• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Afrocious

Gummi masters, I need your help. That Hunter X bastard is destroying me every time on Mission 3.

In fact, why do I need to do Mission 3? I keep hearing you have to do all 3 missions for Assault on the Dreadnought. Why not just do one and then an EX mission?

Falk

that puzzling face
Blueprint

edit: With a donut ship, Hunter X shouldn't hit you at all. If it is, make sure your donut is centered front-to-back.

SunGod

Gummi masters, I need your help. That Hunter X bastard is destroying me every time on Mission 3.

In fact, why do I need to do Mission 3? I keep hearing you have to do all 3 missions for Assault on the Dreadnought. Why not just do one and then an EX mission?

If you're going for the trophies you need to do it to get the final blueprint (assuming you got all the others)

Build a donut ship with lots of blizzaga and graviga guns, set the guns to full-auto in the menu if you haven't already and just hold down x haha. Also turn on all abilities that boost canon power (I think I only had one on and managed to do it but more will obviously help)

Also add as many neon orbs etc as you can to boost power, and make sure you're in berserk mode (30 medals)

Bladenic

Almost at the end of Terra's playthrough. Way more fun than I remember. Also far easier. Haven't had a bit of trouble on Proud. Of course I've also been doing far more command melding than I recall doing in my first play years ago.

Shotlocks are OP too.

Psxphile

Finished. Seeing all those difficulty trophies pop... so_good.gif

Fuck Hunter X or whatever that gummi secret boss is. Fuck that thing.
Yeah baby, yeah. Supposedly one good strategy is to use a Drain Gummi to absorb the lasers it fires and fire 'em back for big damage. Too bad I never figured out how to use the damn thing. What really saved me was the Auto-Life ability. You're almost guaranteed to die once fighting it. An Auto-Regen or two couldn't hurt, either.

Is it just I suck or does the reaction commands not always work in the Xemnas fight? Whenever he done the "Lets go together" shit and throws you in the air I took a shit ton of damage over and over again.

I got him but sometimes they didn't appear to work and resulted in me getting killed over and over.
Heh. I completely avoided this issue by having Riku's Auto-Limit equipped. I always go into their joint limit before he can strike Sora in the air and wail on him instead.

Caladrius

I wish I had known I'd be horribly overleveled by the time I managed to make Mega Flare. I suppose it's my own fault though.

On the upshot that means that Crticial should be manageable for awhile longer and I can get to my two favorite KH characters' campaigns faster!

okay i have no clue how i did it but data xaldin is vanquished

x_x

Fucking Aeroga, man.

Seda

hmm, tips for Data Demyx? I removed combo plus abilities and added negative combo, so I basically doing explosion all the time but that doesnt seem to be fast enough.

Falk

that puzzling face
Pretty sure the bombs can still hit you. It's not always easy to dodge, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKWDPEXi79c

hmm, tips for Data Demyx? I removed combo plus abilities and added negative combo, so I basically doing explosion all the time but that doesnt seem to be fast enough.

Wisdom and Firaga spam. Takes a bit of practice since Wisdom handles like a koala on ice..

Wow I'm an idiot.

image.php

Afrocious

What was the EX mission you folks did for the last gummi route?

I figure the one where you need at least 2 ultima gummi is the easiest. However, I'm too slow to lock on and my ship is piss weak HP wise.

HOLY SHIT FUCK YOU DEMYX

I beat his 99 water form spam at the end with like a half second to spare

Honestly, I just go into Wisdom Form, with a bunch of Ethers, spam Firaga at that part and pray for the best.

Edit: Beaten. Have you fought Data Vexen yet? Because if Demyx gives you trouble, Vexen is going to be some sixth circle of hell shit.

Bladenic

Any tips for getting medals in arena or nothing?

Command board or racing give any? Idk feels like fighting battles to get them would take forever, unless grinding forever for them is the point. I do want some of the stuff available.

Seda

Honestly, I just go into Wisdom Form, with a bunch of Ethers, spam Firaga at that part and pray for the best.

Edit: Beaten. Have you fought Data Vexen yet? Because if Demyx gives you trouble, Vexen is going to be some sixth circle of hell shit.

I took on Vexen first, he and Xaldin I probably had the most trouble with.

I just took out Zexion which is the last one available. I havent beaten the actual final boss yet.

Afrocious

For hunter X, I went with a donut and stayed in the center the entire time. When bombs were being shot, I spammed circle while holding X.

I used 2 gravigas and 2 blizzaga guns.

Said fuck it and decided to replace my copy through Amazon and see if that helps. Can't even get through the 1st visit to Hollow Bastion because of the game restarting randomly.

Berordn

Command board or racing give any? Idk feels like fighting battles to get them would take forever, unless grinding forever for them is the point. I do want some of the stuff available.

Command Board and Rumble Racing will give you medals and also up your arena level so it's worth doing if maxing that out is your aim.

I took on Vexen first, he and Xaldin I probably had the most trouble with.

I just took out Zexion which is the last one available. I havent beaten the actual final boss yet.

Nice. Data Vexen is probably the hardest one for me. I completely lose my composure when he starts his desperation attack.

Falk

that puzzling face
You can destroy Monstro in 2m30s for 675 medals on this version if you're decently levelled.

Megaflare the first room, hit stuff at him, get on his tongue and spam something like Ars Arcanum or Thunder Surges

edit: Did I say 2m30

I was mistaken ololo

IZMk2QA.jpg

Do the battle against Monstro.

Your deck should be: Mega Flare, detonation, Detonation, Detonation

shot lock should be Lighting Ray.

Battle starts, use Megaflare to kill all enemies. you will be shot outside.

Once you can move, move camera around to the left(?) so Monstro is in view. hit the first barrel.

immediately dash over to the right to another barrel an hit it to make Monstro dizzy.

wait 2 - 3 seconds, then use Lightning ray (best to have it full level) and get all 15 hits. Keep pressing the prompt button (circle in Japan, probably X for you) and do full hits.

this will knock him down to 1.5 bars of health and Lightning Ray will place you right on his tongue. The just use your detonation spells right there.

It takes some practice, but with this strat you can kill Monstro in 50 seconds, netting you 675 medals per run. Do this like 15 times in a row (only takes 25 minutes) and you will over 10,000 medals.

Afrocious

It's funny how you can't go through Roxas' Twilight Town.

Kind of reminds me of that one area in Resident Evil 3. It's the same as this one place in RE2, and there's a door you enter from in RE2. You see it in RE3 and you're like "Woah, if I could only go through it, I could play through RE2 lol"

Also, I noticed how I have 11 minutes playtime recorded in The World That Never Was even though I've never been in it yet. Anyone know why that is?

RPGCrazied

Land at Twilight's View, go through the room you fought Xigbar in. In the next room, be in Final Form and go crazy.

Thanks. After this all I will have is Master to level. Its level 6 now. 548 points to go. Ugh. Took most of the day getting this stuff leveled.

Holmes

Also, I noticed how I have 11 minutes playtime recorded in The World That Never Was even though I've never been in it yet. Anyone know why that is?
Cutscenes? Like the ones with Roxas and Riku, or the ones where the Organization members are sitting around talking.

And what drops twilight gems? Need some to make goofys save the king shield.

Best weapons for Donald and Goofy both are probably their MP Hastega ones. For Donald, that's the Premium Heart (IIRC) - for Goofy it's a synthesis thing IIRC. Goofy's top Mushroom weapon has Protega on it, which is neat but isn't really necessary even on Critical difficulty - better to have him working the offense harder, IMO.

Save the King and Save the Queen are alright but not that great compared to some of the other stuff that's out there.

Afrocious

Ah Cutscenes. That makes sense.

Also that cutscene of the Organization before stepping into TWTNW? It gives more context to the upcoming Roxas boss fight.

KH2FM is so good.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, the main trouble with Assassins is finding a good place to loop them (same with Snipers). It's tough to find them in high quantity.

It's been a while since I've farmed them, but don't assassins appear in the Hall of Empty Melodies? If so it's pretty fast to head to Proof of Existence and return to the world map to respawn them.

It's been a while since I've farmed them, but don't assassins appear in the Hall of Empty Melodies? If so it's pretty fast to head to Proof of Existence and return to the world map to respawn them.

That's where I do it - technically I find it faster to just duck into the other two rooms in Proof of Existence instead of returning to the world map, unless I'm leveling a Form (which I no longer need to do).

Afrocious

I'm having a huge nostalgia rush going through the city in TWTNW.

Man, I remember being 12 years old watching the first secret movie in KH1.

Then Deep Dive in KH1FM.

Then running through this place in KH2 vanilla and KH2 FM when I was 16-17.

Now I'm 24. Oh man.

Falk

that puzzling face
Neighbor comes over to see if my carbon monoxide alarm is going off or something.

(Critical HP alarm sound for XP grinding)

wups.

Top Bottom