• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

I'ma just watch the Re:Coded Movie.

Though, TBH, what the heck, Squeenix, Could you have at least have actually rendered the cutscenes in 1080p (or Hell, 720P) instead of rendering it at what looks like 480p and upscaling?

So, let me get this straight about Re:Coded so far:

Something weird happened to Jiminy's Journal from KH1, so Mickey et al create an extrapolated data simulation of the book's Missing contents (From WHAT, I ask?), but the weird thing that happened to the book is causing severe corruption to the simulated world, so an AI Simulation of Sora is sent into the book to repair the damage, but then the journal uploads an uncorrupted backup of the data into an AI simulation of Riku, who then proceeds to pulls the REAL Mickey/Donald/Goofy into the data world Ala Space Paranoids/Twilight Town, and then all communication from the real world to the simulation is cut off and
oh dear i've gone cross-eyed.

http://youtu.be/bJUri4jzyu0

*BWAAAWRRRMM*

Falk

that puzzling face
Coded really could have been slimmed down to 35-40 minutes tops. Does anyone really care about re-told, non-canon (imaginary) versions of non-canon (Kingdom Hearts) Disney stories a second time? (first being CoM)

Coded really could have been slimmed down to 35-40 minutes tops. Does anyone really care about re-told, non-canon (imaginary) versions of non-canon (Kingdom Hearts) Disney stories a second time? (first being CoM)

Yeah, the only important part of that game is the very end. Literally nothing else matters, since it's all in a computer.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
From what I gather, all you need to know from Coded is:
Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are still out there and need to be saved. Mickey sends a letter to Sora, Kairi and Riku, which was the letter seen at the end of Kingdom Hearts II. Then Mickey and Yen Sid learn that when one's Heartless and Nobody are killed, the original human comes back. Meaning with the death of Ansem: SoD and Xemnas, Xehanort will come back. This leads into Sora & Riku taking the Mark of Mastery exam in Dream Drop Distance

Speaking of letters, did we ever find out about the letter Pluto had at the end of the first game?

Seda

Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are still out there and need to be saved. Mickey sends a letter to Sora, Kairi and Riku, which was the letter seen at the end of Kingdom Hearts II. Then Mickey and Yen Sid learn that when one's Heartless and Nobody are killed, the original human comes back. Meaning with the death of Ansem: SoD and Xemnas, Xehanort will come back. This leads into Sora & Riku taking the Mark of Mastery exam in Dream Drop Distance

Speaking of letters, did we ever find out about the letter Pluto had at the end of the first game?

yep

and

nope

Bladenic

Just noticed you can see
Master Xehanort's
veins across his head in the hi-res cutscenes of him. Noticed it during a Ven cutscene near the end of his story where the camera is behind the character in question and placed behind his head.

Random, but kinda cool.

Edit: about the Keyblade War: "It is a curious tale, and one worth exploring."

Yes exactly give us a game about it.

Resilient

"Remember Sora,

You are the one who will open the door to light."

??

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
DDD spoilers
So was the reason Xehanort came back as his old man self rather than Terra-nort was so they can bring back Chikao Otsuka and Leonard Nimoy?

So what are the recommended levels for doing the data fights and Lingering Will on Critical? Obviously you can do it at level 1 or whatever, but as someone who never beat them before, what would be a good level? All the way to 99 or at least like 80 or something?

Also, what are the best accessories to make and use for those fights?

DDD spoilers
So was the reason Xehanort came back as his old man self rather than Terra-nort was so they can bring back Chikao Otsuka and Leonard Nimoy?

I thought about that and it's certainly possible, lol.

Caladrius

So what are the recommended levels for doing the data fights and Lingering Will on Critical? Obviously you can do it at level 1 or whatever, but as someone who never beat them before, what would be a good level? All the way to 99 or at least like 80 or something?

Also, what are the best accessories to make and use for those fights?.

For first-timers it's good to max out. The extra bosses still provide a good deal of challenge even at 99, and you'll need the leeway to learn their attack patterns.

Full Bloom+ and Shadow Archive+ provide MP Hastega and MP Rage respectively, which are both immensely useful for most of the fights in some fashion or another. Their effects also stack, so you can get a tremendous bonus to MP recovery if you equip 4 of either.

Full Bloom+ is the ideal for most of the bosses, since it helps recharge Curaga faster.

MP Rage is somewhat less useful, but MP Rage can be used to delay how long you have to go before your MP runs out from using Reflega, and it's also instrumental should you decide to cheese Data Larxene.(MP Rage x5+Hidden Dragon + Limit form = virtually infinite MP=Endless Strike Raids=Dead Larxene).

For first-timers it's good to max out. The extra bosses still provide a good deal of challenge even at 99, and you'll need the leeway to learn their attack patterns.

Full Bloom+ and Shadow Archive+ provide MP Hastega and MP Rage respectively, which are both immensely useful for most of the fights in some fashion or another.

That's what I figured. Shame you can't use that really quick way to max out your level like in the original KH2.

Thanks for the accessory names. :) Those do sound really useful.

Jigolo

KH1 >> KH2 > BBS > >>>>>> CoM

I hate that all the glide, double jump, etc are tied to drive forms in KH2. And that some drive forms are left to chance. I beat the game on critical without ever going into final form.

Caladrius

Man, after finishing with Terra, Ven seems so weak.

He compensates for it with a vastly superior evasive maneuver (gives nearly constant invincibility frames as opposed to Terra's which has a noticeable delay between each slide) and better proficiency with magic. I used Ven almost exclusively as a mage in the early parts of the game. He becomes fantastic if you can get Faith (full health+ area attack) and his exclusive Physical commands, which do a lot of damage fairly quickly. As the game's Sora clone he's also the only character to get the Glide and Superglide commands.

That said he certainly takes awhile to get him up and running on critical, since enemies take a lot of hits to kill without a bit of grinding. Castle of Dreams 's living room area is the best place to grind in the early game, by the way.

Aqua's even worse at the start of her story, as magic reloads slowly without boosts and her physical attack and first command style are absolute garbage.She gets better when you start getting the mid-tier spells and sequence break using barrier surge for the Fission Firaga and Ice Burst in Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Dominion. As another consolation Aqua has the best defensive options in the game, with her cartwheel and heal barrier.

Terra makes out like a bandit in Critical Mode's early game, though.

Bladenic

Finished Ven. Time for Aqua!!

Ven's final boss actually killed me during the final part because I used the finishing move but it apparently missed and I died since there's no way to heal. So that's:

Terra - 0 deaths
Ven - 2 (one against Trinity Armor cuz I didn't kill off the legs and died while trying to heal cuz no Leaf Bracer at the time)

Falk

that puzzling face
I still have no idea what the heck I'm doing during Ven's Final Boss. I just pretend it's a rhythm game.

edit: This applies to Coded too lol

Ouvirfr.png

Lightning

Banned
I just watched Bizkit's Data Org battles and WTF? He makes them look really easy when they are bloody hard, The only way I can beat Xaldin is making sure he doesn't DM, if he DM's I'm dead every time.

Soriku

I managed to beat Roxas and Xigbar in TWTNW without much trouble. Leveled up a few Drive forms prior though.

Roxas has the ability to 2-shot you in the beginning if you don't have Second Chance (I didn't). But if you use Reflect right in the beginning, you can get the upper hand. With the rest of the fight, I just played it really aggressive. Staggering him isn't too hard. I feel like I got a bit lucky though. The dash from Wisdom form and the air jump from Master help, same with using Limit Form.

Dash and air jump also help with Xigbar. His bullets are annoying, but at least they don't do a ton of damage. If you do the air jump and try to jump early towards the left or right, instead of just straight, you can dodge some of the bullets. Dashing right at him is probably quicker though. During his laser spam during the later part of the fight, I just switched to Limit form. The slowed down animation helped since you don't take damage. I just kept jumping and managed to dodge most of the bullets. He doesn't have much HP and his defense isn't so great (on Critical), so as long as you can stay on him and heal before it's too late, you're good.

Bladenic

Fucking LOL at how pathetically easy it is to get Fission Firaga and Ice Barrage way before you're really meant to with Aqua. Time to lay down the hurt.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I still have no idea what the heck I'm doing during Ven's Final Boss. I just pretend it's a rhythm game.

edit: This applies to Coded too lol

Ouvirfr.png

Yep. The first 95% of the game is completely irrelevant. The only things that make the game 'matter' happen in the last 10 minute cutscenes.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nah, I mean the entire arc of restoring the journal ending with
Data Heartless Sora
being the big bad is worth exploring. But it really wasn't necessary to go through every single world to do so. And then again in Data Castle Oblivion.

The arc is there. It just dragged out way too long. In the context of an episodic game I get it, and to a certain extent even the DS version as pad content or a chance to revisit KH1 with a much more refined combat system. As a movie though, it's really a drag to watch from start to end.

I have to say that it is hella unfair for Sword people to get Second Chance so late. Makes Proud runs nearly impossible unless over leveled. Second Chance should have been a bonus level after beating one of the mid level bosses like Xaldin.

Beat Xemnas for the Drive Gauge bonus, it was a pain in the ass in the last half due to the stupid throw and combo that can kill you unless you time Limit form usage with a potion.

sappyday

Holy fuck the Cavern of Remembrance is brutal. I made it to the last wave but I just couldn't handle it. I'm level 61 but it was still too much for me. I don't have to go through all those waves again right if I exited the CoR?

Groof

Beat Timeless River last night. This game is so fun, and looks so good in HD. So much tiny detail in the environments I missed before.

But the dual shock 3 is absolutely killing me. Jumping between this and Driveclub is really jarring.

Holy fuck the Cavern of Remembrance is brutal. I made it to the last wave but I just couldn't handle it. I'm level 61 but it was still too much for me. I don't have to go through all those waves again right if I exited the CoR?

If you get up to the final wave/area and leave, when you come back you skip all the forced fights and can go straight to where you left off.

Bousf

I started the Data fights yesterday and after a few attempts I found Data Saïx to be ridiculously predictable!! If you need some defense boosts and you're too lazy to synth them you can definitely farm Data Saïx lol (I need to do some trial and error for the other 12 though xD)

I'm now doing some Twilight material farming, having two sorcerers alone in TWTNW is so unconvenient.....and the ones in CoR are just too powerful for the farming to be efficient.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually you don't. After you finish one of the forced fights in there, it's gone for good.

Wat

That's news to me! Especially considering that place was one of my grind spots. I guess the grinding waves are a little different though.

Wat

That's news to me! Especially considering that place was one of my grind spots. I guess the grinding waves are a little different though.

If you get to the garden then return to the corridor, then there are enemies that spawn. But before then, when you defeat a forced wave of enemies, it doesn't return if you leave and come back.

It does not help that the cavern is full of the most annoying heartless in the game.
I am almost done with the collectables, but the cavern is the last thing on my list.

Top Bottom