• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
Were there framerate issues on the PSP version of BBS? Never played it on the portable before. I will say its smoother, if only a little bit playing at 720p than 1080p.

Only had significant framerate issues with the giant school of jellyfish. 1080p.

edit: And the Secret Episode's boss for some reason made the game drop to 10fps.

RPGCrazied

Only had significant framerate issues with the giant school of jellyfish. 1080p.

edit: And the Secret Episode's boss for some reason made the game drop to 10fps.

Weird, might be my TV then. Cause as I have said even the world map fault choppy at 1080p, but felt smooth at 720p. Even on the command board when you call your ship to move to a another place was choppy at 1080 but not 720. Someone else in this thread had the same issues, so its not just me.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just more evidence that KH needs a PC version.

in before similar complaints as FFXIII performance issues on Steam

RPGCrazied

Just more evidence that KH needs a PC version.

in before similar complaints as FFXIII performance issues on Steam

Or just more time in the oven? :p If they got KH2FM smooth on PS3, they surely could have got BBS smooth at 1080p too.

botty

Banned
The hardest mushroom for me was the one where you have to chase after the orbs. Otherwise all of them are very easy.

Falk

that puzzling face
The hardest mushroom for me was the one where you have to chase after the orbs. Otherwise all of them are very easy.

Huh, you just stack up on every Draw you can and then wisdom form back and forth.

ed: Treasure Magnet I mean

Bladenic

Woah, what i can live without blizzaga but miss curaga! No way I didn't know you have to complete those worlds tho get those spells I haven't played this game in years. (And just started this yesterday) whelp rithm games aren't as bad anyways right?...

Well Curaga is gotten from Pooh world, and the minigames there are far shorter and easier than in KH1. You can still skip Atlantica if you don't want Blizzaga and a Orichalcum+

Caladrius

Hundred Acre Wood in 2 is definitely an improvement. The minigames are easy to play and easy to clear for the mandatory goals.

Atlantica is only tolerable for me if I mute the game. >__>

I had a nasty framerate drop early in Terra's story, but otherwise my experience has been the same.

The game seems to have an easier time with environments, but enemies are still a problem for it.

I found that one of the easiest ones, so long as you had at least two draw rings and the Keyblade with Draw. The hardest part is learning the rhythm for when the mushroom speeds up and when to start gliding after it.

Wonder when DDD HD is getting announced. You know its coming!

It would be nice if they removed all the dreameater stuff, but I know that isn't happening. I don't really like the pokemon aspect to that game and it's one of the reasons I haven't replayed it yet. I'd definitely buy the HD version, though. I'm curious if they would release it on the PS3 next year or just port it (and everything else) to PS4.

RPGCrazied

It would be nice if they removed all the dreameater stuff, but I know that isn't happening. I don't really like the pokemon aspect to that game and it's one of the reasons I haven't replayed it yet. I'd definitely buy the HD version, though. I'm curious if they would release it on the PS3 next year or just port it (and everything else) to PS4.

PS3/4 would be my bet. Now that FF X | X-2 HD is coming to PS4, its pretty positive to say the ReMix collections will come for it too. That way you can play all the games on both systems. Win/win for everyone.

PS3/4 would be my bet. Now that FF X | X-2 HD is coming to PS4, its pretty positive to say the ReMix collections will come for it too. That way you can play all the games on both systems. Win/win for everyone.

Personally, I'm hoping for one collection including all the games/movies instead of making people rebuy them separately again. I'd only rebuy if they were 60fps, though.

Personally, I'm hoping for one collection including all the games/movies instead of making people rebuy them separately again. I'd only rebuy if they were 60fps, though.

All of the collection games + DDD HD is the only way I see them justifying the inevitable $59.99 price tag.

All things considered though, that's a pretty good value. I'd definitely double dip for 60fps and streaming purposes.

All of the collection games + DDD HD is the only way I see them justifying the inevitable $59.99 price tag.

All things considered though, that's a pretty good value. I'd definitely double dip for 60fps and streaming purposes.

I'd agree it would be a good value. But this is SE, so I suspect they would do a collection of all the games in 1.5/2.5 for $60, then release DDD HD separately for $40 more. lol

RPGCrazied

I'd agree it would be a good value. But this is SE, so I suspect they would do a collection of all the games in 1.5/2.5 for $60, then release DDD HD separately for $40 more. lol

You think it will miss the PS3? That would be odd to have all the games but the last one not make it, only to show up just on PS4. lol

You think it will miss the PS3? That would be odd to have all the games but the last one not make it, only to show up just on PS4. lol

Oh, I mean DDD HD would show up on PS3 and PS4, but as separate releases from a full collection on the PS4 (if they even do that). I wouldn't be surprised if SE re-released 1.5 and 2.5 separately again on the PS4 instead of combining them. Just seems like something they would do.

Jigolo

It's weird that a PSP game has the best combat of all the games so far. It's like they realized that triangle should be used for more than just opening chests. This game is absolutely a blast to play.

Luigi87

"He said to-.... He said to take two grown-ups..."
I forgot how spot on Jesse McCarthy's delivery of that line is, lol. I love it.

iosefe

It's weird that a PSP game has the best combat of all the games so far. It's like they realized that triangle should be used for more than just opening chests. This game is absolutely a blast to play.

get yourself a DS4. it would feel so much better

The awesomeness of Bambi from the first game and Stitch from KH2FM should not be overlooked.

I didn't really see the usefulness in Bambi. I never had that much of a problem keeping MP. I don't know about the Final Mix version of Stitch, but the II version was just about as useful as all the other ones in II.

iosefe

Is there still a deadzone with the DS4 as there was in KH1 & 2? That's the reason I switched to the DS3

only in KH2. what i played of BBS ( the intro) was flawless, except for the default inverted camera >_<

trigger scrolling is a godsend

Ultimadrago

The awesomeness of Bambi from the first game and Stitch from KH2FM should not be overlooked.

Bambi turned GOAT on me in KH1.5 HD. I never knew his usefulness when playing the original, but my eyes were opened in the HD version earlier this year.

Same went for Stitch in my first KH2 playthrough, so I'm looking forward to understanding the beastly potential this time around.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just got to the point of no return in KHII. I naturally checked Kairi's panties and was surprised to see that her entire pelvis has been removed. Doesn't affect anything but I'm kind of upset on principle now. Fuck censorship. At least everything else (I think) is uncensored now, unlike the original Western release.

I even went outside and did wisdom form and it went through. Then did it again until I got anti form then went back into the battle and still got anti-form. I'm level 39 and just completed Agrabah the second time which is where I did it on the original final mix.

edit: It doesn't matter now I beat it with the normal firaga spam method. Just wanted to do it faster.

The organisation fights have a higher anti-form counter

Afrocious

Wow. Synthing is coming naturally. I managed to make the ultima weapon without even trying and now I'm on the way to having enough lucky rings to finish this shit up.

Just got to the point of no return in KHII. I naturally checked Kairi's panties and was surprised to see that her entire pelvis has been removed. Doesn't affect anything but I'm kind of upset on principle now. Fuck censorship. At least everything else (I think) is uncensored now, unlike the original Western release.

I did the same thing too.

I don't know how I feel about this.

Falk

that puzzling face

removing panties is censorship

man kh is complex

Luigi87

That is incorrect.
This version is still the censored version. Only Japan has the uncensored stuff such as Xigbar's crosshairs.

Lightning

Banned
I didn't really see the usefulness in Bambi. I never had that much of a problem keeping MP. I don't know about the Final Mix version of Stitch, but the II version was just about as useful as all the other ones in II.
You didn't see the usefulness of Bambi? Lol you missed out. Bambi is an excellent supply of Mythril items needed to make Dark Matter for your power ups in that game. You see for every 18 enemies you kill while Bambi is out Bambi has a chance of a Mythril and is also a quick, very quick, way from going from very little MP to full MP. Bambi was awesome in KH1, I used Bambi much more than I used tinker bell. Tinker bells healing was useful but given how the MP worked in that game and the lack of dangerous enemies or bosses Tink was restricted to being useful for only like 3 battles.

Bambi was the key summon for me boosting my power to insane levels in KH1. Not that you need to with the game not being that difficult.

Bambi turned GOAT on me in KH1.5 HD. I never knew his usefulness when playing the original, but my eyes were opened in the HD version earlier this year.

Same went for Stitch in my first KH2 playthrough, so I'm looking forward to understanding the beastly potential this time around.
I'm referring to the final mix versions of the games. Bambi was great, so unbelievably useful. Bambi allowed you to just stand from afar and blast enemies over and over again with Thundaga and Firaga without ever running out of MP and provide you with crucial items for defeating enough enemies. Just awesome.

iosefe

Kurt Zisa is the only reason I used Mushu.

On that note, did anyone find Simba or Genie useful in KH1(FM)?

use both of them to cheese Dragon Maleficent. beaten in under 3 minutes

*Clarification: Use stop, and spam Gravira/ga, whichever you have at that point. you should have just enough MP left to hop onto the low vines, just out of reach of the floor fire, and cast Simba. do the charge up asap as much as possible. once thats done, pop and Ether, make sure the duo are alive step into the area and finish off with Genie. if that isn't enough, you can do the stop combo again

z6HouTH.jpg

2 down, 2 to go. I was originally supposed to plat Re:CoM before 2.5 came out but my year+ project is going pretty slow :lol. If BBS is as tedious as people here say that will prolly be another looooong term project. Maybe I'll get to it before DDD HD comes out ;).

I had a lot of fun platting 1 and 2 tho. Next up normal playtrough of BBS without worrying about the trophies too much.

^^I liked Genie in KH1. Tho the more I play KH2 I have to eat some serious crow when it comes to summons. Especially Stich and Genie are very powerful as long as you level that summon gauge (and in KH2FM it's ridicilously easy once you hit Agrabah. Even Chicken Little that I always thought as the worst summon in the series ain't that bad. I made the mistake of always going straight for the FPS limit which isn't very good. CL is much better when you let him stun and pull enemies while you do the damage. Honestly Summons wreck Drive forms in KH2 exept for Final because of the ridicilous defensive bonuses. Drives are just more fun to use.

You I've always wondered what was up with (spoilers)
that kinda of asshole moment with Kairi. Saying "Sora is hopeless with out us".
I was like what's up with that.

Top Bottom