• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys .. what are the requirements to get all the endings in KH2 on Critical mode ?

Falk

that puzzling face
Bwahahahaha Ventus' dodge roll looks even more hilarious than Sora's

VENTUS HURRY, WE NEED TO RESCUE AURORA FROM THAT EVIL CASTLE UP AT THE END OF THIS WINDING NARROW MOUNTAIN PATH

Ventus: OK!

*ventus rolls up the hill*

Kinsei

Banned
Can you please link me to a handy guide that tells where these bosses might be encountered ?

Lingering Will: Hall of the Cornerstone at Disney Castle after beating the game.
Data XIII: At the end of the Cavern of Remembrance in Radiant Garden
Mushroom XIII: Check your journal. They show up under missions once you can access them.

Bwahahahaha Ventus' dodge roll looks even more hilarious than Sora's

VENTUS HURRY, WE NEED TO RESCUE AURORA FROM THAT EVIL CASTLE UP AT THE END OF THIS WINDING NARROW MOUNTAIN PATH

Ventus: OK!

*ventus rolls up the hill*
Just wait until Aqua's. She can cartwheel up stairs.

aravuus

The sounds Aqua make while cartwheeling are hilarious though

e: wish i could skip the npc rounds in command board. it's slow enough as it is. also i swear to god these fucking dice have something against me.

i really like the idea of leveling up and getting new commands this way but this is too slow paced

Holmes

How the hell do I get 1,000 points in Maniac mode in Phil's training? The pots don't spawn fast enough for me to get to 1,000. I break them all the moment they spawn, and then wait 10 seconds for more to spawn. I usually end up with 700 points.

edit: nevermind, had to unequip Explosion and smash the big pots into the little ones.

LAA

Anyone have any any tips or a guide for gummi ship trophies for KH2 FM? I heard about the doughnut ship strategy but one video I seen for it, I just don't have the parts. Is this something I should be able to do at the end game or can the ship be made sooner?

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone have any any tips or a guide for gummi ship trophies for KH2 FM? I heard about the doughnut ship strategy but one video I seen for it, I just don't have the parts. Is this something I should be able to do at the end game or can the ship be made sooner?

You can S rank all of the regular first missions your first time through a route. I'd wait until You reach the final world before trying the EX and level 2 & 3 missions.

I started on lvl 1 CM. Up to Hollow Bastion now. Twilight Thorn took me a few tries. His attacks are somewhat difficult to dodge, but at least the Nobodies he summons drop large HP balls. Once he did his reaction command sequence a second time, I just needed another two combos and he was done.

Axel I annihilated lol. The second fight with him ended too quickly :p I wonder how his Data version holds up.

In HB, the sword ninja Nobodies are nasty. They can hit you with a hard combo that'll kill you even at a high HP (for lvl 1 CM anyway). I'm at the part where you have to defend the gate. Lost a few times, and now I'm taking a break.

Fire magic and ether, spam both.

Maffia

Neo Member
I finished watching the re:coded cutscenes last night. Watched them all in one go.
I have to say, that may have been the most painful experience I've had the displeasure of going through in quite some time. I'm so glad I never played the original game.

I think I'll tackle KH2 first. I was going to play BbS but having to play through each character's story 3 times to platinum the game doesn't seem fun. It would be great if I could use my save file on my PSP to give myself a head start.

I finished watching the re:coded cutscenes last night. Watched them all in one go.
I have to say, that may have been the most painful experience I've had the displeasure of going through in quite some time. I'm so glad I never played the original game.

I think I'll tackle KH2 first. I was going to play BbS but having to play through each character's story 3 times to platinum the game doesn't seem fun. It would be great if I could use my save file on my PSP to give myself a head start.

Why do you have to play through each character 3 times? Do difficulty trophies not stack or something?

Watching Re:Coded was pretty painful for me as well. It was more so to do with the fact that the game would slow down every few seconds, so the screen would be frozen for while. Glad I got that over with 1st.

iosefe

Ty! And what about choosing sheild or whatever it is, I read around here ppl saying to choose that?

shield for an easier time.

i'm talking during the Awakening. you can choose a bonus to strength, Def, or Magic with the struggle bat choice. i went for Def +1

I'm such a coward. I'm running around beating literally every single other thing possible (outside of some of the tougher Absent Silhouettes and the Cave of Remembrance of course) before taking Xaldin on with Critical difficulty, lol. Every other world's beaten (except for Space Paranoids and the Coliseum, of course, since part 2 of those isn't available yet). I figure Lexaeus and Vexen ought to be doable, but no way can I touch Larxene until I've got Second Chance equipped and my level's not quite there yet.

Lightning

Banned
I'm such a coward. I'm running around beating literally every single other thing possible (outside of some of the tougher Absent Silhouettes and the Cave of Remembrance of course) before taking Xaldin on with Critical difficulty, lol. Every other world's beaten (except for Space Paranoids and the Coliseum, of course, since part 2 of those isn't available yet). I figure Lexaeus and Vexen ought to be doable, but no way can I touch Larxene until I've got Second Chance equipped and my level's not quite there yet.
Xaldin is not that hard, not anywhere near that hard. Stay away from him and use the reaction commands to get the jump command to 9 then let him have it. Do this twice and he will be goners. The only attack to worry about is his dragon attack, don't get trapped in a corner by that crap and it will be okay. I go to one side then quickly air dash to the other side as soon as he starts that attack.

He was one of the easier main bosses to defeat. I defeated him first time at level 35.

Larxene, Zexion, Lexaeus and Vexen were all beaten in my game before I got to TWTNW. Marluxia was the only one who gave me real issues only because of that stupid doom counter and his habit of doing a lot of quick hits.

Oni3298

Finally got to the final boss in kh2 i critical mode. Now to do all the other extra stuff and level everything up. Getting here was challenging, but definitely not hard. Hardest fight I had so far was against silhouette lexaeus, and I'm expecting harder for the data xiii fights.

RPGCrazied

Got the limit form to level three. Another thing I was doing wrong I kept holding down the L1 button. This time when using Sonic Rave, I let go of the L1 button and used triangle commands.

30 hours in now and only have Lion King and Space Paranoids 2nd time through and will be finished with the worlds!

Xaldin is not that hard, not anywhere near that hard. Stay away from him and use the reaction commands to get the jump command to 9 then let him have it. Do this twice and he will be goners. The only attack to worry about is his dragon attack, don't get trapped in a corner by that crap and it will be okay. I go to one side then quickly air dash to the other side as soon as he starts that attack.

He was one of the easier main bosses to defeat. I defeated him first time at level 35.

Larxene, Zexion, Lexaeus and Vexen were all beaten in my game before I got to TWTNW. Marluxia was the only one who gave me real issues only because of that stupid doom counter and his habit of doing a lot of quick hits.

Don't you have to be kind of up close to Xaldin to get the Learn reaction?

Afrocious

You can S rank all of the regular first missions your first time through a route. I'd wait until You reach the final world before trying the EX and level 2 & 3 missions.
I'm actually before the hollow bastion second visit and I've s ranked at least of EX mission in the current gummi tracks. I've been doing them as I progressed.

Donut + neon + firaga and blizzaga guns are OP

Lightning

Banned
Don't you have to be kind of up close to Xaldin to get the Learn reaction?
Semi close, you don't need to be within key blade hitting though and you gain the learns very fast, several per attack. Xaldin has great reach so you will be within his hitting range but by learning the learn you shouldn't die unless your defence is way to low but your defence for that time should be fine.

He doesn't do his dangerous attacks at the start of the fight. He starts them after you've nailed him for most of his health but as long as you don't allow him to attack while at critical health you'll be fine. You can do this by not depleting his health below 2 bars until you have enough learns to kill him.

Afrocious

IMO Marluxia is one the easier data fights. If your guard and reflect game is tight, he's a breeze.

I hate Vexen and Xigbar the most

Vashetti

Banned
So there's a book in the Underworld that takes me to a Zexion fight. I'm assuming I have to beat him here to unlock him in that 'room' in Hollow Bastion I've heard about where you can fight all the Org. members?

Psxphile

Xaldin was my toughest customer (Critical). Mickey had to save me twice. Wasn't there a way to avoid the dragon breath attack by getting behind the statues along the bridge? I seem to remember that working in vanilla or even FM Proud but not this time. My old tactic was to rush to the other end of the bridge and hope for the best but I thought I had found a better way... guess not.

I've gotten S-ranks in a few Gummi ship missions and even a 100% or two thanks to the doughnut ship strategy. With the gummis and ship cost I'm currently at, my ship THEWORLDISSQUARE isn't very maneuverable but it can blast a hole in just about anything. Turns out avoiding lasers and focusing on cannons and ship power via cockpits was the best way to go, same for the Teeny ships (basically just Fira and Blizzara cannons and nothing else). Still, there's going to be EX missions that the ship won't be able to do. Gonna have to think on the best way to tackling those. And I haven't even gotten to the final Gummi Route yet.

I've never played the Gummi ship mini-game in KH2 as extensively as I'm doing now. Dare I say it's actually kind of fun once you abuse the system.

Luigi87

So... Did not realize that if you don't do the Pride Lands
first visit
prior to the game's mid-point, and do it afterwards, Scar gets two more health bars... This is making him incredibly tedious to deal with at lv.1... Especially since Lion Sora sucks.

Afrocious

So there's a book in the Underworld that takes me to a Zexion fight. I'm assuming I have to beat him here to unlock him in that 'room' in Hollow Bastion I've heard about where you can fight all the Org. members?

Yup

Xaldin was my toughest customer (Critical). Mickey had to save me twice. Wasn't there a way to avoid the dragon breath attack by getting behind the statues along the bridge? I seem to remember that working in vanilla or even FM Proud but not this time. My old tactic was to rush to the other end of the bridge and hope for the best but I thought I had found a better way... guess not.

I've gotten S-ranks in a few Gummi ship missions and even a 100% or two thanks to the doughnut ship strategy. With the gummis and ship cost I'm currently at, my ship THEWORLDISSQUARE isn't very maneuverable but it can blast a hole in just about anything. Turns out avoiding lasers and focusing on cannons and ship power via cockpits was the best way to go, same for the Teeny ships (basically just Fira and Blizzara cannons and nothing else). Still, there's going to be EX missions that the ship won't be able to do. Gonna have to think on the best way to tackling those. And I haven't even gotten to the final Gummi Route yet.

I've never played the Gummi ship mini-game in KH2 as extensively as I'm doing now. Dare I say it's actually kind of fun once you abuse the system.

Yeah it's very fun once you game it.

I had to pick and choose EX missions. I went with the ingress that required the least modifications to my giant red square.

Afrocious

So... Did not realize that if you don't do the Pride Lands
first visit
prior to the game's mid-point, and do it afterwards, Scar gets two more health bars... This is making him incredibly tedious to deal with at lv.1... Especially since Lion Sora sucks.

That fight was annoying in general. I just finished it. I cheesed the fight. I stocked up on ethers and spammed Simbas limit until Scar was dead.

Lightning

Banned
IMO Marluxia is one the easier data fights. If your guard and reflect game is tight, he's a breeze.

Xigbar was a nightmare. I hated fighting him with a passion, along with Roxas. Those 2 fights were the hardest main story fights for me.

Xigbar was a nightmare. I hated fighting him with a passion, along with Roxas. Those 2 fights were the hardest main story fights for me.

I've always found the Xigbar fight to be a total blast if your reaction-command speed is quick. Tons of warping around and hitting him with his own shots and barely taking a lick of damage if you do it all right. <3

His faster attacks are still telegraphed, so they're almost *easier* to time Reflect for, too.

Kinsei

Banned

He' a breeze even without guarding/reflecting. So long as you always stop him from creating the pools of death in his second phase, you're never in any real danger.

Falk

that puzzling face
I hope you guys really like Command Board because you have to do all of them 6 times. Oh God.

ed: once for each character then once again in Mirage Arena.

Luigi87

I hope you guys really like Command Board because you have to do all of them 6 times. Oh God.

ed: once for each character then once again in Mirage Arena.

I really liked Command Board on PSP, but that was because I played it during my commute to school (I lived in a different city than my college).

Playing it here at home on TV, hmm...

Top Bottom