• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
I haven't done anything on Critical except complete the game, since I already did the rest on Normal in Japanese. Gonna plat BBS and then come back to finish off.

Luigi87

Finally get past the DM, and then when I want to recover to finish him off, I Drive into Anti-Form and die... hahaha...oh that sucked.

Oh, I seem to have forgotten many of the details over the years. It's probably the Paradox Cup then, as the cup was optional.

I did everything on Critical.

You have to get to Level 99, and it's best to up your atk/def/magic close to 80 as well.

Feel free to abuse Limit Form Sonic Rave against the "bosses".

Using Thundaga against basic enemies helps a lot.

Also, Final Form... of course.

The Final battle against Hades is probably the easiest part of the tournament.

Don't worry about losing, since you can start from where you died, or close to it anyway.

If you're going for Platinum and going for the extra challenge (15000 points, I believe) then you'll need to use Stitch's attack where he stuns the enemies and makes them drop HP orbs (or in this case, those gold point orb/coin things)

Thank ye. Shall keep all of these in mind for end/post-game.

Is it really hard farming for stat up items? I know Critical gives you quite a few Lucky Luckys to start with, I haven't gotten Donald/Goofy's yet.

Depends on your prep.

I got full Luck Rings on all characters also, so enemies are practically guaranteed to drop their items.

It didn't take long for me, as I would find whatever enemy dropped the item I needed, and farm until I had 40-50 of it. That way, I wouldn't have to keep going back and forth.

Took maybe 2-3 hours to get my stats to high 90s.

Anybody know any quick ways to level up the drive forms? I really wanna get to the organization xiii data area but i know you need to max out all the abilities from the drive forms to get there.

In that video, it says to just use stitch and go to the cave of wonders treasure room and fight the Org mushroom.

I used Chicken Little, you just summon it and wait for the number to change, then attack the Mushroom once, wait, atk, wait and so on so the number flicks between 3 and 4, for example

I just think it's funny how you can abuse the system like that.

Any tips on beating Unknown in BBS? I'm using Aqua and I'm on Critical difficulty but I'm barely doing any damage with my Thunder Surges.

Soriku

Damn, Thunder just annihilates Barbossa. It can stun him for several seconds, even in the air.

Which other bosses have really notable magic weaknesses?

Holmes

Guys, is there a way to get enemies to respawn quickly? It's really annoying when there's only like 3 Heartless who drop the materials I'm looking for that spawn, but getting them to spawn more quickly would really help.

Guys, is there a way to get enemies to respawn quickly? It's really annoying when there's only like 3 Heartless who drop the materials I'm looking for that spawn, but getting them to spawn more quickly would really help.

Nope.

If there's anything they really should have added to KH2, it's Encounter Plus from KH1FM.

Luigi87

The bosses become stronger as you level up so getting to 99 won't change much :/

They don't.
Enemies get increased HP after the 1000 Heartless battle though, which includes the boss of The Pride Lands (first visit), since that is an entirely optional world.

Lightning

Banned
Depends on your prep.

I got full Luck Rings on all characters also, so enemies are practically guaranteed to drop their items.

It didn't take long for me, as I would find whatever enemy dropped the item I needed, and farm until I had 40-50 of it. That way, I wouldn't have to keep going back and forth.

Took maybe 2-3 hours to get my stats to high 90s.
Does that 2-3 hours including getting the lucky rings because they are one pain to make.

Luigi87

OMG,
Xigbar
beat me so bad my game froze!

... Well, it froze at least, lol. Had to reset the system using the button on the console.
I'm getting better against him. Seems not using a Limit makes him not activate his DM sooner than he normally would, which is interesting.

Jigolo

Soo uh, that jump in Cavern of Remembrance: Mineshaft is supposed to be impossible at this point in the game.. or something

If you want to beat Cavern of Remembrance with little trouble, you're going to want Level 2 High Jump, Quick Run, Aerial Dodge, and Glide, at the very least.

RPGCrazied

If you want to beat Cavern of Remembrance with little trouble, you're going to want Level 2 High Jump, Quick Run, Aerial Dodge, and Glide, at the very least.

I was having trouble early on, but now level 60 having an easier time, but those red cars are the spawn of satan. lol.

Thankfully fantasia makes short work of them.

Luigi87

I'm playing BBS not KHII.....XD

Woops, my bad! Missed the earlier posts.

Even so, I really don't remember enemies scaling to level in that either.
... I can't remember what level I was when I beat that boss (in his pre-nerfed state on PSP... as Terra, on Critical >_<), but it was probably max level if only because god that fight was annoying.

I was having trouble early on, but now level 60 having an easier time, but those red cars are the spawn of satan. lol.

Thankfully fantasia makes short work of them.

The most MP efficient method to taking those on (Those are actually one of my favorite enemies in the game) is guarding the initial charge, and then using Counterguard, which stops their attack and leaves them wide open.

Seriously guys, Counterguard is one of the best abilities in KH2, hands down. It's worth learning how to time guards for that ability alone.

Any tips on beating Unknown in BBS? I'm using Aqua and I'm on Critical difficulty but I'm barely doing any damage with my Thunder Surges.

Turn on the EXP Zero ability. It'll give Aqua a damage boost. Otherwise, you'd have to grind until about level 55-60, since that's when she starts doing decent damage against him on Critical mode.

Holmes

Getting all materials needed for the collection lists isn't so bad with four Luck Rings and knowing where to look
and trapping Lingering Will in a loop for the Manifest Illusions
. I thought this would be a lot more tedious.

Bladenic

Alright so I'm level 99 and I only was able to comfortably defeat Marluxia, Zexion, Lexaues (he's such a joke poor thing), and Saïx. Almost had Vexen but he got me right near the end, I could definitely beat him if I were more careful. Roxas got me on accident, but he's pretty tough. Larxene is insane. Axel kills me in like 30 seconds tops due to his floor. I can't even get past the third wave of Demyx's water clones to even start the fight (used Wisdom + firaga, still can't beat the third wave in time). Haven't tried Xigbar or Luxord. Xaldin I just messed around with, could probably take him.

What pissed me off beyond belief is Xemnas. The fact that they make you do the second battle is bullshit, no way I'd be able to ever do that considering the part where you control the other character is bullshit and I don't have any strategy for doing it.

I tried the optional boss and I only do scratch damage to him.

I hate myself for doing Proud now cuz I knew this would happen. Have no desire to do a lesser difficulty run only to do these battles and everything else. My only option is grinding stat boosts.

So which enemies drop what?

jrush64

Banned
Does anyone know where I can get the wallpaper image from the game disc. When you highlight the game disc.

There's a topic for images like that but i cant find it.

Psxphile

Think it's a little weird that there's no Soft Reset in KHIIFM. I shouldn't need a save point to boot back to the title screen, Square-Enix.

It's almost as bad as having soft reset but having it boot to the game selection screen and not the game's title screen like it should (FFX/X-2 Remaster).

Soriku

Lvl 25 is a good level to beat AS Zexion. What levels should I do the rest?

Also when should I start grinding the Drive forms? In OG KH2 I only did them towards the end.

Top Bottom