• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

aravuus

Honestly I don't like how you have to return to every Disney world two times to complete it. Takes me out of it. I hardly care the second time around. The only noteworthy second trip is Beast's Castle imo.

I like it. Kind of gives this feeling that the Org members actually have something to do with those worlds too. Otherwise it could have felt like the Disney worlds were just disconnected episodes you go through before the "real story" begins. If that makes any sense.

I want more locations like the
Cavern of Remembrance
. It was pretty much the only "true dungeon" of the series in the full sense of that word. Because it requires everything you have to beat, both in terms of combat and in terms of abilities and platforming (also a bit of thinking, which is not something I often remember doing while playing KH) you actually feel really accomplished. Personal favorite location of KH2 by far.

I feel like KH1 Hollow Bastion is the only other world that captured that "typical RPG dungeon" feel that you don't really see in the series too often. (Being designed do be the final dungeon at one point probably helps) While the series has never had great level design aside from the aforementioned two instances, one thing I'd like for them to bring back from KH1 is the level of interactions with the world.

There's a lot of small little details and things to do in KH1's worlds, and it really went a long way towards making each world just a little more memorable. Little things like getting items from Big Ben in Neverland at certain hours of the day, or the secret item you can get in the Traverse Town hotel you get by hitting a clock at a specific time.

Vashetti

Banned
I feel like KH1 Hollow Bastion is the only other world that captured that "typical RPG dungeon" feel that you don't really see in the series too often. (Being designed do be the final dungeon at one point probably helps) While the series has never had great level design aside from the aforementioned two instances, one thing I'd like for them to bring back from KH1 is the level of interactions with the world.

There's a lot of small little details and things to do in KH1's worlds, and it really went a long way towards making each world just a little more memorable. Little things like getting items from Big Ben in Neverland at certain hours of the day, or the secret item you can get in the Traverse Town hotel you get by hitting it at a specific time.

Yeah, with KH2, once you've done everything to do in a world, bar certain ones (i.e. Olympus, etc.) there's no incentive to return.

Jigolo

I've pretty much beaten every world up to Halloween town but I haven't bought donald or goofy any more powerful weapons. Where would be a good place to get the best ones?

Vashetti

Banned
I've pretty much beaten every world up to Halloween town but I haven't bought donald or goofy any more powerful weapons. Where would be a good place to get the best ones?

I've just been buying the next 'best one' whenever they become available. I'll own them all eventually.

Not much more to spend your munny on anyway.

Kinsei

Banned

Go back to the palace in Land of Dragons and get 85 kills during the mushroom challenge to get a new shield for Goofy. Go back to the waterway in Timeless River and beat the mushroom there within 19 seconds to get a new staff for Donald. Those should last you for a good while. To do the challenges use wisdom form and spam your regular attack.

Thank god for the two Lucky Strikes you get on Critical. Got a few Energy Crystals (Those will make getting Ultima Weapon a lot easier) and Akashic Record for Goofy from the Bookmasters in Hollow Bastion within two minutes of each other. Akhasic record should hold me over 'til I get Vexen's shield for Goofy.

Kinsei

Banned
So for the folks gunning for the KH2 Platinum: When are you going to do every mission in the journal?

I'm doing them as they show up (minus the ones I can't do with my current abilities/equipment). Going through the second Olympus visit with 6 drive bars was weird.

I hope you guys really like Command Board because you have to do all of them 6 times. Oh God.

ed: once for each character then once again in Mirage Arena.

You don't have to do all 6 times. You have to win each one once with all characters.

In the Arena, you just have to win a board 7 times. You can just play the first one over and over again. I did :)

EDIT: Interesting. In Japanese, it's コマンドボードで7回以上優勝する which means "Win 7 or more times in Command Board"... I did this by playing the first Command board 7 times.

In English, it's: Win on All Seven Command Boards... Either translation miss or, maybe the requirements are actually different? Anyone willing to test?

As much as I'd like to see another FF/Square superboss, they're probably going to go with Sephiroth for tradition's sake.

I do hope we get a few FF bosses, though. Who was the last (non recurring) FF boss... Zack?

Bladenic

Wouldn't mind a new FF super boss. Maybe more than one. I hope they have more Disney bosses too. They still have Titans to choose from.

Afrocious

As much as I'd like to see another FF/Square superboss, they're probably going to go with Sephiroth for tradition's sake.

I do hope we get a few FF bosses, though. Who was the last (non recurring) FF boss... Zack?

You would be correct. There were no FF character fights in 3D :/

Also got a lucky Akashic Record drop. Heartless dun Goof'd.

Falk

that puzzling face
FF7 has been the biggest tie-in to Kingdom Hearts. There's the whole Cloud+Sephiroth subplot along with Tifa and Aeris kinda reprising their love triangle role. While other installments have had characters here and there, they don't meld in the same way (what with the whole Olympus Coliseum tie in and even Zack making an appearance)

Considering a lot of the other entries in the series already have had their characters 'used up' in cameos, I'm wondering if we'll get another entire subplot like that one. (e.g. Leon/Squall is already fit into a role per-se, Tidus is some no-name on Destiny Islands, Yuna is a joke character cameo, not sure if they wanna touch FFIX)

Considering they're still technically Nomura's babies, I wouldn't be surprised if the next 'big-thing' are the cast of FFXIII. Of course, the characters themselves can be re-written, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

I don't know anything. Honest.

Afrocious

Julius is a character from the animated short: Runaway Brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2VmXcvRyHo

Holy shit I'm in the nostalgia zone. MORE!

LgVxM99.gif

RPGCrazied

Level 50 now, I can pretty much handle the first area of the remembrance cave, but don't have the abilities to get past the 2nd room. On space paranoids 2nd time right now. Kinda wish the Roxas battle was still a cutscene, lol. He whooped me, hopefully get more levels in Space Paranoids.

Afrocious

Just reached Space Paranoids. The crew's expressions are hilarious when Tron's explaining the computer to them. Kinda reminds me of intro to comp sci filled with non CS majors.

Holmes

So for the folks gunning for the KH2 Platinum: When are you going to do every mission in the journal?
I'm doing this now. Beat the game the other night and I'm going back to every world to get chests and puzzle pieces I missed, and do the missions.

Just reached Space Paranoids. The crew's expressions are hilarious when Tron's explaining the computer to them. Kinda reminds me of intro to comp sci filled with non CS majors.
I don't know why a non-CS student would take a computer science course unless they wanted to die.

Lightning

Banned
Wow, the first Heartless boss of Halloween Town is super broken, even on Critical.

Just stay underneath it and it can barely hit you. I didn't even try.
It's a funny game even on critical. I had a hard time until finishing Olympus first time, then cruised through until Space Paranoids final time/Twilight Town final time/TWTNW when things started getting tough again.

In between those places Crisom Jazz were the only enemies that caused me issues and only when facing more than 2 of them together.

I'd be fine with ( postgame KH3D spoiler)
Julias or whatever from the postgame

I was actually really disappointed with that being the post-game boss. I had no idea who it was for one thing, and I dunno... I guess I just prefer the optional bosses that are story related like in previous games. I didn't even fight him in KH3D bc I had no interest in fighting that character for some reason, lol.

Sigmaah

Is there an issue with ds4s? I'm using that atm and when I move with my left analog stick, sometimes Roxas just slowly walks, happens with both my ds4s.

Top Bottom