• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Berordn

I was actually really disappointed with that being the post-game boss. I had no idea who it was for one thing, and I dunno... I guess I just prefer the optional bosses that are story related like in previous games. I didn't even fight him in KH3D bc I had no interest in fighting that character for some reason, lol.

I'll take a niche Disney reference over another "hooded guy" secret fight any day. It's what they should be doing when they've got SO MUCH to draw from.

I'll take a niche Disney reference over another "hooded guy" secret fight any day. It's what they should be doing when they've got SO MUCH to draw from.

I can see that as a good reason to do Disney bosses, but I dunno... I tend to prefer the hooded enemies even if they all look pretty similar, lol. Sometimes you're like, "Who the hell is this story character? I wonder how important they will be later?" ie: KH1FM, KH2FM, and BBS secret bosses.

c7NJRa2.gif

I started on Critical is this game hard to platinum? What about optional bosses and exploits in the game that make it easy? I generally hate mini games is there a lot of them tied to trophies? Hated the mini games in acre wood on KH1.

I agree with this. I want the best of both worlds.

KH2FM and KH3D aside, they've been pretty good about it. KH1FM had
Xemnas
and Ice Titan, and BBSFM had Monstro and
Young Xehanort.

DS4s work terribly with KHII, but work fine with BBS for some odd reason.

Afrocious

KH2FM and KH3D aside, they've been pretty good about it. KH1FM had
Xemnas
and Ice Titan, and BBSFM had Monstro and
Young Xehanort.

DS4s work terribly with KHII, but work fine with BBS for some odd reason.

Exactly. I also love the Data fights and Terra.

I think the KH series has done well with secret bosses. I do think 3D could've had more to go along with Julius though.

I want the return of balanced optional bosses from KH1(FM). A mix of mega heartless, FF, KH and Disney.

I still want Gilgamesh for example as the next FF superboss. I really don't want Sephy to return.

Niosai

Since I couldn't get the special edition of the game (and didn't preorder since I thought I was getting the special edition) I've held off on buying. Today, Amazon relisted the limited edition so I snagged it up immediately. Can't wait!!!

I never played kingdom hearts 2, how does the pacing and openness compare to something like ffxii? or is to more heavy on story like a tales game?

KH2 is absolutely nothing like FFXII in terms of openness or anything like that. It has better pacing than XII though (which has serious pacing/story issues). It's more story heavy in general.

RPGCrazied

No wonder why wisdom form is taking ages to level up, I'm not using magic. lol I've been pew pewing everything. Now I need to go back to the first area of the world that never was and spam thundaga. Finally maxed out Valor.

I never played kingdom hearts 2, how does the pacing and openness compare to something like ffxii? or is to more heavy on story like a tales game?
I'm not an expert on Tales games but the pacing is sooo much better than FFXII, that's for damn sure (well, outside of the beginning that can be a slog). There are a lot of story cutscenes all the time but there is quite a bit of gameplay thrown in there too after you have completed the ''tutorial'' part of the game that takes perhaps something like 2+ hours for first time players.

I still can't believe how bad the pacing was in XII :d

edit: oh, and indeed KH2 isn't exactly an ''open game''. It's very linear in nature even tho you can choose the order you do some parts of the game.

Luigi87

No wonder why wisdom form is taking ages to level up, I'm not using magic. lol I've been pew pewing everything. Now I need to go back to the first area of the world that never was and spam thundaga. Finally maxed out Valor.

Wisdom actually levels by defeating Heartless in it.

DemiMatt

I played both KH games for PS2, I'm curious if I only need 2.5 for he remakes, if I buy 1.5 it's only for KH as I have no interested in the other games (also played). So is it worth replaying? (1.5) or should I just get 2.5?

I want the return of balanced optional bosses from KH1(FM). A mix of mega heartless, FF, KH and Disney.

Yeah, as far as variety goes, I think KH1FM still has the best lineup of optional bosses.

Really, the only thing BBSFM was missing was a FF superboss. There were optional boss Unversed in the form of Iron Imprisoner and Mimic Master, Monstro covered the Disney angle, and there were at least 4 KH original characters serving as super bosses.

Despite being a really damned cool reference, Julius stands out a little negatively because KH3D has him and no one else. FFS, they could have put those nice TWEWY models to use in an optional boss fight or something.

I played both KH games for PS2, I'm curious if I only need 2.5 for he remakes, if I buy 1.5 it's only for KH as I have no interested in the other games (also played). So is it worth replaying? (1.5) or should I just get 2.5?

Buy both. I'm pretty sure 1.5 is a Greatest Hits title now, so even if you're only getting it for KH1, it's still worth it for $20.

Afrocious

Just now noticed that computer
Xemnas
uses in Hollow Bastion requires the six founding member's real names.

That's up to you. I hadn't played KHFM in a while. I think the Final Mix content in 1 is good.

How many new ones are there? I think I've only seen one of them, and I'm almost done with the game. Unless I already saw some and didn't think they were new.

Not counting the secret ending there are like 7 new scenes. You certainly have seen more than one, there are 3 new scenes before you hit any of the disney worlds for example.

I actually kinda liked how the game would just shut up and let me explore 4 large zones without a cutscene, actually.
I didn't like that after clearing Holocaust Mountain you would get few lines from Balthier and off you go to Nightmare Forest. Not to mention the story itself wasn't a very good hook.

Regarding the scenes I do wonder why they didn't bother to voice the KH1FM ones. There are like 2 scenes that needed voicing and both only needed Rikus voice to work. And considering Riku sounds pretty close to what he did in KH1 and they had him do new lines for Days anyway it kinda feels wasted.

Caladrius

I'd like a mix of cameo and original superbosses. Especially something from Square (preferably a character they haven't used before.)

How many new ones are there? I think I've only seen one of them, and I'm almost done with the game. Unless I already saw some and didn't think they were new.

There's about 6 or 7 of them, and the "new" secret ending.

from what I remember, 2 or 3 close to the prologue, the
Chamber of Repose
scene in Hollow Bastion, (Endgame plot spoilers)
Roxas and Axel's goodbye cutscene, and the Thank Namine scene during the final boss

RPGCrazied

Not counting the secret ending there are like 7 new scenes. You certainly have seen more than one, there are 3 new scenes before you hit any of the disney worlds for example.

Interesting. The one I remember was seeing the armor(I think its from BBS) at the end. That was a cool cutscene.

Caladrius

Wow. Seeing that scene with Zexion and Vexen in English was so cool.

I swear Braig is playing everyone, even Xehanort.

Oh, there's also that scene (which I regrettably skipped over because I forgot when it played)

Who voices Xenmas? Holy shit he is a good voice actor.

His English VA is Paul St. Peter. He was also the announcer for Soul Calibur 5.
His Japanese VA is (quite fittingly) Norio Wakamoto

RPGCrazied

I don't envy you guys doing Critical first time through. I'm doing Proud for all trophies, then later I will do Critical(or try) for my last trophy. Will skip cutscenes to make it faster.

Anyone have general advice for a big KH fan (played and 100%'d them all pretty much) who's about to tackle the Final Mix content in both games for the first time? I know what to expect in the vanilla games, of course, but is there any pre-planning I should do or anything level-wise to be able to tackle the Final Mix content more easily? I'll probably be playing on Proud (that's what I usually go with and what I played on in 1.5 as well).

Top Bottom