• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Everytime I do the Vexen fight I go into antiform when trying to go into the wisdom form. I even went out to try to anti form to reset it and I still went anti form. WTF

Lightning

Banned
Wow. That vendor loop is so good. Also had no idea how easy it is to farm the Halloween town mushroom.

How do I get the recipe to make manifest illusions for lucky rings?
Upgrade your moogle to level 8. That allows you to make serenity crystals, upgraded serenity crystals is a manifest illusion.

Ok, so the brightness seems to change during play - I noticed it during KH2 but just ignored it since it wasn't as obvious. However, in BBS I can see the change when I go into the menu->Stats and changing between basic stats and command styles....Anybody know what's causing this?I can't find any settings that are on which could be causing this. My TV is a Samsung UE32H5000 , which I bought about a week ago ...

RPGCrazied

Ok, so the brightness seems to change during play - I noticed it during KH2 but just ignored it since it wasn't as obvious. However, in BBS I can see the change when I go into the menu->Stats and changing between basic stats and command styles....Anybody know what's causing this? My TV is a Samsung UE32H5000 , which I bought about a week ago ...

Lets just say they didn't spend a lot of time on the BBS port like they did for KH 2. Seems like it anyway.

Lightning

Banned
That last puzzle is absurd to put together. It just took me over 2 hours to put the pieces in their correct place. Fuck that shit.

Awesome reward though.

Psxphile

You get the Rare Recipe for completing one of the Puzzles in the Journal. I think it's 'Duality'. You use that to make a Draw Ring, and then you remake Draw Ring but with a Serenity material to get a Lucky Ring instead.

Everytime I do the Vexen fight I go into antiform when trying to go into the wisdom form. I even went out to try to anti form to reset it and I still went anti form. WTF
Outside of battle too? That doesn't make sense. Anyways, do you have the Two Become One keyblade equipped? That makes you turn into Anti every time. Final Form is supposed to reset/lower the counter, do you have it yet?

Ok, so the brightness seems to change during play - I noticed it during KH2 but just ignored it since it wasn't as obvious. However, in BBS I can see the change when I go into the menu->Stats and changing between basic stats and command styles....Anybody know what's causing this? My TV is a Samsung UE32H5000 , which I bought about a week ago ...

Sounds like some kind of dynamic contrast is being triggered. A lot of TVs have them and they lower and raise the contrast depending on what's on screen. It's probably on by default, you'll have to go into the tv settings to manually switch it off. I don't know much about it other than that.

Outside of battle too? That doesn't make sense. Anyways, do you have the Two Become One keyblade equipped? That makes you turn into Anti every time. Final Form is supposed to reset/lower the counter, do you have it yet?

I even went outside and did wisdom form and it went through. Then did it again until I got anti form then went back into the battle and still got anti-form. I'm level 39 and just completed Agrabah the second time which is where I did it on the original final mix.

edit: It doesn't matter now I beat it with the normal firaga spam method. Just wanted to do it faster.

Lightning

Banned
Going into form during the organization battle gives you 4x the chance of getting anti form. If you don't have final form to lower the count I highly advise against going into form against the organization members especially if you've entered into form multiple times to level them.

Psxphile

I even went outside and did wisdom form and it went through. Then did it again until I got anti form then went back into the battle and still got anti-form. I'm level 39 and just completed Agrabah the second time which is where I did it on the original final mix

Oh, I see. I thought you were doing the Data fights. Looks like you're not as far along as I initially thought. Vexen is an Org fight, and that means you've a good chance of getting Anti form when you drive in-battle. And although going Anti is supposed to drop the counter a bit, the Anti points gained from driving in an Org battle pretty much negates that.

You either need to make story progress and gain a new form to reset the counter to zero or wait until you unlock Final Form to drop the counter whenever you please. Until then, you're at the mercy of the RNG. Basically, if you can't beat Vexen without changing forms you might want to put it off for now.

EDIT: Oh, the second time. Right... now more new Drive Forms until Final. Sorry, my mistake.

Afrocious

I guess while I'm synth farming, I can knock two birds out by cutting my hp in half for the exp bonus. The ability along with the gullwing keyblade might be a good idea. I also have two form boosts so oathkeeper isn't necessary.

Finalow

That should be good for everything except Armor of the Master and No Heart. Those two will probably tear you a new one at that level, but you'll probably get a few levels doing the arena stuff so it's a non issue.
nice. how about those 2 moves? I still have no idea if I'm making things worse by using that +10 -2 terra's keyblade.

maybe thunder surge is not considered magical since it technically isn't a magic? And maybe shotlocks just have a fixed damage, I don't know.
right now I'm using Lightning Ray and it's pretty broken.

Lets just say they didn't spend a lot of time on the BBS port like they did for KH 2. Seems like it anyway.
It happened on kh2 as well...

Sounds like some kind of dynamic contrast is being triggered. A lot of TVs have them and they lower and raise the contrast depending on what's on screen. It's probably on by default, you'll have to go into the tv settings to manually switch it off. I don't know much about it other than that.
I thought it was that as well, but it didn't affect it...

I've been playing KH2 for the first time since I was like 13 and I feel so left out with you guys talking all about secret/extra bosses and critical mode and whatnot lol. I'm playing on normal and still feel like I suck.

so far everything has been fantastic... except the implementation of the disney worlds in comparison to HK1. levels like the Mulan one and Port Royal are just bad, like really crappy movie summaries.

Kinsei

Banned
Trying to do the transport to remembrance fights on critical mode without second chance is hell. Everything except the dusks, creepers, and sorcerers kill me in one hit.

nice. how about those 2 moves? I still have no idea if I'm making things worse by using that +10 -2 terra's keyblade.

maybe thunder surge is not considered magical since it technically isn't a magic? And maybe shotlocks just have a fixed damage, I don't know.
right now I'm using Lightning Ray and it's pretty broken.

I'm pretty sure thunder surge is physical.

Kain

When you know what you are doing when melding commands even Ven becomes a beast. I remember having a really hard time with Terra the first time I played the game because I didn't understand the mechanics and had lousy commands, then when I arrived at Aqua I was casting Megaflares and shit and wrecking all things in my way.

Well, know with Ven (I chose him first) I'm doing the same, so when I get to Terra again things will change from my first playthrough alright.

The only complaint I have with the combat system is that sometimes it feels too automatic. Like you press two buttons and then cool shit happens. It's great but, well, it's not very... ¿fair?

The only complaint I have with the combat system is that sometimes it feels too automatic. Like you press two buttons and then cool shit happens. It's great but, well, it's not very... ¿fair?
I have to agree a bit with that. I really like how each command has a charge instead of using an MP system though.
If they can meld KH2 and BBS combat, then KH3 will be amazing.

Man the Sweet Memories Keyblade + 4 Gamblers in Mysterious Tower is legit for Master. Took only 2 runs.
Now only Limit and Final Drives left...

pixxxelz

Well I put it off now for two of the most gruesome parts of the game. Atlantis and 100 acre woods
I completed both of these back in the ps2 era because I wanted that ultima, but I don't think I'm gonna bother with those worlds this time, Ultima is just slightly better than oblivion (iirc) anyways

Bladenic

Well I put it off now for two of the most gruesome parts of the game. Atlantis and 100 acre woods

*Atlantica

I completed both of these back in the ps2 era because I wanted that ultima, but I don't think I'm gonna bother with those worlds this time, Ultima is just slightly better than oblivion (iirc) anyways

that's moronic, considering you miss out on Blizzaga and more importantly CURAGA only to save like 10 minutes off your game time if you skip cutscenes.

Tirod

Holy shit I just beat AS Larxene on my third try on Critical. Let out such an audible cheer when I won lol!

Is she even possible to beat without Reflect?

Should add that I was LV 32 when I beat her. Running a search on Youtube shows a fight Bizkit did w/o Reflect and a bunch of other self inflicted challenges. I'm envious of anyone who beats her w/o that spell.

pixxxelz

that's moronic, considering you miss out on Blizzaga and more importantly CURAGA only to save like 10 minutes off your game time if you skip cutscenes.
Woah, what i can live without blizzaga but miss curaga! No way I didn't know you have to complete those worlds tho get those spells I haven't played this game in years. (And just started this yesterday) whelp rithm games aren't as bad anyways right?...

SunGod

Screencapped from the European PlayStation website, b/c for the longest time the US website wouldn't update trophies properly. It might now, I dunno, I still use the European one out of habit.

As a European I'll try that then :) thanks!

RPGCrazied

The music is amazing in BBS. The arena is fun, but wish it kept the online element in. Though it already has framerate issues, I guess online would probably kill it. Just got to Radiant Garden with Terra!

Gosh damn the command board is addicting and some games take a long time to finish.

Holmes

Yes! I'm done all gummi-related trophies. All in all, it was much more fun than the first game's, and easier too. And much shorter. Hunter-X actually killed me once, but I had Auto-Life. Mwaha.

Bladenic

I think I was really stupid when I played BBS for the first time back in 2010. Game is super easy. Seriously, between command melding (which encourages grinding), D-links, and shot locks, it's mostly impossible to lose playing through the story. I kinda think KH2 is actually harder considering MP takes far longer to recharge usually than any command ability, and it has more stumbling block bosses Imo. This is on higher difficulties of course.

Lightning

Banned
I think I was really stupid when I played BBS for the first time back in 2010. Game is super easy. Seriously, between command melding (which encourages grinding), D-links, and shot locks, it's mostly impossible to lose playing through the story. I kinda think KH2 is actually harder considering MP takes far longer to recharge usually than any command ability, and it has more stumbling block bosses Imo. This is on higher difficulties of course.
KH2FM is much harder than KH1FM or BBS for me. The game was bloody hard, been a long time since I needed that many continues to finish a game.

Afrocious

I felt BBS on critical was difficult back in 2010, but then again, I tried doing it at level 1. I heard later on that the No Experience ability was kinda broken in the game.

I also felt 3D was hard.

Caladrius

Aqua's story is done and I finished off Dwarf Woodlands as Ven. I'll probably be done with all the campaigns by Wednesday.

...Then comes the ability grind.

What's with BBS having X to save/open chests? I keep hitting triangle

Somebody on the design team really hated items and wanted you to waste as many potions as possible.

(They did it to keep you from accidentally opening a chest when you want to use a healing command instead)

RPGCrazied

Were there framerate issues on the PSP version of BBS? Never played it on the portable before. I will say its smoother, if only a little bit playing at 720p than 1080p.

I think I'm halfway through the game now, 18 hour level 28 and just found
ansem's computer and got arrested.
I've only played the first KH and this on normal mode but this game seems much easier than the first. I died on quiet a few fights in the first KH but I've yet to die in this. =] Can't wait to plat both games finally.

Top Bottom