• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

The Lamp

Dat ending of II, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I've started BbS, the models look nice, but the environments are ugly.

Oh well, let's do a V, T, A run.

PS: btw, Aqua is the absolute best main character of the series. Come at me.

You mean the secret ending or the regular ending?

The secret ending was one of the coolest fucking things I had ever seen back in 2007. The community spent years theorizing about it.

Kain

You mean the secret ending or the regular ending?

The secret ending was one of the coolest fucking things I had ever seen back in 2007. The community spent years theorizing about it.

Regular, I'll watch the secret one during my BbS play, after all.

Yes, it was fucking amazing, but I still prefer Deep Dive. That thing was absolutely nuts, it drove me crazy for years.

Never in my life I felt so much hype for a game. Now the magic is gone :(

I beat Xaldin on Proud Mode with no Mickey or Reflect. I am so proud of myself.
Edit: Also I agree KH2's second half is stronger than the first.

The first couple of hours of this game are so dull it's a real downer when you play it. Thankfully I'm past that part and it's on the up. I do remember really liking the game beyond the initial segment and more so than the original game.

Got to say the game is so sharp and clean. It's a shame some textures are low res here and there but overall it's looks so good.

Kinsei

Banned
lol, I only just now found out that they messed up the translation for Ars Arcanum and Ragnarok in Limit Form. How do you mess something like that up?

They also messed up the translation of Sonic Blade too. For some reason they went with the literal translation instead of the localized names.

Falk

that puzzling face
Beat Mysterious Figure/Unknown with Ventus at lv45 on Beginner. NO REGERTS

One more afternoon and BBS is plat!

Kinsei

Banned
Hey lads, sorry if this was answered before. At the moment I'm playing as Terra, when I'm saving, do I save over the first save file? (It's named Ventus) or can I select another file so I can skip the prologue on the other two play throughs?

I don't know this save system works.

You can save over the prologue file.

Soriku

Oh I just found out the Mushroom XIII guys appear after you beat some of the worlds the first time. Welp, I wonder how annoying they are!

Eblo

Hey lads, sorry if this was answered before. At the moment I'm playing as Terra, when I'm saving, do I save over the first save file? (It's named Ventus) or can I select another file so I can skip the prologue on the other two play throughs?

I don't know this save system works.
Different save file. Each character's path is treated independently.
Also, to do the final story you need a completed save from each character.

Jigolo

Well this boss right was unlike any other in the game lol. I turned into dice

Edit:
I still have no idea what happened to Riku

Berordn

Ok, right now I saved over the prologue file as Terra, when I finish playing as Terra and proceed to Ventus, do I create a separate save file? Sorry if this is obvious, I remember getting confused on the psp version too.

Separate file. Don't overwrite any other character's save just in case you need to go back to collect some reports you missed with them.

Eblo

Ok, right now I saved over the prologue file as Terra, when I finish playing as Terra and proceed to Ventus, do I create a separate save file? Sorry if this is obvious, I remember getting confused on the psp version too.
I actually haven't played BBSFM in years, but I don't remember ever having to do the prologue a second time.You should be good if you can select a new game as any character from the main menu.

peronmls

yes. Dont write over other character saves besides their own.

kai3345

Banned
hey duders, about to go pick this up. thinking of jumping straight into BBS since its the only one I havent played at all. Is there any sort of consensus on which order to play through the protagonists in?

Jigolo

I'm debating whether to go back and find more things or just beat the game now.

Also one question still remains,
how did Xehanort become a heartless for the first game?? Answered soon on DBZ aka BBs the prequel I'm sure.

Berordn

how did Xehanort become a heartless for the first game?? Answered soon on DBZ aka BBs the prequel I'm sure.

Yes and no, it's explained more in the reports/secret reports from KH1 and 2.

Kinsei

Banned
hey duders, about to go pick this up. thinking of jumping straight into BBS since its the only one I havent played at all. Is there any sort of consensus on which order to play through the protagonists in?

Terra, Ven, Aqua is the intended order.

Luigi87

Howd you manage that?!! I'm level 45 (was am now 50) and he owned me in the last phase of that fight

Patience, and many, many attempts...

Fighting Data Axel, I get him down to a sliver of health but a finisher doesn't seem to .. finish him?

Only one thing can kill Axel...
himself.

Okay, that was terrible. Is his flame field down? He can't be beaten if it isn't I think.

Seda

Patience, and many, many attempts...

Only one thing can kill Axel...
himself.

Okay, that was terrible. Is his flame field down? He can't be beaten if it isn't I think.

Well, I beat him. I get him down to a sliver, sonic rave, sonic rave, counter, perform reaction command sequence, still alive, sonic rave, sonic rave, and then he decides to die. x_x

EDIT: Well Larxene went down much more easily

Lightning

Banned
Is it just I suck or does the reaction commands not always work in the Xemnas fight? Whenever he done the "Lets go together" shit and throws you in the air I took a shit ton of damage over and over again.

I got him but sometimes they didn't appear to work and resulted in me getting killed over and over.

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy shit, does Victory Pose stack with EXP chance?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm finding that it basically doubling the XP of the initial mob, then Victory Pose is supposed to give you 300% more of that (for 600% base XP) but it's treating the Victory Pose XP as its own seperate thing and doubling that for 1200% base instead.

Is it just I suck or does the reaction commands not always work in the Xemnas fight? Whenever he done the "Lets go together" shit and throws you in the air I took a shit ton of damage over and over again.

I got him but sometimes they didn't appear to work and resulted in me getting killed over and over.

Not your fault, it's broken in this release.

I'm hoping that they patch it but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

Soriku

He released/abandoned his heart by stabbing himself IIRC prior to KH1.

Luigi87

Well, I beat him. I get him down to a sliver, sonic rave, sonic rave, counter, perform reaction command sequence, still alive, sonic rave, sonic rave, and then he decides to die. x_x

EDIT: Well Larxene went down much more easily

... o_o
Man, when I played FM when it came out, Axel didn't cause me too much strife, but Larxene was nightmare incarnate @_@

RPGCrazied

Leveling forms wouldn't be so tedious if it wasn't for the loading times. Trying to use the cerebus cup trick to get full drive, then go all the way back to yen sid's tower to level up final form.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why Mysterious Tower? Unless you're specifically needing drops from the mobs there, the second last run in TWTNW is faster for Final Form, especially since it has that one Z-shaped staircase that spawns like a billion Creepers

SunGod

hGIabNB.jpg

Got it :) I'm going to start BBSFM after Christmas and I'm aiming to complete everything/get the platinum in that too.

RPGCrazied

Why Mysterious Tower? Unless you're specifically needing drops from the mobs there, the second last run in TWTNW is faster for Final Form, especially since it has that one Z-shaped staircase that spawns like a billion Creepers

That is what the video showed that has leveling tricks for everything so far it has been good. Do you know the area name by a save point?

Top Bottom