• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

RPGCrazied

K, I'm level 17 is that to low for him? Course my deck is probably lame, keep in mind I never played it on PSP and I'm playing on Proud.

I never got to experience this bug with the Xemnas fight because I had left Riku's auto-limit on and I guess that pretty much saved me from getting worked over. Can't imagine what a pain the Data fight will be.

Though I seem to recall that it didn't work quite that well on the PS2, either. You could be spamming △ like crazy and still get smacked, especially the first instance.

It's pretty bad oversight but indeed it can be countered by just using a limit.

K, I'm level 17 is that to low for him? Course my deck is probably lame, keep in mind I never played it on PSP and I'm playing on Proud.

I beat him on critical and I didn't play the original either. You can block most of his shots which reflect stuff back at him - not just the ones where he's high up. I died a couple of times before figuring this out.

Edit- Also, since its a new page:
What's the combat level bug? Also, you dont have to play on crit to plat :O? [/SPOILER].

Holmes

Congrats on the plats, Falk and keisuke. :D

I was planning on doing BbS after KH2, but now I'm afraid of burning out before conpleting BbS. So I think I'll play Ni no Kuni or something in between.

RPGCrazied

I beat him on critical and I didn't play the original either. You can block most of his shots which reflect stuff back at him - not just the ones where he's high up. I died a couple of times before figuring this out.

Edit- Also, since its a new page:

Oh, I didn't know you could reflect his attacks back at him, cool. Will try that. Even when he is searching for you in his cross hairs?

There's basically no way I'm going to do the BBS optional bosses on Critical, so is it smarter to:

-beat the game on Critical first, then restart on Proud to do all optional content

or

-beat the game and all optional content on Proud first, then do Critical with the assorted trophy bonuses I got from that
Plus dat plat ;).

Also top tier weapons for Donald+Goofy and tranquil materials needed for the best accessories.

Arguably Goofy's best mushroom weapon isn't his very best in the game (protega's not that necessary even on critical), but Donald's absolutely is, yeah. I kinda like the Nobody Guard for Goofy tbh.

Psxphile

Combat level bug: In BBS, after you beat one character's campaign you can reload your save to continue playing and take on some of the meta challenges. Normally, upon reload Combat Levels for every world goes up, giving you stronger Unversed to fight with higher EXP given... which is good for leveling. The bug, however, will sometimes cause world combat levels to remain as they were prior to beating the game, which of course makes leveling your character much more tedious. BBS FM never addressed this.

My Aqua on my original PSP playthrough of the NA BBS was affected by this. It's usually Aqua that gets nerfed, apparently.

A solution was found:

It basically says:
1. Collect all Xehanort reports, so Terra should do Mirage Arena before beating Xehanort.
2. Beat the final bosses with TAV.
3. Do NOT touch any of your saves after you've beaten the game. Don't reload it for anything.
4. Complete FE.
5. Now, load your Terra's save and see in the increase in battle level, which should have increased. Save that file. Do the same for Ventus.

They also say to remove all unwanted saves if you are not using them. Back it up on your pc if you might use them later on.

The trigger here is the creation of MF. If you accidentally reload your save before doing the Final Episode, your save gets glitched and doesn't get the increase in battle levels.

Hopefully this can be applied to ReMix BBSFM. Also, I notice it doesn't address Aqua. Seems her game will be bugged regardless of what you do, but you can at least keep the others from being affected. It's actually her Final Episode that gets the increased Combat Levels, but on that file you can't fight Mysterious Figure so it's a moot point.

Oh, I didn't know you could reflect his attacks back at him, cool. Will try that. Even when he is searching for you in his cross hairs?

Yup, although you can dodge around that part, reflecting it twice ends it quickly. He's kinda fun once you find out you can hurt him with his own weapon.

Combat level bug: In BBS, after you beat one character's campaign you can reload your save to continue playing and take on some of the meta challenges. Normally, upon reload Combat Levels for every world goes up, giving you stronger Unversed to fight with higher EXP given... which is good for leveling. The bug, however, will sometimes cause world combat levels to remain as they were prior to beating the game, which of course makes leveling your character much more tedious. BBS FM never addressed this.

My Aqua on my original PSP playthrough of the NA BBS was affected by this. It's usually Aqua that gets nerfed, apparently.

A solution was found:

Hopefully this can be applied to ReMix BBSFM. Also, I notice it doesn't address Aqua. Seems her game will be bugged regardless of what you do, but you can at least keep the others from being affected. It's actually her Final Episode that gets the increased Combat Levels, but on that file you can't fight Mysterious Figure so it's a moot point.

Ah that suuuckssss.Thanks for the fix and a proper explanation - I googled and all I could find were people complaining about it. I'm guessing there's no way to prevent it at all ?

EDIT- Whoops double post.
Collectors edition is back in stock at GAME UK:
http://www.game.co.uk/en/kingdom-hearts-2-5-hd-remix-collectors-edition-318709

Resilient

Ah that suuuckssss.Thanks for the fix and a proper explanation - I googled and all I could find were people complaining about it. I'm guessing there's no way to prevent it at all ?

EDIT- Whoops double post.
Collectors edition is back in stock at GAME UK:
http://www.game.co.uk/en/kingdom-hearts-2-5-hd-remix-collectors-edition-318709

I've just come out of a ban, and I'm so glad that my first post back is thanking you for bringing this to my attention. Man...thank you so so so much. I don't know what Game is like on being reliable for actually having stock like this - are you familiar? Either way, I've ordered it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I've just come out of a ban, and I'm so glad that my first post back is thanking you for bringing this to my attention. Man...thank you so so so much. I don't know what Game is like on being reliable for actually having stock like this - are you familiar? Either way, I've ordered it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Haha , np - with collectors editions like these they're fine... With normal games - they're normally store shelf stock. So you're all good in this case. Haven't had a cancellation from them before.

"Be sure to keep this data".,... Just beat Terra story...I guess I won't overwrite with Aqua's story :)
Yeah, game requires you to keep 5 save files total.
I am not complaining though since I have not 100% said files.

I just realized after a loooong time that using a continue is allowed for this games trophies -_-
Yeah, the achievements are not as brutal as KH.
It is mostly just one playthrough for 100% and one playthrough for critical per game. Although if you are a masochist, you could try both in one file.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's basically no way I'm going to do the BBS optional bosses on Critical, so is it smarter to:

-beat the game on Critical first, then restart on Proud to do all optional content

or

-beat the game and all optional content on Proud first, then do Critical with the assorted trophy bonuses I got from that

Probably safer to do Proud first and all optional content, in case you need to grind levels. That way there's less chance of the combat level bug affecting your optional content saves.

Shahadan

I'm having a hard time booting the game even though I want to play because it takes fucking forever to actually boot.
UNSKIPPABLE LOGOS. TWICE. I love the idea.

I guess I'm getting old.

Kain

What the heck is up with the fight against the last boss of Deep Space with Ven?????

I've been breezing through the game in Proud and this motherfucker kills me with one hit, ONE.

I don't remember this shit from before, what the fuck.

What the heck is up with the fight against the last boss of Deep Space with Ven?????

I've been breezing through the game in Proud and this motherfucker kills me with one hit, ONE.

I don't remember this shit from before, what the fuck.

If it's that yellow thing, He's being a dick with me for terra as well.

EDIT - YES!YOU BETTER CRY.

How are the load times of BBSFM on here? I know the ones in KH2FM are pretty bad sometimes, but does that apply to BBS, too? I think I heard the saving on BBS was slow, but how about going from area to area?

Kain

How are the load times of BBSFM on here? I know the ones in KH2FM are pretty bad sometimes, but does that apply to BBS, too? I think I heard the saving on BBS was slow, but how about going from area to area?

The saving is painfully slow, but I do think the load times between zones are shorter than in KH2.

Caladrius

Ven's story is halfway done. Still haven't gotten Mega Flare or any of the other big guns yet, though.

Probably owing to the fact that BBS' zones are completely barren.

It has more to do with the fact that BBS's zones are generally smaller and use simpler geometry.

KH2 is similarly populated to BBS aside from a select few areas.

RPGCrazied

Seems faster, but the game is not as smooth as KH2FM, I'll just say that. Tons of stuttering in various places. No tearing though.

That can at least be worked around by playing long sessions.

There are noticeable load times with D-Links and command styles though, thankfully like the drive forms in 2 it only happens once a world or so.

Yeah, true although I'm kind of a save-a-holic in RPGs, lol.

I never did really use D-Links that much when I played it on the PSP, so that's not a big deal to me (although I was thinking about actually giving them a try this time). Are Command Styles loading as long as the drive forms are in KH2FM? I watched some streams and they didn't see too bad (pretty quick actually).

Seems faster, but the game is not as smooth as KH2FM, I'll just say that. Tons of stuttering in various places. No tearing though.

Aww... Maybe if there's a PS4 version, they will make both 60fps without stuttering.

RPGCrazied

Aww... Maybe if there's a PS4 version, they will make both 60fps without stuttering.

Could be my PS3 dying though. Someone else in this thread had the issues I did, it started at the land of departure. Playing 720p like I said helps somewhat, but still does it in some places.

Or could be its a PSP game running on a PS3. I'm sure making a PS2 game run on PS3 was much easier, since they pretty much already have an emulator running on it from PS2 classics.

Caladrius

I never did really use D-Links that much when I played it on the PSP, so that's not a big deal to me (although I was thinking about actually giving them a try this time). Are Command Styles loading as long as the drive forms are in KH2FM? I watched some streams and they didn't see too bad (pretty quick actually).

I always make sure to save twice whenever I save, so I just make double-sure that I saved as opposed to saving often. More time-efficient in the long run.

Command styles take a bit less time than drive forms. D-Links are about the same as DFs though.

D-Links are pretty meh.
The only ones I found especially useful were Aqua's and Mickey's. Aqua's is good for the early game when cure isn't available, and Mickey's level 2 D-Link is good for the EXP bonus. Other than those you'll usually have a set of commands equipped that are better suited to your needs than the D-Links are.

Bladenic

D-links, much like Drive Forms for the majority of KH2's boss fights, are not necessary. At least, not if you do lots of command melding and whatnot. I level all of them just for kicks, but otherwise don't use them (and on proud for both Terra and Ven I've yet to need to activate one even for the HP recovery). That said, Mickey does give 2x EXP for Ven so you can use that to grind faster.

Falk

that puzzling face
12 hours after platinum and I feel an empty void in my sould

I have run out of Kingdom Hearts to play.

:|

Haaaalp!

I'm missing two cutscenes in the Theatre after finishing 2FM on Proud mode.

I know one of them is the Sephiroth cutscene (and Fuck No, I am NOT going to do seph on proud mode when it took me 6 tries to do Xemnas), but what's the other one? is that the full Birth By Sleep Movie? I R Confused. How doth I unlock it?

Haaaalp!

I know one of them is the Sephiroth cutscene (and Fuck No, I am NOT going to do seph on proud mode when it took me 6 tries to do Xemnas), but what's the other one? is that the full Birth By Sleep Movie? I R Confused. How doth I unlock it?

The other one indeed should be the ''new'' secret ending. I think in Proud you need to have 100% journal completion so have fun.

1) I'm not a lv1 type of person
2) Only reason I'm gonna play DDD again is for trophies.
Oh but then I hope they have a lvl 1 critical trophy since it's only one game!
if only to watch you suffer /smaug

Caladrius

Haaaalp!

You have to complete the Journal on Proud, so you'd have to fight Sephiroth and the rest of the optional bosses anyway.

You have to complete the Journal on Proud, so you'd have to fight Sephiroth and the rest of the optional bosses anyway.

YOU ARE SHITTING ME.

Sooo...

Grinding the rest of the Forms
The Missing Puzzle Pieces
The Cavern of Remembrance
The Missing Treasure Chests
Sephiroth
Lingering Will
The Rest of the Underworld Cups
The Absent Silhouettes
The Data XIII
S-Ranking the Gummi EX Missions...

*Stabs self with Keyblade*

KH_Sora_s_Sacrifice_by_7Mp.jpg

TO YOUTUBE!

YOU ARE SHITTING ME.
*Stabs self with Keyblade*

KH_Sora_s_Sacrifice_by_7Mp.jpg

TO YOUTUBE!
The funny thing is that the original game just had you beat Proud mode. They added all the extra requirements because Japan.
BBS isn't nearly as terrible with Secret Episode requirements. All reports can be got via story except one, which is really easy to get. If playing Proud, they only require all stickers which I get 100% treasure anyways.

Falk

that puzzling face
The funny thing is that the original game just had you beat Proud mode. They added all the extra requirements because Japan.
BBS isn't nearly as terrible with Secret Episode requirements. All reports can be got via story except one, which is really easy to get. If playing Proud, they only require all stickers which I get 100% treasure anyways.

Getting locked out of
Land of Departure because Mysterious Figure is there
with treasure chests left there to collect = lol

edit: If you don't want to click the spoiler, nothing is permanently missable.

Caladrius

YOU ARE SHITTING ME.

Sooo...

Grinding the rest of the Forms
The Missing Puzzle Pieces
The Cavern of Remembrance
The Missing Treasure Chests
Sephiroth
Lingering Will
The Rest of the Underworld Cups
The Absent Silhouettes
The Data XIII
S-Ranking the Gummi EX Missions...

TO YOUTUBE!

Don't forget the minigames!

It's a rock-and-a-hard-place situation, because you either have to jump through an assload more hoops (Proud) or make the hoops have to jump through even harder in exchange for there being fewer of them. (Critical)

Granted, I'd personally prefer doing a few very hard things to a ton of very annoying ones.

Top Bottom