• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Kinsei

Banned
Sort of. It doesn't come right out say say the words "This is why Roxas looks like Ventus." But the story makes it pretty damn obvious why they look similar by the end.

--

I always did Terra > Ventus > Aqua, but for a first timer, I think Ventus' playthrough would be more fun. Terra is a lot slower than what you may be used to with previous KH protags. He also has one of the harder final bosses of the three characters (imo).

I think it's harder to go from Ven to Terra than it is from Terra to Ven.

I think it's harder to go from Ven to Terra than it is from Terra to Ven.

Hmm, that's a good point. Ventus is really fast and fun to control... so going from him to Terra afterwards.. ehh.. I dunno. For the story, I don't really know. Nomura himself said TVA, but VTA has some good points as well. Really, as long as Aqua is last, that's all that matters.

Kain

Oh man the reunion in II, oh man

"Oh hey Kairi, cool to see you and all but you know, whatever"

"RIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OH MAI GOD RIKUUUU I MISSED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" *cries like a little baby*

I think the writers knew what they were doing, these two are clearly gay for each other.

Terra -> Ventus -> Aqua is the "proper" order.

Yep. The one problem with this order is toward the very end of the game when
Ventus shows up at the Keyblade Graveyard blabbing about the X-blade and (if it's your first time through the game) you're like "huh what I've never heard of that."
Apart from that bit, Terra's stuff feels like the most natural flow, and it's certainly the best transition gameplay-wise.

LAA

Well nearing the end of my critical playthrough storywise. Just cleaning up other stuff before starting the journey to the final world. Just did the Gummi Ship trophies, never bothered with Gummi ship apart from the required routes when I first played it, so cool to have explored further with them.

The first time I played through I went VTA but it seems TVA is the proper order from the players prospective. Terra and Aqua's story properly introduce the Unverse.

iosefe

Well nearing the end of my critical playthrough storywise. Just cleaning up other stuff before starting the journey to the final world. Just did the Gummi Ship trophies, never bothered with Gummi ship apart from the required routes when I first played it, so cool to have explored further with them.

it's a pretty decent shmups in KH2, and i loved it. missoni 3 where you controll the camera is tops.

where can it go from there?

Terra -> Ventus -> Aqua is the "proper" order.
Pretty much, which is a jerk move because Terra is the hardest play through.

I am slowly beating Proud mode. Just beat Halloween Town.
Honestly making sure Jack did not die was worse. Main trick for OB boss fight was avoiding the fist (easy death if it hits you).

I loved the hell out of the first and second KH when I was younger. I bought 1.5 and really think I should buy this because I've never played BBS.
BBS has the best combat by far. Coming to KH2 from it made me realize how dumb the MP system is.

Necrovex

"RIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OH MAI GOD RIKUUUU I MISSED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" *cries like a little baby*

I think the writers knew what they were doing, these two are clearly gay for each other.

I remember my friend and me joking about that back in '06.

It's even funnier now seeing the context of 358/2 Days, and how Sora is more excited for Riku than Kairi. Xion must still be kicking around somewhere, since Sora doesn't really give much of a fuck!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I remember my friend and me joking about that back in '06.

Replaying KHII and remembering these scenes, and remembering all the old jokes... man it's really been 8 years.

I will say, Final Mix is a lot nicer when it comes to story than the vanilla version. We didn't even get the scene of how Riku turned into Ansem (something we had to wait for in 358/2 Days).

Afrocious

I guess I'll complete remaining missions once I'm done with all the other trophies.

It's going to be a huge waste of time, but I'm going for the platinum.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Coming at this as not crazy about Disney nor the FFX characters.

This is an incredibly polished experience. Every edge of this thing has been buffed to a shine. It's a pleasure to play it.

And my god, that music. Wow.

My only complaint is that it's not digital, and this game makes my super slim drive super noisy.

Necrovex

Replaying KHII and remembering these scenes, and remembering all the old jokes... man it's really been 8 years.

I will say, Final Mix is a lot nicer when it comes to story than the vanilla version. We didn't even get the scene of how Riku turned into Ansem (something we had to wait for in 358/2 Days).

I remember the first time I was near the end of the game, I really thought it was going to end with
Riku and Sora chilling at the beach.
Now that would have been a masterful troll.

Just completed the tutorial phase of the game (i.e. the first three hours), now it's time to attack the real meat of the game, and see all of these final mix additions!

Afrocious

Coming at this as not crazy about Di' nor the FFX characters.

This is an incredibly polished experience. Every edge of this thing has been buffed to a shine. It's a pleasure to play it.

And my god, that music. Wow.

My only complaint is that it's not digital, and this game makes my super slim drive super noisy.

Yokos music is the best thing to come out of the entire series. Every game in the series has wonderful music that you remember years after the game is put away.

Luigi87

Ugh, I forgot how much of a grind levelling Final Form can be.

Decided I wanted to get my Growth abilities up before taking on
Xigbar
again. Being unable to close the gap near the end of the fight has made cost me enough times.

The Cerberus Cup trick was nice in unlocking both Final Form, and the trophy for 13 Anti-Form uses at least.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I thought grinding FF was pretty easy. Twilight town white room, just clear all the nobodies in the mansion, rinse repeat.

The only one i'm having issues with is that damn summon level. How are you supposed to use summon so many times in a row

Berordn

Just about any boss can be taken down with spamming shotlock, even on critical.

Well yeah, but if Terra's your first playthrough there's a good chance you haven't really tried out shotlocks yet. To multiple people I know picking up BBS immediately after 2 they're hitting a wall at Enchanted Dominion's boss and not even trying shotlocks or D-Links.

Holmes

I know Tinkerbell comes out and revives you once when you summon Peter Pan, but does she only do this when Peter Pan is summoned or does she stick around even when he's gone?

I know Tinkerbell comes out and revives you once when you summon Peter Pan, but does she only do this when Peter Pan is summoned or does she stick around even when he's gone?

I liked the Tinkerbell summon better in the first KH and actually I think that's the only useful summon out of the two games.

Fauve

I thought grinding FF was pretty easy. Twilight town white room, just clear all the nobodies in the mansion, rinse repeat.

The only one i'm having issues with is that damn summon level. How are you supposed to use summon so many times in a row

There's a really easy way to level summons here.

Afrocious

There's a really good video by Bizkit. Summons level with each depleted drive right?

He basically used Stitch on that Mushroom in Agrabah. I think he had drive converter, so he kept regenerating his depleting drive bar. It looked like the easiest thing in the world.

I believe you'll need the Sweet Memories keychain from 100 Acre Wood.

Luigi87

There's a really good video by Bizkit. Summons level with each depleted drive right?

He basically used Stitch on that Mushroom in Agrabah. I think he had drive converter, so he kept regenerating his depleting drive bar. It looked like the easiest thing in the world.

I believe you'll need the Sweet Memories keychain from 100 Acre Wood.

Don't even need that. Just dealing damage will regen the Summon gauge. Takes about around 5ish minutes to get to max level.

100 Acre Wood is the most different out of all the words and it's pretty easy to forget about it. In all the discussions about worlds in KH, 100 Acre Wood always seems to be among the least mentioned.

Alright, Pride Lands time!
*Starts with Mufasa's death*
WHY GAME?

Fuck this continue when you have to fight roxas. Fuck fuck fuck
What the help am I supposed to do when he shoots all those this shit is awful
This game really needed a Retry button. SE was too lazy to program one.

Jigolo

Fuck this continue when you have to fight roxas. Fuck fuck fuck
What the help am I supposed to do when he shoots all those this shit is awful
Fuck this game

Vashetti

Banned
I completely forgot that you get curaga through 100 Acre Wood. That was a nice surprise.

100 Acre Wood is the most different out of all the words and it's pretty easy to forget about it. In all the discussions about worlds in KH, 100 Acre Wood always seems to be among the least mentioned.

I love, love, love the 100 Acre Wood. It's a great distraction from everything else in the games.

I'm so grateful there's no Heartless/Nobodies or combat at all. It would spoil it.

Protag

Banned

Brah, sora knew at the end of 1 that kairi would be alright (thats what i inferred)

Riku on the other hand had the doors to KH close on him, so Sora's probly thinking the worst.

sappyday

Critical is extremely hard in KH2FM more so than I thought it was in BBS. I was even tempted to restart my playthrough and select Proud.

Lightning

Banned
Critical is extremely hard in KH2FM more so than I thought it was in BBS. I was even tempted to restart my playthrough and select Proud.
Don't do this.

Critical is brutal to be sure but it gets easier. Truly the best experience from the game comes from critical imo. Learn to dodge attacks and once you get reflect get that on a short cut asap and use it.

I wish I knew this earlier but Goofy's
Majestic Mushroom+
shield is an amazingly good item.

Hiko

Banned

Keep at it. Just grind levels along the way to get new abilities. The more powerful Sora gets, the easier the game becomes.

On critical mode you become sort of like a glass cannon. Proud mode isn't necessarily easier. In the early parts of the game it's arguably tougher than critical.

Top Bottom