• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Thanks guys!

So I probably won't get to do it then, cuz fuck minigames.
Mirage Arena is not that bad. Proud/Critical has easy Secret Ending req. since stickers just means all the crowns in each world.
KH2 requires all the mini-games, even in Proud mode. That is lame.

Finally got to the data fights, even at level 75 I'm getting wrecked by all of them. Do you need to be 99 for these?

Stats don't really mean much for the Data fights. You have to actually learn how to take each one on. If you don't learn, they'll wreck you just as badly on Level 99 as they will any other level.

Caladrius

Thats crazy because i spent 40 hours on terra, 40 hours on Ven, and 25 on aqua.

I only did a minimalist run. The only thing that I did outside of rushing through the story was getting two Mega Flares, which leveled me up enough to get through to the endgame.

Stats don't really mean much for the Data fights. You have to actually learn how to take each one on. If you don't learn, they'll wreck you just as badly on Level 99 as they will any other level.

To be fair, the boosts to defense do increase the margin for error quite a bit.

Afrocious

For most of the Data fights, I used Decisive Pumpkin.

Each fight kinda requires your own set up of abilities and items IMO. Like I'd fight Axel with the keychain from Atlantica and actually use Blizzard.

I found a good YT channel. The skateboard achievement technique is pretty useful.
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 - Synthesis Guide (Part 1): http://youtu.be/inviaYMGftQ

This is what I've been using and I think it's great. Right now I'm leveling up Final Form so I can finally continue my world tour collecting puzzle pieces.

For the Synthesis trophy, we need to make one of everything?

Bladenic

I can't tell if I like Aqua's voice or not. I think the voice suits her, but suffers from typical Willa Holland "I sound bored at everything even things that require emotion"

Afrocious

Just now noticed I unlocked Credits in the main game menu.

Wow, so we're really getting Dream Drop Distance in HD?

I can't tell if I like Aqua's voice or not. I think the voice suits her, but suffers from typical Willa Holland "I sound bored at everything even things that require emotion"

I think she sounds better later on. The beginning though? No bueno.

For most of the Data fights, I used Decisive Pumpkin.

Each fight kinda requires your own set up of abilities and items IMO. Like I'd fight Axel with the keychain from Atlantica and actually use Blizzard.

I tend to use Decisive Pumpkin for fights where I'm mostly using ground combos (Roxas, Axel when I'm looping him, Marluxia, Luxord, Saix, Lexaeus, Xemnas 1), Guardian Soul for Xaldin (for Reaction Boost), Bond of Flame for Vexen and Demyx, and Ultima Weapon for Larxene, Zexion, Xigbar, and Xemnas II, since MP Hastega comes in handy there.

Kinsei

Banned
I've finished S ranking all 3 regular missions on every route. Now I just need to finish the EX missions and get the few treasures I missed until I'm finally done with the gummi ship stuff.

Afrocious

I've finished S ranking all 3 regular missions on every route. Now I just need to finish the EX missions and get the few treasures I missed until I'm finally done with the gummi ship stuff.

S ranking on all 3 regular missions on every route? I thought you only had to do that for the final route.

Bladenic

Mirage Arena is not that bad. Proud/Critical has easy Secret Ending req. since stickers just means all the crowns in each world.
KH2 requires all the mini-games, even in Proud mode. That is lame.

Oh I thought reports meant the journal. I'll def do it regardless since I've heard good things.

I personally like her voice and think it fits her character, but I can understand some of the complaints.

peronmls

I personally like her voice and think it fits her character, but I can understand some of the complaints.

I love her voice to. I don't think she sounds bored. It's just... idk. It fits her personality because Aqua doesn't really get excited in the game as in angry, frustrated, etc. Aqua not the VA.

Oh I thought reports meant the journal. I'll def do it regardless since I've heard good things.
Yeah, you get all of them via story except one. Luckily you can save after getting the on after Mirage Aerna.
Think the boss is Iron Side II IIRC.
I'm so bad at Luxord's data battle when I have to get the 4 O's. Any tips?
Go to Mysterious Tower or the underground section of Twilight Town and there is a Nobody which mimicks Luxord's games. They spawn much munny so it is worth it for that alone. I have bad luck with dice.

Mysterious Tower is about as good as it gets, unfortunately. Nobodies in TWTNW have higher HP, and you need every second of Final Form you can get. Mysterious Tower is a little more monotonous (You'll be exiting and exiting the world quicker), but a little quicker.

This is true. However, you're just getting 30 nobodies dead if you're able to make it to the top to kill everything.

The ones in TWTNW take longer, though. Berserkers and Assassins in particular have those attacks with invincibility frames that you have to wait out, whereas Final Firaga tears through everything in Mysterious Tower. Comes down to preference, really.

Afrocious

The ones in TWTNW take longer, though. Berserkers and Assassins in particular have those attacks with invincibility frames that you have to wait out, whereas Final Firaga tears through everything in Mysterious Tower. Comes down to preference, really.

Yeah, i thought about this and I think you're right. After doing some math, I can clear out the Tower quite fast and it's 30 per run. Right now I only need to do it 4 more times. That should be easy.

Finalow

how hard is proud mode with Ven/Aqua? I might start it with them, standard mode is quite easy.

Axel's death still is really sad. It was actually sad compared to Goofy's.
The Organization XIII chairs are just silly.
but Axel (3DS game spoilers)
isn't actually dead, if I'm not mistaken? I don't remember however how he gets saved and then becomes the next keyblade master or whatever you see in the 3DS ending.

-
I can't anymore.

I've been sucked dry.

T__T
damn, you sure love to get platinums.

you can't give up when you need just one trophy, come on.

Bladenic

Yeah, you get all of them via story except one. Luckily you can save after getting the on after Mirage Aerna.
Think the boss is Iron Side II IIRC.

Go to Mysterious Tower or the underground section of Twilight Town and there is a Nobody which mimicks Luxord's games. They spawn much munny so it is worth it for that alone. I have bad luck with dice.

Yeah I already got that one with Terra. Yay.

Finalow

Nobodies die, but when one's nobody and heartless are destroyed, both return to being within the original human.
oh, right. did they ever show his heartless being destroyed?

I assume that
in the 3DS game you see his 'original one' magically becoming the next keyblade master.

I've played all the games in this collection, but have no idea about much of what is said in this OT in terms of secret bosses and moves.

I guess I don't pay attention...

Luigi87

oh, right. did they ever show his heartless being destroyed?

I assume that
in the 3DS game you see his 'original one' magically becoming the next keyblade master.

Aside from Xehanort's Heartless, all other Heartless are just generic creations, be they pure-blood or symbol, so it's assumed you probably destroyed their Heartlesses at some point.
IE:
What happened to Sora in the first game

Finalow

so you can't use the XP walker 'exploit' anymore, the character just stops walking after 2 minutes or so even if it should not stop. rip

Holmes

lol, I beat Twilight Thorn in my Critical playthrough after the second round of reaction commands. It fell down face first, and then died. And then there was that slow-motion close up of Roxas... laying down on the ground. It was funny.

Falk

that puzzling face
so you can't use the XP walker 'exploit' anymore, the character just stops walking after 2 minutes or so even if it should not stop. rip

I... uh.

used a couple of rubber bands, then attached left stick loosely to rotating heater so that it would nudge the stick every 20 seconds or so. A little more crude than a drinking bird but it worked.

Except I came back 5 hours later and gained all of one level so I said "screw this shit" and grinded Terra to 99 manually.

Then I felt stupid because when Terra hit 99 and no trophy popped I realized there was no max level trophy in BBS (WHAT A SURPRISE HURR)

Finalow

I... uh.

used a couple of rubber bands, then attached left stick loosely to rotating heater so that it would nudge the stick every 20 seconds or so. A little more crude than a drinking bird but it worked.

Except I came back 5 hours later and gained all of one level so I said "screw this shit" and grinded Terra to 99 manually.

Then I felt stupid because when Terra hit 99 and no trophy popped I realized there was no max level trophy in BBS (WHAT A SURPRISE HURR)
lol.

after 40+ it's pretty useless, or rather, it takes too much time.

one thing that works well without all of that stuff is going to Neverland and stay on that jumping thing, one jump = one step = 1 exp = 2 seconds. much slower than walking but at least the character doesn't stop. (seriously why would they fix that? What the fuck)

Luigi87

Finally finished the story at level 1!
Woo!
... Just want to do the Absent Silhouettes, then move onto BbSFM for the time being.

artsi

I'm playing critical mode for the first time and I feel like I walked into Dark Souls x Kingdom Hearts. I've died so many times.

Afrocious

I'm playing critical mode for the first time and I feel like I walked into Dark Souls x Kingdom Hearts. I've died so many times.

Welcome.
LgVxM99.gif

aravuus

I kind of want to give critical a try for shits and giggles

I dunno, maybe I should. I suddenly lost interest in doing a chronological series playthrough I was planning, finished BBS and got midway through KH1. Probably wouldn't even play CoM, Days or DDD anyway so whatever.

e: fuck it. i'll start a critical playthrough right now. gonna keep a death counter.

I kind of want to give critical a try for shits and giggles

I dunno, maybe I should. I suddenly lost interest in doing a chronological series playthrough I was planning, finished BBS and got midway through KH1. Probably wouldn't even play CoM, Days or DDD anyway so whatever.

e: fuck it. i'll start a critical playthrough right now. gonna keep a death counter.

I too went with critical and feel like everyone here is right. It is the best way to play KH2, it not cheap or unfair at all. I was dreading the Xaldin battle and I was at the level suggested and it only took me a couple times to beat him.

aravuus

I too went with critical and feel like everyone here is right. It is the best way to play KH2, it not cheap or unfair at all. I was dreading the Xaldin battle and I was at the level suggested and it only took me a couple times to beat him.

Xaldin is the one storyline boss I'm also dreading, after all these playthroughs he still gives me a hard time even on the lower difficulties. What's the suggested level for that battle?

e: actually, what i want to ask is, how should i prepare for critical and are there any specific things i should keep in mind? obviously at the very least i need to learn how to block and use reflect, two things i've very rarely done in any kh game

Man, I'm kinda rusty. Level 66 on Critical difficulty and I totally forgot how to block/evade Sephiroth's normal ground combo in his first stage.

Lightning

Banned
Xaldin is the one storyline boss I'm also dreading, after all these playthroughs he still gives me a hard time even on the lower difficulties. What's the suggested level for that battle?

e: actually, what i want to ask is, how should i prepare for critical and are there any specific things i should keep in mind? obviously at the very least i need to learn how to block and use reflect, two things i've very rarely done in any kh game
For Xaldin level 35 is fine. Boost defence as much as possible and use reaction command learn to damage him. Xaldin is a strategy fight but not a necessarily hard one. When you get him into his last 2 bars you should store your learns to 9 before attacking him as you'd want to finish the fight in that instance. At low health he becomes hard, you need to finish him quickly at that point.

The Lamp

What is this "it's not cheap or unfair at all" stuff?

I died several times on that first giant nobody fight simply because I have to spam triangle to avoid the hits from the smaller nobodies and those stringy nobody beams. If I let go of triangle to land a hit, the chance is very likely that I will be hit during my attack and lose most of my health. I can handle 2-3 hits before dying, and I don't have block yet.

Of course the game gives you more options in combat later, but at that point I was pretty frustrated. Finally beat it when I leveled up some.

MrMatt555

Oh man what a treat this game is. I always wanted to play KH2FM+ as a kid and yet here i am, almost 10 years later. One thing i do find cool is the ability to finally fight off againast each of the Organization XIII. I'm only level 21 right now though and have gotten my ass handed to me on many occasions via critical mode attempts at a few different members of the Organization. Still, I can't stop playing this simple and clean sanctuary.
Yes I know, the pun is bad. But hey! I love me some Kingdom Hearts! :p

Top Bottom