• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Vashetti

Banned
Yeah, you do. You also need to get a high enough score as well (IIRC it's 40).

tumblr_mcq167ieAa1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Just use the shove move and only use the shove move and hit the turn triggers as soon as they appear and you should be fine.

Shahadan

Port Royal feels so out of place...I didn't like that world even as a kid, but now it's somewhat worse.
It's like you're playing KH and suddenly you're thrown into some shovelware licenced game. :lol:

I hope we won't go there again in KH3.

Vashetti

Banned
Port Royal feels so out of place...I didn't like that world even as a kid, but now it's somewhat worse.
It's like you're playing KH and suddenly you're thrown into some shovelware licenced game. :lol:

I hope we won't go there again in KH3.

Kraken and Davy Jones boss battles say "Hi."

Kinsei

Banned
I finished the game and the Mushroom 13 sidequest last night and now I can't decide whether to do the boring stuff (synth + paradox cups) now and end with a bang, or do the fun stuff now and end with a whimer?

EDIT: I just realized that I'll end on level grinding anyways so I'll just keep alternating between fun and boring so I don't get burnt out.

Maffia

Neo Member
I was testing out the EXP Walker ability on Aqua to see if I could just let her run around in circles all night to level her up easy. Turns out after a few minutes of running around in a circle the character will automatically stop. The camera will still turn round like crazy though.

Oh well it was worth a shot :p

Jigolo

GUYS WHAT'S HAPPENING?

BBS with Aqua and just got to the Stitch world and I'm doing like 1% damage with every hit. what the fuck

Holy fuck the Cavern of Remembrance is brutal. I made it to the last wave but I just couldn't handle it. I'm level 61 but it was still too much for me. I don't have to go through all those waves again right if I exited the CoR?

Stitch is a fucking God in that section.

GUYS WHAT'S HAPPENING?

BBS with Aqua and just got to the Stitch world and I'm doing like 1% damage with every hit. what the fuck

Underleveled and probably went out of order as far as worlds are concerned. I did that the first time I played through with Ven. Still beat the world but wasn't suppose to go there next.

It's been 12 days or so since I contacted Square Enix about the delivery of a damaged Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Collector's Edition. They requested to see photos, so I sent them in and according to this CS Rep it possible that they'll just send me another free of charge :|

SEE Agent Cynthia: It seems like a reshipping was approved but the latest information we have received here is that we are currently waiting for a reshipping confirmation. I have enquired for an update for you.

Square Enix will get a fan for life if they follow through with this.

Caladrius

I still have no idea what the heck I'm doing during Ven's Final Boss. I just pretend it's a rhythm game.

edit: This applies to Coded too lol

That honestly just made my opinion of the game hit rock-bottom tbh. :[
Simultaneously robs Roxas of any vestige of mystique or intelligence and cements that the game was never about him to begin with. I can go into detail if you care to hear it, but that's the short version.

I finished the game and the Mushroom 13 sidequest last night and now I can't decide whether to do the boring stuff (synth + paradox cups) now and end with a bang, or do the fun stuff now and end with a whimer?

EDIT: I just realized that I'll end on level grinding anyways so I'll just keep alternating between fun and boring so I don't get burnt out.

I find that it's best to do synthesis first, since you get an assload of levels fin the process. Took me from level 53 to 67 on my most recent run. I've never done the paradox cups before, but the bump in levels will probably help.

GUYS WHAT'S HAPPENING?

You need more levels and better magic commands, I'm afraid. Look into getting the Mega Flare and Seeker Mine commands, as well as the fire boost and Magic haste abilities.

Seda

I think David Gallagher's performance in Riku's CoM arc is some of the best VA work in the series. Riku is also one of the most dynamic characters in Kingdom Hearts, and I think spending an hour watching the cutscenes is worthwhile.

Kain

I think David Gallagher's performance in Riku's CoM arc is some of the best VA work in the series. Riku is also one of the most dynamic characters in Kingdom Hearts, and I think spending an hour watching the cutscenes is worthwhile.

Yes. Riku as a whole is a great character, and his VA is ace.

Sora's VA is great, too, but the character is more meh.

You've convinced me. I'm finally going home from university tomorrow, where KH2.5 awaits. I've waited sooo long to play it and now I have Riku's story and the cutscenes of 358/2 (and then that supposedly awful prologue to go through) STILL before I finally play it guuuuuh.

Life is hard.

Especially considering the VAs were made to dub prerendered scenes with japanese lipsynch. Some do this quite well but Donald for example you can really tell is struggling in some scenes.

Kinsei

Banned
I find that it's best to do synthesis first, since you get an assload of levels fin the process. Took me from level 53 to 67 on my most recent run. I've never done the paradox cups before, but the bump in levels will probably help.

Yeah, I think I'll do synth, then data, then paradox cups, then LW, and finally level grinding to finish it off.

You've convinced me. I'm finally going home from university tomorrow, where KH2.5 awaits. I've waited sooo long to play it and now I have Riku's story and the cutscenes of 358/2 (and then that supposedly awful prologue to go through) STILL before I finally play it guuuuuh.

Life is hard.

Wait and watch Days after you finish KH2. It was released after KH2, and ends up spoiling some mysteries if watched/played first.

David Gallagher really carries the script in most of the scenes he voices, particularly in the games from Re:CoM/Days onward.

Wait and watch Days after you finish KH2. It was released after KH2, and ends up spoiling some mysteries if watched/played first.

Second opinion: Watch Days first. Many of the plot-related mysteries are just as mysterious in Days (and unveiled in a less nonsensical fashion), and the ones that aren't actually lend much greater impact to scenes in KHII that involve characters and events from Days. Days gives a lot of weight to the story of KHII (especially the Final Mix content); unfortunately, the reverse isn't as true.

Let's just be honest: in the context of the series at large, the BBS-related mysteries in KHII and Days are way more interesting than anything we learn about Roxas or the original Organization in KHII.

Yup. Synthesis grinding with Gull Wing equipped and you'll level a shitload.

Best place to grind for Tranquil Crystals is against the Agrabah mushroom with Limit Form and Decisive Pumpkin equipped (plus whatever strength-boosting accessories you've got, +2 or +3 each)- you're virtually guaranteed to end up with Donald's best weapon in the process.

God, I can't wait to be able to just buy Dense Stone and Twilight Gem at the moogle shops, lol.

Shahadan

I've spent two hours yelling at my TV during zexion's absent silhouette fight. So annoying. Had I known I could cheese it with Donald's meteor and the ability to dash into the blue light at the last moment, my life would have been easier. At least I'll probably die younger now, so less time for regret.

David Gallagher really carries the script in most of the scenes he voices, particularly in the games from Re:CoM/Days onward.

Second opinion: Watch Days first. Many of the plot-related mysteries are just as mysterious in Days (and unveiled in a less nonsensical fashion), and the ones that aren't actually lend much greater impact to scenes in KHII that involve characters and events from Days. Days gives a lot of weight to the story of KHII (especially the Final Mix content); unfortunately, the reverse isn't as true.

Noted, considering the cutscenes of 358/2 are bundled in with 1.5, it seems like the creators have decided that watching it before KHII is the best way to experience the story?

Kinsei

Banned
I've spent two hours yelling at my TV during zexion's absent silhouette fight. So annoying. Had I known I could cheese it with Donald's meteor and the ability to dash into the blue light at the last moment, my life would have been easier. At least I'll probably die younger now, so less time for regret.

Have fun with Larxene!

Shahadan

Noted, considering the cutscenes of 358/2 are bundled in with 1.5, it seems like the creators have decided that watching it before KHII is the best way to experience the story?

I think it's more of a chronological order than anything.
If you don't know who Roxas is, watching it before playing KH2 is porbably not a good idea I guess.

Have fun with Larxene!

She destroyed me quite easily when I tried yeah :lol:

Kain

I've come to realize you can cheese a lot of fights in really shameful ways. Just yesterday I was fighting Hook (spoiler?) with Ven and I died three or four times because I was trying to evade his attacks with the square button. Oh, btw, devs if you implement an evade/parry mechanic, make it so that when you succesfully do it you have a free combo at least: invincibility periods in enemies is bullshit, but at least remove it when you play the game well, not punish me when I parry an attack. So anyway, instead of parry/evading I just spammed Firaga from the water because he couldn't get inside and that's it, none of his attacks can reach you in the water.

That's one stupid fight.

Berordn

Probably just chronological order and already having most of the assets for the cutscenes with the VAs within arms reach. It's not like they had to do particularly much to bring it to life and it gave them a way to pad out the package.

Though now I'm wondering if the eventual Re:DDD is going to be packaged in a Re:Days and Re:Coded set since they've already gone out of the way to make cutscenes and some environments.

Watching 358/2 Days before playing KH2 prevents you from being all like "what the christ is going on" during a lot of KH2's plot. A bunch of people think that's a bad thing and that you ought to be more confused during KH2. They will advise you to play KH2 first.

That's definitely my impression.

There's some validity to the KHII-->Days order, since obviously that's the release order and therefore the order in which the story was actually worked out. And when KHII was originally released, they definitely intended the critical events that take place during Days to be mysterious off-screen stuff that you only experience in fragmented flashbacks. Days itself would then be the "backstory chapter" that fills in the rest of the holes (kind of like Birth by Sleep).

However, with the KHII Final Mix content added in, the Days-->KHII order definitely feels like more of a "complete package" from a storytelling perspective. You the viewer know the full story, so you get to see how those events shaped the characters and their actions in KHII.

So it really depends what you're looking for out of your experience:

Do you want to be dropped in to the story in media res and face the outcomes of events you aren't familiar with? Might make more sense to play KHII first.

Do you want to more of an omniscient view over how the story unfolds, including the full context and emotional impact of the events that precede KHII? Watch Days first.

I played them in release order originally, and personally don't think most of the mysteries in KHII really add much to the experience. In fact, I appreciate the characters and the weight of what's going on a lot more now that I'm playing through Final Mix for the first time after sitting through Days.

Oh god

Oh god why

I remember now...

THE DECK LEVELLING SYSTEM IN BIRTH BY SLEEP IS FUCKING ITADAKI STREET.

Oh please tell me there's a way to avoid this..

Kinsei

Banned
Oh god

Oh god why

I remember now...

THE DECK LEVELLING SYSTEM IN BIRTH BY SLEEP IS FUCKING ITADAKI STREET.

Oh please tell me there's a way to avoid this..

Do you want the platinum trophy? If so you need to play every board with every character. Do you just want to fight the optionla bosses? If so you need to win 7 games in the mirage arena.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
How do you unlock the secret episode added with final mix release in KH BBS? The one where you play with Aqua basically.

How do you unlock the secret episode added with final mix release in KH BBS? The one where you play with Aqua basically.

From KH Wiki:
Beginner Mode - Not accessible.
Standard Mode - Complete the Trinity Archives 100% with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

Shahadan

I loved the board game and spent probably more hours there than on the main game :x
Am I weird.

I'll probably get sick of it pretty quickly this time though, so all is well.

This reminds me I've never played the Aqua part of the game :|

Kinsei

Banned
I loved the board game and spent probably more hours there than on the main game :x
Am I weird.

I'll probably get sick of it pretty quickly this time though, so all is well.

You're not weird. I spent a ton of time on the command board, although most of that was in the online multiplayer.

EDIT: You ARE weird for not playing through the best characters story.

Bousf

Two days ago I was concerned about getting to level 99 in KH2, now I'm level 81 and I'm still farming materials lol

I also earnt my bronze crown after dealing with Mushroom XIII, I'll do some boring mini-game stuff now and then back to farming materials :D

Edit: Just earnt my silver crown, I'VE DEFEATED TERRA!! :)

Afrocious

Yup. Synthesis grinding with Gull Wing equipped and you'll level a shitload.

Best place to grind for Tranquil Crystals is against the Agrabah mushroom with Limit Form and Decisive Pumpkin equipped (plus whatever strength-boosting accessories you've got, +2 or +3 each)- you're virtually guaranteed to end up with Donald's best weapon in the process.

God, I can't wait to be able to just buy Dense Stone and Twilight Gem at the moogle shops, lol.

I just finished the synth trophies. I never thought I'd see the day I'd ever do that in KH. I also think tranquility crystals are easily farmed from the mushroom in Halloween town. Just have stitch and reflect

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
From KH Wiki:
Beginner Mode - Not accessible.
Standard Mode - Complete the Trinity Archives 100% with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

thx

EDIT: You ARE weird for not playing through the best characters story.
Aqua has the best dodge indeed plus if you put 15 minutes into giving her good magic you can play it on cruise control. That being said, I have no clue how Critical plays... but Proud mode was a fun challenge.

Edit: ITADAKI STREET is BOOM STREET in the US right? I think Command Boards are worse actually.

Luigi87

Aqua has the best dodge indeed plus if you put 15 minutes into giving her good magic you can play it on cruise control. That being said, I have no clue how Critical plays... but Proud mode was a fun challenge.

Edit: ITADAKI STREET is BOOM STREET in the US right? I think Command Boards are worse actually.

Fortune Street in North America.

Psxphile

I'm a no good liar.

I started up BBS FM, saw the intro video, got to the title screen... and then backed out and reloaded KH2FM again. Beat Axel, Marluxia and Lexaous Laxeous Laxoues WHATEVER data fights. And I still need to finish leveling to 99 (wait, is it really max at 99? Didn't KH1 go to 100?)

The pull to 100% on Critical... too stronk. Also I feel weird not earning the final FMV before starting BBSFM.

Luigi87

I'm a no good liar.

I started up BBS FM, saw the intro video, got to the title screen... and then backed out and reloaded KH2FM again. Beat Axel, Marluxia and Lexaous Laxeous Laxoues WHATEVER data fights. And I still need to finish leveling to 99 (wait, is it really max at 99? Didn't KH1 go to 100?)

The pull to 100% on Critical... too stronk. Also I feel weird not earning the final FMV before starting BBSFM.

KH1 also went to 99.
Which is funny you ask, because when KH1.5 came out, I was thinking "Doesn't KH2 go to 100?" which clearly it did not either.

Top Bottom