• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

I think I said it before, so I'll say it again. SE needs to be brought to task about not having a system install for this game. I honestly couldn't completely recommend it to anyone since the load times happen all the time, and the game can outright stop in some fights.

This is an embarrassment.
What's funny about this is the fact that BBS actually had this on the psp but not here.

I doubt any of the CoM members will be part of the 13 Xehanorts. Xemnas most likely sent them off to CO to die because they were unfit for one reason or another. If any of them do end up being part of the 13 I think it'll be Larxene.

I doubt it would be Larx considering she was one of the betrayers. IF it was one of CoM members I'd put my money on Vexen. He's actually one of the more useful members when it comes to Xemnas's plans creating Xion and all.

But really I don't see any one of them being too happy to actually become Xehanort so I doubt they are part of his plans. I do think we might see some of the unseen ''somebodies'' of Org members like Marluxia.

RPGCrazied

So close to beating KH2. Don't know if I want to 100% now or just come back later. I really want to go to BBS. Decisions. I do at least want to do the remembrance cave.

So why sometimes when I do drive, I become a dark sora? Shadow-like

There is a hidden counter that when it rises the chances you turn into Anti-Form (the dark sora) rise as well. The counter rises everytime you turn into a drive form. The counter resets when you turn into Anti-Form or Final Form.

Also you can only turn to Anti-Form while in combat.

Jigolo

There is a hidden counter that when it rises the chances you turn into Anti-Form (the dark sora) rise as well. The counter rises everytime you turn into a drive form. The counter resets when you turn into Anti-Form or Final Form.

Also you can only turn to Anti-Form while in combat.
Interesting. How do I trigger Final form to happen?

Interesting. How do I trigger Final form to happen?
You need to be at the end of the game, specifically
after you beat the Roxas boss battle
. Then every time you turn into Anti-Form you have a chance to trigger Final Form instead and once you do you learn it permanently.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I reached the final part before facing Xemnas. In the original KH2, this is where I would do all the sidequests.
BUT I noticed there's no Lingering Will or Mushroom I. Do I actually have to beat the game to access them?

I doubt it would be Larx considering she was one of the betrayers. IF it was one of CoM members I'd put my money on Vexen. He's actually one of the more useful members when it comes to Xemnas's plans creating Xion and all.

But really I don't see any one of them being too happy to actually become Xehanort so I doubt they are part of his plans. I do think we might see some of the unseen ''somebodies'' of Org members like Marluxia.

It's not Vexen, since Even was revived with the others. Braig and Isa became vessels and didn't show up with the others. This still leaves the whereabouts of Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene. As mentioned, the latter two were traitors so maybe they won't be vessels.

It's also worth considering that we could see
Braig AND Xigbar, Saix AND Isa. We're getting Ansem SoD, Xemnas, MX, YX, and possibly Terranort/Apprentice Xehanort also. Vanitas is also a decent candidate, maybe?

Psxphile

Besides the weird thing with the game rebooting during gameplay (that I've yet to experience and hopefully never have to) and Falk's BBS woes, has anyone else encountered any other bugs/glitches since they got their localized copies? I'm especially talking about the texture bugs, which were apparently quite frequent in appearance on JP copies.

I myself have only encountered the one time something was amiss, which was just recently in KHIIFM: I completed Port Royal and was treated to a quick scene of Chip and Dale discussing the fuzzy shadow signal when I noticed that part of the background on the right was missing and I could see the overworld map acreen (complete with part of a glowing ring on one of the worlds) through it. Other than that I've been relatively bug-free... I mean, besides the loading times and disc read lag.

Kinsei

Banned
Besides the weird thing with the game rebooting during gameplay (that I've yet to experience and hopefully never have to) and Falk's BBS woes, has anyone else encountered any other bugs/glitches since they got their localized copies? I'm especially talking about the texture bugs, which were apparently quite frequent in appearance on JP copies.

I myself have only encountered the one time something was amiss, which was just recently in KHIIFM: I completed Port Royal and was treated to a quick scene of Chip and Dale discussing the fuzzy shadow signal when I noticed that part of the background on the right was missing and I could see the overworld map acreen (complete with part of a glowing ring on one of the worlds) through it. Other than that I've been relatively bug-free... I mean, besides the loading times and disc read lag.

The Experiment freeze from the original KH2FM is still in this one. If you get hit while performing the reaction command on its head the game will freeze.

Mecha

A three hour tutorial! A three hour tutorial!!!

Not sure why people call the Roxas segment of the game a tutorial when it barely spends any of its total time teaching you anything. I'm also surprised it takes people who have already played it before more than an hour to complete.

Luigi87

Been trying to figure out what ability caused Sora to push his arms out and send out an energy wave. Finally realized it was Counterguard. It had been screwing me up against
Roxas

Edit: Finally got him.
So yeah, Counterguard can really mess up a combo when trying to loop him, and it has too many frames so if you accidentally use it, odds are he'll either go invulnerable or break out of your stun lock when attacking, which usually results in either taking heavy damage or guaranteed death (at lv.1 anyway).

Falk

that puzzling face
Absolutely devastated. After nearly a week of ShopTo investigating where my KH 2.5 CE has gone, they're now telling me they can't locate it and are going to give me a refund. But I wanted the CE! I pre ordered day 1!

I really wonder where the CE went. I don't understand how it can get lost when DPD go to ShopTo to collect the parcels... That makes me think either the DPD driver took it? Or ShopTo sent it somewhere else by mistake...or never had it to begin with?

Sigh, the really guttering thing is I cancelled the SE store pre-order JUST to go with ShopTo since I usually go with them. I would have had it with the SE Store...probably.

Not really fond of paying over double the price for it on ebay either...just really devastated atm.

Tried contacting Square Enix customer service? Use the same channel as the one they provided for damaged boxes. They may be able to do something. It's worth a shot at least rather than getting scalped.

Falk

that puzzling face

I think we can safely say the texture bugs are gone. Anecdotal, but entire Critical KH2 and BBS playthroughs I didn't encounter it once, while I had it pop up at Atlantica gummi mission on JP, and then multiple times (5, give or take) on the way to journal completion. The issue seemed to be that the JP game would eventually have difficulty loading textures, making worlds slowly become gray blobs. Oh, and faces seemed to be the first to go, to much hilarity.

Luigi87

I think at this point in my lv.1, I just want to finish the story and beat the Absent Silhouettes, then move onto playing BbS FM. The Cavern, Mushrooms, Data Battles, and Lingering Will can wait.
Totally not confident in beating the Data battles at lv.1 ...

Psxphile

Yeah, I can see them reusing stuff from Re:CoM. Zexion and Vexen all have new voiced lines in KHIIFM though so they should have access to the VAs for their sound bites. Probably cheaper for them not to, though.

I think we can safely say the texture bugs are gone. Anecdotal, but entire Critical KH2 and BBS playthroughs I didn't encounter it once, while I had it pop up at Atlantica gummi mission on JP, and then multiple times (5, give or take) on the way to journal completion. The issue seemed to be that the JP game would eventually have difficulty loading textures, making worlds slowly become gray blobs. Oh, and faces seemed to be the first to go, to much hilarity.

My two cents, I have yet to see any of the glitches described. Maybe just lucky? Im on JP version, of course.

Psxphile

I'm still surprised you're doing the level 1 run, kudos. BTW I have one lady treasure chest left, in radiant garden, and it's the very last one, do I have to beat all data battles to get it?

Yeah, I recall that a chest appears when you clear every Data Battle once. Forget what's inside... Orihalcom+?

EDIT: wait no
it's one of the Proof items that gives/upgrades Sora's crown.

Falk

that puzzling face
Games take way too long nowadays to boot up and load a save game, so I tend to leave my console on all the time while I'm playing something.

Especially true since work lets me play for 20 minutes at a time during downtimes/encoding/rendering/whatever.

LAA

Tried contacting Square Enix customer service? Use the same channel as the one they provided for damaged boxes. They may be able to do something. It's worth a shot at least rather than getting scalped.

Thanks for the advice, sadly already tried. Was basically told the replacements they have are only for people who pre-ordered directly for them. Despite me being affected buying a CE and not receiving it. Don't really feel its fair tbh, I'm still a customer of them (Though perhaps not quite directly).

Not sure if I will buy from eBay... Though...I am sadly getting tempted. I don't really want to pay over £100 for it though.
I am pretty interested in the 10th Anniversary KH3D thing too though perhaps...which are cheaper and potentially more...valuable.

RPGCrazied

Finally got my forms to max level, except Final, still hasn't triggered for me. And I finally beat Larxene, yeah Reflectga is pretty much needed for that fight, or be prepared to get destroyed from her lightning magic.

Luigi87

So after all my bitching about Lv. 1 vs.
Roxas
, I regret that now... He was nothing compared to
Xigbar.
Holy hell this fight is an actual nightmare. After two bars his attack speed doubles... It also doesn't help that the fight is random as hell.

Lightning

Banned
So after all my bitching about Lv. 1 vs.
Roxas
, I regret that now... He was nothing compared to
Xigbar.
Holy hell this fight is an actual nightmare. After two bars his attack speed doubles... It also doesn't help that the fight is random as hell.
For me he was the hardest fight out of all the organization battles. He was so fucking hard.

Not including data battles, haven't done them yet.

Besides the weird thing with the game rebooting during gameplay (that I've yet to experience and hopefully never have to) and Falk's BBS woes, has anyone else encountered any other bugs/glitches since they got their localized copies?

- BG audio glitch and stuttering in the first scene in the Bailey (had to reset the game)
- Game froze while browsing the Synth Shop in Timeless River

Other than that, I've been mostly okay.

Shahadan

I'm really missing the French dub. I understand why it's gone but still...it was really really good.
At least Donald sounds pretty similar.

Holmes

lol fuck the Luxord data battle. I kick his ass handily throughout the fight every time until he does his desperation attack and I need to pick the O four times. Every time I get X on the last one and his time basically restores 100%.

Games take way too long nowadays to boot up and load a save game, so I tend to leave my console on all the time while I'm playing something.

Especially true since work lets me play for 20 minutes at a time during downtimes/encoding/rendering/whatever.

I see where you're coming from. I work from home most of the time, so I don't mind the wait.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm working from home.

You could say my work doesn't have regular hours and often depends on the timezone clients are in. :p

Also working from home is the worst because there's no one cutoff point every day where you say 'okay, we're done for today' and kick back and relax.

Holmes

Beat Luxord! He's so easy until his desperation attack. Getting the last O seems like luck to me. But once I got it, I just did Trinity Limit to ensure he went down. Now Sora's crown is gold! All I gotta do now is some synthesis stuff and gummi stuff.

I'm working from home.

You could say my work doesn't have regular hours and often depends on the timezone clients are in. :p

Also working from home is the worst because there's no one cutoff point every day where you say 'okay, we're done for today' and kick back and relax.

I have no idea what it takes to be an Audio mixer, but I imagine it can get hectic.

I just work IT for a Pharmaceutical company, so I barely do anything to begin with ;)

Luigi87

Ugh... I can get
Xigbar
to just over one health bar remaining, but... Man, that desperation move. Donald's Duck Flare doesn't last long enough to survive it entirely... maybe I should equip Fantasia as well...
Unfortunately my adrenaline was rushing that last attempt, now I need a break...

RPGCrazied

Ugh... I can get
Xigbar
to just over one health bar remaining, but... Man, that desperation move. Donald's Duck Flare doesn't last long enough to survive it entirely... maybe I should equip Fantasia as well...
Unfortunately my adrenaline was rushing that last attempt, now I need a break...

I can't imagine him on critical, he was kinda hard already on Proud. Doesn't help he doesn't stay still.

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't you just run in a circle to avoid it? Only time I've gotten hit is when I run into Donald/Goofy and get stuck.

(Or am I thinking about something else)

Luigi87

Don't you just run in a circle to avoid it? Only time I've gotten hit is when I run into Donald/Goofy and get stuck.

(Or am I thinking about something else)

Possibly... I kind of panicked when it happens, since it's almost always guaranteed death if I get hit. It's annoying how badly his attacks stun-lock Sora.

Ultimadrago

Falk, how is completing Hades Cup on Critical?

I couldn't finish the whole thing on Normal on PS2 at Max Level (got to the gauntlet before last) so...feeling not great about it.

Top Bottom