, and the most awful, tedious ability learning system I've ever seen, yeah. Worst game in the series by far.

Necrovex

I finally got around to watching the 358/2 Days "movie" last night... it was a lot longer than I thought it would be... like 3 hours worth of ice cream eating. Even still, I thought it was fairly well done. I have decided to skip playing Re COM and just watch the cutscenes on youtube to save me time. I'm not interested in the game at all.

That's what I did last night. No interest in playing the game (I originally played it on the GBA, long before the PS2 version was made), but I needed to refresh myself. Never touched 358/2 in any capacity.

It came out after KH2 correct? I know SE wants us to watch the film first prior to KH2, but I can't remember the exact release orders of these two titles.

Caladrius

I'm convinced Mushroom number 8 was devised by Satan.

That's what I did last night. No interest in playing the game (I originally played it on the GBA, long before the PS2 version was made), but I needed to refresh myself. Never touched 358/2 in any capacity.

It came out after KH2 correct? I know SE wants us to watch the film first prior to KH2, but I can't remember the exact release orders of these two titles.

KH2 was 2005/2006, Days was 2009.

Holmes

I remember when Days was released, I was just starting university. I remember seeing a guy in one of my calculus lectures in front of me playing the game and bring surprised because I didn't think it was out yet. Now I'm long done university. Time really flies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy shit I've screwed myself over yet again with the whole X and O swap. Clear data after final boss: Press X to save, O to to proceed. I instinctively press O before reading because JP version.

Was the Lingering Will always able to fire Blizzaga and Magnega at you?

Yes

Did not realize that Aqua is voiced by the same person who plays Thea Queen in Arrow. I never place those voices together nor did it click when I seen the actors name on Arrow.

aravuus

Holy shit I've screwed myself over yet again with the whole X and O swap. Clear data after final boss: Press X to save, O to to proceed. I instinctively press O before reading because JP version.

I suppose you need a clear save data for each three characters to open the final episode?

Making the end screen so that you can proceed without saving is such a weird decision

e: also i wasn't really enjoying my time with terra so i equipped exp walker and used a rubber band to make him run in circles while i do other shit. half an hour later i'm already almost 10 levels higher. gonna wreck shit and speed through his part now.

e2: would getting a mega flare for terra be a waste of time?

Luigi87

Yes

As I haven't played KH2FM JP in seven years, I fortunately never had that issue... yet somehow my muscle memory retained that I used to use L1+Circle for Reflect... So when I initially had it set to L1+Square this go round, I kept using the wrong ability and screwing myself over.

... Muscle memory is weird!

Falk

that puzzling face
I was playing KH2 HD through on Normal in JP so it was way more recent.

Funny part is I caught myself just in time doing KH2 HD critical/EN, but failed to save twice in a row for BBS.

e2: would getting a mega flare for terra be a waste of time?

Road map to grinding two Mega Flares is like 20 minutes tops near end-game. Get a bunch of AOE, go to Neverland, grind Creeping Fire/Fission Firaga, grind those two, bam. First Mega Flare makes grinding the second hilariously fast.

It makes the rest of the game faster too, along with Mirage Arena/etc if you're going for trophies.

Groof

Has anyone played this with a DS4? How does it feel? My DS3's battery seems shot and refuses to turn on, no matter how long I charge it so I'll have no choice.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Has anyone played this with a DS4? How does it feel? My DS3's battery seems shot and refuses to turn on, no matter how long I charge it so I'll have no choice.

I encountered a lot of issues trying to play with the DS4. The most prominent being that when tilting the left stick at certain angles my run would suddenly drop to a walk. Other controls seemed all around unresponsive as well. I ended up switching to my DS3 after trying to deal with it for 20 minutes.

Groof

I encountered a lot of issues trying to play with the DS4. The most prominent being that when tilting the left stick at certain angles my run would suddenly drop to a walk. Other controls seemed all around unresponsive as well. I ended up switching to my DS3 after trying to deal with it for 20 minutes.
Oh god say it ain't so, silver. Am I gonna have to buy a new DS3 just for this game?

aravuus

Road map to grinding two Mega Flares is like 20 minutes tops near end-game. Get a bunch of AOE, go to Neverland, grind Creeping Fire/Fission Firaga, grind those two, bam. First Mega Flare makes grinding the second hilariously fast.

It makes the rest of the game faster too, along with Mirage Arena/etc if you're going for trophies.

Yeah, started grinding for it even before I saw your reply and it's not taking too long. Fighting the countless tiny enemies is what I'm not very excited about with Terra, so maybe it'll make the game more fun for me too.

Works great with BBS

Top Bottom