• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Luigi87

How I feel about still fighting
Xigbar.

Bcd42qECIAAFwvO.jpg

Seriously, I can get him to just over one health bar to go, but once he starts using his DM, I just lose all opportunity to further damage him it feels like.

>Uses his DM
>Does a combo
>Fires 2 blue shots
>Does a combo
>Goes up to his spot (ala start of fight)
>Does a combo
>Uses his DM (and repeat)

Also, losing latest attempt froze my system again >_<

botty

Banned
Oh man the reunion in II, oh man

"Oh hey Kairi, cool to see you and all but you know, whatever"

"RIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OH MAI GOD RIKUUUU I MISSED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" *cries like a little baby*

I think the writers knew what they were doing, these two are clearly gay for each other.

Given context it makes sense:

Kingdom Hearts one has Sora being lovey dovey more so with Kairi because the core storyline is about Sora trying to save Kairi.

Sora's reaction to Riku makes sense in Kingdom Hearts 2 when you consider the core storyline is about Sora trying to find Riku and bring him back home. The emotions are probably more overdone since the time it took to find Riku is arguably three times as long as it was to find Kairi.

There is nothing even remotely homoerotic/sexual in their relationship.

Groof

So I'm guessing it's my ps3 going nutters, but I have no voices in the opening cutscene. All other sound is going except voices. What's the dealio here :|

Kinsei

Banned
So I'm guessing it's my ps3 going nutters, but I have no voices in the opening cutscene. All other sound is going except voices. What's the dealio here :|

Opening cutscene? You mean while Sanctuary is playing? There is no voice acting there.

RPGCrazied

What level do you need to be for the cave of remembrance? I can pretty much kill everything in the first room no problems now. I'm like level 62. I have glide so I can finally get past the 2nd room, I think.

RPGCrazied

Even the Data fights. I assume at this point you've beaten every other optional boss except the Lingering Will, correct? If so, you're ready for them.

No. I've only gone through several of the absent silhouettes. Still have Vexen and Marluxia to kill.

RPGCrazied

Then do those two first. They should be a complete cake walk at that level.

Okay. I hear the data fights are harder, really don't want to do Larxene again, though I did make her shock charm, so that might help. It says it extremely resists thunder magic or something.

Kinsei

Banned
Which mushroom did you get it from?
I'm actually glad the game is still tough at lv99, I'm referring to the
data battles and Lingering Will.

Get an A rank on any of the mushrooms that drop shields (except the one in Land of Dragons) to have a 90% chance at getting one. The other 10% is actually a chance for a better shield.

will I still get the disney pin if I buy this new, or are those pretty much wiped out now?

Edit: seems to still be listed with the pin on gamestop, I could have swore they said it wouldnt be available after launch

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Given context it makes sense:

Kingdom Hearts one has Sora being lovey dovey more so with Kairi because the core storyline is about Sora trying to save Kairi.

Sora's reaction to Riku makes sense in Kingdom Hearts 2 when you consider the core storyline is about Sora trying to find Riku and bring him back home. The emotions are probably more overdone since the time it took to find Riku is arguably three times as long as it was to find Kairi.

There is nothing even remotely homoerotic/sexual in their relationship.

That's one thing i hope is really remedied in KH3. Kairi is never given any spotlight, even though in KH2 she says she won't wait anymore, and will fight, its taken until now to get her in a position of strength and capability.

Its worse because Sora and Riku are always the faces of the games, Kairi isn't able to live up to her potential at all because we never get to have her in the story. Heh, sounds familiar to a certain mainstream manga i know. Of course i don't think Nomura is a sexist cause Aqua is great and all, so KH3 will really be her big chance i think to redeem her standing to the franchise.

Psxphile

Is there a trick in getting those 5000 points in the skateboarding mini game?

Just did it with Halloween Town's SB Workshop Rave mission. Start the mini-game and then immediately jump over to the middle conveyor's opening so that you're hovering over it and hit Square like a mad-man while pushing forward on the stick. You'll be suspended over the opening indefinitely so long as you don't squirm around too much. You'll just barely have enough time to score 5,000 points.

If you're too impatient like me to do it with the other method, this way works just as well.

daegan

Critical is extremely hard in KH2FM more so than I thought it was in BBS. I was even tempted to restart my playthrough and select Proud.

Don't do this.

Critical is brutal to be sure but it gets easier. Truly the best experience from the game comes from critical imo. Learn to dodge attacks and once you get reflect get that on a short cut asap and use it.

I wish I knew this earlier but Goofy's
Majestic Mushroom+
shield is an amazingly good item.

Keep at it. Just grind levels along the way to get new abilities. The more powerful Sora gets, the easier the game becomes.

On critical mode you become sort of like a glass cannon. Proud mode isn't necessarily easier. In the early parts of the game it's arguably tougher than critical.

Yeah this is me right now. Haven't played 2 since my first playthrough at launch; I feel adjusted now but keep dying stupid deaths. I'm agonizing for dodge and am probably going to grind some levels out tomorrow...

Soriku

lol at how much trouble everyone's having in this game.

My turn to complain. Fuck Oogie Boogie on Critical. I beat him yesterday, but after 10+ tries. When he starts throwing Heartless at you, it's a nightmare. You're stuck on conveyor belts, and the enemies just have annoying range and hit hard. You can die before you even realize it.

Honestly, KH2 enemy designs are really weird. Many of them have annoying, almost awkward attacks that can be difficult to dodge and guard, and they're all really fast. Not only that, but certain attacks can one or two shot you. So mobs can really catch you off guard on Critical. It makes me feel like a shitty player lol.

It sucks when you realize you simply don't have the time to invest into a game anymore besides a couple hours a day. I was planning on fighting the bosses at lower levels and retrying till I beat them but with my limited time I'm just gonna hit the higher levels and steamroll most of them.

Anyways a theory I had that some of you might share with me.

About Sora's Anti-Form,
Its been pretty much confirmed that Sora/Roxas can wield 2 Keyblades using Synch Blade ability thanks to Ventus being inside his heart. I'm sure if it comes down to it Nomura will make something up to let others use 2 Keyblades as well. But what I'm more curious about is Sora's Anti-Form. I personally think that is Vanitas trying to take over each time Sora reaches within his heart to activate his drive forms. Ven is still trying to recover as seen in 3DDD with his body stuck in Castle Oblivion's Chamber of Repose so that is probably why he can't interrupt. Final Form is the one form that Vanitas cannot corrupt into Anti Form due to Sora accepting his Nobody self and his friends or something like that. Nomura said that Anti Form was the darkness inside Sora's heart from when he became a Heartless, but Anti Form looks much more advanced than a normal Shadow Heartless.

SunGod

I've done absolutely everything in KH2FM HD apart from the data fights (although I have beaten Marluxia) I'm going to try and beat them tomorrow... any tips? :)

Lightning

Banned
Which mushroom did you get it from?
I'm actually glad the game is still tough at lv99, I'm referring to the
data battles and Lingering Will.
Don't know the number but I got it from the Halloween town one.

Get an A rank on any of the mushrooms that drop shields (except the one in Land of Dragons) to have a 90% chance at getting one. The other 10% is actually a chance for a better shield.
What's this better shield called? I want it.

MogCakes

ASSAULT RIDERS. DEAR GOD.

They are by far the most annoying heartless SE has designed. They are completely anti-melee and as a result Sora's ability to attack them is limited to magic. That spear stab is so damn annoying, and the morale gauge is utter shit. I remember now why I hate the land of dragons so much.

Soriku

lmao at Agrabah. I forgot about this part.

Aladdin: That's why I come here. The action---the people. There's always something goin' on.

*cue view of Agrabah market with absolutely no people around, since this is Kingdom Hearts*

What seals the deal though is Sora's and Donald's faces of utter disbelief. Unintentional, but hilarious.

"Bitch, please."

Lightning

Banned
ASSAULT RIDERS. DEAR GOD.

They are by far the most annoying heartless SE has designed. They are completely anti-melee and as a result Sora's ability to attack them is limited to magic. That spear stab is so damn annoying, and the morale gauge is utter shit. I remember now why I hate the land of dragons so much.
Block the spear stab, that's the attack I want them to do as it's easy to block and they're open after you've blocked it. Their spinning attack is the problem, does about half, sometimes over half, of your health bar.

My method was Blizzard attack them until they jump and then kill them in the air since they are defenseless there.

Ultimadrago

I mean if you're eventually going to go for level 99 anyway you might as well level up first THEN do everything.

But that's my OCD min-max tendencies speaking.

Yeah, that was my original plan. I didn't know it was so possible earlier on, but I suppose that's a reason Lvl. 1 runs exist.

Lightning

Banned
Marluxia is a bastard no matter what your level is but higher the better since he does a lot of teleporting cheap quick hits. That prick also does attacks that bring you down to critical hp and they are annoying as fuck.

His desperation move was driving me nuts. I kept gliding into it by mistake then dying straight afterwards.

Fuck this boss. He goes into the Xigbar category of annoying and cheap.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah what's the story behind that? I liked Ragnarok.

It's Ragnarok on BBS too. Odd decision.

Speaking of BBS I'm hit by the combat level glitch. :( Essentially what happens when you complete Final Episode is the level of all your completed saves (are supposed to) bump to 9 or 10, which makes grinding for levels easier. My Terra Critical clear was fine. Ventus is stuck on 6.

Considering I've beat all the secret bosses with Terra on Critical, I have no intention to grind past 50 on Ventus/Terra on gimped enemies (it literally takes 4-5 times longer)

Probably gonna just restart Beginner Ventus/Aqua and finish the platinum on those. Already beat Critical Unknown with Terra. Paid my dues. NO REGERTS

Man, despite all the issues I'm having with BBS, it's honestly the best combat out of KH so far. (Not too big a fan of DDD). Really looking forward to 3 where a combat system with everything they've learned thus far has a full console experience to cook, rather than mini-episodes a-la BBS or atrocious 3DS controls a-la DDD

Falk

that puzzling face
I described it in the sentence right after. :E

It just makes grinding levels past 50 a lot harder since enemies are stuck at their normal levels instead of post-game bump.

There's a very methodical way to solve it on PSP which involves a lot of selective save file and system data deleting, then recompleting in a certain order till it works. However, that's on PSP with easy access to the files on the SD card. I'm not too sure if I wanna mess around with it via PS3 system menu and/or if the same behavior persists. (I don't want to completely mess up my system data and end up back at square 1 for example)

Soriku

Why doesn't KH2 have a fucking retry option :/ This remaster would've been a perfect opportunity to add one. They already added a title screen option in the save menu. Gotta wait for an area and two cutscenes to load before I can skip past them and try the Light Cycle in Space Paranoids. And I die in 2-3 hits.

Edit: Well I got past it.

Top Bottom