• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Groof

Okay so after getting the sound working properly (stupid settings my TV didn't support) I played up to day 3 I think. The struggle tournament. And so far these are my thoughts:
1. Roxas prologue is even more boring than I remember.
2. This game looks absolutely amazing in HD. Wow. If they put them out in PS4 I might have to triple dip (quadruple in KH2FM case).

You only need to get your Attack/Magic stats to 80 if you're stat grinding for Lingering Will/Data XIII. Stats against them cap out at 80, so you'd do the same damage at 80 Str than you would at 100.

Personally, I find that going into them with stats past 70 (especially on Critical Mode) kinda takes the fun out of the fights, but yeah.

Psxphile

I remember having a hell of a time against Roxas during my Proud KH2FM run from years ago, surprised to find how quickly I beat him now on Critical. Fortunately I remembered to block his sucker-punch right at the start and just wailed on him. A Reflega or two later and he was down.

Man, Final Form just does NOT want to pop, even with Two Become One. I've just been wailing on the Heartless in the Dark City for a bit raising my Drive Gauge and then Driving, only to be greeted by Anti-Form every time. I'd be grateful had I not already claimed the Anti-Form trophy several worlds ago. I also headed back into Twilight Town to explore and get the crown pieces from the parts I wasn't allowed to enter yet (Mysterious Tower, mostly) and to gather Dense/Twilight materials from the Nobodies. Managed to finally craft some new stuff after being stalled because of Mythril shard scarcity after the big showdown in Hollow Bastion.

Got like 4 Nobody Guards for Goofy but not a single one of the weapon equivalent for Donald.

Carbonox

In the Synthesis menu am I supposed to synthesize everything I am able to as and when I can or do I need to save my materials at all? What is the trophy involved for it? To make evrything?

Kinsei

Banned
In the Synthesis menu am I supposed to synthesize everything I am able to as and when I can or do I need to save my materials at all? What is the trophy involved for it? To make evrything?

You need to make everything, Get the moogle to max level (should happen naturally when making everything), and get enough shards, stones, and gems for them to show up at the shop.

Soriku

I fucking hate oogie boogie. wtf thought this battle was good?! there's too much shit going on. i cant fucking do this

Stack up on Potions or Ethers. Don't hesitate to heal when you're at half health, even with Cure. Try throwing the boxes at him as quickly as you can; remember that whichever position you throw the boxes doesn't matter. This should be your prime focus. When he starts switching conveyors, stay close to the front and switch to whichever one he's at ASAP. His lightning attack is easy to dodge. When he starts using it, don't take it too fast and stay focused.

sappyday

Stack up on Potions or Ethers. Don't hesitate to heal when you're at half health, even with Cure. Try throwing the boxes at him as quickly as you can; remember that whichever position you throw the boxes doesn't matter. This should be your prime focus. When he starts switching conveyors, stay close to the front and switch to whichever one he's at ASAP. His lightning attack is easy to dodge. When he starts using it, don't take it too fast and stay focused.
Thanks I was able to beat him after grinding up a few and synthesizing a few items.

Leveling up Wisdom form is annoying.

Actually sat through Atlantica without skipping cutscenes for the first time ever. Honestly? It wasn't even that bad. Ursula's Revenge was actually a legit entertaining scenario.

Still prefer Atlantica in the first game, though. Busted controls and all.

Seeing the FF characters in the Hollow Bastion scenarios always reminds me of how glad I am that they did right by Leon/Squall. His KH incarnation is by far the best version of him in any game, FF or otherwise.

*Takes off FFVIII fanboy hat*

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Beat Xemnas, thus unlocking the remaining Mushroooms, Data Battles, and the Lingering Will.
I only have a few mushrooms left, half the coliseum challenges (mostly Paradox related) and all the Data Battles (plus Lingering Will).
Imma take a break! Probably going to try Birth by Sleep now.

RPGCrazied

Ok, so I have glide, and in the mineshaft of the remembrance cave, but still can't glide into that hole with the puzzle piece to continue on. Do I need glide 2 for this or am I just timing it wrong?

Seda

Ok, so I have glide, and in the mineshaft of the remembrance cave, but still can't glide into that hole with the puzzle piece to continue on. Do I need glide 2 for this or am I just timing it wrong?

Need the highest glide level

VVV Oh right, I misunderstood which part you meant. Basically there's a puzzle that requires the highest Quick Run, then a puzzle that requires the highest Aerial Dodge, and then a puzzle that requires the highest Glide.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If you mean that hole at the beginning, use Quick Run not Glide. Level 3 Quick Run that is.

45 is my personal lowest, too. Nice. Sephiroth's actually really fun without Second Chance on Critical Mode. Really forces you to play smart.

Rounding up the last of the Orichalcum+'s I'll need for Ultima Weapon. I think this is going to be the first time I've gone out of my way to get Ultima Weapon before fighting Xemnas.

RPGCrazied

So, whats the trick for leveling summoning? The video shows to use stitch on the mushroom in the cave of wonders. He plays his guitar, then uses fire magic. I'm dong the same, but its not really moving?

Kinsei

Banned
So, whats the trick for leveling summoning? The video shows to use stitch on the mushroom in the cave of wonders. He plays his guitar, then uses fire magic. I'm dong the same, but its not really moving?

You gain one exp every time the summon gauge drops by one. Doing combos on the mushroom will raise the gauge so as soon as it drops do a combo to raise it back up. Repeat this process until you level up your summons.

Summon gets a exp point every time the drive/summon gauge depletes by 1. So when it drops from, say, 5 to 4 you get 1 exp. The gauge replenishes when you attack an enemy so if you attack right after the gauge drops it goes back to 5, drops again to 4 and thus you got 2 exp points now. Keep doing this for really fast summon leveling.

RPGCrazied

You gain one exp every time the summon gauge drops by one. Doing combos on the mushroom will raise the gauge so as soon as it drops do a combo to raise it back up. Repeat this process until you level up your summons.

Summon gets a exp point every time the drive/summon gauge depletes by 1. So when it drops from, say, 5 to 4 you get 1 exp. The gauge replenishes when you attack an enemy so if you attack right after the gauge drops it goes back to 5, drops again to 4 and thus you got 2 exp points now. Keep doing this for really fast summon leveling.

Yeah, thanks. Just let the drive gauge hover between 4 and 5. I guess his guitar move is what regens that? Anyway, after this I will have final and master forms to level.

Is there an efficient way to earn glide in KHII? I remember when I played the original game I just grinded that long tunnel in Olympus killing Nobodies... but it took forever.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, thanks. Just let the drive gauge hover between 4 and 5. I guess his guitar move is what regens that? Anyway, after this I will have final and master forms to level.

The guitar moved didn't do anything. Stitch does stuff at random, and he just happened to be doing that in the video.

Is there an efficient way to earn glide in KHII? I remember when I played the original game I just grinded that long tunnel in Olympus killing Nobodies... but it took forever.

http://youtu.be/j_ZZfpA1a4U?t=6m57s

Lightning

Banned
Wait a minute, does the
Two Become One
keyblade the reason I am driving into anti sora WAYYYYY too much? Hate that form on critical mode.

I love the keyblade, my current favourite but this anti shit has to stop.

Psxphile

Wait a minute, does the
Two Become One
keyblade the reason I am driving into anti sora WAYYYYY too much? Hate that form on critical mode.

Er, yeah. Keep it up though, and you might unlock Final Form. Unless you have already, in which any Drive Form other than Final will make you go Anti until you switch your weapon.

Edit: use the keyblade as a secondary instead if you like it so much

Wait a minute, does the
Two Become One

You have a 50% chance of either driving into Anti or Final Form when using it. If you already have Final unlocked, it'll always drive you into Anti-Form.

Edit: Beaten.

Jigolo

RIP Goofy, you will be missed.

XMzABTL.png

I think I may have missed the cutscene for this. "RIP Goofy, you will be missed" - did this cutscene happen around when they thought he was dead?

Lightning

Banned
Er, yeah. Keep it up though, and you might unlock Final Form. Unless you have already, in which any Drive Form other than Final will make you go Anti until you switch your weapon.

Edit: use the keyblade as a secondary instead if you like it so much
I've already unlocked Final Form, but this anti shit is highly annoying. I drive a lot and don't need anti form's 2 hits dead making me restart over again.

Kain

Dat ending of II, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I've started BbS, the models look nice, but the environments are ugly.

Oh well, let's do a V, T, A run.

PS: btw, Aqua is the absolute best main character of the series. Come at me.

Top Bottom