• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Seda

I swear to god I thought he was saying "Sin Harvest Angel."

Also imo Sephiroth is the easiest "hard fight" in the game.

Sephiroth has a simple pattern as a well as a reaction command that opens him up for combos. He's definitely not too tricky.

Caladrius

Re:coded's subtitles look...good!?

Bret Iwan seems to have improved significantly as Mickey. I'm surprised.

Blank Points was pre-rendered in the PSP version. Pretty sure 2.5 just uses an upres of that same pre-rendered video.

Ah, Thanks. I thought it had been made in-engine.

Shahadan

I really wish they would port this all to ps4 (including the first) I got rid of my ps3, and with 3 coming out soon it would be nice to have all of the old ones on a single disc. I have all the original versions on all their respective platforms, just do not have the consoles anymore. I may get a ps3 when they become cheap just for these remakes.

They most likely will, though I kinda doubt they'll resist the opportunity to sell them separately again :p

And I'll buy them again because I'm weak.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just completed the Daylight puzzle and got the Executive's Ring. +30 AP. This thing's a monster. Was not expecting something so powerful.

Falk

that puzzling face
Started DDD again. Any HD port of DDD better have VR support.

BECAUSE.

edit: Or more realistically, 3D support.

Bousf

I got rid of almost all the minigame stuff, I have left the magic carpet and light cycle challenges, plus the Hades Paradox Cup.

When it comes to data fights, I've only beaten Saïx lol

Hit my first tough spot in my KH2FM critical playthrough. Roxas at Memory Skyscraper, I'm lvl 45 and he kicks my ass all over the place and then some. Any suggestions??

Soriku

Hit my first tough spot in my KH2FM critical playthrough. Roxas at Memory Skyscraper, I'm lvl 45 and he kicks my ass all over the place and then some. Any suggestions??

If you have the dash from Wisdom form and the air jump from Master form, it'll help. Just play the fight aggressively since staggering him isn't too hard, and your evasion skills might not be up to par. Limit Form can do good damage, so use that at lower health levels.

Also I used Decisive Pumpkin for the battle. Edit: And use Reflect at the very beginning of the fight!

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal

He kicked my ass a few times too, then suddenly, there was a reaction command, so I did it and he got stunned for so long that I just comboed him until he died. Not sure how to trigger it though.

LAA

Phew! Just beat all the data org XIII members. Xemnas was more of a pain with the broken reaction. Good tip for that part us to use the riku limit, you should be able to survive that part then and continue. One time though, he did it again straight afterwards and I got killed :(, but shouldnt happen most of the time.

Now onto sephiroth...

How do i beat (BBS Spoiler)
Terra-Xeanort
on critical, my ass i getting handed to me by those meteors. Must've spent 2 hours on him shuffling my decks and levelling up commands.

Kinsei

Banned

Block his opening attack and then do a single combo. Dodge his counter attack and his next four attacks to trigger the reaction command. After the reaction command dodge through the lasers and combo him again. Dodge while keeping your back to him to trigger the second reaction command and then combo him one last time. Congrats, you've now beaten Roxas.

How do i beat (BBS Spoiler)
Terra-Xeanort
on critical, my ass i getting handed to me by those meteors. Must've spent 2 hours on him shuffling my decks and levelling up commands.

There are two fights against that boss. Are you fighting him as Terra or Aqua?

Block his opening attack and then do a single combo. Dodge his counter attack and his next four attacks to trigger the reaction command. After the reaction command dodge through the lasers and combo him again. Dodge while keeping your back to him to trigger the second reaction command and then combo him one last time. Congrats, you've now beaten Roxas.

There are two fights against that boss. Are you fighting him as Terra or Aqua?

Terra. Thanks in advance!

Caladrius

Terra. Thanks in advance!

For the meteor attack (at least the one where the boss spawns flying rocks around the arena), keep dodging along the edge of the arena until Rocks stop spawning. Face towards the center of the arena and prepare to block. You might get hit once or twice, but it'll absorb most of the damage. The other meteor attack has to be dodged. (That one is usually used in conjunction with other attacks, so be mindful of it.)

Most of the boss's attacks can be blocked fairly easily, save for the darkness combos towards the end of the fight, which have to be dodged. It's just a matter of consistency and being able to make openings for shotlocks and Counter Hammer.

For the meteor attack (at least the one where the boss spawns flying rocks around the arena), keep dodging along the edge of the arena until Rocks stop spawning. Face towards the center of the arena and prepare to block. You might get hit once or twice, but it'll absorb most of the damage. The other meteor attack has to be dodged. (That one is usually used in conjunction with other attacks, so be mindful of it.)

Most of the boss's attacks can be blocked fairly easily, save for the darkness combos towards the end of the fight, which have to be dodged. It's just a matter of consistency and being able to make openings for shotlocks and Counter Hammer.

Thats how i get him down to 2 bars , he decides to heal himself as well -_-. However, the meteors I dodge a few and end up getting killed before it even ends. I'll try your strategy now,thanks.

Picked up the limited edition of this game a couple of days ago. Super hyped for whenever I'll be able to actually play it. I can't believe it was only 40$.

Bousf

Fuck Mushroom VIII

FUCK IT
I did it without drive forms, here's what to do:
Equip as many combo pluses and aerial combo pluses as you have, stock your items with 8 ethers and place shortcuts for ethers and thunder. Also deactivate Aerial Sweep and activate Finishing Plus (both FPs if you're playing on Critical) For weapon you can go with either Monochrome for Item boost or Rumbling Rose for Finishing Plus.

Throw the mushroom out of the ground, without jumping attack him and Sora will do Aerial Dive (if you keep Aerial Sweep activated he'll do that and it won't work), after that, mash square for Horizontal Slash until the mushroom jumps high for the first time, then land, jump and hit once with X, followed by more Horizontal Slash, when he jumps high for the second time, land and spam thunder on him until you run out of MP, then quickly use an Ether and start casting thunder again, rinse and repeat and I got 98 hits on him.

If you need Ethers and don't have munny to get them, equip as many Lucky Lucky skills as you have and go to Halloween town, pretty much everything there drops an ether lol good luck!! :D

Someone is selling me a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 sealed collector's edition for $150. Should I take it?

If you haven't played 1.5 you could go for it (I still wouldn't lol), if you have played 1.5, it is definitely overpriced, so it comes down to how badly you want the CE.

Weiss

Banned
Is anyone else getting problems with the UI? I had a really clear picture in KH1.5, but here Roxas' face is really small and fuzzy, like it's on the PS2.

So... I ended up getting once more whilst randomly melding commands...Holy shit was the fight easy with it.

EDIT- I loaded up my complete file - combat levels are the same as they were before for the worlds - Was i hit by the glitch?

Caladrius

So... I ended up getting once more whilst randomly melding commands...Holy shit was the fight easy with it.

EDIT- I loaded up my complete file - combat levels are the same as they were before for the worlds - Was i hit by the glitch?

Did you complete the Final Episode beforehand?

Carbonox

Is there a useful post-game guide for KH2:FM so I know what to approach and when if you're trophy hunting? Odd there aren't any guides still. Sites are typically very quick and reliable with them and I'm a bit lost.

Seda

Is there a useful post-game guide for KH2:FM so I know what to approach and when if you're trophy hunting? Odd there aren't any guides still. Sites are typically very quick and reliable with them and I'm a bit lost.

The order I did things in was: level up forms first, then stickers, then work with synthesis, then level up to 99, then data battles / Lingering Will, then minigames / gummi ship

...Is it just me, or is Terra OP? I'm about 4 hours in and i'm level 15, utterly owning everything (and If I REALLY need to own something, I D-Link Ven), and I'm just about to get Blizzaga and Zero Gravira before I leave Castle of Dreams. Like.. wow.

And this is on Proud Mode? o_O

Falk

that puzzling face
He's OP until the stuff that can 2shot you (with the first triggering Second Chance). Then the other two characters and their unlimited invincibility frames are OP

Carbonox

Best I've found is :http://ps3trophies.com/forums/showw...ides:Kingdom-Hearts-II-Final-Mix-Trophy-Guide

If you need help finding something , there's tons of old FAQS at GameFAQS.

The order I did things in was: level up forms first, then stickers, then work with synthesis, then level up to 99, then data battles / Lingering Will, then minigames / gummi ship

Thanks, Platinuming this looks absolutely insane. KH1.5HD was a piece of piss in comparison to the requirements here.

Started DDD again. Any HD port of DDD better have VR support.

BECAUSE.

edit: Or more realistically, 3D support.

Yes to that Falk. The 3d on 3DS was good but it suffered from low resolution. 3D works better at high resolutions and framerate.

Though because of HDMI 1080p60 3D isn't possible :(

Kinsei

Banned
I ended up having to do a few data fights in order to get 3 lost illusions to complete my last few synth items. Marluxia and Lexaeus are even easier than I remember.

RPGCrazied

I don't, that explains that then. Thanks! Obtaining that is random it seems so guess I'll have to keep Driving.

Go to the colliseum, and the cup that makes you drive faster. Just try using Master, and if Final doesn't unlock hit the start button and exit. Go into the same cup, and your drive will be maxed. Eventually Final will unlock. I love this trick.

Caladrius

Nope, that was my first playthrough, I'm guessing the combat levels increase after the final episode.

Yep. Hope you didn't save. (And got Xehanort report 5 from the Mirage Arena before finishing the game).

...Is it just me, or is Terra OP? I'm about 4 hours in and i'm level 15, utterly owning everything (and If I REALLY need to own something, I D-Link Ven), and I'm just about to get Blizzaga and Zero Gravira before I leave Castle of Dreams. Like.. wow.

And this is on Proud Mode? o_O

With his High attack power and counter hammer, Terra's campaign is probably the easiest (though on Critical it's still challenging.).

His final boss is tied for the hardest in the game though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Go to the colliseum, and the cup that makes you drive faster. Just try using Master, and if Final doesn't unlock hit the start button and exit. Go into the same cup, and your drive will be maxed. Eventually Final will unlock. I love this trick.

It's way faster to hit 'retry'...

Szadek

Time to play KH for 5th time and BBs for the 4th time.
I will probably only finish the main plot.I already defeat all the optional bosses,inculding final mix exclusives, before and No Heart is such a pain to unlock anyway.

KH2 is so much shorter when you skip most of the cutscenes.

Top Bottom