• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Caladrius

Mushroom 8 is still pure evil, by the way.

Holy shit I've screwed myself over yet again with the whole X and O swap. Clear data after final boss: Press X to save, O to to proceed. I instinctively press O before reading because JP version.

Yes

I forgot about those, which is kind of baffling considering Blizzard ruined my day multiple times.

He's dead now at least. Refighting Final Boss Xemnas for the second secret ending now.

Nothing on Critical mode has been overly difficult for me yet tbh.

Except that tron race.

f that tron race.

Tron race is super easy if you just keep using the Charge move, honestly. It's really fast (unlike Attack) and enemies basically don't have time to counter it with their own Attack, so you just end up creaming everyone and coming away unscathed.

Oh, and this is nothing new, but fuck you Demyx. Any advice for handling him on Critical?

Kinsei

Banned
Tron race is super easy if you just keep using the Charge move, honestly. It's really fast (unlike Attack) and enemies basically don't have time to counter it with their own Attack, so you just end up creaming everyone and coming away unscathed.

Oh, and this is nothing new, but fuck you Demyx. Any advice for handling him on Critical?

A full reflect combo launches him. Use that to get in some good damage.

Onaco

Completely dead. Plugged in or not, no response at all.

Don't worry, there's may be a fix!

myth3.png

See that hole? Take a paper clip, mechanical pencil, or something tiny you can shove in there. Hold it in for about 5 seconds. Then try to charge the Dual Shock 3 again.

Groof

myth3.png

See that hole? Take a paper clip, mechanical pencil, or something tiny you can shove in there. Hold it in for about 5 seconds. Then try to charge the Dual Shock 3 again.
You. You I love. This is a proposal, I wish to marry you for saving my life. <3

Afrocious

Regular or data?

Psxphile

myth3.png

Neat. What else does this fix? I have one DS3 that was packed with my console that would spazz out whenever you press certain buttons/directional keys. Playing 1.5 w/ it was a chore and a half. Need to find that thing...

RPGCrazied

Damn, a lot of these Absent fights are damn hard. Only managed one so far, but I can't do Marluxia, Vexen or Larxene. Only level 41 on proud.

Also still can't level the Limit form, lol. I'm using the shortcut commands, some that take all my magic, but not getting experience. Have no idea why.

Kinsei

Banned
Damn, a lot of these Absent fights are damn hard. Only managed one so far, but I can't do Marluxia, Vexen or Larxene. Only level 41 on proud.

Also still can't level the Limit form, lol. I'm using the shortcut commands, some that take all my magic, but not getting experience. Have no idea why.

Who did you beat, Zexion or Lexaeus?

You have to complete the limit for it to count. Activate sonic blade and then keep hitting /\ until it ends to get a point.

Bladenic

Go to Limit (under Attack). Use Sonic Rave. Mash Triangle. Win. An experience point is gained when you use the Finish command for the limits (or whatever they may be called but it's Finish for Sonic Rave).

Psxphile

You have to 'complete' the Limit attack. Initiating it isn't enough. Mash that triangle and hope you don't get hit out of it (looking at YOU, Ars Arcanum).

Kinsei

Banned
Zexion, and thanks I'll try that.

If you beat Zexion, you should be able to take out Lexaeus too since they're around the same difficulty. Just stock up on some ethers and reflect his attacks until you stagger him, or ge the reaction command. The hardest part of the fight will be getting down the timing for reflecting both hits of his DM.

Bladenic

Vexen was actually the first one I defeated. Of course Zexion and Lex were cake at that point. Larxene was easy though honestly without Reflect she would be insane. Marluxia is the one I consider the hardest.

Wilsongt

Just started it up last night and slogged through the first 3h to finally get to the real game beginning. Now the true KHII begins.

Vexen was actually the first one I defeated. Of course Zexion and Lex were cake at that point. Larxene was easy though honestly without Reflect she would be insane. Marluxia is the one I consider the hardest.

I consider Marluxia the easiest :lol (well, maybe tied with Lex). I guess it's just that I learned his pattern fast. Zexion feels way more chaotic at times.

Larxene is the hardest for me if fought ASAP.

Luigi87

Freakin' Mouse!

>Do really crappy against Xaldin, Mickey shows up (No thanks)
>Do really well but mess up at the end, Mickey doesn't appear

Vashetti

Banned
Okay, Port Royal is a nightmare on Critical. Damn pirates that you can't damage unless they're in moonlight, tons of cheap deaths. I'm done for the night.

I'll grind elsewhere when I feel like it.

Kinsei

Banned
Okay, Port Royal is a nightmare on Critical. Damn pirates that you can't damage unless they're in moonlight, tons of cheap deaths. I'm done for the night.

Use magic. I'm pretty sure it still stuns them even when they're out of the moonlight.

Blizzard is your best friend in Port Royal.
It even works on Barbossa.

I'm about 7 hours in and I'm wondering when does the game pick up? It seems so slow compared to KH. I completed
Mulan's world
and am in the dungeon area of
beast's castle
Also is this game long than kh1? It was too short =[

Falk

that puzzling face

If I'm not mistaken it counts towards XP only if you hit the finisher, so yeah, spamming triangle to make sure you nail the finisher is the right solution.

Should just take a shot or two hahahah

Kinsei

Banned
I'm about 7 hours in and I'm wondering when does the game pick up? It seems so slow compared to KH. I completed
Mulan's world
and am in the dungeon area of
beast's castle
Also is this game long than kh1? It was too short =[

I just passed the half-way point, and my play time is currently 29:49. Yeah, the game is quite a bit longer than KH1.

I feel that it starts to pick up around Olympus Coliseum (The world after Beast's Castle).

You know I never once did an extra gummi mission or customized my ship. I guess I'll do it this time around since it's required for platinum.

Falk

that puzzling face
What's the best place early on to grind exp?

KH2? Beast Castle has quite a good route you can take.

Once you get to/finish Pride Lands there's a specific area that spawns like a couple billion of those orange flying things

Falk

that puzzling face
It was? I did it on my JP HD playthrough.

You go there, there's like one or two. Then out of the blue there's a billion of them. I always thought it was supposed to be some kind of intentional easter egg/gag.

Athreous

Do you think guys that they'll release a ps4 version of the collectors edition?

I'm afraid to order the ps3 version since i'm short of money atm and later they end up selling a better version for ps4 =(

Falk

that puzzling face
TWTNW or the Nobody corridor in CoR are really the best spots for lategame, since it doubles as the best place to grind Final Form.

Original question was 'early on' though.

Hiko

Banned
KH2? Beast Castle has quite a good route you can take.

Once you get to/finish Pride Lands there's a specific area that spawns like a couple billion of those orange flying things

Which route? I'm there right now. I just beat the miniboss and had to get my ass saved by mickey twice. I forgot how hard critical mode is lol. So many random one shot deaths.

Falk

that puzzling face
Which route? I'm there right now. I just beat the miniboss and had to get my ass saved by mickey twice. I forgot how hard critical mode is lol. So many random one shot deaths.

Bellle's room -> main hall -> west wing -> Beast's corridor -> warp out at Beast's room. This is also a pretty decent spot for grinding Wisdom form as a 5-gauge should be able to last you to where you warp out for a full gauge refill. (If underlevelled you can zoom past the last corridor and ignore enemies for the time being till you actually level Wisdom a few times and get higher Wisdom gauge count)

aravuus

You go there, there's like one or two. Then out of the blue there's a billion of them. I always thought it was supposed to be some kind of intentional easter egg/gag.

Huh. I never hung out there for more than a few seconds after I noticed the little heartless weren't there right away so I could be wrong.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong tbh, I love how some RPGs have spots like that one.

But what did they drop? In the original KH2 they drop MP balls so you can spam Magnega while in EXP Chance and level up like crazy. In FM they drop HP balls to screw with your EXP/MP.

I went there yesterday, there was a single one of them but it dropped HP balls.

Top Bottom