• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, all joking aside, one of the first few projects I finished from start to end wasn't a commercial product but a couple of Sonic fangames that this really talented guy put together. A lot of the temp music he used was from FFX and Kingdom Hearts, specifically Dream Drop Distance.

It's actually really bizarre how in the space of ~3 years since that I've gone on to work very closely with both Masashi Hamauzu and Yoko Shimomura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBj5F056b8 Specifically had Dive as temp music.

Shahadan

I swear if I hear once again "GOT IT MEMORIzED?" I'm gonna snap.
The guy litterally spouts it every two sentences wtf. We get it.

This game will be the end of my nerves.

Seda

I'm telling you all, drinking game.
It's probably dangerous, but it should happen.

Hell, "Sora Donald Goofy" is said way more than "Got It Memorized".

I started counting, but gave up around 15.

Got it Memorized is voiced like 3 or 4 times.

Shahadan

To be fair Got It Memorized is annoying me more because I watched Days two days ago. And he says it a fucklot of times there. Christ.

Also I know the plot is a mess, but how the hell did Mickey forget Master Xehanort between BBS and KH? I love how the wiki says "Mickey thought another man named Xehanort was a mere coincidence". Right.

Caladrius

To be fair, would you really suspect that someone you last saw as an 80-year-old man would still be alive and look 60 years younger?

Thunder Surge has more invincibility frames than dash

:lol

That helped somewhat. Thanks.

Now if only I could actually fucking dodge the 2-3 Dooms he throws at you in a row.

That's the #1 cause of Death for me right now, is getting caught multiple times (and sometimes getting killed by another attack while trapped in Doom).

Also I know the plot is a mess, but how the hell did Mickey forget Master Xehanort between BBS and KH? I love how the wiki says "Mickey thought another man named Xehanort was a mere coincidence". Right.
If you watch the first secret ending for Re:coded, Mickey knows him. So he is acting dumb.
Also
they pretty much spell out that Xehanort will be back since they beat his Heartless and Nobody.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't think Nomura thought that far ahead when it came to the Mickey & Xehanort plothole.
I mean, Mickey meets Master Xehanort as an old man, fights him, then he disappears. As does his new friend Terra. Years later when visiting Ansem the Wise, he meets a young man named Xehanort who looks oddly like Terra, only with silver hair and yellow eyes.
Surely Mickey could have put two and two together. But yeah, this was probably more of Nomura's "seat of my pants" writing

Shahadan

To be fair, would you really suspect that someone you last saw as an 80-year-old man would still be alive and look 60 years younger?

Mickey is unaware of the
body switch
? I don't remember if he witnessed it or not. If he didn't, then I'm willing to believe he was just stupid when he met new Xehanort :p
Even then he should have recognized his face, but whatever.

Caladrius

Mickey is unaware of the
body switch
? I don't remember if he witnessed it or not. If he didn't, then I'm willing to believe he was just stupid when he met new Xehanort :p
Even then he should have recognized his face, but whatever.

Mickey never meets Terra

Does he?

I don't think Mickey ever meets Terra, but he definitely never saw the
Body Snatching
. Mickey was too busy trying to make sure
Ventus and Aqua weren't going to kill each other.

They never meet, though Terra catches a glimpse of him before he gets whisked away by a Star Shard.

If the Re:Coded secret movie (The one from the DS game) is anything to go by, he probably doesn't know about the body switch.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's just a little jarring that Mickey comes across as the most 'in the know' character through a lot of KH2 (in fact it's set up so he explains stuff to SDG in Ansem's study and they're all 'wat') and then there's that one oversight.

Berordn

It's just a little jarring that Mickey comes across as the most 'in the know' character through a lot of KH2 (in fact it's set up so he explains stuff to SDG in Ansem's study and they're all 'wat') and then there's that one oversight.

But him not knowing that prevents a weird plothole where he suddenly doesn't recognize Terra's very identical face.

It's silly but it kind of has to happen when they're writing the story in reverse.

Well, if Mickey never meets Terra and didn't know about the
body switching
, then I don't really see how he could have known the apprentice Xehanort. Although I would have been a bit suspect personally if I met someone else named that (even if they didn't look anything like the original). lol

Berordn

Well, if Mickey never meets Terra and didn't know about the
body switching
, then I don't really see how he could have known the apprentice Xehanort. Although I would have been a bit suspect personally if I met someone else named that (even if they didn't look anything like the original). lol

KH2 shows you flashbacks of him meeting Terra-Xehanort as Ansem's apprentice.

KH2 shows you flashbacks of him meeting Terra-Xehanort as Ansem's apprentice.

Sorry, I didn't word that correctly. I meant to say I don't see how Mickey could have known that the Apprentice Xehanort was
the same one he knew as an old man.
Yeah, it's a bit silly he couldn't piece two and two together (and likely stems from just not writing that far ahead or thinking about it), but I wouldn't really say it's a plot hole (since again, he never met Terra and had no knowledge of the
body switching
).

Falk

that puzzling face
Eh, considering that Eraqus, Xehanort and Yen Sid were like The Rockstar Trio at one point maybe he figured a young impressionable scientist might go around calling himself by his idol as a nickname.

Sorta like how you have XxXSePhIrOtHXxX nowadays.

Oh, yeah. But now I'm having trouble remembering if Mickey actually ever sees OldManhanort.

Goblin Xehanort is the only acceptable designation!

Berordn

Sorry, I didn't word that correctly. I meant to say I don't see how Mickey could have known that the Apprentice Xehanort was
the same one he knew as an old man.
Yeah, it's a bit silly he couldn't piece two and two together (and likely stems from just not writing that far ahead or thinking about it), but I wouldn't really say it's a plot hole (since again, he never met Terra and had no knowledge of the
body switching
).

Oh, yeah. But now I'm having trouble remembering if Mickey actually ever sees OldManhanort.

Hmm... I can't remember as it's been a while since I've played BBS, but does he never meet him? I forget how (DDD spoilers)
Mickey reacts when he sees Xehanort at the end. Does he recognize him immediately or does Xehanort reveal who he is first?

Berordn

Hmm... I can't remember as it's been a while since I've played BBS, but does he never meet him? I forget how (DDD spoilers)
Mickey reacts when he sees Xehanort at the end. Does he recognize him immediately or does Xehanort reveal who he is first?

I don't actually recall, DDD is on my backlog to replay at some point, but I guess we can dismiss whatever reaction he has to Yen Sid explaining everything about Master Xehanort to Mickey post Re:Coded.

Shahadan

Be careful guys, next thing we know we discover that KH's plot is less a mess than previously thought.

That alone should open a dangerous rift that will tear reality apart.

Kinsei

Banned

His line after seeing Xehanort at the end of DDD is "Master Xehanort, we were right about you!"

I don't actually recall, DDD is on my backlog to replay at some point, but I guess we can dismiss whatever reaction he has to Yen Sid explaining everything about Master Xehanort to Mickey post Re:Coded.

His line after seeing
Xehanort at the end of DDD is "Master Xehanort, we were right about you!"

Hmm... I guess that line is just a reference to the stuff with Yen Sid in Re:Coded's secret ending. Maybe Yen Sid showed him a picture of Xehanort (old man version) at some point, lol.

Eblo

Since we're on the topic of speculation, I've got something that's been bugging me. BBSFM spoilers follow.
At the end of the Secret Episode, Aqua faces a huge, powerful Heartless. I couldn't help but feel like it was familiar somehow. It has "hair" that very vaguely resembles Marluxia's, but more important than that is the fact that their battle themes are eerily similar. Compare for yourself:

Theme for Marluxia's second form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNuS2ifFWHA

Theme for the Heartless boss in BBSFM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkBMvffo5A

It's not just me, right?

Berordn

Since we're on the topic of speculation, I've got something that's been bugging me. BBSFM spoilers follow.
At the end of the Secret Episode, Aqua faces a huge, powerful Heartless. I couldn't help but feel like it was familiar somehow. It has "hair" that very vaguely resembles Marluxia's, but more important than that is the fact that their battle themes are eerily similar. Compare for yourself:

Theme for Marluxia's second form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68aj_m9QScY

Theme for the Heartless boss in BBSFM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkBMvffo5A

It's not just me, right?

It's also might be worth nothing that the backdrop, especially on the skybox looks like a forest made of thorns.

BBS Vol 2. was probably going to be devoted to Aqua defeating all of Org XIII's heartless :(

Jigolo

Who was that guy with the black jacket in the Terra Destiny Island scenes? (when it was flashing Riku grown up)

Shahadan

I'm hoping we'll have to defeat the heartless of the organization members to be honest ;(
Would be cool and it's a kinda big missed opportunity if we don't.

Also Demyx needs to be reborn somehow, he's too great to be wasted like he was!

iosefe

I'm hoping we'll have to defeat the heartless of the organization members to be honest ;(
Would be cool and it's a kinda big missed opportunity if we don't.

Also Demyx needs to be reborn somehow, he's too great to be wasted like he was!
Make him one of the lights

Falk

that puzzling face
Sora Demyx Larxene for post-KH3 main party.

Hilarity ensues.

Think about it. One is super lazy, one is an asshole. Then there's Sora.

Holy crap the return to the Pride Lands is even more terrible than the first trip. What an awful boss fight. Also I get that Nala is Simba's wife or whatever, but then what do the other lionesses do? Are there any other male ones? lol

Also how close am I to the end of the game? The big spooky Org XIII castle or whatever just appeared on the world map.

Holy crap the return to the Pride Lands is even more terrible than the first trip. What an awful boss fight. Also I get that Nala is Simba's wife or whatever, but then what do the other lionesses do? Are there any other male ones? lol

Also how close am I to the end of the game? The big spooky Org XIII castle or whatever just appeared on the world map.

God, the weirdest part of the Pride Lands is when Nala's suddenly like AND ALSO, I AM PREGNANT

Top Bottom