• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

aravuus

I guess. I love minigames in RPGs in general, they usually wield some neat extra loot but jesus christ don't make them mandatory, even if it's just one and once.

BTW, Aqua said the
keyblade is the only weapon that can beat the unversed in the space ship level, is this true or is she just bullshitting to not get thrown in jail? I get heartless, but why unversed too?

Man, the part in the Honey Slider minigame where you go through the actual pages of the book is so cool. For all the shit I give this series sometimes, when they nail the Disney stuff, they really, truly nail it.

BTW, Aqua said the
keyblade is the only weapon that can beat the unversed in the space ship level, is this true or is she just bullshitting to not get thrown in jail? I get heartless, but why unversed too?
Well...
In Terra's story Captain Gantu had a blaster and could really do nothing about the Unversed.
So in a sense they are right but the logic gets thrown out when partners in other KH games can beat the enemies without a keyblade.

Anyways, I got to train up for the last 3 fights. However, I am glad I am so close to being done with the game. Take a little chore break and then onto KH2!

Weapons aside from the keyblade can definitely defeat heartless, but only the keyblade actually completely frees a heart when defeating one. Otherwise, said freed heart gets claimed by another heartless.
I guess that is the plot way of saying it, but still funny with the partner system.

Weapons aside from the keyblade can definitely defeat heartless, but only the keyblade actually completely frees a heart when defeating one. Otherwise, said freed heart gets claimed by another heartless.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's sometimes a slight lack of consistency to the lore behind that that gets hand-waved away with convenient explanations. Like for example, Sora and Roxas both not being able to defeat Heartless (Hollow Bastion, KH1) and Nobodies (Twilight Town, KH2) without the keyblade for example. Whereas Beast just mows down Heartless during that entire sequence like it's NBD.

Heartless can definately be defeated with anything really but to me it kinda feels like they are trying to say that Keyblades are very effective against them. ''Heartless have great fear for the Keyblade'' and all that even if it just refers to the ability of locking the keyholes.

Sora for example is not exactly a great warrior without the Keyblade. You couldn't harm them with the wooden sword.

Famassu

I finished watching the re:coded cutscenes last night. Watched them all in one go.
I have to say, that may have been the most painful experience I've had the displeasure of going through in quite some time. I'm so glad I never played the original game.
ReCoded is actually a fun game, you're missing out on a pretty decent game. The story is bad and pretty pointless in the larger picture, but it's probably as good a BBS-lite on DS from a gameplay POV you can possible get on a platform as unsuitable for such fast-paced 3d action RPGs as DS.

There's sometimes a slight lack of consistency to the lore behind that that gets hand-waved away with convenient explanations. Like for example, Sora and Roxas both not being able to defeat Heartless (Hollow Bastion, KH1) and Nobodies (Twilight Town, KH2) without the keyblade for example. Whereas Beast just mows down Heartless during that entire sequence like it's NBD.
Beast is a big monster with great strength, Sora is a weakling young boy who, you could say, has been made even weaker by the doubt in his heart at that point in the game.

aravuus

Sure, didn't really expect it to make any sense. KH has always had this kind of stuff handwaved, it's really nothing major and doesn't affect my enjoyment.

Since I'm gonna move on to KH1 in a couple of hours I'm more interested in seeing how many things they've retconned.

Luigi87

I really wish pathing in the MCP fight was better. Tron and Donald keep running into his wall when its spinning and getting themselves knocked out... And considering you need Tron.

FinalD

Was hoping I could play this game yesterday, but I'll have to wait ... Amazon handed over their parcel to the carrier December 4th, but the carrier is still waiting for it. Just great.

Holmes

YESSS

Uq5jU8R.jpg

OK HERE'S HOW YOU DO IT. SCREW ALL THOSE VIDEOS OF PEOPLE DOING IT EFFORTLESSLY, OR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT WISDOM FORM BECAUSE WISDOM IS CRAP AT THIS.

- Equip Fatal Crest on Sora, and Sleeping Lion for Master Form. Equip two Form Boosts.
- Go into Master Form.
- Cast Curaga and wait until the MP recharge bar is under the O in FORM.
- Start the duel, start mashing the attack button like crazy.
- ALWAYS TILT THE LEFT ANALOG STICK IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE MUSHROOM IS FACING. This is important so Sora is always facing the direction that the Mushroom eventually goes flying in (and trust me, it will fly away many times).
- When your MP is recharged, get ready to spam Thundaga. Make sure you're UNDER the Mushroom when you start spamming it, and hope that it or you don't get stuck on a corner of the map and can't move.

That should net you over 85 hits. This bastard took me over 4 hours in total to do and I'm actually a bit sad I didn't get 99 hits.

So, I haven't gotten this game yet..but I plan to this week or so.
I've played all the games, played 1.5 eariler this year, grinded to about level 80 or so close to the end, so most of the game wasn't very difficult at all.

So...I play to play 2, then BBS, so what I'm asking is what difficulty should I play on?

Holmes

So, I haven't gotten this game yet..but I plan to this week or so.
I've played all the games, played 1.5 eariler this year, grinded to about level 80 or so close to the end, so most of the game wasn't very difficult at all.

So...I play to play 2, then BBS, so what I'm asking is what difficulty should I play on?
Beginner or Normal to just enjoy the game, Proud for a challenge, and Critical if you want to die (especially for BbS).

Jigolo

So basically after you find out the truth and who the leader of Org 13 is the game becomes harder? The little cute black heartless become more badass looking? And you have to replay the worlds?

Jeels

So can someone explain the easiest platinum path for BBS? Like do I need to do absolutely everything with everyone?

PK Gaming

Sora used to be able to damage them with the wooden sword at HB in the original version of KH1. I don't know why they changed that, because it was a great way of showcasing Sora's growth as a fighter. "He can do this much damage with a wooden sword?!?" Sonething like that.

Sora used to be able to damage them with the wooden sword at HB in the original version of KH1. I don't know why they changed that, because it was a great way of showcasing Sora's growth as a fighter. "He can do this much damage with a wooden sword?!?" Sonething like that.

I mean, he did really crappy damage with it, but yeah, it was nice that he did *some* damage.

YESSS

OK HERE'S HOW YOU DO IT. SCREW ALL THOSE VIDEOS OF PEOPLE DOING IT EFFORTLESSLY, OR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT WISDOM FORM BECAUSE WISDOM IS CRAP AT THIS.

- Equip Fatal Crest on Sora, and Sleeping Lion for Master Form. Equip two Form Boosts.
- Go into Master Form.
- ALWAYS TILT THE LEFT ANALOG STICK IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE MUSHROOM IS FACING. This is important so Sora is always facing the direction that the Mushroom eventually goes flying in (and trust me, it will fly away many times).
- When your MP is recharged, get ready to spam Thundaga. Make sure you're UNDER the Mushroom when you start spamming it, and hope that it or you don't get stuck on a corner of the map and can't move.

That should net you over 85 hits. This bastard took me over 4 hours in total to do and I'm actually a bit sad I didn't get 99 hits.

Holy moley. Good job yo!

Bladenic

YESSS

- Go into Master Form.

Still sounds like such a pain in the ass.

Hiko

Banned
I just beat timeless river and got wisdom form. Level 19. What would be the best place to grind some quick levels?

Does anyone know what the synthesis material is for the A ranked item between serenity crystal and lost illusion? It's only 1 of 2 more items i need to find before I get Ultima keyblade.

Lightning

Banned
I just beat timeless river and got wisdom form. Level 19. What would be the best place to grind some quick levels?
Outside Beasts room in beasts castle is about 12 weak Hook bats. Quick and easy Fire spam kills them in seconds. Remove all attacking abilities from Goofy/Beast while leveling this form.

Vashetti

Banned
he didn't say it a single time when i fought the Hydra

i feel robbed

That's worth restarting the game IMO.

They should have made a trophy called "GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!" when you actually do it, but it would make too much sense for them to acknowledge a meme and take the seriousness out of the trophy list.

That's worth restarting the game IMO.

They should have made a trophy called "GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!" when you actually do it, but it would make too much sense for them to acknowledge a meme and take the seriousness out of the trophy list.

this should only happen when the trophy API is updated to allow you to win a single trophy multiple times

Psxphile

When Square heard about the glitches in DDD, they replied back saying that these issues do not exist (which is false) and therefore will not be patched. I highly doubt they'll patch this game, no matter how loud the voices are. It's a shame, the freezing at the start of a battle annoys me.
?

There was a patch issued for the JP version of DDD. The US/EU versions didn't need it, the issue (whatever it was, I can't recall other than it was probably game-breaking) was already fixed on the cart.

Woah, that's shocking. Got a source? I wanna see that. :-(
I mis-remembered a little, they said they didn't doubt the persons claim.

"We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It will be forwarded to the appropriate party. We are not aware of there being any trouble or problems in this game like you are describing, although we are not doubting your claim. Please attempt to continue trying to resolve the issue locally while we report this issue to development and management. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles."

http://forums.khinsider.com/dream-d...rts-3d-community-feedback-13.html#post5900425

?

There was a patch issued for the JP version of DDD. The US/EU versions didn't need it, the issue (whatever it was, I can't recall other than it was probably game-breaking) was already fixed on the cart.
I recall people being really distressed over some issues with the portal swapping and what-not. There was also something with the final dive appearing in the journal after Sora and Riku just get to Traverse Town for the first time.

It's been a long time since I've looked into this, so I'm probably mis-remembering a lot of stuff.

Holmes

Xemnas data battle, AKA "Fuck you, I guarded". I can beat his first form half the time, but can hardly dent his second form before he cheeses me.

Is anybody else having to deal with the game quitting back to menu by itself randomly?

It's really making it frustrating to enjoy the game at all.

Someone complained about the same thing ITT. Luckily my only problem with the game so far are the form (and especially D-link) load times and around 1 second freezes before some bosses.
Whats the better game? 1.5 or 2.5?

I dont have time for all that shit I just need the absolute best.

You'r gonna have a lot of different answers for this. KH1 that is in 1.5 is IMO the best in the series but there is no doubt 2.5 is the better package overall.

Whats the better game? 1.5 or 2.5?

I dont have time for all that shit I just need the absolute best.
I would say KH1 is the best in the series, but if I had to pick a version 2.5 has 2 good games vs. 1.5 which has 1 great game and 1 ok game.
In all honestly, I would pick up both and just enjoy the series. However, 2.5 is the better game.

Top Bottom