• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Where is the best place to level up in KH2? I can't remember shit from my original experience with the game. :lol I'm at the Brink of Despair and would rather start getting other shit done before proceeding to the Org's Death Star.
Honestly the best place to level is TWTNW castle. Equip Gull Wing Keyblade (if you don't have it yet you get it from Hollow Bastion Postern) and experience boost ability, disable all healing abilities from allies and get yourself to critical condition. Then just go back and forth killing nobodied in the castle.

Holmes

Holy crap, the donut gummi ship really makes mission trivial. Wow. And I'm not even fully decked up with abilities and stronger weapons because I'm just starting off.

Lightning

Banned
Where is the best place to level up in KH2? I can't remember shit from my original experience with the game. :lol I'm at the Brink of Despair and would rather start getting other shit done before proceeding to the Org's Death Star.
Have you done all your item farming and gotten the ingredients for lucky rings yet? I leveled naturally as I gathered all the items I needed to make me powerful. You shouldn't really need to just focus level unless you want the level 99 trophy straight away.

You know the room
with all the tombstones in TWTNW
just before the end of the game? There are 4 rooms connected to it, full of nobodies. You can cycle around those without having to walk too far or leaving the world.

Afrocious

Have you done all your item farming and gotten the ingredients for lucky rings yet? I leveled naturally as I gathered all the items I needed to make me powerful. You shouldn't really need to just focus level unless you want the level 99 trophy straight away.

This is what I'm doing and it's working great. You don't need to be level 99 to take out bosses and such. I managed to get through the Cave of Remembrance at around <60.

Ultimadrago

Super Scrub here again:

To unlock items to synthesize you need to complete lists much like KH1, right?

Edit: oooh, so you synthesize items for experience to gain rank to make better items that require it. I see. That makes the list availability story-based I suppose.

Are any of the OP avatars still up for grabs? I just joined GAF this week and I'm in need of something to pimp my profile.

Grabbing the Xemnas one and hoping I don't run into my doppelganger somewhere. I'll try my best to be civil if I do run into you somewhere, heh.

On the topic of the game itself, did anyone try same thing I did and played all 3 BBS stories simultaneously? I did that the first time I went through the game on PSP, and it was pretty fun trying to piece together how each world's story connected between the 3.

I haven't started on BBSFM, but I'll probably do it the "proper" way this time.

So now the Twilight Town Mysterious Tower run for Final Form is taking forever. Anyone have any better routes to run for Final Form leveling?

That always boiled down to luck for me.

Twilight town last visit before TWTNW
Go to computer room
Go out the left door and make your way to the white room on the other side
Equipping oathkeeper, form boosts and mp related abilities help (fire boost etc)
Spam firaga and defeat all the enemies along the path (be the judge of when you should get to the save point)

Holmes

I just need two Graviga blocks, a bunch of neon bars, and Medal Converter and Draw, and I think my ship should be good.

Carbonox

I haven't yet but I guess that makes the most sense rather than focusing purely on leveling up. Will need to research more in to where and what to obtain then so I can focus on the farming instead.

Holmes

How come I only have 95% of treasures from a Gummi ship mission, even if I got all the ones from defeating enemies and achieved S rank?

Holmes

Lucky Rings: I was fine with just 4 of them, all on Sora. Of course I had to abilities equipped on all my characters too. Items dropped very frequently. But if you have spare Manifest Illusions lying around, go ahead and synth more.

Did you do the EX mission?
Oh, that gives treasure too? I was gonna wait to do all of those last.

Kinsei

Banned
After spending 30 minutes replaying Phantom Storm mission 3 over and over again looking for the treasure I was missing I said screw it and just did the bare minimum for the top gun trophy.It's not like the reward for getting 100% treasure in every mission on every route is any good anyways.

Afrocious

I'm confused about the order in which I should do things in KH2FM endgame for the platinum.

Getting these Lucky Rings require me to farm Terra, right? If so, how am I supposed to do that when I'm only level 60ish without the Ultima Keyblade?

Can someone advise me here? Bizkit's vids are cool, but they don't address the logical order of doing things. Thankfully I'm done with all Gummi stuff, but everything else is up in the air. I just now made it to the Data Org fights.

I need to fulfill everything in the journal. That means I gotta synth everything and collect a certain amount of mats so they'll be sold by Moogles. I'm about halfway done with this. This is why I asked if I really needed to have 8 Lucky Rings because again, that requires me to farm Terra.

Ugh I'm confused.

Seda

I'm confused about the order in which I should do things in KH2FM endgame for the platinum.

Getting these Lucky Rings require me to farm Terra, right? If so, how am I supposed to do that when I'm only level 60ish without the Ultima Keyblade?

Can someone advise me here? Bizkit's vids are cool, but they don't address the logical order of doing things. Thankfully I'm done with all Gummi stuff, but everything else is up in the air. I just now made it to the Data Org fights.

I need to fulfill everything in the journal. That means I gotta synth everything and collect a certain amount of mats so they'll be sold by Moogles. I'm about halfway done with this. This is why I asked if I really needed to have 8 Lucky Rings because again, that requires me to farm Terra.

Ugh I'm confused.

Lucky Rings don't require you to farm Terra. I honestly don't remember what they needed, but I was able to get nine before most of the post-game. I think the most difficult component to get was Remembrance Crystals which are gotten from those red turret heartless things in the Remembrance Cave.

EDIT: The first thing you should do is get puzzle pieces, because I believe the Lucky Ring recipe is one of those rewards.

Kinsei

Banned

Ugh I'm confused.

The ultima weapon is really just for show in this game. The only post game boss it's really good against IMO is the second form of Data Xemnas. It's up to you what to do next, but I'd do the bosses now.

Lucky Rings don't require you to farm Terra. I honestly don't remember what they needed, but I was able to get nine before most of the post-game. I think the most difficult component to get was Remembrance Crystals which are gotten from those red turret heartless things in the Remembrance Cave.

EDIT: The first thing you should do is get puzzle pieces, because I believe the Lucky Ring recipe is one of those rewards.

You don't need to farm Ligering Will, but it's a whole lot faster than gathering all the synth materials you need to create a manifest illusion.

Chilikar

I don't think anyone has encountered the texture bug that was quite common in the jpn version.

Was there a bug in the JPN version where you couldn't access a reaction command on the very last fight? I had a LOT of trouble with that fight because I wasn't able to dodge the vines, so I don't think that was fixed

Afrocious

I already have three Lucky Rings. I guess I should make more, but still, I'm only level 60 :/

Haven't even made Ultima Weapon, but if it's not as handy as other blades, then I guess I can wait on that.

I did beat Sephiroth and got Fenrir.

All that's left is to:

1) Beat Terra
2) Do all the data fights
3) Mushroom XIII
4) Synthesize everything?
5) Finish all the missions. I've done half so far.

I know I have free roam to tackle any of these in whatever order, but I don't know where to begin lol. I've gotten all the puzzle pieces and treasure chests in the game. I still need to do the Olympia Coliseum.

Caladrius

Hit a brick wall with Vexen in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (Hence why I haven't written the next part of my guide yet). He's the only one I have a hard time really understanding how to beat. Like, I know his attack patterns and how to counter his individual attacks just fine, but countering his various threats in combination and the overall flow of the battle and strategy behind it has eluded me.

---

Aqua's story on Critical is halfway done.

Things got a lot easier when I took advantage of Barrier Surge to reach the Fission Firaga chest in Dwarf Woodlands's Castle Courtyard.

Game is saying I've clocked in a bit under four hours, which I'm still convinced is dog-poopie.

Just got Ultima Weapon
Really easy in this game tbh

It's quite appreciated after the tooth-pulling you have to do in KHFM.

Lightning

Banned
I synthesized my Manifest Illusions. They don't take that long, only the remembrance crystal is out of the way. Other than that, quite easy to Synth and my preferred method.

Lightning

Banned
Tell me what you do!

Tranquility Crystal - Either Halloween town Mushroom and summon stitch and reflect. About 65-70 reflects always nets you one. This is very easy. Stay in the middle of the room and reflect his attacks, quick and easy.

Other option is Land of Dragons where you fought Shan Yu. Use Wisdom form here and do circles and kill as many mushrooms without getting hit. Also quite easy by I prefer Halloween town.

Remembrance Crystal - Conveyer Belt room in Cave of Remembrance. Fight the Devastor like enemies and they drop them. Again, not that hard.

Bright Crystal x10 - EASY. Neoshadows, Air Pirates etc all drop this item. You should have plenty already just by playing. If not, farming very easy since you need to fight Neoshadows and Air Pirates anyway for Lucid Crystals and Dark Crystals respectively.

Using Energy Gem halves the need for Bright Crystal and Level 9 moogle halves it again making you only need 3 for a Manifest Illusuion!

Serenity Gem. Various enemies drop this in Cave of Remembrance or Bulky Vendor trick for infinite Serenity Gems.

You get 3 Manifest Illusions from the Cave of Remembrance anyway. Another one from the Synth shop for getting all S rank items and since the Remembrance items are the last ones you get you will get one.

It's very easy. Fuck fighting Lingering Will until I'm ready for him.

Tranquility Crystal - Either Halloween town Mushroom and summon stitch and reflect. About 65-70 reflects always nets you one. This is very easy. Stay in the middle of the room and reflect his attacks, quick and easy.

Other option is Land of Dragons where you fought Shan Yu. Use Wisdom form here and do circles and kill as many mushrooms without getting hit. Also quite easy by I prefer Halloween town.

Remembrance Crystal - Conveyer Belt room in Cave of Remembrance. Fight the Devastor like enemies and they drop them. Again, not that hard.

Bright Crystal x10 - EASY. Neoshadows, Air Pirates etc all drop this item. You should have plenty already just by playing. If not, farming very easy since you need to fight Neoshadows and Air Pirates anyway for Lucid Crystals and Dark Crystals respectively.

Using Energy Gem halves the need for Bright Crystal and Level 9 moogle halves it again making you only need 3 for a Manifest Illusuion!

Serenity Gem. Various enemies drop this in Cave of Remembrance or Bulky Vendor trick for infinite Serenity Gems.

You get 3 Manifest Illusions from the Cave of Remembrance anyway. Another one from the Synth shop for getting all S rank items and since the Remembrance items are the last ones you get you will get one.

It's very easy. Fuck fighting Lingering Will until I'm ready for him.

What's the Bulky Vendor trick?

Bladenic

Honestly the best place to level is TWTNW castle. Equip Gull Wing Keyblade (if you don't have it yet you get it from Hollow Bastion Postern) and experience boost ability, disable all healing abilities from allies and get yourself to critical condition. Then just go back and forth killing nobodied in the castle.

You don't have to be critical. Under 50% is enough for both to trigger, I tried it.

Falk

that puzzling face
You don't have to be critical. Under 50% is enough for both to trigger, I tried it.

You're not going to get neighbors coming over thinking your carbon monoxide alarm is sounding at simply under 50%

It's a crucial part of the experience.

Top Bottom