• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Is birth by sleep fm critical easier than kh2 critical?(I got my ass handed to me on kh2 so i lowered it since i was planning on playing it again in a year or two anyways)...I don't think I want to play this game twice with each character...

Caladrius

Is birth by sleep fm critical easier than kh2 critical?(I got my ass handed to me on kh2 so i lowered it since i was planning on playing it again in a year or two anyways)...I don't think I want to play this game twice with each character...

Terra's and Ven's are about the same, but Aqua's campaign is harder than 2 Critical.

Tirod

Finally got the chance to sit down and start playing again today.

I mentioned earlier in the thread how nervous I was about the Demyx fight before the 1k, and other posters ended up being right: dude's super easy. I must have been just bad when I was younger lol.

I just finished fighting Xaldin and holy shiiiiiit I Drive scummed so hard I think I'm going to pop in Anti-Form for the rest of the game.

Having fun though, even if Xaldin ruined my no death run so far!

u7a7jQul.jpg

qsxvqTKl.jpg

I can't anymore.

I've been sucked dry.

T__T

No doubt you will finish before me, but I feel your pain. This is one tedious platinum

Luigi87

Yeah... Definitely moving on to BbSFM now.

Lv.1 Marluxia AS is uh... trying my patience, lol. Gotta time everything so perfectly.

Luigi87

What phase are you having trouble with? If it's the second, you can loop him so that he never attacks.

Technically the first, but that's just my own error as I misjudge the timings (practice will improve me, but god, it's like 30-40 seconds to start a new fight due to load times, and the Doom animation...)

What's the loop?

Kinsei

Banned
Technically the first, but that's just my own error as I misjudge the timings (practice will improve me, but god, it's like 30-40 seconds to start a new fight due to load times, and the Doom animation...)

What's the loop?

Use fira/firaga in the center of the arena right before he appears to summon the pools to knock him out of the animation. This leaves him open to a combo, and then once you finish the combo head back to the center and repeat the process.

Luigi87

Use fira/firaga in the center of the arena right before he appears to summon the pools to knock him out of the animation. This leaves him open to a combo, and then once you finish the combo head back to the center and repeat the process.

Oh nice! Thanks for the tip.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Has anyone attempted a drinking game for every instance of "Sora, Donald, Goofy!"?
Or is that too dangerous?

Seda

fighting lingering will

i have no idea what i am doing

EDIT: Beat him with a bunch of Elixers and spamming Sonic Rave :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Generally e.g. a lv1 blizzara is stronger than a lv3 blizzard.

edit: Also attaching crystals during melding is how a lot of the useful abilities come about. Like Treasure Magnet, Lucky Strike(s), HP Boost, Leaf Bracer/Second Chance/Once More, Defender, EXP Walker, EXP Chance, Damage Syphon, elemental Boost and Screen, and especially Magic/Attack Haste etc.

Lightning

Banned
Holy fuck I don't think I will ever beat Data Xigbar. He moves around so damn fast I can hardly land any combos on him while shooting the absolute shit out of me. Cheap punk doesn't fight fair. I can see me going into my favourite final form like I have done for most of the data battles. Lol.

aravuus

Welp. I've got a few things at level 3 already I don't want to meld those...guess I'll buy some extra ones from the store.

Most have to be max level if you want to meld them, though. Honestly, I'd just say go for it. Meld till you melt. Gaining levels for the commands is pretty fast anyway.

I personally thought it was always pretty exciting, sometimes you just randomly end up with an awesome new skill with a great new ability. Save before you meld though, cause sometimes the exact opposite happens.

Got Xigbar on my fourth time. He kept spamming his unblockable attack. So annoying!
Edit: I love the trick of your drive gauge will always max if you go to a room where characters are wondering around. I use it for free 2 gauges to go from 3 to 5.

RPGCrazied

Went ahead an beat KH2. I'll come back later to finish up the side stuff, want to start BBS. I did, one thing I've noticed, the framerate is not as smooth as KH2? Mostly in cutscenes so far, but its like its stuttering when the camera pans around. Maybe switching to 720p will help.

Anyone else see this?

Luigi87

Went ahead an beat KH2. I'll come back later to finish up the side stuff, want to start BBS. I did, one thing I've noticed, the framerate is not as smooth as KH2? Mostly in cutscenes so far, but its like its stuttering when the camera pans around. Maybe switching to 720p will help.

Anyone else see this?

I just started BbS (quite literally only left the Land of Departure), but I did notice a few of the framedrops like you've mentioned. Hopefully it isn't like that throughout the game.

will bow DOWN to anyone that gets a platinum for KH2+

A few in this thread already have!
Not I though... Not for a while (specifically after I go through BbSFM, make a second save in KH2FM and grind from lv.1 to 99...)

RPGCrazied

Falk already has.

I just started BbS (quite literally only left the Land of Departure), but I did notice a few of the framedrops like you've mentioned. Hopefully it isn't like that throughout the game.

I'm going to guess and say its going to be throughout the game. Not all the time, only when there is a ton on screen, but it was doing it at the land of departure with no action and 4 people on screen. Doesn't bode well.

Xaldin is the one storyline boss I'm also dreading, after all these playthroughs he still gives me a hard time even on the lower difficulties. What's the suggested level for that battle?

e: actually, what i want to ask is, how should i prepare for critical and are there any specific things i should keep in mind? obviously at the very least i need to learn how to block and use reflect, two things i've very rarely done in any kh game

I think it's 36 or something close to that. You do need to block and use reflect more. I really feel it more about adjusting how you play. I found after a few worlds blocking seemed to be more fluid.

What is this "it's not cheap or unfair at all" stuff?

I died several times on that first giant nobody fight simply because I have to spam triangle to avoid the hits from the smaller nobodies and those stringy nobody beams. If I let go of triangle to land a hit, the chance is very likely that I will be hit during my attack and lose most of my health. I can handle 2-3 hits before dying, and I don't have block yet.

Of course the game gives you more options in combat later, but at that point I was pretty frustrated. Finally beat it when I leveled up some.

Yes the first boss can be tough but if you just get a couple level up prio to playing him he really isn't that tough at all.

I'm sooo close. Just last stuff with Aqua.

Also, question: Is No Heart in the Arena supposed to be the hardest boss? I mean, he gives the best keyblade after you beat him.

I beat him before even fighting Vanitas/Mysterious Figure.

Carbonox

Where is the best place to level up in KH2? I can't remember shit from my original experience with the game. :lol I'm at the Brink of Despair and would rather start getting other shit done before proceeding to the Org's Death Star.

Top Bottom