• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is it just me or is Xaldin's voice the coolest in this game? "Where's the fun in this" "SORA! Beware the face of despair!"

Played through Roxas part today. Won't probably be able to get a good session in until the weekend. I changed my mind and decided to go ahead and play through critical and it's not bad at all. (Well so far, might change for me when I play through the rest of the game)

I heard you started out with some extra abilities but definitely didn't expect that many, especially MP Hastera.

Holmes

I can't fucking get 85 hits on Mushroom no. 8 before it falls back down. I dunno. It's really frustrating me. I go into Master Form, start duel, spam Thundaga until I have no MP, start the combo in the air, and for some reason, after about 45 hits, the Mushroom loves to just fly far away from Sora and I can't hit it again before it falls. Fuck.

I can't fucking get 85 hits on Mushroom no. 8 before it falls back down. I dunno. It's really frustrating me. I go into Master Form, start duel, spam Thundaga until I have no MP, start the combo in the air, and for some reason, after about 45 hits, the Mushroom loves to just fly far away from Sora and I can't hit it again before it falls. Fuck.

Yup, I've been there. Not much to it, just have to hope you hit it at the right angle.

How do i get limit form upgraded? I know i have to spam the special moves till it comes up with finish but i just run out of mp too quickly?

How do i get limit form upgraded? I know i have to spam the special moves till it comes up with finish but i just run out of mp too quickly?

Go to the Cave of Wonders, Treasure room. Start the mushroom fight, then spam Sonic Rave until out of MP. Go back out to the save point, active it to full your MP instantly, go back into the Mushroom fight, rinse and repeat.

I was hoping that for the Critical trophy in BBS you would only have to do it with Aqua but nope, just beat the secret episode and the trophy didn't pop so I guess I have to go back and beat Terra and Ven story in Critical...

Luigi87

I was hoping that for the Critical trophy in BBS you would only have to do it with Aqua but nope, just beat the secret episode and the trophy didn't pop so I guess I have to go back and beat Terra and Ven story in Critical...

Yeah the game tracks progress with an overall System Save, which also monitors which stories you've cleared, and the difficulties you've cleared them all. That way nothing is lost when you switch between character files.

Falk

that puzzling face
Serious question: is it even possible to get 85 hits on Mushroom no. 8 or is everyone who said they have lying?

Think of this as FFX chocobo racing. Same mindset - if you can't get it in 15 hours, it's not your fault, just try again later for your own sanity

edit: I meant minutes, not hours. Leaving it there for hilarity

Holmes

To be honest, it doesn't even make sense. I've done this enough times to notice that there's a pattern that depends on when I start my combo. The mushroom always falls down whenever my MP is nearly recharged (but not fully recharged so I can't keep it in the air with Thundaga). When I start the combo right after Curaga, it's usually about 70 hits. When I start the combo midway recharged, it's about 40 hits. And when I start the combo when my MP is nearly recharged, just 5 hits and he falls right back down.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just beat Ventus story on critical and the game is stuck on a black screen

is this what death is like

Yoyoenix91

Neo Member
If enough people emailed Square Enix, do you think they might release a patch to fix the minor things that need fixing with the collection?

I don't see them easily fixing the drive load times, and to be honest, that's not a big issue to me. It's annoying needing to pause to buffer the load times, but not a game breaker.

Instead, what worries me is the lag in some Commands I've been reading about, like the Reversal command with the final boss.

If enough people spoke up, maybe something could be done? All I see are people saying "lol SE won't fix a thing", like they're giving up on it already. :- (

Other than all this, I'm satisfied with the collection. :- )

I just beat Ventus story on critical and the game is stuck on a black screen

is this what death is like

Happened to me after finishing KH2 on Critical. Riku pulls out the message from the bottle and...

blank screen.

I had to beat the game again

Psxphile

Who voices Xenmas? Holy shit he is a good voice actor.

px3pmdW.gif

EDIT: http://www.myinstants.com/instant/xemnas-indeed/

I might need to do research, but Braig sounds awfully like the guy on the radio in P.T.....

I know the dude voicing Xigbar really should do more VA work. He hasn't done much apart from KH and minor roles AFAIK and he ain't bad at all.

He voices Private from the Penguins of Madagascar. He's got range.

Psxphile

Just now noticed that computer
Xemnas
uses in Hollow Bastion requires the six founding member's real names.

It's not really obvious, since all you see are asterisks in place of letters but by counting character spaces you could probably figure it out without resorting to looking up an Ultimania translation online. The initial password was also a head-scratcher:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6d94bcee11f816231b0363a715e3a510/tumblr_inline_n1ez58CyYL1rsf4uu.png

The name Xehanort is just the word "Another" + the letter "X" jumbled up. You can also derive "No Heart" from Another which
is the name of the last of the optional boss fights in the Mirage Arena added to BBS FM

Actually, this whole scene was pretty much what started the
"Xemnas is hiding something"
secondary plotline that occasionally crept up in Days. It makes you question if
he's really all that invested in his ultimate plan to forge Kingdom Hearts or if he has another agenda altogether.
Shame it got ignored in 3D for the
"actually we did have hearts eventually I just told everyone they didn't"
reveal instead.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man I fucking love playing through the beginning. I'm even sad that I have to now start playing as Sora.

yet another reason to push for a pc version so you can mod roxas in

yeayeayeayea

edit: Hahahah, I have no idea if it was like this on PSP BBSFM but there's an anti-rubberband feature - if the sticks don't change position after a while you just stop. So no AFK EXP Walker.

getting this on christmas ;__; hopefully this thread is not dead by then.
Yeah Luxord's is up there, after fighting Saix, I kept laughing when he yelled 'moved aside' and killed Donald XD

I also like Axel's and Xemnas' voices.

P.S. Finally got my cool boy Riku, now to finish up the end and do some post game stuff.
BTW is there a way for me to trigger Final form quicker?

Oh and why are Saix's (Isa) and Xigbar's (Braig) eyes exactly like Xehanort? I remember there was some reason behind that.
Their eyes are like that because (big Dream Drop Distance spoilers)
they're Xehanort vessels

yet another reason to push for a pc version so you can mod roxas in

yeayeayeayea

edit: Hahahah, I have no idea if it was like this on PSP BBSFM but there's an anti-rubberband feature - if the sticks don't change position after a while you just stop. So no AFK EXP Walker.

You'll need a 3rd party turbo controller to keep pushing R1 continually (not not a constant push, like 5 times a second or something) while running.

If you don't have one, rubber band your sticks at the edge of a screenchange and make the character run in a circle. They will keep running between screens, which is slow but doesn't stop.

EDIT: Also, doing in areas with enemies, it won't stop, at least in my experience. Kill some but leave others unspawned. Also, keeping the stick not directly sideways, (like at 60 degrees or so) also works usually...

...I spent a long time figuring this out. People might claim cheating, but it doing this trick really only works until late 50s. After that, it takes 1-2 hours per level, so unless you leave it going for a week straight, you'll still have a hard time with optional bosses/arena fights.

Kain

It's not really obvious, since all you see are asterisks in place of letters but by counting character spaces you could probably figure it out without resorting to looking up an Ultimania translation online. The initial password was also a head-scratcher:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6d94bcee11f816231b0363a715e3a510/tumblr_inline_n1ez58CyYL1rsf4uu.png

The name Xehanort is just the word "Another" + the letter "X" jumbled up. You can also derive "No Heart" from Another which
is the name of the last of the optional boss fights in the Mirage Arena added to BBS FM

he's really all that invested in his ultimate plan to forge Kingdom Hearts or if he has another agenda altogether.
reveal instead.

Yeah, Xemnas always seemed

disinterested in Master Xehanort's plan, like he participated reluctantly and had better things to do.

The "Xemnas is hiding something" I think comes from the Chamber of repose thing.

So what are the chances this will come to ps4? I want to retire my ps3 finally!

From the comments of the director and FFX/X-2 I'd say the chances are pretty good. The downside is that it probably will take a long time to come and it's possible that they run into problems with whatever issues they have with digital releases of these titles since PS4 release would mandate a digital version.

From the comments of the director and FFX/X-2 I'd say the chances are pretty good. The downside is that it probably will take a long time to come and it's possible that they run into problems with whatever issues they have with digital releases of these titles since PS4 release would mandate a digital version.

What issues do they have with digital releases? Didn't ffx have a digital version from day one?

What issues do they have with digital releases? Didn't ffx have a digital version from day one?

KH didn't and they have some issues they don't want to talk about. Speculation for the reason usually is about Disney having issue with it or some licensing problems with Utada Hikaru songs.

If enough people emailed Square Enix, do you think they might release a patch to fix the minor things that need fixing with the collection?

I don't see them easily fixing the drive load times, and to be honest, that's not a big issue to me. It's annoying needing to pause to buffer the load times, but not a game breaker.

Instead, what worries me is the lag in some Commands I've been reading about, like the Reversal command with the final boss.

If enough people spoke up, maybe something could be done? All I see are people saying "lol SE won't fix a thing", like they're giving up on it already. :- (

Other than all this, I'm satisfied with the collection. :- )

When Square heard about the glitches in DDD, they replied back saying that these issues do not exist (which is false) and therefore will not be patched. I highly doubt they'll patch this game, no matter how loud the voices are. It's a shame, the freezing at the start of a battle annoys me.

Joqu

reveal instead.

Yeah Xemnas in 3D
was weird in that regard, but I'm still under the assumption Terra has influenced him more than it seems he has and I'm gonna keep doing that until KH3 completely shatters that plotline. It's way more interesting than what they went with in 3D. :(

Yoyoenix91

Neo Member
When Square heard about the glitches in DDD, they replied back saying that these issues do not exist (which is false) and therefore will not be patched. I highly doubt they'll patch this game, no matter how loud the voices are. It's a shame, the freezing at the start of a battle annoys me.
Woah, that's shocking. Got a source? I wanna see that. :-(

Also, I found this on Gamefaqs, concerning the reaction command. It's interesting.

"oh. if you're all talking about the Reversal command when he throws you up in the air in the final fight, that's not a bug. not in the slightest.

See, the Reversal command only appears when the Twilight Thorns are about to hit you. A fair amount of the time when he does the "We shall go together" throw, the Thorns just simply arent close enough to cause the reaction command to appear. it's been like that since KH2 vanilla.

You're not dodging him, you're dodging the thorns. the thing is simply that during that sequence, the thorns are constantly spawning and trying to hit you. but they start spawning the second he throws you, thus they "miss", causing the reaction command to not appear. so yeah, not a bug, just simply a timing issue."

Top Bottom