• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Luigi87

Lv.1 challenge wouldn't be so annoying if I didn't have to cross full areas, and then skip cutscenes every death >_< (of course that could be said for even a normal playthrough, but I digress).
Fighting Roxas atm...

Holmes

For Titan and Hades cup, I had Summon Boost equipped and first summoned Stitch, used Ohana twice for the points, then summoned Peter Pan and used Never Land twice. I would usually get 1100+ points per round depending on how many enemies there were.

Kinsei

Banned
For Titan and Hades cup, I had Summon Boost equipped and first summoned Stitch, used Ohana twice for the points, then summoned Peter Pan and used Never Land twice. I would usually get 1100+ points per round depending on how many enemies there were.

Yeah that works great if you have Peter Pan. I'm only working with Stitch here, and I'm determined to do it before the second visit to Port Royal.

RPGCrazied

Forgot how much I hate the
Xigbar
fight. Dude just doesn't sit still, and is all over the place teleporting like mad. Least I got the anti form trophy during this fight.

Holmes

I have a question about the Organization XIII data battles. Say I defeat one of them, then go on and fight the next one and lose, do I lose all my progress and gotta redo the one I beat?

The lack of a save point in the room is seriously annoying.

Lightning

Banned
Whats the better game? 1.5 or 2.5?

I dont have time for all that shit I just need the absolute best.
KH2FM from the 2.5 bundle is the best game. It is an outstanding game.

KH1FM is good too but falls short in many areas and adding BBS to the 2.5 bundle makes it an easy choice imo.

Luigi87

I have a question about the Organization XIII data battles. Say I defeat one of them, then go on and fight the next one and lose, do I lose all my progress and gotta redo the one I beat?

You shouldn't need to (you also don't need to defeat them all in one go). Every time you enter a new screen in which you have control of Sora (as in no cutscenes and excluding event battles/bosses), that creates a checkpoint.

Soriku

I am weak. I was getting frustrated at Land of Dragons at lvl 1 (was getting one-shotted by a few attacks even at high HP) and just decided to level up. Oh well, I think Critical is still a good challenge. At least the Organization battles won't be near impossible now :p

Also, I feel like they could've touched up the environments much more in KH2. It doesn't look like they touched them up much. There are low res textures everywhere. Not sure how BBS holds up yet.

I've been playing the MGS HD Collection too, and I feel like that's technically the better remaster. Going by MGS2 and MGS3 (haven't loaded up Peace Walker yet), the collection has a minimal amount of low res textures compared to KH2, and it just looks sharper overall. The sound quality in MGS (clarity of soundtrack and voices) seems better too.

Not sure, but can't you just leave the room and reenter to keep your progress?

Holmes

Didn't know re-entering the room created a checkpoint. I'm just gonna leave and re-enter the room every time I defeat one then. Just to be safe.

Lightning

Banned
I am weak. I was getting frustrated at Land of Dragons at lvl 1 (was getting one-shotted by a few attacks even at high HP) and just decided to level up. Oh well, I think Critical is still a good challenge. At least the Organization battles won't be near impossible now :p

Also, I feel like they could've touched up the environments much more in KH2. It doesn't look like they touched them up much. There are low res textures everywhere. Not sure how BBS holds up yet.

I've been playing the MGS HD Collection too, and I feel like that's technically the better remaster. Going by MGS2 and MGS3 (haven't loaded up Peace Walker yet), the collection has a minimal amount of low res textures compared to KH2, and it just looks sharper overall. The sound quality in MGS (soundtrack, voices) seems better too.

Not sure, but can't you just leave the room and reenter to keep your progress?
Lv1 play through are for those who don't get hit and can block or avoid attacks. I will try that but only after mastering the game on critical with decent stats to perfect timing to prevent damage in attacks. If I can't get through without damage at level 50 for example then I can't do a level 1 playthrough.

Roxas and Xigbar will pay. The only bosses who really troubled me during my playthrough. Haven't done the data battles, sephiroth or lingering will yet though.

Luigi87

Didn't know re-entering the room created a checkpoint. I'm just gonna leave and re-enter the room every time I defeat one then. Just to be safe.

Also, I can't remember (it's been seven years since I've done the data fights, and I'm still working on the story in HD), but I think there is another door in the Garden of Assemblage that acts as a shortcut so you can come and go at your leisure (and bypass the Cavern)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Best collection then.

Story means nothing to me quite frankly, whats the most sick gameplay?

I just snagged both recently; 1.5 is only $20 new since it got the Greatest Hits treatment.

I can sort of understand why some people consider KH1 the best game still, as it excels in a few areas that the sequels don't. Skill progression is well thought out and the bosses are mostly a joy to take down and challenging. Secrets everywhere with most demanding revisiting stages with lategame abilities as well. You really can't ignore all the lows though, and KH1 is filled with them. Nostalgia be damned, much of that game is kind of terrible having just finished it.

KH2 is kind of dumbed down when it comes to the combat progression, level layouts(less focused platforming and hidden secrets), and overall challenge. It's flashier and more substantive in terms of feeling like a powerhouse and the levels are at least somewhat enjoyable, whereas everything but Hallow Bastion in KH1 is plodding and irritable.

Not sure about BBS, some love it, most think its above average. It's got to be more enjoyable than CoM though. So go with 2.5...just beware that the plot will be almost incomprehensible skipping the 1.5 games.

I just snagged both recently; 1.5 is only $20 new since it got the Greatest Hits treatment.

I can sort of understand why some people consider KH1 the best game still, as it excels in a few areas that the sequels don't. Skill progression is well thought out and the bosses are mostly a joy to take down and challenging. Secrets everywhere with most demanding revisiting stages with lategame abilities as well. You really can't ignore all the lows though, and KH1 is filled with them. Nostalgia be damned, much of that game is kind of terrible having just finished it.

KH2 is kind of dumbed down when it comes to the combat progression, level layouts(less focused platforming and hidden secrets), and overall challenge. It's flashier and more substantive in terms of feeling like a powerhouse and the levels are at least somewhat enjoyable, whereas everything but Hallow Bastion in KH1 is plodding and irritable.

Not sure about BBS, some love it, most think its above average. It's got to be more enjoyable than CoM though. So go with 2.5...just beware that the plot will be almost incomprehensible skipping the 1.5 games.

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with KH2 being dumbed down in combat/combat progression. KH1's combat is so incredibly simple and I feel like KH2 is far better in this area. Sure, it's not complicated (X, triangle, etc), but I think what I like about it is how fluid it feels compared to KH1. Having just played that game a couple days ago (finally beat KH1FM from 1.5 lol), the combat feels so incredibly sluggish and not very satisfying. I do agree that the level layouts are generally pretty meh in both games, though. I also feel like KH2FM has far more challenging encounters than KH1FM, but that could just be due to having more optional bosses and areas to tackle than that game.

I'm one of the people who loved BBS and it might be my favorite entry in the series. The battle and progression systems are the *best*. Command Melding was so addicting and fun.

Holmes

What am I supposed to do when Xemnas traps Sora and I have to save him as Riku? Because this is the second time where Riku just dies. Riku's so far from Sora, and a Xemnas clone appears out of nowhere and just zaps him dead. It's frustrating.

Soriku

What am I supposed to do when Xemnas traps Sora and I have to save him as Riku? Because this is the second time where Riku just dies. Riku's so far from Sora, and a Xemnas clone appears out of nowhere and just zaps him dead. It's frustrating.

Run towards Sora while swatting away clone Xemnas when he gets too close. Try to get past him. Press triangle near Sora when prompted.

You have to use Dark Aura or whatever its called every 5 steps or so

You can bypass the sequence by using reflect or dodge roll (Reflect is easier to time) when you hear Xemnas say "Can you spare a heart?"

If you do get caught, rotate between running forward and Dark Firaga Aura to keep the clone at bay.

So something like "win every command board" or "get 1st in every rumble race" I have to do for Ventus and Aqua even though I already got the trophy under Terra?

Yes.

The fist time you do it is for the trophy, of course.

For the other two, you have to do it to fill out the Reports.

You have to have all races recorded in the "minigame" section, but to access all courses you have to win all courses (except the last one, I guess)

Same for the Rhythmic Icecream Game. You have to get Fantastic on all of them to get the trophy, but you have to have all songs recorded in the other two character's Reports also. So... you have to get the Maestro trophy 2 more times, basically. (Not sure if Fantastic is needed to progress to the next song, or only if Cool is needed... but one of the songs gives you a Command Style if you get Fantastic, so that is needed also to complete the Report I believe)

Same for the Arena, same for Command Boards (to get the Secret board, you have to win all the others. I guess you don't have to win the Secret board, but you have to finish it to record it in Report)

So, TL;DR: You have to get the Platinum Trophy 3 times, essentially.

Reading the requirements for BBS's platinum trophy makes me SO happy I quit caring about those a while ago, lol. I'm going to try to do all the optional stuff in each game this time though.. like I've still never beaten
Terra
in KH2FM, and I'd like to actually do that this time.

Reading the requirements for BBS's platinum trophy makes me SO happy I quit caring about those a while ago, lol. I'm going to try to do all the optional stuff in each game this time though.. like I've still never beaten
Terra
in KH2FM, and I'd like to actually do that this time.

I see getting Platinum trophies as a way of getting my money's worth.

Also, I feel it as a way to show respect to the creators of the game, since someone probably spent years making that Arena, or spent months straight building those racing courses.

So, I make sure I do everything in the game so I see every part that everyone worked on.

I don't mean to sound "holier-than-thou", but that's just my way of thinking.

I see getting Platinum trophies as a way of getting my money's worth.

Also, I feel it as a way to show respect to the creators of the game, since someone probably spent years making that Arena, or spent months straight building those racing courses.

So, I make sure I do everything in the game so I see every part that everyone worked on.

I don't mean to sound "holier-than-thou", but that's just my way of thinking.

I totally get it - especially about getting your money's worth. I think recently, I just have a crazy long backlog, so I feel like I should move on after beating a game. Of course, if I love it, I'll play a bit more and do some optional stuff, but otherwise, I'll ignore trophies and just beat it.

It just seems like some games have ridiculous trophy requirements and BBS sounds like one of those. I've always hated doing minigames in KH games, though lol.

I totally get it - especially about getting your money's worth. I think recently, I just have a crazy long backlog, so I feel like I should move on after beating a game. Of course, if I love it, I'll play a bit more and do some optional stuff, but otherwise, I'll ignore trophies and just beat it.

It just seems like some games have ridiculous trophy requirements and BBS sounds like one of those. I've always hated doing minigames in KH games, though lol.

I totally understand.

The trophies in 1.5 were also total BS, particularly Chain of Memories

I totally understand.

The trophies in 1.5 were also total BS, particularly Chain of Memories

I was originally going to try to Platinum 1.5, but nope, gave up on that. That's part of the reason why I stalled out on beating KH1FM back when it came out last year. I got to the very end of the game (like the final world JUST unlocked), so I thought I'd go farm some of those mushrooms for items to synthesize stuff. Well, I farmed those for a while, but grew very bored, so I ended up quitting and didn't finish it for like a year, lol. I wanted to make the Ultima Keyblade, but they made it harder in the Final Mix version unfortunately. I finally just beat the game a couple nights ago before my 2.5 arrives.

Holmes

Thanks GAF! <3 I beat the Xemnas data battle. I wasn't playing with sound, so once I turned the volume on and hear "can you spare" I just started spamming Reflega.

lol Reflega

edit: Falk you platinumed this game already? Good job!

I was originally going to try to Platinum 1.5, but nope, gave up on that. That's part of the reason why I stalled out on beating KH1FM back when it came out last year. I got to the very end of the game (like the final world JUST unlocked), so I thought I'd go farm some of those mushrooms for items to synthesize stuff. Well, I farmed those for a while, but grew very bored, so I ended up quitting and didn't finish it for like a year, lol. I wanted to make the Ultima Keyblade, but they made it harder in the Final Mix version unfortunately. I finally just beat the game a couple nights ago before my 2.5 arrives.

I think it depends on your perspective, maybe. My first platinum trophy was Demon Souls, so I guess my impression of them is that they are hard and tedious.

I do think its kind of funny to have grindy trophies in a JRPG, which is a grindy genre by definition. It's like... like you're grinding the game itself for an external reward. IDK, makes me laugh.

Jeels

Yes.

The fist time you do it is for the trophy, of course.

For the other two, you have to do it to fill out the Reports.

You have to have all races recorded in the "minigame" section, but to access all courses you have to win all courses (except the last one, I guess)

Same for the Rhythmic Icecream Game. You have to get Fantastic on all of them to get the trophy, but you have to have all songs recorded in the other two character's Reports also. So... you have to get the Maestro trophy 2 more times, basically. (Not sure if Fantastic is needed to progress to the next song, or only if Cool is needed... but one of the songs gives you a Shot Lock if you get Fantastic, so that is needed also to complete the Report)

Same for the Arena, same for Command Boards (to get the Secret board, you have to win all the others. I guess you don't have to win the Secret board, but you have to finish it to record it in Report)

So, TL;DR: You have to get the Platinum Trophy 3 times, essentially.

Thanks.

One last question. what all does the arena trophy/journal require?

I think it depends on your perspective, maybe. My first platinum trophy was Demon Souls, so I guess my impression of them is that they are hard and tedious.

I do think its kind of funny to have grindy trophies in a JRPG, which is a grindy genre by definition. It's like... like you're grinding the game itself for an external reward. IDK, makes me laugh.

Yeah, good point. Nice job on the Demon's Souls platinum. :p The only Platinum trophies I have are the pretty damn easy ones like the Uncharted series, Infamous 2, Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2/Lightning Returns (those got progressively easier)...um, the Sly Collection (lol). So yeah, I have the very easy ones!

Holmes

Yeah, good point. Nice job on the Demon's Souls platinum. :p The only Platinum trophies I have are the pretty damn easy ones like the Uncharted series, Infamous 2, Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2/Lightning Returns (those got progressively easier)...um, the Sly Collection (lol). So yeah, I have the very easy ones!
See, I find these kind of games easier to platinum than Uncharted. Sure, Uncharted takes much less time, but playing on Crushing is very tedious for me. At least I can adapt to the difficulty in RPGs, but shooters not so much.

Thanks.

One last question. what all does the arena trophy/journal require?

Beat All the Arena stages (to do this, you have to have Clear save files of the other two characters also, since each character has 2 or 3 Arena Stages of their own that only unlock for other players after beating their stories)

To beat all stages, you'll have to get your arena level to 30, which means beating all Rumble Racing courses within a certain time limit (actually very easy), Command Boards (seems US and JP are different here. In JP, you get 4 Arena levels for win ANY command board(s) a total 7 times, US seems to be win every Command Board again... not sure)

This all has to be done from within the Arena, by the way.

But, to be able to play all Racing courses within the Arena, you have to unlock them from winning all courses in Disney Town... ad naseum

Beat All the Arena stages (to do this, you have to have Clear save files of the other two characters also, since each character has 2 or 3 Arena Stages of their own that only unlock for other players after beating their stories)

To beat all stages, you'll have to get your arena level to 30, which means beating all Rumble Racing courses within a certain time limit (actually very easy), Command Boards (seems US and JP are different here. In JP, you get 4 Arena levels for win ANY command board(s) a total 7 times, US seems to be win every Command Board again... not sure)

This all has to be done from within the Arena, by the way.

But, to be able to play all Racing courses within the Arena, you have to unlock them from winning all courses in Disney Town... ad naseum

Wait, for real? I might just go for the BBS plat with my JP version, then. Thank god trophies for the game carry over between regions.

I platinumed CoM

I am already dead

lol well, since we're measuring our penises... (I got the 1.5/2.5 pack when in came out here in October)

VdkTa4c.jpg

Holmes

keisuke999's penis > everyone's in this thread.

I just fought Data Roxas. So much easier than Data Xemnas, and much more fun too! Hopefully the rest are fun too.

edit: Since we're sharing our trophies, anyone wanna share their PSN names too? I wouldn't mind adding more people.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jesus christ, leveling up your summon level is just so time consuming...do i really have to do the steamboat willie door trick like 400 times in a row?

JESUS.

Y'all be damn crazy with your platinums... :p

See, I find these kind of games easier to platinum than Uncharted. Sure, Uncharted takes much less time, but playing on Crushing is very tedious for me. At least I can adapt to the difficulty in RPGs, but shooters not so much.

Ah, I actually find Crushing on the Uncharted games to be pretty easy. I guess it's tedious, but I find having to replay dumb minigames like in BBS to be far more tedious and not fun at all. I also think doing things like the optional secret bosses in the KH games to be far more challenging than anything in the Uncharted games, lol.

---

Story/gameplay question for Sora:

I can't remember, but how was Sora able to use two keyblades / Drive form? It was Ventus' heart being inside Roxas and then Roxas merging back with him right? Does that mean when he wakes Ventus up, he'll lose that power? I'd like for them to bring Drive forms back because they were fun to use and level up.

Anyone can add me on PSN: naaros
Same ID for Wii U if anyone has that, too.

It's a shame they took out the multiplayer stuff on BBS.

Top Bottom