• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
Grinding Wisdom and Limit early means you're going to get around faster. So you might as well do it whenever you have the drive gauge for it assuming you were gonna do it anyway.

Fauve

I THINK you have to make them. But an alternative is drops from the data fights (Roxas and Axel drop attack up and magic up respectively IIRC, not sure about the rest).

Bladenic

Started BBS as Terra. How do you gain points toward leveling Finish commands? Like I haven't gained any points towards the red second level at all.

Falk

that puzzling face
They're finisher specific. The colors are a good clue though. Reds generally means 'activate fire-based command styles'

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Like an idiot I assumed there were trophies for levelling BBS characters to 99. So now I'm sitting here with lv99 Terra and no trophy popped.

Edit: Unknown is so much harder with Terra than Aqua/Ven. Just, wow. (Critical)

Only the Data's drop stat boosts

Roxas/Axel - Magic

Xaldin/Xigbar/Saix - Defence

Xemnas - Power

That is a shit way to grind them unless you can beat them quickly.

Fighting them repeatedly is a good way to learn how to beat them quickly, though.

They're finisher specific. The colors are a good clue though. Reds generally means 'activate fire-based command styles'

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Like an idiot I assumed there were trophies for levelling BBS characters to 99. So now I'm sitting here with lv99 Terra and no trophy popped.

Unknown with Terra is probably the only boss fight in the series tougher than Lingering Will, and that's mostly because it's purely luck based with Terra.

Magic's probably the easiest to actually farm though, since Axel's AI can be easily looped.

Lvl 25 is a good level to beat AS Zexion. What levels should I do the rest?

Also when should I start grinding the Drive forms? In OG KH2 I only did them towards the end.

Already started the drive forms...wait till you finish agrabah the first time then go to the last save point (treasure room) level up valor and limit form there hitting the mushroom

Kinsei

Banned
Lvl 25 is a good level to beat AS Zexion. What levels should I do the rest?

Also when should I start grinding the Drive forms? In OG KH2 I only did them towards the end.

You can do Larxene now, but if it's too hard wait until you reach 30. The rest you can do as soon as you reach their silhouettes since they're a complete joke compared to Larxene.

Afrocious

You can do Larxene now, but if it's too hard wait until you reach 30. The rest you can do as soon as you reach their silhouettes since they're a complete joke compared to Larxene.

Yeah Larxene is a motherfucker. She has the nasty ability to hit you on all sides very quick.

Reflect made that fight possible. Getting her RC seems luck based IMO.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah Larxene is a motherfucker. She has the nasty ability to hit you on all sides very quick.

Reflect made that fight possible. Getting her RC seems luck based IMO.

It's not luck based. If you hit both of her with the same combo finisher it will always pop up.

Afrocious

It's not luck based. If you hit both of her with the same combo finisher it will always pop up.

So you want to be near her so her clone can get combo'd too?

Hmm, you'll need special abilities for that. I don't have that ability where the finisher is those orbs of light.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unknown with Terra is probably the only boss fight in the series tougher than Lingering Will, and that's mostly because it's purely luck based with Terra.

It doesn't last nearly as long as Lingering Will though.

Thunder Surge, sideways dash, repeat, cure at 1hp. Yeah, it's luck based but the fight takes 2 minutes tops. Obviously shorter if you die so you can hop right back into it

Kinsei

Banned
SWIM THIS WAY, WE WILL DANCE AND PLAY!

Funny thing, I actually had an easier time with Timeless River than I did as a kid.

Atlantica had so much potential. If they improved the rhythm game a bit and made it entirely songs from the movie instead of including those crappy original songs I probably would have loved it. Now I'm imagining a rhythm game with Poor Unfortunate Souls as one of the songs.

Only every tried and beat Unknown with Terra, and yeah, what a nightmare. The roulette death grip attack was annoying. Basically gave up every time he did that. Was an exhilirating fight, but just kept getting worse and worse (more in his favour) as it went on.

I hear he's way easier with Aqua?

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering both Aqua and Ventus have virtual invincibility, yes, he's way easier with them.

edit: Gotta say that the fact that most of the optional bosses including Secret Episode have at least some degree of anti Shotlock is pretty rad.

RPGCrazied

Whats the best summon to use for the summons only coliseum cup? Even at my level I should steam roll through it, but I still get hit. Mostly from the red mages and those nobodies with the big ass swords.

Kinsei

Banned
Whats the best summon to use for the summons only coliseum cup? Even at my level I should steam roll through it, but I still get hit. Mostly from the red mages and those nobodies with the big ass swords.

Stitch. He restores your MP, he reflects projectiles, he blocks some physical attacks, he can stun all enemies, and you have health regen while he's active.

I wish I liked Proud more in KH2 than I do. It winds up being get in a 3 hit combo, dead, restart all the way back from this point. A retry button would have made it way less annoying.
Maybe it gets better after Port Royal...

RPGCrazied

I wish I liked Proud more in KH2 than I do. It winds up being get in a 3 hit combo, dead, restart all the way back from this point. A retry button would have made it way less annoying.
Maybe it gets better after Port Royal...

Wait until you get to
Roxas
and
Xigbar
. They will try your patience. I can't imagine them on critical, let alone critical level 1. Do people really like to be tortured?

Luigi87

Wait until you get to
Roxas
and
Xigbar
. They will try your patience. I can't imagine them on critical, let alone critical level 1. Do people really like to be tortured?

...maybe <_<
... I'm not masochistic enough to do it with those crazy "No Magic", "No Damage", "No Accessories", etc., restrictions though. Only thing I'm doing is no Power, Magic, or Defence boosts (since that kind of defeats the purpose of lv. 1).

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait until you get to
Roxas
and
Xigbar

Roxas
on Critical's difficulty revolves around getting his reaction command to pop. Then he melts almost before he can use his desperation move.

If you can't get it to pop it's absolute hell.

I've progressed so slowly :lol. I just arrived at Halloween Town first visit. I have spent a LOT of time doing gummi stuff :3. It's fun to build ships and unlock stuff. I have S ranked most of the missions. There clearly has been a lot of love poured to the minigame even if it is kind of unbalanced and some systems really only shine in LVL 3 missions. There is just so many systems for such a thing that they could really have half assed.

Man, and after I'm done with this there is the whole of BBSFM to go through. I did test it and completed the first world with Ventus and screwed around a bit with the Command Board.

Christopher

The battle music in hallow bastion has been burned so bad I use to get an epic feeling with the piano and its was totally nerfed.

The map music was nerfed as well ugh everything else not so bad.

Why remix it though I could see Nes snes and n64 games but this was a ps2 game leave the music alone

SunGod

Hades paradox cup, well over 15,000 points, battle 49......

Took me around 50 minutes to get there and now I have to start all over again.

Finalow

BBS first run, is it going to be a pain in the ass if I go for critical mode?

also do I just need to finish ONE character's story on critial to get the trophy or all of 3. if so, who is the easiest.

BBS first run, is it going to be a pain in the ass if I go for critical mode?

also do I just to finish ONE character's story on critial to get the trophy or all of 3. if so, who is the easiest.

If you want to platinum you need to complete all characters with Critical.

Falk

that puzzling face
First 5 worlds of Critical Aqua is like playing FF1 NES

GRIND THESE MOBS FOR A GOOD 30 MINUTES SO YOU LEVEL UP LIKE TWICE THEN MAYBE IT'S SAFE TO MOVE ON

Luigi87

Roxas
on Critical's difficulty revolves around getting his reaction command to pop. Then he melts almost before he can use his desperation move.

If you can't get it to pop it's absolute hell.

Hm, I didn't use the RC once (though it was hell). I just stayed within reasonable distance to him to loop him. Staying close he would only use either his charging slash, or his combo. Both could be guarded easily (unless I screwed up where I placed myself, would would cause a beam of light to hit me and ruin everything).

After a guard, I would ground combo him twice. Doing so, with no Combo Plus equipped, he also won't even do his DM unless he either hit me, or I failed to get a double combo off (which I always screwed something up). Afterward it was just a matter of re-looping him after the DM.

Have we established an order to play bbs so this convoluted story makes some kind of sense

Story wise Ventus->Terra->Aqua is the best. Reasons being:
X-blade nonsense explained as soon as it is introduced instead of the end of second episode like in T->V->A. Also if you care about spoilers the whole Ventus plot is explained prematurely in Terra's episode.

The only real story related con doing it in that order is that the introduction of Unversed is pretty sudden. They are mentioned in the Xehanort's Letter you have at the beginning but for whatever reason they never really had Ven properly introduced to them.

There are other reasons why I prefer that order over T->V->A too.

Falk

that puzzling face
thanks for quoting my typo. :_(

ok then, I probably won't go for it, I think.

anyway, I can choose the difficulty again when I finish one run with one character, yes?

There seems to be an issue with the episode unlocking. Not too sure what the exact cause is, but the safest, 100% guaranteed to work method is

New game -> Terra -> finish, save clear data (HOLD ON TO THIS)
New game -> Ventus -> finish, save clear data (HOLD ON TO THIS)
New game -> Aqua -> finish, save clear data (HOLD ON TO THIS)
Load Final Episode, -> finish, save clear data (HOLD ON TO THIS)
Load Secret Episode, finish, save clear data

That being said, because you always want to start a new game (the tutorial is skippable) yes, you can reselect difficulty. You do need to clear everything on Critical for the trophy to pop, though.

edit: To add to that, Critical in this game isn't so bad after the first hour or so on each character. Everything up to the final bosses can be brute forced with more levels, really. If you're going solely for the platinum and have no interest in beating the optional bosses on Critical just to say you did, I'd say you probably want to do the entire thing on Standard, and save the Critical trophy for last.

Luigi87

Any recycled tracks from previous games?

Aside from character themes that may be used in other entries, BbS has its own full soundtrack.

Well I mean the remixed stuff I know the soundtrack is amazing

Oh, only five tracks in Birth by Sleep Final Mix HD are remixed from the original, but important ones:
Dearly Beloved -Reprise- (of course)
Rage Awakened
Fate of the Unknown
Keyblade Graveyard Horizon
Dismiss

I know it will be explained in the story? But why does ventus look like roxas? Just say yes or no if that will be explained.

Sort of. It doesn't come right out say say the words "This is why Roxas looks like Ventus." But the story makes it pretty damn obvious why they look similar by the end.

--

I always did Terra > Ventus > Aqua, but for a first timer, I think Ventus' playthrough would be more fun. Terra is a lot slower than what you may be used to with previous KH protags. He also has one of the harder final bosses of the three characters (imo).

Top Bottom