• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Eblo

Can I just finish Ventus story on biggener and get all reports to unlock the unknown? or do I need to finish his story on the same difficulty as the other characters( proud) ?
I don't think difficulty affects anything besides the endings you can unlock. To unlock Unknown, defeat the Vanitas Remnant as anyone and save, then have another save file in which you can access the Land of Departure. There is an actual plot-related reason for this.

Caladrius

The final boss of Terra's story was a tremendous pain without Second chance. If I didn't have One More I probably would have gone insane.

At the very least, it's a personal record for the lowest level I beat him at on Critical (Level 28. I usually grind to the low 40's on Critical.)

My game time was shockingly low. The game said I only clocked in at 7&1/2 hours. With retries it'd be about 8.75. Does BBS still tally cutscene time?

Falk

that puzzling face
u7a7jQul.jpg

qsxvqTKl.jpg

I can't anymore.

I've been sucked dry.

T__T

Bladenic

Grinded up a ton of commands, abilities, and consequently, levels. Time to finish Terra off. Ven's alright, but I can't wait for Aqua. I remember liking her the best after you get her more awesome commands. She's probably the hardest to play initially though, even though she's far more mobile than Terra.

Bladenic

Are you playing Critical?

Nah, Proud. Well for Terra, but probably for everyone. Maybe I should go for Critical though, didn't die once on Terra's playthrough (so far at least).

Also gotta say, the Keyblade Graveyard area with the massive tornadoes is so unsettling. The fact that they chase you at lightning speed and WILL catch you *shudder*

jrush64

Banned
Just completed Terra's story on critical in 9 hours. Man that shit was hard. The last boss fight was so damn great!!! I felt so pumped afterwards.

Now to move onto Ven.

Bladenic

Just finished last boss myself. He's still pretty annoying when you're over-leveled. Great fight though.

The ending though, so tragic. Really hope Terra gets a happy ending somehow.

Falk

that puzzling face
Only facing in one direction (where you throw Pooh).

Found that pretty odd; that didn't happen in the JP version.

Kain

Is it me or Rox... I mean Ventus VA sounds stoned or something in BbS? Aqua and Terra are terrible, but the Ventus' guy sounds very strange compared to II.

TEJ

You know how Cam Clarke, voice of Simba in KH2 and Liquid Snake from the metal gear solid series also provided his uh, singing talents for a certain movie?

We are one

Still haven't gotten the chance to try out my collectors edition. Working on my resume for various walt disney animation studios for apprenticeship, and I only really have time for mario kart 8.

Currently levelling Valor/Limit in the Treasure Room in Agrabah before I go for the 1K Heartless fight.

2 things:

1: Bruce Boxelitner is still Tron, and I freaking love it.
2: GOOD LORD THE LOADING TIIIIIMES. Where is my Hard Drive install, Squeenix? Or do i have to wait for the damn PS4 port?

Luigi87

At the final boss in my Lv.1 run.
I think after this... I may attempt the Absent Silhouettes at level 1, or go on to BbSFM for the time being.
I won't be going for Platinum for a bit, since I'll need to make a separate save, and grind from 1-99, lol

Also, kudos to Luxord for (technically spoilers for this and Dream Drop Distance)
being the only member of the Organization who doesn't contain a part of Xehanort's heart to survive up until Sora and co. assault The World that Never Was

Done with all second world trips, honestly only Xaldin was hard. The rest was way easier than I remember.
I find random enemies kill me faster than bosses.
Edit: Just read up on Secret ending requirements, guess I will YouTube it.

Done with all second world trips, honestly only Xaldin was hard. The rest was way easier than I remember.
I find random enemies kill me faster than bosses.
Edit: Just read up on Secret ending requirements, guess I will YouTube it.

You don't even really have to watch the secret ending of KH2FM since you'll see the same cutscene (albeit not as pretty) 3 times if you play BBS. :p

Level 53 on Critical Mode. Game beaten, Sephiroth & Absent Silhouettes done, and everything except Quick Run and Glide are at Level 3.

Almost done with Cavern of Remembrance. Just have that one last bit of Transport to Remembrance left:

Oh, man. This is going to be a giant pain in the ass.

Level 53 on Critical Mode. Game beaten, Sephiroth & Absent Silhouettes done, and everything except Quick Run and Glide are at Level 3.

Almost done with Cavern of Remembrance. Just have that one last bit of Transport to Remembrance left:

Oh, man. This is going to be a giant pain in the ass.

Stitch helps

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I knew it! That's why some of them have 'his' eyes. Cough
Saix and Xigbar

I have to wonder if it was planned for Xigbar and Saix to be "part-Xehanort" from the beginning. The always had the yellow eyes and pointed ears.
Really, one has to wonder what Nomura planned, and what he pulled out of his ass. The series is "seat of your pants" writing like Metal Gear Solid.

Afrocious

For folks who have or are going for the KH2FM Platinum: When and how did you begin with synthesizing?

I've decided to follow Bizkit's video on how to get started. I've gotten every chest in the game sans those in the Cavern of Remembrance and now I'm on the way to max out Wisdom and Final forms to get all Drive abilities maxed out. I figure once I do that, I'll either go online to find how to make every single recipe or farm worlds until I'm able to buy every synth mat from a moogle.

Ideas? Thoughts? Tips? Concerns?

I have to wonder if it was planned for Xigbar and Saix to be "part-Xehanort" from the beginning. The always had the yellow eyes and pointed ears.
Really, one has to wonder what Nomura planned, and what he pulled out of his ass. The series is "seat of your pants" writing like Metal Gear Solid.

While I don't doubt how made up things are in the KH series, Braig and Isa have brown eyes in BBS. Braig's eyes change later on in that game.

I'd be willing to bet Xigbar's the only one he had long term plans for. Xigbar almost purely exists in KHII to set up his role in BBS. And then Braig very clearly goes from having brown eyes in regular ears in one part of BBS, to having pointy ears and yellow eyes near the climax of the game. The jury's out on Saix and the others (and I'm pretty sure that aside from a few major things, the plot is made up as it goes along) but I'm inclined to believe Xigbar/Braig was always meant to be pretty important.

Kain

So they fucked up the trick to leveling Wisdom in FM. Thank you based developers for making that piece of shit form harder to level than ever!

For those who don't know: the trick was to just go to TWTNW and slaughter the countless Shadows and Neoshadows that spawned in the first two areas.

Now there are only nobodies and a Mushroom, so you have to go to Timless River and navigate through the windows, which is slower in my experience. Or just go to random worlds and kill random heartless.

Most useless form and harder to level up, this is some stupid bullshit design decision right here.

Oh well, just 150 heartless to go and then I'll have maxed out everything and then I'll go to the COR.

I'm alternating the endgame of II with BbS, btw. The difference in gameplay is nuts.

peronmls

So they fucked up the trick to leveling Wisdom in FM. Thank you based developers for making that piece of shit form harder to level than ever!

For those who don't know: the trick was to just go to TWTNW and slaughter the countless Shadows and Neoshadows that spawned in the first two areas.

Now there are only nobodies and a Mushroom, so you have to go to Timless River and navigate through the windows, which is slower in my experience. Or just go to random worlds and kill random heartless.

Most useless form and harder to level up, this is some stupid bullshit design decision right here.

Oh well, just 150 heartless to go and then I'll have maxed out everything and then I'll go to the COR.

I'm alternating the endgame of II with BbS, btw. The difference in gameplay is nuts.

It's different in KH2FM. They replaced shadows with nobodies...which makes sense since it's a nobody world. What I did was grind the shadows before I fought roxas and continued further in TWTNW.

Psxphile

Does everyone wait until the endgame to level their forms? It'd be less of a grind if you'd been leveling them from the get-go. All my Forms (and Summon level, incidentally) were capped by the time I unlocked Final, and I plan to max them as I go material hunting. Of course that meant Driving almost constantly, usually in battle and occasionally getting killed whilst in Anti-Form during boss battles but that's the name of the game, brehs.

It *is* a shame the Heartless swarm in TWTNW is gone, though. If the bird swarm in Pride Lands was in anyway reliable I'd say use that spot and spam Magnega/Thundaga instead.

Lightning

Banned

Does everyone wait until the endgame to level their forms? It'd be less of a grind if you'd been leveling them from the get-go. All my Forms (and Summon level, incidentally) were capped by the time I unlocked Final, and I plan to max them as I go material hunting. Of course that meant Driving almost constantly, usually in battle and occasionally getting killed whilst in Anti-Form during boss battles but that's the name of the game, brehs.

It *is* a shame the Heartless swarm in TWTNW is gone, though. If the bird swarm in Pride Lands was in anyway reliable I'd say use that spot and spam Magnega/Thundaga instead.
I level my forms when I get them, especially since Limit Form grants you the Lucky Lucky ability while Valor and Master give you combo boosts making fights easier. I have Valor, Wisdom, Limit and Master forms all at level 6 before the 1000 heartless fight.

I never found myself needing to Drive against any of the bosses in the second half of the game. Master is useful against Xaldin but I didn't need it. Until TWTNW then I went into drive constantly but yeah anti sora was a real bitch during that period.

You can still get many Heartless if you do not get into the castle. I am using that to level up Wisdom.
Level 4 now!
How do you unlock the new secret episode in BBSFM?
Final episode - Get all reports. One is Terra's 4th Mirage Arena battle.
Secret - Get all stickers with each character.
You can get it via Proud. Critical voids the sticker requirement.

Kain

Nah, I've been using forms constantly and getting into Anti through the process, but I have not grinded in any zone so when I got to TWTNW they were all maybe at level 4-5. Except Wisdom, of course, which is useless.

Final was very easy to level in fact, I've counted 5 complete runs through the last world, the Creepers are a gift.

No, the Pride lands trick doesn't work either. They just left a single heartless as if mocking the player :(

Protag

Banned
The final boss of Terra's story was a tremendous pain without Second chance. If I didn't have One More I probably would have gone insane.

At the very least, it's a personal record for the lowest level I beat him at on Critical (Level 28. I usually grind to the low 40's on Critical.)

My game time was shockingly low. The game said I only clocked in at 7&1/2 hours. With retries it'd be about 8.75. Does BBS still tally cutscene time?

Thats crazy because i spent 40 hours on terra, 40 hours on Ven, and 25 on aqua.

Top Bottom